Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

"Fun before food..,"she said in a slightly seductive tone, accepting the other lock of hair and giving another, gently tug. Just as she was about to drop said hair, Dax tossed Ari the waist apron that Sohalia had set out for her previously thus prompting her to move a little closer to Dax with a grin.
              "But I suppose if you must be a party pooper, I do need to take my break." A small pout formed on her face, playful but pouty. She looked up at him from under long, dark lashes before giving his hair a final tug and heading toward the front room.

"Keep up the good work, Margaret!"she called over her shoulder before disappearing around the corner to make herself a drink.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Margaret wasn't much minding the casual talk and interactions between Sohalia, Dax, and Ari. For the most part, at least while she's working, she usually just keeps to herself, anyway. Regardless, it's nice to have some friendly folks around as a positive influence. "Will do, Sohalia!" she said whilst smiling just before Sohalia goes to get herself a drink.

While she continues to mix some cake batter, she hears a faint *beep* in the background. She slips over to the oven, takes out the completed cupcakes she popped in nearly thirty minutes ago, and she sets the fluffy cupcakes on the counter near where she was working.
"Time to ice another batch of cupcakes!" she exclaims, mostly to herself. She's in the groove, now! She pours the cake batter she was whipping into two dark, round cake pans, she adjusts the temperature on the oven, and she pops the two cake pans in the oven. She sets the timer, then begins making some colorful icing for the cupcakes, which pleasantly await her on the kitchen counter where she left them.

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Ari tied the apron around her waist. The difference between her quite hippie ensemble and the pretty lacy apron was almost comical.Thank you! She smiled.
She turned gracefully on her heels and went about tending to the new customers.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={all this flirting people are going to think we're doing the romance thing. 3nodding }=-

Vyhnanstvi faced his station and looked through the stores. He selected focacia bread before moving up to the prep table, throwing two handfuls of pre-sliced potato wedges into the fryer. He sliced the bread horizontally just below the swell so the two halves were almost perfectly even. His hand floating over the topping bins he selected Roma tomatoes and spinach. A hand in the cooler underneath extracted two of the chicken breasts he'd grilled that morning. He sliced each the same way as the bread before cutting them into strips. The tomatoes he chunked and the spinach leaves he pulled into halves.

Van mixed the tomatoes and spinach together with some pesto sauce and a pinch of cilantro. He layered the chicken and a bit of the pesto mix on each of the bottoms before adding a slice of provolone cheese and topping them. The press chose that moment to ding that it was at temperature. A very light layer of butter later and the sandwiches were on the griddles, sizzling away as he squished them flat. There was just enough of overhang on the bread to prevent major spillage, but some of the pesto still eeked out each side.

A few short minutes later and Dax emerged from the kitchen bearing two plates laden with the sandwiches and garlic chips. "Lunchtime, boss lady." He said with a smirk.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

[ wink ]
              Behind the front counter, Sohalia was busy making herself and Dax something to drink. She had decided that today was a hot cocoa sort of day. She took the metal cup that was used to steam milk and carefully measured out enough milk to make two large mugs full of hot cocoa before setting it under the steamer wand and letting the machine do its work. While that was being made, she took two large mugs with saucers and measured out several heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder into the bottoms.

From a small fridge under the counter lining the wall, she pulled out a canister of whipped cream and set it aside, followed by a spoon from a random drawer. By now, the milk had been steamed, frothed, and was ready to mix. She was careful to pour it into the mugs without burning herself or spilling any. After the milk was poured it, she rinsed the metal cup out and set it back by the espresso machine.

Sohalia stepped back by the mugs, taking the spoon she had picked up earlier and stirring both to mix the powder and milk. There was a small bowl with a lid in front of her that she produced a few marshmallows from to set on the side of each saucer. She wasn't sure if Dax likes marshmallows in his or not, but the offer would surely be nice. Hot cocoa was probably her favorite hot drink. She sprayed whipped cream on the top of hers then some on top of Dax's, garnishing them both with mint leaves just as he stepped out with a sandwich for her.

"Oh Dax, that looks delicious!" It did indeed look delicious and she was starving by this time of the day. Carefully, she picked up both mugs then nodded toward a booth by one of the bay windows in the front and headed that way.

Shy Noob

[ OOC ]

AC; I apologize for posting in your thread but Gaia will not cooperate and send out my reply to you. Thanks again for cooperating, I appreciate it and will let her know tomorrow.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
3POINT141592653589793238
[ OOC ]

AC; I apologize for posting in your thread but Gaia will not cooperate and send out my reply to you. Thanks again for cooperating, I appreciate it and will let her know tomorrow.

[ No big deal. I'm happy to help. A few of us here know what its like to have a beginning role play and the frustrations of getting decent people to join. Let me know if we can help in any other way. smile ]

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
(( lurkin <_<.... >_> ))

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Ariannona carefully approached Orpheus as he looked busy. Can I get you anything, sir? She asked softly.

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
Orpheus looked up to see the younger waitress of the establishment next to the table. It was then he realized he velvet cake was reduced to mere crumbs and the latte nothing more than foam. "Hello there, I'd like a mug of plain black coffee and perhaps your name", he offered a small smile.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Vyhnanstvi carried the plates over to the indicated booth an set them down, reaching into the interior pocket of his coat to pull out a neatly-folded copy of the local paper. He slid into the booth and propped his arms up on the table, folding his hands between his face and his plate so as to temporarily block the temptation to dig in right away. The scent of the pesto and cilantro filled his nostrils with every breath.

"If you don't hurry up and get over here I might just eat yours too." Van joked, instead turning his head to observe the daily traffic outside. It wasn't the busiest street in the city but still saw it's fair share of foot traffic.

-={Just out of curiosity, Charming, would you be interested in some Non-Descript Character (NDC, similar to an NPC) action to spice up the story if things slow down?

@edit - half of my avatar right now is starter items. What's with all these high-style starter items? It's ridiculous!}=-

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
She smiled. I'm Ariannona, or Ari. I'll get that for you right now. She quickly went behind the counter and fetched the coffee.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Margaret feels the side of her pants vibrate a couple of times. She stops making the icing for her cupcakes for the time being and she walks to the restroom. When she walks into the ladies room, she walks into a stall and closes and locks the door. She reaches in her pocket and brings out her cell phone. She notices she received a text from someone labeled on her phone as "Grant." She opens the message to read it. "Find someone today. Reply to my message with his name. Or you won't live to see tomorrow," it read. She then noticed that she received a message containing a picture. She opens it, only to see a picture of her in the cafe.

"................................................"

She is instantly pounded with feelings of nervousness, anxiousness, and worry. She opens the stall's door, walks out of the restroom, and she just stands there, leaning against the wall. Her eyes appear glazed over, as if she's not even there. At this point, her thoughts are clear -- she's just standing there, almost as though she's paralyzed.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

[Sure, Kai. I don't mind.]
              Sohalia flicked her tongue out at Dax as he passed her up and mocked her, making a face in his direction. Smoothly, she moved around tables setting the drinks down on the table, one in front of Dax and the other in front of where she was going to sit. She stood up on her tip toes a bit, pushing the sheer white curtains away from the windows a bit so she could look out while enjoying her meal.
              "I wasn't sure if you liked hot cocoa or not, so if you don't, I'll make you something else.." Sohalia picked up the sandwich before her and took a bit, making a small noise in her throat in pleasure. It was delicious. Perhaps it would be best if she made Dax a full time employee at the sandwich station. As she chewed, from the corner of her eye she saw Margaret enter the restroom and moments later come back out. The girl seemed upset, in shock even, as she leaned against the wall. Sohalia swallowed then excused herself and stepped to Margaret.

"Margaret..what's the matter?" Sohalia bent a little to try and make eye contact as the girl was standing at a weird angle. The color from Margaret's face was gone, eyes glazed. What could have happened in the two minutes in the bathroom? Well, a few things that take two minutes in the bathroom. A disturbing phone call, a pregnancy test, other feminine things.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Margaret glances over at Sohalia, the color still somewhat absent from her face.

"...It's--.....It's nothing, really..."

She wouldn't even know where to begin, really. It would be a long story, one that she would be quite emotional with if she told anyone. And, not only that, but she's also ashamed of what she does. She, originally, thought her "job" was to seduce and rob. It wasn't until after she signed a contract that she knew the men she stole from were later killed. Whether her boss knows that she knows this or not, she doesn't know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff