Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

"Its not too bad here. And no thanks on the drink. I'm good for now, thanks."
              Sohalia glanced around the empty room once more. Perhaps tomorrow she would see about doing some advertising at other local places to get some more faces in here. It was quite silent and lonely, although not as lonely with Westlyn here. She sighed again, softly, trying to figure out where to start with that advertising.

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
Westlyn stretches and stands up, yawning widely. "Excuse me. I think that we may not see anymore people tonight Boss lady. I think the inn will be open for another hour, but I don't want to risk getting locked out tonight. I have an appointment after my morning shift that I can't miss." She sighs softly and gets up to get her bag.

I'll tell her soon as I find out what's really going I guess. I hope she'll let me stay. smile

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The young woman watched as the other stood and stretched. It was late, but Sohalia decided she would stay open late tonight since she slept a good majority of the day. Being open twenty four hours could possibly be a good thing for business.
              "Alright, dear. Take care walking back and I'll see you sometime tomorrow."
              Sohalia moved so that Westlyn could easily get her bag and waited patiently for her to leave. Perhaps someone else would come in soon to keep her company.

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
"I'll make sure to be careful. I know it can be dangerous at night. Especially in a big town like this one smile I'll be back in the morning or early afternoon to make up for this morning. Have a good night Sohalia."

She laced her bag over her shoulder without bothering to remove the apron. It felt comfortable to have a job, and she wanted to keep it on til she got to the Heart and Heather. With a final wave goodbye, Westlyn opened the door and stepped into the night.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

(Slow posting for now, ya'll. Feel free to post!)
              The day had picked up quite well since Sohalia reopened the shop from deciding to close it last night, despite thinking of keeping it open all night. No one showed up after Westlyn had left so it felt like perhaps a good night to take a long bath, which she did. Either way, morning showed up quite quickly and Sohalia had the shop re-opened bright and early for her eager customers.

It took a lot of effort to run the store by herself, but thankfully most customers were fairly patient today, save a few who were late to work and really should have just gone to work. Either way, the woman was grateful for their patronage and filled their orders so they could run out the door. Most customers didn't have to wait more than five minutes or so, that made things go smoother.

Sohalia kept waiting for someone to ask for an application. She could really use some help right now. Although, the extra money she was getting from not having employees would pad the payroll account nicely.

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
A young woman, small for her age approaches the door. She fails to pull it hard enough the first time but then comes inside quickly. She has long flaxen hair and deep grey eyes, with skin of a medium-light tone. She has to grip her large messenger bag so that it won't fall off her slender shoulder. She wears a flowing skirt and a thin strapped top. A scarf is around her head like a hairband and she has a lot of jewelry. She stumbles as she approaches the counter and her bag falls to floor right before she puts her hands on the counter. "You're hiring? I'm Ari."

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia turned as she heard the door open to see a young woman enter. She was cute and blonde. The manager watched as she walked up to the counter, stumbling and dropping her bag. Sohalia looked her over then smiled, hearing she was interested in work.
              "Indeed. I have several positions open, what would you be interested in?" she asked, reaching down to pull up an empty index card application followed by the same feather quill and ink well that she had given to Westlyn. With the tips of her fingers, she pushed the items toward the girl, eagerly awaiting her answer.

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Well, I can cook, I'd think do well at waitressing, but whatever you need me to do I'd be glad to.
She said and took the card, looking over and quickly filling it out with her tight, swirly script. She picked her bag up and looked around.
I really like this place.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia took the items back after the girl was done. She placed the quill and ink back on the shelf but kept the application to look over shortly. With a smile, she sat down on her barstool and looked the girl over again.
              "Thank you. I love this place." Relaxing, she held the index card up and began to read over it, glancing over the top every so often at the girl. Westlyn was late today, she wondered if something was wrong. She sighed a little, then put the card back on the shelf.
              "Well, Ari. Its nice to meet you. Can I offer you some refreshments? On the house, of course."

(There is an application I need you to fill out on the front page. wink )

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

(I know you won't mind if I take a little liberty with your character, Beth. <3 )

Sohalia served the young girl the pastry and drink she asked for, watching as she took a lone seat over by one of the windows just as another customer walked in. The order was short. Black coffee and a chocolate chip cookie to go. Sohalia filled the order, took the customer's gold and waved them off.
              "Please come again, sir!" The man smiled to her, dropping an extra gold on the counter as a tip as he turned to leave. Sohalia bowed slightly in thanks and placed it in an empty coffee mug that she set on the counter. With that done, she then moved to make new coffee, as the liquid that was in the current pot had gotten a bit old now and that last cup was probably not too great. She hoped the man wouldn't mind too much, although minutes old didn't make coffee terrible.

Slowly, she poured the scalding coffee down the drain then measured out the ground beans into a filter then setting it into the machine and placing the pot back after a quick rinse. The machine did all the work in that aspect so she was free to do something else. This consisted of wiping down the empty tables again. So, armed with a cloth and the spray bottle of cleaner, she did just that.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The day had started out very fast. Almost as soon as the doors got gotten unlocked, the customers began to flood in. Sohalia, again on her own, managed to fill the orders without making customers wait for very long. Westlyn had again, not shown up, and the girl from last night slipped out some time during the night while Sohalia was cleaning. Several more unemployed people had submitted applications for her open positions and she was going to hire a few in the next day or so.

After a bustling morning, it finally trickled to straggling customers and it was time to clean out the display case for the new goodies that were finishing up in the kitchen. She slashed the prices and began giving away freebies, as she would rather give it away to people who would take it than throw it out. The majority of it went quickly, but she ended up taking the rest and putting it in the back. The food wasn't terribly old, a day or so and would make fine snacks for employees or herself.

The last customer left, leaving the front room empty and Sohalia quickly wiped down the tables, swept, and picked up garbage. She stocked napkins, straws, and sugars before returning to the kitchen and bringing out goodies to fill the display case once more with sweet, delicious goodness.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

(So bad at keeping my own role play active.)

The day had come and gone about as abruptly as it started. The customer flow was pretty steady after the lunch rush through the dinner rush. Now Sohalia was spending a few quiet moments drinking a drink of her own and enjoying a cupcake that she had set in the back from earlier in the day.
              "So quiet..," she said outloud to herself. It was, just as with all the other evenings there wasn't much business to be had and therefore not much to do besides cleaning. Or eating something. Or doing more baking. Sohalia had considered working out some new recipes, but at the moment she was enjoying a few moments with a hot cocoa and that cupcake.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

At this point, Sohalia was beginning to wonder what happened to Westlyn. She hadn't heard from the girl since she left a few nights ago and began to feel guilty. Perhaps she should have let the girl stay from the start as to avoid walking around at such a late hour. The woman stood, refilled her hot cocoa with a dollop of whipped cream on top and pondered.
              "Hmm..." The night was passing slowly since she was by herself. No one had been coming in this late at night since she opened. Her eyes watched the streets outside as her leg began to shake on the bar stool. She was getting a little bored, really hoping someone would come inside and order or talk.

The doors to the cafe opened moments later, though it wasn't the person that Sohalia was expecting, it might have been a familiar face though, Kent entered now through the open doorway and took a quick look around seeing not a single soul aside from the owner, and maybe Ari, only if the girl was still here. The guy slowly ran his fingers through his hair and sighed a bit to himself, then started moving between all of the tables and found one where he sit. Waiting there, he thought to himself about a few of the recent missions he had been on for a small group he worked as a member of.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia looked up from her drink as she heard the door handle turn. Someone had decided to visit the store and her face lit up. Hopefully it was someone who would chat with her. She set down her drink and stood, ready to welcome the customer.
              "Welcome to the Fea--oh hi, Kent! Long time no see!" Indeed, Kent was not the person she was waiting for, but was a familiar face she was happy to see. She smiled to him, watching as he sat down at an obviously vacant table and looked around. She put her hands on her hips, smiling to him.
              "Can I get you something?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces