Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

Versatile Sweetheart

12,950 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gender Swap 100
The stranger looked up at the girl, looking a little irritated that she was interrupted. That was until something caught her eye and she reached out and gently grabbed the girl by the shoulders and forced her to sit down in an empty seat. Oblivious to what the young girl may have been feeling about this unorthodox behavior, the artist posed to her liking and took out her camera phone. The electronic shutter sound effect went off and the stranger looked at the image before placing it on the table and tearing out the sheet she had been working on earlier to start a new drawing.
"Coffee, please. Two sugars and one milk."

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Zoey was quite perplexed when the strange woman handled her into the seat. She sat, stared at the camera then blinked a moment. That was probably the strangest thing that had ever happened to her. She glanced down at the drawing pad then up to the woman when her order was place.

"Two sugars, one milk. Got it." Still unsure what to think about what just happened, the waitress got up to fill the order. The mugs were sitting next to the coffee machine neatly, and Zoey grabbed the nearest one to fill. Sugar in the bottom, coffee on top, then the milk. She took a little plastic stirrer to swirl it together then brought it back to the woman.

"There you are."

-----------------------------------------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

Sohalia frowned when Margaret danced around her questioning and skipped it. She crossed her arms over her chest with yet another heavy sigh. This was rough, and the whole situation was probably very painful for her. Unfortunately, it was hard for Sohalia to sympathize since she had never been in this situation before.
              "How far along are you?"
              A second consideration told her that she and Margaret would be spending the day upstairs. Dax could easily take care of the shop himself, along with her waitresses. Today was going to be hers and Margaret's day off.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
A few tears fell down Margaret's cheeks. "I don't know..."

Her stomach is still churning, but at this point it's manageable. She has no idea how far along she is in her pregnancy, nor does she really want to know. In all honesty, she'd rather forget that she's pregnant at all.

[[ woot for short post! ]]

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Yet another sigh and Sohalia was now kneeling in front of Margaret. Gently, she placed her hands around Margaret's, stroking them with her thumbs.
              "You've only been here for a short while, so I don't blame you for being hesitant in talking to me about this. That, I can understand. But really..," she said, softly with a slight hesitation, "What other option do you have? Grant is going to be taken care of. Either by Dax's hand..or mine. And then we have to decide what to do about...this."
              Sohalia made a slight gesture to Margaret's abdomen. In all honesty, she couldn't blame the girl at all for not caring. It was obvious on her face that she was detached. She lost her lover and was pregnant with his child, on the run from a killer..with no one to care for her. Sohalia tightened her grip on Margaret's hands ever so slightly, willing her own strength into the woman so that she could have some help to find her own.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Margaret sniffles a few times. "I wish I never got involved with Grant...The money from this so-called job isn't even worth it anymore -- I'd rather be living in the forest or on the streets with no money at all!" she exclaimed.

"I have been avoiding going to a doctor for as long as possible...I'm scared..." She's more than scared -- she's absolutely terrified. She doesn't want to go to the doctor. She doesn't want to feel those overwhelming feelings of sadness when she thinks about Evan, her previous lover whom Grant killed. She doesn't want to visualize his torture or murder anymore. And, to top it all off, this baby would remind her about him, Grant, and this entire situation that she's in. Who would want to be constantly reminded of this?

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

"We all make mistakes when we're desperate. This decision is up to you, I can only tell you what I would do."
              Sohalia wasn't sure what to say anymore at this point. The state that Margaret was in was not only physical but it was in her head as well, it was fragile. Tentative steps and gentle words needed to be spoken so she was hesitant to say anything else, unless Margaret wanted to hear what she had to say.

For now, she stood up, grabbing one of Margaret's hands in an attempt to lead her into the living room. The bathroom still smelled awful to her and she was sure Margaret probably didn't want to smell of vomit all day. Once she could get Margaret settled into the living room, Sohalia would come back and clean up the bathroom.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Margaret nods, slowly and slightly. She stands up and walks behind Sohalia, in tow of her. At this point, her head is pretty blank. She started feeling exhausted after she vomited.

"Grant will kill me if he finds out. There was a woman who became pregnant last year...I haven't seen her since Grant found out that she was with child." Her eyes start tearing up again.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia gently led her to the couch and gave her a slight push for her to sit down. Once Margaret sat, Sohalia paced a moment.
              "He wouldn't get close enough."
              The thread was very blatant, dripping with anger. Grant was going to deserve every bit of punishment that was going to be dealt to him. Killing innocents, pregnant women...If Sohalia were a different person, she would torture him. Now she was beginning to wonder who would actually do the deed, her or Dax. A frown appeared on her face, brows furrowed as she paced. Her arms were behind her back, clasped firmly at the small of it. Her thumbs twiddled as she thought.
              "Where are you staying right now? I'll go gather your things. You're not to leave the cafe until you are supposed to go meet Grant."

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
She looks down slightly, discouraged by what is to come, even though she appreciates what Sohalia is doing and has done for her thus far. She knows just how powerful Grant can be -- she hopes that they all stand a chance.

"I'm staying at the little hotel across the street from here. I can manage gathering my things and bringing them over, really. Should I go ahead and get everything now?"

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

"Give me your key." Sohalia stopped in front of Margaret now, outstretching a hand for the key to her room. She could tell by the body language that Margaret was worried about this whole plan. Perhaps hubris or stupidity blinded her, but Sohalia wasn't worried.
              "But if you refuse to allow me to go alone, let me go with you. If Grant were to 'check up' on you, you wouldn't stand a chance by yourself."

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Margaret looks at Sohalia with worried eyes. She reaches into her pocket, gets her room's key, and hands it to Sohalia. "I'd like to go with you, just in case..."

[[ Woot for extremely short post, haha ]]

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Ari tilted her head at how the patron had manhandled Zoey, then notived Dax came down stairs. Is everything okay up there? I don't want to know anything that's not my business but it seems worrisome. She frowned slightly.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

"Fine. Stay here, I'll go talk to Dax to see what he thinks. Get comfortable, help yourself to what's in the fridge, surf the 'net, take a nap..I don't care. Just relax."
              Sohalia nodded to her, gesturing to a few things that she mentioned. She wasn't too sure how Dax would feel about this, but she felt pretty confident about it. It was unlikely that Grant would decide to 'check up' on her so soon.

She gave a small smile to Margaret before heading back down to the cafe to find Dax.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={I'm having a problem figuring out where exactly to inject some Van-ness.}=-

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200