Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
Westlyn eyes the cheesecake and her stomach makes a loud grumbling sound just as she gets to Sohalia and the front register

redface Excuse me. It seems that I forgot to take a small break to eat. Would you mind if I went and grabbed something to eat real quick? I forget that I have to keep track of my eating habits.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

Sohalia wiped down the counter as the last customer walked away. The door stayed closed for now for a while. As she looked up, Westlyn came back and the sound of an empty, angry stomach met her ears. She grinned and waved toward the display case.
              "Feel free. However we do have the ingredients for hot or cold sandwiches, too." Sohalia lifted a finger to point to the small sandwich station that hadn't been touched yet today. There were small compartments for toppings and a clear, warm cabinet with a few loaves of different types of breads. On the wall behind the counter was a magnetic strip with several different knives for cutting.

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
Westlyn's stomach growled louder as she excused herself to fix a sandwich. She grabbed a warm ciabatta roll, a small jar of dijon mustard, and began piling it with thin slices of cold turney, crisp lettuce and juicy tomatoes. She cut the sandwich in half, put it on a plate and fixed herself a glass of cold milk. On her way to the front counter she grabbed a slice of the delicious cheesecake and had a seat. She whispered a small prayer of thanks before digging in.

"Mmmmm! This is so delicious," she exclaimed after a few bites of the sandwich. "Just wait til customers get word of the sandwiches. We'll be overrun! biggrin

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia watched Westlyn as she worked at the sandwich counter. Another employment position that was still open. She sighed softly as the last customer left the shop. With a cloth and a spray bottle in hand, Sohalia busied herself clearing off and cleaning up tables. She stacked the plates and hooked her fingers around mug handles, hanging the spray bottle and cloth on her apron as she headed into the kitchen to put them in the sink for washing soon.

"So, Westlyn," she said soundly from the kitchen, "How do you like it here so far? Did your first day go over well?"

Sohalia rolled up the sleeves of her shirt, plunging her hands into the freezing water that had been sitting in the sink. She pulled out the plug and waited for the water to drain before she refilled it and began to wash dishes.

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
Westlyn finished her dinner and joined Sohalia in the kitchen to help with the dishes. She put her dirty things on the counter and waited for the water to finish running.

"Today was good. I was a bit upset that I was late, and I could really feel how annoyed some of the customers were. But other than that it wasn't so bad. I like it here 3nodding I just need a permanent place to stay...

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia added dishsoap to the water after putting the plug in and it filled quickly with hot soapy water. She delved in almost up to her elbows and began scrubbing dishes. None of them were particularly that dirty, but she had to make sure they were clean.
              "Don't worry about it so much. Customers got their orders filled and we made money. As for a place to stay, ask around for some of the other shops. Some of them have an apartment upstairs like this one. I'd offer, but its only a little studio and currently my place. Haha."
              Sohalia chuckled a little bit as she set the rinsed, wet dishes on the other side of the sink. She pointed to a drying rack and mentioned something about Westlyn setting them up to air dry as she finished washing the rest of the dirty china.

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
As she began stacking the dishes in the drying rack, she began to hum softly under her breath, thinking of some of the places she could look over the next few days.

"Thanks. I have enough money to stay at the inn for another week, but I miss having a place to call my own. I've been 'wandering' around for so long that I need to stay in one place."

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

"I'll put in a word for you with our neighbors."
              After the dishes were cleaned, Sohalia pulled the plug again in the sink and dried her hands. They were wrinkly from being submerged in the water for so long. She flexed her fingers then put her hands in her pockets. She leaned back against the sink and looked to Westlyn.
              "If you don't find a place by the end of the week, you can crash on my couch."

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
Weslyn dried her hands on a cloth and popped her neck a little. She was kind of tired from running around.

"You sure? I don't want to intrude. And I don't want to bother you too much. You can't just take in anyone off the streets. smile I learned that the hard way. And thanks for the lookout. I'll make sure to look around first thing tomorrow.

She stretched and shook out her arms, looking around to see if there was anything else she needed to clean or put away.

"Is there anything else you wanted me to do tonight?"

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia laughed a bit, bring her arms up to fold them across her chest. She shook her head a bit and nodded her head toward the front of the store as she headed in that direction. No customers came in, but it would probably look best if the front of the store wasn't empty.
              "Well then, I guess you better tell me now if you're a creeper to save yourself a hurtin'," she responded with another chuckle. Sohalia could put up a fight if need be. She didn't look it, but she was quite a powerful human being. She plopped down on her bar stool at the counter and looked to Westlyn, if she followed.
              "Not much left to do now. I'll wait a little bit for any more customers then I'll count the register and balance it for a deposit tomorrow at the bank.
              Sohalia yawned a bit, feeling overly tired from being a rather lazy cafe owner. She reached up with her hands and pulled her hair up on top of her head and just sat there looking silly. There was a slight breeze across the back of her neck that she normally didn't feel since she wore her long hair down majority of the time. The tiny hairs on the back of her neck stood up and goosebumps formed. She let her hair back down, combing the tips back to the middle of her back with her fingers.

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
Westlyn followed her boss to the front of the store to sit and continue the conversation.

"Last I knew I wasn't the creepy kind. I usually keep to myself when I'm not reading. I'm not really into fighting, and I'd rather not fight at all. Some call me a coward. I call myself still alive with my body functioning normally. blaugh What about you? How long have you been here and what made you decide to open this place?"

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

"Well, good then. You won't have to take a beating for being a creeper, hahahaha!" Sohalia couldn't help but laugh at that, considering she had beaten up someone once for creeping on her. The guy deserved it for getting fresh when Sohalia clearly told him to go away or he'd regret it. He sure did now. Sohalia raised her hand again and brush her bangs out of her eyes and sighed a little, relieved.
              "Me? Well, I've been in this area pretty much my whole life. Before I opened up this place I hung around the Leviathan Stadium fighting and learning. I decided fighting every day wasn't my thing. I did meet a really cute guy though. He's supposed to stop by some time."
              Sohalia placed her index finger against her cheek as she thought about the man she met who had been teaching her interesting magic at the Levi. She hoped he'd come by since she had gotten very fond of him.

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
Westlyn chuckled along with Sohalia and closed her eyes for a few minutes. It felt good to relax around someone instead of holding back and feeling tense.

"You know, it was so crazy today. I thought for a little while that people would be freaked out by me, but no one said anything. I even saw a fox! It was wild! Back in Bowen I had to wear a hat or bind my ears. Kids were always trying to grab my fluffy tail too. It was horrible."

She looked at Sohalia and smiled. "I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I have empathic powers. Nothing major or bad. I can just feel what other people are feeling. That's how I could tell one of the customers was pissed that she waited 45 minutes for service earlier. If she was really upset she could have left in my opinion. What kind of magic are you learning?"

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

"Oh yeah. There are all kinds of people here. Kitsune, neko..vampires..you name it, its here."
              Sohalia looked out the windows across the room to the streets. It seemed quiet outside but you could see a lot of lights from other places that were open this late. Barton Town was huge and booming with businesses. All kinds, ranging from bars to hotels. This cafe was just one of many. She hoped it survived.
              "Forty-five minutes? Wow, she must've really wanted what we have. Hah. Right now I'm just learning how to harness my powers. I didn't really even know I had any until a year or so ago."

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
"It'll be nice to meet new people and not worry too much about how I look. The city is so pretty at night with all the lights on like this," she replied looking out at the busy night activity. There were a few people walking, talking and enjoying themselves. It felt good to be in this place.

"I think I could call this place home. Do you want something to drink? I could get it for you."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff