Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]

Obsessive Cultist

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurrent Top :: Outfit // Current Bottom :: Shorts,Skirt // Current Accessory :: Hair, earrings // Current xxxx :: Shoes, Gloves, Stockings

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fear no more the midnight
Fear no more the sea
Close your eyes, regret nothing
You're safe with me
Look into the shadows
Step into the m i s t
Search your land but doubt never
xxxxxxxxI still exist

Tynan walked from the back, the containers now satisfyingly full, when Ms. Sohalia had asked her to make a grilled cheese sandwich. Tynan gave an affirmation of "Okay" before quickly replacing the condiments on the tables and returning to the sandwich station.

Tynan bent at the waist to retrieve some slices of American Cheese from the small cooler underneath the station. It wasn't the prepackaged, nearly plastic cheese one would expect, but a full block of actual American Cheese, natural and unprocessed, and had a distinctly cheese smell you simply didn't get with the packaged single slices. Tynan set it upon the counter while she quickly buttered and plugged in the sandwich maker so it could preheat. She then turned her attention back on the cheese, peeling back the wax wrapping on the block before taking the cheese cutter and slicing off the appropriate amount for a sandwich.

Tynan left the slice sitting on the wrapping of the block while she retrieved two slices of bread. Ms. Sohalia hadn't specified what kind of bread the Customer wanted, so she made for the white bread, taking two of the elongated slices and putting the cheese in between them. Tynan then placed the sandwich on the now heated griddle of the sandwich maker and flipped the lid closed and watched for the indicator light to go from red to green. Okay, maybe it's intended use was for making pennes, but it worked wonders for grilled cheese, too.

Tynan reached for one of the small, clean plates that were always located at the sandwich station and had it ready when the light finally turned green. Flipping open the lid, Tynan found a perfectly done grilled cheese, with it's pretty little grill lines cooked into the bread. Tynan used the station's spatula to flip the sandwich onto the plate and finished by cutting the gooey creation at an angle down the middle and separating the two halfs artfully upon the plate.

Her current task done, Tynan picked up the plate and swept around the counter, taking care to sweep past Rhett close enough they almost touched, and stopped just before the customer's table. Tynan gave them a friendly smile. "Which one of you dears had the grilled cheese?" She asked.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Alarmingly Charming
onyx2047
mawsibeth
She was sure she had just seen people walk into the cafe and they hadn't given a moments pause to this fallen fellow human.

(( I'm sorry but did I fail to read something? Was I suppose to read something? I assure you I didn't intend to offend or ignore anyone if I was suppose to. ))

[There was a member of the cafe outside fallen, but its alright that you didn't see her post.]

(( Oh...okay then. Well sorry. ))

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sisbera

User Image

His eyes watch the other female now as the owner had addressed her to make the grilled cheese. That deeply fragrant cheese hit his senses in no time. When finished she came to the table in which Onyx sat. This prompted Heiden to excuse himself from the owner and move over to the table.

With a smile he approached the female. In his hands were the cheese cake and the green tea.

"Oh! I did ma'am!" he said. He set the drink and cheese cake before his mother and then set himself into his seat, smiling up at the server.

"Thank you" he said politely to her. His eye's took in as much detail of the woman that he could. It was apart of who and what he was.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
onyx2047
mawsibeth
She was sure she had just seen people walk into the cafe and they hadn't given a moments pause to this fallen fellow human.

(( I'm sorry but did I fail to read something? Was I suppose to read something? I assure you I didn't intend to offend or ignore anyone if I was suppose to. ))

[[ OCC : Yes, my character is (soon-to-be was) laying on the ground in front of the Cafe, bloody and dirty. I'm not sure how my long posts went unseen, lol. Rest assured, she has been attended to. I suppose you can always blame your missing them on the dense fog outside. ]]

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Imagex
x
x
x

xxM a r g a r e txx

Margaret looks over at Ari. She felt a tear begin to creep down her right cheek. She briskly wipes it away with the pointer finger of her right hand. "I...I don't know what happened." She looks down at her hands and then raises them slightly, palms up. They no longer bleed but they are covered in dried blood and the palms of her hands still look as if they were burned. She looks back up at Ari. Part of her wishes she had an answer as to why she looked so distraught but she knew Ari knew just as much as she did -- nothing.

Margaret sits up quickly, as if a switch had been flipped to its ON setting. "Do you know where Lisaline is?! Have you seen her? Do you know what time I left the Cafe yesterday? I don't know where Lisaline is!" Her questions and ending statement all came out rather quickly and jumbled.

"I don't know what happened to me! I woke up in the middle of some small, open field not too far from here.I don't even remember what I did last night or how I ended up there!" Scared, nervous and confused, she begins to cry again. While she knows that the first thing she needs to do is find Lisaline, she has no idea how to go about it. All she can seem to do at this point is panic.

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
onyx2047
mawsibeth

[I was just following the series of events. No one is mad that the event went unnoticed once. It wasn't an attack just trying to bring more emotion to my post.]

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Margaret Hilgari

Ari furrowed her brow and shook her head. "I'm not sure. I left a little bit early yesterday. The last I saw Lisaline you were about to take her to daycare. Let's go inside, we can figure things out in there." Ari gently slid her arms under Margaret and lifted her, expecting some protest and signs of pain, she moved very slowly and halted at any sign of distress from the injured woman. She couldn't imagine what had happened to her coworker and friend. There never seemed to be a moment of peace around this place though, so she supposed she couldn't be surprised by another misadventure happening upon the quiet cafe. "Sohalia will help." She reassured her battered comrade.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

Current Outfit:
Hair|Skirt|Top|Necklace|Shoes, with white stockings

It would appear that Sohalia had spaced off while her customer was speaking with her, as after a few moments she realized he had walked away with his order and Tynan had already finished the sandwich. She blinked, her face flushing with color as she wiped a hand over her face. That was odd. She turned her head toward the man who had now taken a seat with the woman he entered with and smiled.

"My name is Sohalia, by the way. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some things to tend to in the back." With another small bow, Sohalia made her way back in the back where she had first been reading over paperwork. She noticed they have been ruffled, Tynan must've checked stock forms. She scooped them up and went to stand at the island counter, feeling the heat of the still working ovens on her back. At least she able to be on top of paperwork now, instead of drowning in it last minute. Unfortunately, very few of these were applications for her open positions but they were making due. Her gaze flashed up to the clock. That's right. Margaret was late, and now Ari was too. Dax was upstairs, she thought, but he often slipped out when she didn't notice.

What was going on? Sohalia shook her head. She didn't have time to run around looking for her employees. While she was lax about their schedules, she wasn't a babysitter or their mother to harp on them. They would get here, and she'd mention it then it would be remedied. So long as they were here and clocked in before the rush, it was fine.

Although, oddly, she could have sworn she kept hearing a baby cry....

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Margaret Hilgari
onyx2047
mawsibeth

[[ OCC : Yes, my character is (soon-to-be was) laying on the ground in front of the Cafe, bloody and dirty. I'm not sure how my long posts went unseen, lol. Rest assured, she has been attended to. I suppose you can always blame your missing them on the dense fog outside. ]]

(( Simple being the new person (and subjected to a phone), I did not back read upon making my fist post. I didn't really appreciate being called out on it either. It made me feel lousy. If people saw my mistake, why wasn't I pm'd about It, if it was vital, as a pose to exploiting it? If it wasn't vital why point it out at all? Anyways what's done is done. ))

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
mawsibeth
onyx2047
mawsibeth

[I was just following the series of events. No one is mad that the event went unnoticed once. It wasn't an attack just trying to bring more emotion to my post.]

(( Its cool. I know it wasn't an attack. I never said I thought it was. It just made me feel like s**t is all. Don't worry. Let's just Rp. ))

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[Take OOC chat to our OOC thread please, leave the drama at the door. Characters have been addressed, previously ignored or not. s**t happens, let's RP because that's what we're here for. kthx ]

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={Guess who's back...}=-

High above Barton Town, a passing cloud started to shake. At ground level this would be barely perceptible but someone looking closer either by physical proximity or through some sort of optical magnification would definitely see the disturbance, almost as if the cloud were being ripped apart from the inside. In point of fact that was a rather apt way of describing what was happening, as the air currents inside swirled around a flickering ball of light which started to illuminate the cloud as if by lightning.

Suddenly there was a popping noise, almost like a car backfiring but nowhere near as loud. Save for the physical proximity it would be doubtful if any observer noticed the sound, but anyone looking up at that particular moment would most certainly notice as the cloud suddenly exploded. The air currents swirling around the flicker of light had abruptly changed direction from cyclic to outward. Air rushed away from the flickering light as it grew and then shifted and swirled and changed in colour almost as if someone were rending the very fabric of space and time. All this came to a halt as the light coalesced pink into the shape of a man. A particular man, in fact. One Vyhnastvi Dax who had moments ago stepped into a portal at a Traveller's Shrine expecting to come out at the shrine on the outskirts of Barton.

As his sight returned, however, Van quickly became aware that he had in fact not emerged from the other end of the portal but somewhere in between, in the air above Barton Town. He had just enough time to process this before the energies of the portal left him and gravity found him. Hello, Gravity. How are you? His mind raced for just a moment before the thought occurred to him that this was most definitely real and not some weird mid-transit dream. "Oh, s**t."

-={Stay tuned for part 2!}=-
[ze queen, she hath spoken.]

Rhett weaseled his way behind the counter, previously been told that now that he was an official employee on payroll that he had permission to be behind the counter or in the kitchen. Tynan had often continued to take orders for him, and he generously tipped her but today he would grab what he wanted himself which was a chilled bottle of water. Tynan kept giving him glances over her shoulder, making him shiver with delight. That vile woman. Oh she was so good.

Grinning wildly to himself, he grabbed a water from the small fridge then headed back to his table, nearly skipping. Gotta keep that under control. He sat down, twisting the cap off his bottle to take a quick drink before pulling his viola onto his lap to tune the strings a bit while he waited for customers to start flowing in. No point in playing if there was hardly anyone to enjoy it.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Heiden turned his head as the owner spoke her name. He would remember it. She excused herself. Naturally she had duties to attend to. That was when he remembered his drink that he was unable to grab. Looking back at the other woman that had served him his food, he quickly excused his self. A quick dart and he was back.

Pushing cup and plate towards onyx he watched her a moment as she began to eat and drink. Together they would eat in peace and quiet.

Obsessive Cultist

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurrent Top :: Outfit // Current Bottom :: Shorts,Skirt // Current Accessory :: Hair, earrings // Current xxxx :: Shoes, Gloves, Stockings

Fear no more the midnight
Fear no more the sea
Close your eyes, regret nothing
You're safe with me
Look into the shadows
Step into the m i s t
Search your land but doubt never
xxxxxxxxI still exist

Tynan smiled at the silver haired young man as he sat down in his seat. She then set the plate down in front of him with a small clink as the ceramic made contact with the table.
                                                                "I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you two need anything else, Alright?" She beamed at the two sitting in the seat. Tynan had no clue what to do or say once the silver haired young man stood up once again to take the drink from Sohalia and decided to cut their encounter shorter than was necessarily polite and turned and walked away.

Tynan stopped by Rhett and stood there, giving him a lingering look as he removed his viola from it's case. The sight of the tempered wood of the instrument always made her long for her violin, stashed away in her apartment; The way she could make it sing like the tides and ebb like the sea. Tynan zoned out, staring at the Viola Rhett was now tuning - staring at Rhett; when the world shifted as a tidal wave ate her vision.

She was under the ocean! In the deepest, coldest parts that no light dared venture. She couldn't see, couldn't breath. Her lungs burned now and panic flared up, clouding her mind, causing her to not think. Not think about the fact that she was still standing on clearly solid ground as she tried to run forward, only to be violently pushed back by the suddenly violent and encircling currents. She floated there, buffeted by the currents, knocked from her feet as she thrashed in the water. She couldn't die, but she could still drown, her body still needed air to function.

Somewhere in her panic stricken mind Tynan knew; This was the coldness that had been inside her for the past month now; it had been the cold depths of the ocean. Was this her power? Was she to be taken by the violence of a power she had always longed for? Taken by her own power, with no other Sidhe to help keep it in check. It had been known to happen, a lonely Sidhe eaten by their own awakened power, simply for the lack of help. Was this her fate?

Tynan stopped struggling, her mind calming down as that knowledge sank in. There would be no help, would there? Why fight it? Her hair and skirt swirled around her as the currents did what they would with her body, pushing her goddess knew where. She thought she saw the cafe through the murk, a faint glow of light, giving the images she saw an other worldly look through the filter of the water. Was she not in vision, then? Was she in the cafe still? Rhett.... she saw Rhett! Curse that man! Something about him had triggered this, she knew it! She knew better than to have let him stay near! Knew there was something about him she hadn't liked!!! He would be the last thing she saw before her power consumed her, and she cursed him for that, too, as she was dragged back into the impenetrable darkness.

Tynan closed her eyes and let her mind wander, dropped the shields that kept her from seeing so much more than the mundane around her. She saw Ari and Margaret behind her eye lids. Ari was carrying a hurt and scared Margaret into the cafe. Tynan saw it and knew that it was happening now.... and heard... a baby crying as she watched the two women with second sight and heard the baby with something other than her ears.... Why now? Why would her power take her mind there while she was about to be consumed by it?

Rhett Caldwell
onyx2047
alarmingly charming

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out