Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
((Sorry for taking advantage but I figured I could keep the action moving downstairs without interrupting anything going on upstairs. The story is becoming so good I forget that I'm part of it as well biggrin ))

Westlyn learned that the blond girl's name was Ari and she was very fond of a bear that she called her baby. She figured she couldn't judge anyone considering what she looked like, so she smiled and told the young lady that if she needed any help to come find her immediately.

Customers were flowing in and out pretty regularly, so Westlyn learned by trial and error how to make the specialty coffees and teas that everyone seemed to love. It didn't take long after getting burned a few times, and it was fun to watch the milk steam. After taking care of a customer, she decided to do a bit of cleaning and to make sure that every customer had everything that they needed.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"Who says we have to disguise me? Anyone who comes into the cafe would see us as being on equal terms. Let's just say we're business partners." Vyhnanstvi sheathed his sword in a dim flash of orange light. He clipped it to his belt and walked over to where his one still packed duffel bag, extracting a leather pouch about the size of a softball. He returned to the coffee table and poured some of the contents of the pouch out on the surface.

Van crouched down and clasped his hands together and stuck his fingers into the pile of dust. It immediately started to glow as he worked with his hands, shaping it with forceful motions. He pulled out the wings, the neck, and shaped the body. Delicate features burned into the crystal as the powder was absorbed from the surface.

"And here's a little something for him."

-={Nothing wrong with moving side plot.}=-

Profitable Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

"I think the sword might be a giveaway, Dax. Besides..." she said, her face flushing a bit, "I'd like to see you in a suit." Sohalia giggled out loud slightly before turning to Margaret after her outburst.
              "Don't you worry about us. Grant is probably not as deadly as we are. He may have killed some people, but..well, you'll see."

Sohalia winked at her before looking over Dax's shoulder to see what he was doing. She watched as she used his dust to form some sort of trinket that was no doubt an intention of fulfilling this plan.

"We need to get a text and a picture to him soon, Dax. Would you mind posing for me?"

Dangerous Flatterer

6,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
At this point, she's rather quiet for a few reasons. One, she's still trying to process the situation. And, she also can't believe that they're actually planning on helping and getting into her mess.

She watches the interactions between Sohalia and Dax.

[[ Woohoo for short post, haha. ]]

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"A suit? I hate suits." Vyhnanstvi stuck out his tongue playfully as he set the ornate crystal crane on the coffee table. He took a handful of dust out of the pouch and rubbed it over his scabbard, changing the appearance. He creased his hands over every detail and grinned to admire his work. The sword and scabbard now looked somewhat like an umbrella. A quick test of the mechanism and it wasn't just for show.

"Let me change real quick." Van said, disappearing into the other room with the Dust. He selected from his trunk a pair of pants which he folded the dust into, pulling the fabric taught and running his hands over it they became slacks. A long-sleeve button-up shirt became a rather dressy shirt with some trim around the cuff and collar. A vest with several dozen pockets was reduced to dust and reshaped as a plain pinstripe vest which matched the pants. Van pulled out some plain black leather gloves and rubbed a little bit of dust on them to turn them into three-stitch gloves.

Dax shrugged off his jacket and reached into the folds, extracting the armor plates at the chest and working them into the lining of the new vest. He pulled the plates out of the bottom of the jacket and lined the upper thighs of his pants with them. He looked at his boots and at the remaining dust he had, and an idea popped into his head. He poured the remaining dust into the boots and worked at them, eventually changing the leather to a shiny black. With the pants on they would appear to be round-tipped dress shoes, when in actuality he would be wearing six-inch combat boots. He grinned to himself as he changed clothes and emerged from the room, his hair glowing faintly as dust fade off for a much shorter look.

"Well?"

Profitable Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia returned the face Dax made, watching as he changed the appearance of his sword to a simple looking umbrella. That reminded her they still had some magic to practice. She grinned, watching as he walked past her into her bedroom where his things are.
              "Margaret, what does Grant look like? I'm going to need you to tell me the steps to what you would normally do so we can plan this out."
              She tapped her foot slightly, pinching her chin slightly with the knuckle of her first finger and thumb as she was trying to think about this plan. From her room, she heard rustling sounds as Dax changed and wondered what he was up to. He was always full of tricks. After a few moments, he stepped out wearing a casual pair of slacks with a matching vest and a button up shirt, leather shoes, and a shorter hair cut. Sohalia's face felt warm again and she let out a low whistle.

"If I didn't know better, Dax. I would think you were a real business man."

[+rolls eyes.+ Casual generally means no jacket.]

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={Not a suit. No jacket.}=-

Dangerous Flatterer

6,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
[[ Question, Charming. You said Chase, but did you mean Grant? ]]

Profitable Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[Completely. I have no idea where the hell I pulled Chase from..]

Dangerous Flatterer

6,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
Grant is rather tall... She looks over at Dax as a comparison. "Maybe a few inches taller than Dax, I'd say. He's very calculated, and he has his way of finding out information that even I am unaware of. He has dark hair, a tad darker than mine -- it's short, and he wears it in some sort of a spiky-ish style. His eyes are a light-like green, like new, springtime grass...it's strange how green they are. They don't even look human." A chill runs down her spine. Grant's eyes make her uneasy.

"You will always see him in a nice looking suit, usually black or navy. He wears ties, no specific color, though, as he always switches them up. He has silver cuff links that have the letter "G" on them. Otherwise, that is basically it."

"First, I always send him a picture of the person I found. He'll reply with either 'OK' or 'No.' If he says 'OK' I go from there. When it's time for me to...steal the money, I usually do it after the guy is asleep, and then I run to Grant's house. It's hidden, pretty far out in a forest nearly an hour from here."

Hilarious Gawker

5,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Ari got the food put away, then introduced her self to Westlyn and couldn't help but gush about Peachy a bit. I'm finding everything alright. I really like this place. The only thing is that Peachy misses me all day. She smiled sheepishly.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Vyhnanstvi listened intently to the description, cementing every detail into his mind. The eyes and the home struck out at him... He ran himself through every creature he had ever encountered since leaving Ter'Ath. He had been grinning slightly since the 'not human' comment.

"Who says I'm human?" Van said quietly as he ran through possibilities. More than likely he was some kind of fey... but there was a question as to the species and tribe. Hearing the comment about the picture, he went back into Sohalia's room and grabbed her computer. He set it up on the coffee table and opened it up, sitting down in the chair opposite the couch.

"Wait. Not yet." Dax got up quickly and went back to his trunk, leaving the door open. He came back with a pair of thin-framed glasses. While the lenses appeared black, they reflected a rose-coloured sheen in the living room light. He sat back down in front of the computer and put the glasses on, letting them rest on the tip of his nose. "Snap a shot of me." He woke the computer and brought up the expense report for the restaurat so he'd have something reflected in his glasses. He quickly saved it and opened a new copy, adding a couple zeroes to some of the numbers. Vyhnanstvi stared at the screen as if it was the only thing that mattered to him in the world, his 'umbrella' leaning against the chair next to him.

-={Apologies for late reply. Last customer of the night was a special case, ended up getting out an hour and a half late.}=-

Profitable Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia stood there, watching Dax go back and forth with her computer before finally settling on the couch for a perfect faux-shot. She leaned forward slightly, brushing a lock of hair away from his eyes with a smile.
              "Look up at the camera with a slight smile, you devil."
              Her tinkle of a laugh showed again as she stepped out from beside him so as not to cast a shadow or be seen in any reflections while she waited for Margaret to snap the shot.

Dangerous Flatterer

6,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
"Hm..." She stands up and walks in front of Dax. She moves close to him, leaning down a bit as if she was inspecting him from head to toe, which she was. "Perfect," she says with a slight grin. She takes her phone out of one of her jeans' pockets and she snaps a photo of him. She clicks on 'Send Message,' sending the picture to Grant.

She keeps her phone in hand, eagerly but nervously awaiting his response. "Now we wait...But, luckily he's good about responding promptly." Her right foot starts to tap quietly, not that she even notices.

[[ Edit: Also, what should we do about Grant? I'm not sure how I'd do roleplaying a male character, but I could give it a go, I suppose, if we have no other option. smile ]]

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={I'd volunteer but then the inevitable climactic battle would just be me playing with myself. :3

BTW these glasses are one of the 'tools' that can be found in Van's armory}=-

Vyhnanstvi closed the document and the computer, leaning back in the chair and pushing the glasses up. Even at the bridge of his nose the lenses only covered half of his eyes, and barely intruded into his field of vision. They were the spitting image of designer reading glasses... which, in actuality, they were. One of the few things Van had bought rather than improvised.

"If he gives you a 'no' we do this the hard way." Dax said, his face momentarily set in stone. "You lead us to his house and we negotiate... aggressively if required." He closed his eyes and let his head fall back against the chair. "And before either of you ask, yes aggressive negotiations involve using my sword and gun."

-={short post, wooo!}=-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games