Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 ... 140 141 142 > »|

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Ariannona looked around the room, still dazed by the winter wonder land, jarring her mind juxtaposed with the familiar setting behind it. Margaret had lost consciousness but it seemed Rhett had the situation under control. She was far more concerned with the sobbing Tynan, bu that too seemed to be handled just fine. She turned to Rhett slowly, he had said something, but she stared at him dumb-struck for a few more seconds. Had he said something about a drink? He was talking to her, he must want her to get him something. She nodded and got up, pushing one hand against a knee to straighten herself. Making her way through the snow on the floor made progress slightly slower than usual. The biggest hindrance being her long skirt catching on the microscopic crystals. When she got to the coffee maker she was glad to see enough was in the pot to make a hot brew for the exhausted blond man. "Milk and sugar?" Her voice came out a little hoarse even though it had only been a few minutes since she had used it.
Ari realized that she was asking questions of the coffee maker and turned to Rhett. "How do you take your coffee, dear?"

Obsessive Cultist

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurrent Top :: Outfit // Current Bottom :: Shorts,Skirt // Current Accessory :: Hair, earrings // Current xxxx :: Shoes, Gloves, Stockings

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fear no more the midnight
Fear no more the sea
Close your eyes, regret nothing
You're safe with me
Look into the shadows
Step into the m i s t
Search your land but doubt never
xxxxxxxxI still exist

Tynan shifted so her feet were in front of her and she was sitting more normally, if sitting on the floor in a cafe could be considered normal. She stared at the drying cloth of her gloves as Sohalia pulled back her mass of hair. The silk gloves were ruined, but she could feel the slow pull now of even the dampness of the cloth soaking back into her, as though she were a sponge. She looked a confused question at Sohalia as she was helped up and into the kitchen. What was going on?

Tynan tried to wrap her mind around what she knew had happened, what the magic was and what it meant. She was never meant to have power, she was too old now to come into the her powers.... or so she'd been told. She knew Rhett had some sort of hand in this... she wondered... maybe he was from the court, sent to fetch her back... perhaps Cel had found her and Rhett was just one of the prince's cronies come to take her back to him. Tynan put that thought aside as it made her heart race... she would not panic again, she told herself. She simply focused on getting to the kitchen and out of sight of the general populace.

Tynan would deal with Rhett on her own, be he mortal, mage, or god. She felt her heart grow heavy at the thought of what she might have to do for her own safety and the safety of her friends here or what she would do about Rhett. Her resolve strengthened, if circumstances had been different, she might have liked Rhett, but she would protect herself.

They crossed the threshold of the Kitchen and Tynan relieved Sohalia by collapsing upon the nearest clean counter. Her eyes still burned, but Tynan would not cry anymore. She was a warrior of the Sidhe and she would act like one, especially if there was about to be a battle.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[I just wrote a huge ******** post and Gaia deleted it.]

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sohalia continued to pet back Tynan's hair, pulling the velvet ribbon a bit tighter into the tangled mess of waves. The hair between her fingers felt dry, abnormally, and she began to notice that the dampness was seeping back into Tynan's very being. Still cold to the touch, Tynan's magic was withdrawing. Sohalia, on the other hand, was wet and cold. Her warmth had caused the cascade of snow on her to begin to melt and it was soaking her. Rivulets of water rolled down her face causing her own hair to stick to her skin. A chill hit her which raised goose bumps.

"Let's go.." Sohalia stood with Tynan and led her to the kitchen, turning back to glance at Rhett, Ari, and Margaret as they crossed. Tynan went in before her and the sound of her crumpling caused her to turn. The woman was now laying on the only clean, empty counter still as stone but visibly shaken. Sohalia pressed her hands on her back, feeling the strong bones of her corset a moment before moving by the hot ovens to warm herself. Her vision lingered on Tynan and asked a rather hard question to answer.

"Care to tell me what that was about?"

Sisbera

----not switching accounts to post as Rhett right now----

Rhett pulled a leg up as his bottom touched the floor from his crouching position. He threw his arm over his knee and laid his head down. The room began to spin. As skilled as he was, healing magics took much of his energy and he was no longer his peppy self. It would take food and sleep to fix him now. He sighed deeply, feeling himself drift off a bit when he realized he was being spoken to.

At first the words weren't clear, something about sugar? Maybe? It was Ari, across the room asking him about his coffee. Coffee? Oh yes, he asked her for a drink. That's right. He angled his head toward her slightly, looking at her with one glazed eye. Rhett was pale and sleep was setting in quickly. It took a few seconds for him to answer.

"Just a splash of whole milk and a tablespoon of sugar, please...," his voice was quiet, fatigued even. Sleep sounded great, even against the billows of snow in the cafe that was beginning to melt. The fur lined carpet under the Yule tree looked like a fantastic pillow.

mawsibeth

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Ariannona prepared the drink as instructed and mopped up the droplets that had escaped the cup with a napkin. She fetched a clean napkin on the way to Rhett and held it to the bottom of his cup. It looked like he was asleep. She crouched down, awkwardly holding the cup because there was no dry surface near enough to set it down. "Would you like to sit down?It looks like you won't stay up long enough for your drink if you stay on the floor like that." She presented the cup a little closer to him, holding back a shiver as the melted snow clinging to her skirt dripped down her boots, chilling her toes.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
A long yawn met Ari's question as she kneeled down to him. She was quick, or he had fallen asleep for a moment. Probably the later. He smiled, brushing back his hair then taking the cup. His mind was more on a bed than a chair at moment, though.

"I think, perhaps, I shall stay here until I finish my drink," Rhett replied with a small grin. The cup steamed in the cool room. He watched the vapors swirl in the air a moment before taking a rather long drink of the hot liquid. It burned his mouth, badly, which made him wince but the change in temperature shot him some adrenaline to wake up. His mouth was numb now, and burnt, but once he slept he could take care of it himself. He took another drink, then looked up to Ari again.

"Ish der anywhur ah kin shleep?" The burn in his mouth caused him to talk funny, but with any hope she could translate his slur into proper English.

Obsessive Cultist

Alarmingly Charming

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurrent Top :: Outfit // Current Bottom :: Shorts,Skirt // Current Accessory :: Hair, earrings // Current xxxx :: Shoes, Gloves, Stockings

Fear no more the sea
You're safe with me
Look into the shadows
Step into the m i s t
xxxxxxxxI still exist

"Care to tell me what that was about?" Sohalia asked. So blunt... so straight forward. Tynan laughed for just a breath, a touch of hysteria to it, forcing the laughed to sound more like a twittering bird than what it actually was.

Tynan looked at Sohalia over her shoulder; What did she want her to say? What part did she want answered? The sword, the magic, or the hostility towards Rhett? There was so much for the others to ask about and she didn't have nearly enough answers. Sometimes she rued having to live with the mortals and their questions. Now she would have to think of a way to satisfy Sohalia's questions. Tynan closed her eyes and took a deep breath, clearing her mind and donning the politely blank face she had mastered at court. She much look a mess, she thought, her hair having come undone... she didn't think anyone here had ever seen the true length of her hair... ah... what was she doing? Her mind was wandering, trying not to think of how to answer Sohalia. Pity she still had reason to see that fact.

Tynan released the breathe she hadn't even noticed she was holding, and began to breathe regularly; her lungs still burned from drowning, she noted. Tynan's eyes finally opened while she shifted her weight against the counter to face Sohalia. Her eyes glowed, still; brightest lilac to the deepest blue of the water that had engulfed her with gold surrounding her iris, and if one stared they might be able to see that dark current in her eyes.

"What are you referring to, Sohalia?" She simply could not make her voice match her face. She was almost hoarse and there was no neutrality to be found in her tired and tried tone.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sohalia swayed back in forth in front of the warmth of the working machines behind her. The waves of heat caressed her skin, banishing some of the cold that kept her shivering. Her clothes were damp but they were warm so the chills were subsiding. Tynan was looking at her now, she could see her mind trying to answer her blunt question. From the time they had spend together, Tynan never answered blunt questions and would tip toe around them. In fact, she had mentioned to Sohalia, once in passing, that the fey don't take kindly to blunt questions and will generally ignore them. It was an insult to ask a question bluntly.

Too bad. As much as Sohalia had done to accommodate her culture, it was time for Tynan to do the same. It was magic, Sohalia knew that much, it had almost destroyed her cafe, her home, everything. Whatever that was, it needed to be prevented from happening again.

"You know exactly what, Tynan." The comfort Sohalia was showing before was gone. The woman before her was hiding something. She reached up to pull her hair back behind her to help it dry all the while keeping her gaze on Tynan.

Obsessive Cultist

Fear no more the sea
You're safe with me
Look into the shadows
Step into the m i s t
xxxxxxxxI still exist

Tynan let the ware of the past few moments.... had it really only been moments ago?.... Show on her face. A slight pout, nearly a frown, formed on Tynan's ruby lips. Tynan made a stall for time as she reached up and pulled the ribbon from her hair. She preferred her hair up, but the ribbon had arranged her hair in an almost painful way. Her hair spilled down and around her body like a living cloak. She usually had no problem with her down, but now she felt a slight tugging at the end of her hair, as if the ends rested in a gentle stream rather than the dry tiles underfoot.... Unusual....

Tynan decided that since Sohalia hadn't specified what she wanted to know about, she would give the safest answer she could, omit anything Sohalia didn't necessarily need to know. She tugged against her moving hair that shouldn't be moving.

"I don't know why it happened, Sohalia," Her tone was dead serious, "That magic was never suppose to come to me. I was told I was too old to come into my power, now... all that I know is that it had something to do with Rhett," Tynan babbled out. She stopped to think; She didn't think that answer would make sense to Sohalia, so, taking a deep breathe, Tynan started again.

"That was the magic of the Sidhe; our most personal magic. The Sidhe come into this magic when they hit puberty. My magic never came... I was told that I was too old now and that I would never come into my magic... I... I don't know why.... or why it tried to... consume me." Tynan spared Sohalia the nasty suspicions she had of Rhett or the details of her past... Knowing Tynan's past could and would put these people in danger. The less they knew the better. Tynan hoped Sohalia wouldn't press further... ask about the sword or ask about her past.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It was odd, watching Tynan tug at her hair as if it was unnatural to her. Hadn't her hair always done that? No, no it hadn't. That was new. How odd. Sohalia stepped away from the heat and leaned against the island counter top, supporting herself on her elbows and pushing around a bit of flour with her fingers.

Sidhe magic. Interesting. Sohalia didn't know much about the Sidhe as Tynan refused to answer most of her questions. It was been obvious she had some of this race in her lineage but Tynan couldn't even answer that much beyond an 'I don't know'. After a few moments, she rubbed her chin a bit, trying to figure out how to word the questions she still wanted answered. She sighed loudly then put her head down on the counter.

"I..don't think I even want to ask any questions further...I just..I don't know. Can you control this power?" Sohalia lifted her head up slightly, peering at the woman between strands of hair, "If its something about Rhett, just..stay away from him from now on."

Obsessive Cultist

Fear no more the sea
You're safe with me
Look into the shadows
Step into the m i s t
xxxxxxxxI still exist

Tynan relaxed, she hadn't even known she was tense; Sohalia wouldn't press the issue, Thank the Gods. Tynan wish she had more to give Sohalia, at least about the magic. The poor woman, Tynan had danced on thin lines of half-truths nearly her whole life, but this was the first time she felt bad for it as she watched Sohalia collapse against the counter.

"Sohalia.... I wish I knew more about this new magic. I don't even know what it's called. Most of the knowledge comes from the older Sidhe and... the information isn't given until a Sidhe... awakens to their own powers. I'm so sorry... I wish I knew," It was really the only answer Tynan could give Sohalia; She didn't even know if she could control this power... but she could definitely feel it... waiting, there, for her to summon it.

Tynan leaned heavily upon the counter... but then she had an idea... maybe... she could detain Rhett? He seemed tired enough that he wouldn't put up much of a fight. Tynan seem renewed suddenly. It may work... under guise of her wanting to... help... the man who had saved her life.

"I'msorryMs.SohaliaIcan'tstayawayfromRhettjustyet," Tynan gushed forth as she nearly ran from the room, kicking off her heels along the way; carrying a full-grown man wasn't work for heels. Tynan left footprints in the snow as she made her way to Rhett. He was clearly exhausted as she approached him from behind and threw one of his arms over her shoulders while her other arm wrapped around his waist and stood and started walking towards the door with Rhett her unsuspecting captive. Tynan even ignored Bas Nihm digging into her hip as she rushed Rhett out the door.

"You need to come with me, Rhett. You can sleep in my bed until you're recovered," She said soothingly to the man she so easily Tossed about.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[KIDNAPPING!!]

Sohalia rubbed her forehead hard across her arms, making rather unsettling noises in her throat. She was trying to think, and possibly thinking too hard. She lifted her head to listen to Tynan try to explain everything but it was clear she also didn't know. Normally, she did not fumble over her words but today she did. Groaning, Sohalia rolled over and bent backward over the counter top to stare at the ceiling. She felt like flopping around on the floor like a fish from confusion.

"Okay, I guess...", but before she could finish and say anything else Tynan spewed something about Rhett and ran out the door. Confused, Sohalia didn't even move. She was done for the day. Kaput.
[ O_O ]

Burnt tongue. Ouch. But Rhett kept drinking. It was giving him some energy as his head continued to fuzz with the impairment of sleep. Glorious sleep. He was waiting for Ari to answer him with Tynan flew out of nowhere and brought him to his feet rather effortlessly. He looked at her, bewildered for a moment, then slapped a stupid grin on his face as he realized she was taking him to her apartment. Awesome.

"Why, yesh, Ms. Tynan. Dat wuld be wunnerful," he slurred over his numb mouth, "but ah need ter git mah biola." Rhett stumbled slightly to set his cup down on the nearest table and reached for his viola. How wonderful to have a lovely woman such as Tynan to invite him over.

"Ah tink we are becoming fwiends, mah der." He sounded like an idiot. A wonderfully, slap happy idiot. Previous moments forgotten of what had happened with Tynan, Rhett clutched his viola case and went gleefully with the Sidhe woman.

Obsessive Cultist

Fear no more the sea
You're safe with me
Look into the shadows
Step into the m i s t
xxxxxxxxI still exist

Tynan let go of Rhett so he could get his Viola; He seemed to have taken leave of his senses and was going to go with her willingly. Fine by her.

She stood there with a sweet smile on her face as she held a hand back out to him as he returned. He sounded like he had part of his tongue removed with his slurred speech. That was fine by her, too. Silly and nearly incomprehensible. She led Rhett out the door once more, nearly dancing at his side or in front of him, leading him away to her apartment, as she added a touch of glamour to make sure he wouldn't come to his senses and leave, making sure he only thought of her. How very fey, she thought, remembering the stories of the Faeries who would snatch mortals away.

The wind picked up, bellowing her impossibly long hair around them as they walked, adding to the ethereal effect of her presence. Tynan noted she had to put in little effort into the glamour, almost as if what had happened in the cafe had added something to her magic.

She took Rhett around the corner of the cafe to the street the apartments resided on, before she brought his hand to her mouth and gave the barest of caresses to Rhett's knuckles with her lips, and batted long eyelashes at him, while redirecting the glamour to that touch and her eyes.
                                                                "You saved my life, Rhett. The Sidhe don't let such things go unrewarded," Tynan failed to specify the kind of reward she had in mind for the handsome mage, however, and continued to pull him, physically and magically, to the entrance of the second building.
Rhett went so willingly with her, almost gliding as she led him 'round the corner to her complex. He noted the bit of magic she was using, only because even in a stupor he could feel magic. Regardless, it didn't seem hostile so he let it go and continued on with the lovely creature.

After a few moments, they rounded a corner and Rhett felt Tynan lift his arm to brush her lips against his knuckles. How odd, yet enticing. He grinned, listening to her words. Reward? Oh my. Naughty thoughts danced in his head while his eyes returned the sultry gaze she was giving him.

"Mah der, ah only wisth fer a bed fer now. A'm afraid dat I am far too schleepy ter be any fern." Damn burnt mouth. Rhett brought his hand up and touched his lips lightly. The draw of magic to heal his own mouth caused his knees to buckle slightly but he felt his mouth again. Both hands clutched Tynan's arms and he looked back up to her, a slight trace of fear in his eyes.

"I've never...gotten myself to tired using magic before.." Honestly, he was almost afraid he might have killed himself performing that magic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff