Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={So, Gaia did it again. I personally prefer recent posts in descending order from oldest to newest, but I log in today and it's reversed. Again. And I can't find the option to change it.

Annoying. stressed

@edit - ... it's back to normal now that I've posted. question }=-

Vyhnanstvi stopped just short of the door and put the package down so he could reach the handle. The light dinging of the door announced his arrival, though his form was out of frame so he could lift the package back up while holding the door open with his foot.

"So! I'm back!" Van rose into frame with the package in his arms, grinning as his scabbard swayed with each step into the cafe. His hair presently long hair flowed behind him as he crossed the floor, navigating between the tables, to set the package on the counter. He turned and put his back to the edge, nodding to the regulars in turn.

"Orpheus, Ari." Dax said with a smile before whirling back around and placing his hands on top of the box. He looked Sohalia square in the eyes, his face momentarily serious. "Do you know what's in the box?"

Hilarious Gawker

5,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Ari grinned brightly when she saw the ear cuff and took out her locket buried amongst the mess of necklaces she wore and opened it to reveal a picture of her holding Peachy. My baby, Peachy.She turned to Dax. Hello!

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
Westlyn yawned sleepily as she came down from the upstairs apartment, ready for an exciting day at work. She had a new place to stay for a little while with some very kind and interesting people, and she didn't have to worry about being hunted. For a little while anyway. Taking a look around, she noticed that a few customers had come in and were needing assistance. "Good evening, Ma'am. how may I help you?"

Other people who looked like new employees seemed to be busy doing various things, so Westlyn decided to focus on serving customers and keeping the cafe swept clean. It had rained not too long ago, and dried mud was accumulating on the floor.

Profitable Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

Sohalia was a bit taken aback when she looked at the picture and realized it was a bear. To each their own, she supposed. Either way Sohalia was hiring her, although she may have to talk to her about the bear..
              "Well, I just wanted to let you know that I've decided to hire you. You'll be taking a waitress position. Westlyn will train you when she's available but for now just clear off tables and make sure the napkin dispensers, salts, and the like are stocked."
              After she said this, Dax waltzed through the door with a large box in his hands. Purple eyes followed him a moment, then Sohalia began to turn to watch him. She didn't remember ordering any new equipment so perhaps this was something else that Dax brought in. With both hands perched on her hips, she cocked out a hip, looking straight at Dax, equally serious.

"And how would I know what is inside the box, Dax? Its unmarked."

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"Well I'll have to show you." Vyhnanstvi broke back back into his grin and pulled a little knife out of one of the inner pockets of his coat. Flicking the blade open he scored through the tape and the shipping label, only to set it aside and rip the flaps open to reveal... peanuts. He dug his hands into the peanuts and lifted from the box...

"A sandwich press. The one thing your kitchen didn't have." Van said with a smile. He was already thinking of a panini he was about to grill up with this very little machine resting inert in his hands. He moved around the counter quickly and pushed through the door into the kitchen, looking for a good spot to place it.

-={le short post.}=-

Profitable Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Packing peanuts fell to the floor after Dax cut open the box. Sohalia arched an eyebrow slightly at the sudden mess of her floor, flicking her eyes up to Dax who was elbows deep into the box. Making more of a mess, he pulled out..a sandwich press. There was a loud slap as her hand hit the middle of her forehead.
              "That's because mine hasn't come in yet,"she said softly, hating to break the profound proud look Dax had on his face. Her hand slid down her face as he walked into the kitchen to find a place for it. Sohalia followed behind, hand on her chin still with the around wrapped around her midriff just under her breasts.

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
A bit absorbed into his work on the laptop, Orpheus didn't look up to see the food until his fingers dipped into the coffee accidentally. Surprise turned to gratitude quickly. "Oh, thank you Sohalia" Orpheus called back to her. In that moment he realized there were other people in the room as well, just as absorbed into their jobs as he was. When Van acknowledged him, he waved before sipping the latte. After a quick look around the room the teacher began to nibble on the red velvet as words on the bright screen grew into sentences and paragraphs.

((good morning guys mrgreen ))

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"That's because this -is- the one you ordered." Vyhnanstvi set the press down on the counter between the toaster oven and the prep table, wheeling around as soon as his hands were free to stick his tongue out in-time to his scabbard clunking against the cupboard.

"I saw the 'ready for pickup' slip in the mail yesterday and decided to go pick it up today." Van smiled in victory as he leaned against the counter, his hair shimmering a bit as he pulled it back slightly. The blonde tips darkened ever so slightly and he threw his hanging bangs over behind his shoulder. He turned back to the prep table and opened the lid.

"Any orders you couldn't fill while I was gone?"

-={i'm in a short post mood tonight.}=-

Profitable Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

From behind her, Sohalia heard Orpheus call his thanks to her. That made her smile slightly as she leaned against the frame of the door, watching Dax. She turned her head slightly to look over her shoulder.
              "You're welcome, Orpheus! Enjoy!"
              Sohalia stopped for a second as Dax spoke again. He had picked up the press for her? She was wondering what had happened to it since, obviously, the slip was due in yesterday but hadn't come to her knowledge. Fully turned she stared at him a moment then stepped up and placed a light kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you..for picking it up. And no, all orders are fine now. We're starting to slow down a bit.."

When he turned, Sohalia reached out and grab a strand of his long hair, giving it a slight playful tug. She had a mischievous grin on her face, waiting for him to turn around.

Hilarious Gawker

5,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Ari piled all the loose packing peanuts into the box and set it behind the counter. She checked and all of the table things were stocked and seeing that Westlyn was busy she went into the kitchen, knocking as she entered. Do I need to get an apron too?

Dangerous Flatterer

6,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
"Great, that's what I like to hear!" She smiles once more and heads back to the kitchen, this time not really paying attention to anything but making more yummy sweet treats. She's in a super-good mood today and has been for the past few days. She feels as though she fits in somewhere, and like she has a purpose somewhere. Working here is for her, not for anyone else. She just hopes as though she can make a contribution to this little shop of Sohalia's.

Not only does it keep her productive, but she has met some wonderful and fascinating people whilst she's been working here. She hasn't thought much of the negatives of her life, but...now that it crosses her mind..., she starts to worry about what her "boss" might think about her lack of work. She has fled in the past, so she doesn't exactly feel confident in the fact that he has no idea where she is, as he probably knows exactly where she lives as well as works. She then starts worrying about this nice little shop...He better not come here or even think about touching this cafe. Bad things will come if such ever occured...

[[ Edit: Am I the only one in the kitchen at this time? I'm pretty sure I am, so I was going to add something in, in response to Ari, but I wanted to make sure. smile

Edit x2: Ahh kk, didn't even think about them taking the new giftie in the box.

P.S. My avatar is dressed for the part. smile ]]

Hilarious Gawker

5,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
{Dax, Sohalia and Ari are in the kitchen. Ari just asked Sohalia about uniform}

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
Orpheus pinched the bridge of his nose in thought. The story on his laptop was lacking a sound rising action for the climax. It felt rushed, with gaping holes that prevented flow for the reader. Imagine, a writing teacher having this kind of issue. Nibbling more of the red velvet (which might become a favorite) Orpheus slouched back too look around the room. The strain of looking at a computer screen left his vision blurred and aching. For a moment he closed his eyes, fingers laced and resting behind his head. Perhaps inspiration will come after a moment of dark silence, then maybe he'll look for someone to proof read the damn thing.

(( got work, be back later ))

Profitable Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[Take care, Dorian. Thanks for coming back. <3 ]

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Vyhnanstvi grabbed an apron as he turned around, tossing it at Ari in such a way as to drape it across her shoulder. He leaned against the prep table and returned Sohalia's slightly lecherous smile with one of his own, offering her another lock of hair to tug.

"Now now, Sohalia. Food before flirting. What say I put the new sandwich press to the test and grill us up some lunch?" Van swung back around and plugged the new device in, glancing at the controls while his brain cobbled together a sandwich idea. He felt the tug of his scabbard smacking into probably Sohalia's calf and so he unclipped it and switched it to his shoulder so it wouldn't flail around so much anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games