Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

[Kai, I operate this specific role play in a simple walk-in format. However, those wishing to apply for jobs must provide a detailed profile at some point. I'm not completely holding true to the original, at the moment. But that may change later.]

"Sure, you can take the cot if that's what you wish. I'll meet you upstairs in a bit, dear." The bunny-girl moved off toward the stairs, all while brushing her lovely little ears. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Dax moved her bags behind the counter so they could close up shop, which involved a bit of cleaning at the end. The bags would be in the way until they were moved upstairs. In fact, she was about to turn back into the kitchen to head to the utility closet when she heard the door open again, this time Ari left and left something on the counter. As she was leaving, another girl entered.

"Hello there. We were actually just about to close up shop, but if you need something I can get it for you real quick," she said with a smile. The girl seemed a mite bit fidgety but was trying to hide it from them. Sohalia didn't draw attention to it as she moved up beside Dax, slipping an arm around his watching the girl. Purple eyes flicked over the woman as Sohalia studied her appearance. Straightening up, Sohalia leaned her head against Dax's shoulder, waiting patiently.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
[[ I updated (fixed, rather) my character's profile in my journal (provided a link that is on the previous page), I'm hoping that it's a better representation of my character. smile ]]

She gets a paranoid feeling when she feels eyes peering at her. Granted, it's clear as to why considering her history, but she hates this nervous feeling she always gets when she goes out in public. While it has helped her develop a pretty stable backbone, it still gets to her sometimes.

"Oh, that's fine. I tend to lose track of time nowadays. I really don't want to intrude or hold any of you up. Though, I was quite interested in obtaining an employment application for a chef position if possible and if one is available, but I can always return tomorrow if it is preferred. I recently moved here so I was looking to get a job. I'm quite handy in the kitchen, so I was hoping that I could lend a hand somewhere in this pleasant, populated town."

She flashes a slight smile after her short job-hunting inquiry. She seems rather tired, actually. Perhaps moving so often has left her exhausted. But, the fact that there seems to be a healthy number of prospering businesses with men in high positions (hence the word "populated" towards the end of her statement) has and still does continue to fuel her to keep going, despite her ever-so-apparent exhaustion.

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
((If it's my turn, I'd rather wait til tomorrow b/c I'm about to go to bed. I just wanted to drop by and see what was new.))

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={Do I really need to apply for 'sandwich artist'? I think my post about that club sandwich can count as my application.

Also, Fushigi, I try to include all active characters in an interaction in my posts. Makes large-population interactions difficult, but those usually break down into multiple smaller interactions.

Also, I would like to point out that we've been in the same day-ish for nearly a week.}=-

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
[[ Okay? Lol. My latest post was a general one directed towards everyone. ]]

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The slight change in the woman's body language suggested that she was uncomfortable in the current situation. Stepping away from Dax, Sohalia pressed her hand against his back, applying a slight pressure to it.
              "Dax, could you go on and flip the sign to 'closed'? I don't want anyone else wandering in tonight as I'd like to fully close when this young lady here leaves."
              Her head tilted up and she smiled to him for a moment before stepping around the counter to lean back against it. Just looking at the woman let Sohalia know she was tired, not just physically but mentally. The entire room was empty, as everyone had cleared out including the rock giant who had fallen asleep, the teacher, and the blind girl. When they left, she had no idea.

Her fingers drummed the table slightly as she thought for a moment, then leaned way back and fingered out an application. The counter wasn't too wide, but she could've turned around. In fact, she had to so she could get the quill and ink well. The quill and inkwell in her pocket had no ink, so she'd have to get another. She held the items with the index card application out to the girl.

"Here. I've got several positions open right now, including a pastry chef, if you're so inclined with that kind of cooking. I've been doing nearly everything myself lately and could use some good help." Her eyes sparkled from the gentle smile that was on her face, looked like deep pools of dark purple water. This place was her home, she would protect it. When she decorated the place, she meant it as a place for relaxation and calming. Sohalia hoped it would bring peace to troubled people, as well as for people to relax, and this woman in front of her was obviously one of them.

"Can I get you anything to eat or drink while you're here?"

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Vyhnanstvi stepped right quick to the door and flipped the sign. "I just pulled a batch of chips, if you're interested. Red-skinned potatoes with some garlic." He pulled his sword belt off his shoulder and slipped it back around his waist, cinching it tight. His boots thumped softly back across the floor of the restaurant to recover his messenger bag.

"I'm going to go get my stuff from the lockup. I'll be back in about an hour, So." Van pushed the door open and took a quick glance back over his shoulder before plunging into the night. He was definitely sticking around for awhile.

-={Exit stage left. Dax will return! Skip to tomorrow if necessary.}=-

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Margaret smiles when Sohalia offers her a bite to eat and a beverage. "No thank you, I'm really more tired than anything. I walked from a few towns over." She gently and carefully takes the items and application that Sohalia was handing to her. "Thank you, I'll fill it out swiftly." She sits down and begins filling out the application, as she certainly doesn't want to keep them from their evening.

She likes Sohalia. She is kind, which is something she doesn't encounter much in her line of work. Well, except from the men she woes. Ever since Simone died she's been incredibly lonely. She feels a comfort in this place...a peace. It makes her wish that her life were this way. In a way, she's hoping that being and working in this place accomplishes just that.

"I used to make sweet treats for my family as I grew up, and I would love to lend a hand. You must have your hands pretty full." She looks around a bit. "This is quite a place here, it looks so nice and inviting," she says with a smile before she finishes up her application. When she completes it, she stands up and walks to Sohalia. It is apparent that she feels more comfortable in her surroundings. She holds out the quill, inkwell, and her completed application to Sohalia, while glancing up at her and smiling. "Here you go. Might you need anything else? If not, I will leave for the night and return tomorrow, if you like."

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia raised a hand in farewell to Dax as he left, more than eagerly awaiting for his return. She enjoyed his company probably more than she was supposed to, but oh well.
              "Alright then. I'll just starting cleaning while you fill that out."
              Once again, Sohalia stepped behind the counter and began to clear off the counters. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched the girl fill out the application, relaxing as she sat down. The weariness about her seemed to slip off a bit. Perhaps she could find solace here. Sohalia dumped old coffee grounds and rinsed out the catches then wiped down the counters before she stepped up again.

"Well, then it looks like you'll fit in here,"she said as the girl set down the application. Sohalia glanced at it only briefly before motioning towards the kitchen.

"In the way back, there is a closet that is pretty obvious once you walk in. Get the mop and rolling bucket and you can help me close up shop. Or you can leave, it doesn't matter to me. And it won't affect your opportunity to get hired." Sohalia added the last bit with a laugh as she went back to scrubbing the counters clean.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
"I really hope I fit in here. I've moved quite a lot within the past few years...I would love to find a place I could call home," she stated with a hopeful tone. Hopeful...What a nice feeling to have. This is probably the most comfortable she's been in quite some time. She loves this feeling. She loves feeling as though she fits in somewhere, and that she's not alone. She's never really been alone, per say, but she has been feeling awfully lonely lately, despite the fact that she's had abundant company. Now, though, she doesn't feel lonely.

Margaret giggles after Sohalia's last statement, "I would be more than happy to help. I'll be right back," she said after she gives Sohalia a slight wink. She walks to the very back of the cafe to fetch the mop and rolling bucket that Sohalia was referring to. While she's back there, she glances around, wondering what it would be like to have actually accomplished something, similar to Sohalia and her peaceful, welcoming cafe. After a few minutes of admiration, she begins heading back to the main part of the cafe. Once there, she readies the mop and begins to, well, mop.

While Margaret assists Sohalia with cleaning up for the night, she glances outside every once in a while into the dark evening, and she lets out a small sigh of relief after a while. Perhaps she has finally found a place she feels as though she can survive. Maybe she's just glad she has lived another day. Or maybe she's finally come to the conclusion that she'd rather be happy and in poverty as opposed to a wealthy criminal. Quite possibly, though, each of those thoughts is running through her mind. She is deep in thought as she mops, thinking about those very things.

She shakes her head gently as to snap out of her deep thoughts, and she glances towards Sohalia while continuing to mop. This floor will be absolutely spotless! "So how long have you had this wonderful place? Also, I don't think I actually introduced myself after basically barging in -- My name is Margaret." She smiles once more, so happy that she found this place.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

(Okay, we've been stuck on the same day for nearly a week. I'm going to time skip one week. As thread owner, I make it so!)

Sohalia nodded her thanks to Margaret spoke to her. She worked silently for a few moments, listening to the girl speak to her. The day had been long and she was grateful to finally be able to clean up and close. Her bed was most definitely calling to her by now. Westlyn had already gone up with her things. The place was quiet, save the sounds of the mop and Sohalia taking dishes to the back. When she came back out she smiled to Margaret.

"Nice to meet you, Margaret. I'm Sohalia. I've owned the building specifically for about two months but the shop has only been opened for a week. Let's get this place closed up so we can get some sleep tonight, aye?" A tinkering laugh sounded from Sohalia as she turned to head back into the kitchen to wash the dishes.

[==Time Skip...One week later==]

Sohalia was standing behind the counter, ringing up orders. Just a few days ago she had hired Margaret to help her out and had also decided she would hire Ari, but had not seen the girl in a few days to let her know. However, Sohalia had picked up the note and the earcuff the girl had made for her. It was silver with green gems and she wore it in her left ear. Today she had put her back back in a tight braid with a tip that touched just below the middle of her back with her bangs side swept from her face.. Her hair had been growing like crazy lately.

"Thank you, have a nice day!" The customer thanked Sohalia again and left with a small bag that held a pastry and a to-go coffee. Margaret had been keeping up well with the pastries so Sohalia was no longer in the kitchen so often. She had also been helping out with the sandwich station when Dax disappeared and coffee with Sohalia was swamped. It was nice to not only have help, but have another person to have a conversation with after the customers left.

Friendly Regular

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Margaret has been busy, busy, busy back in the kitchen, but she loves the fact that she has found something that is keeping her busy and productive. Not only does it allow her to be around people that positively influence her, but it also allows her to forget about the negative aspects of her life. She should really be working on her main job, but she's still torn up about her feelings towards her previous..."subject." After she pops a couple of cakes in the oven and puts thirty minutes on the timer, she decides to head to the front of the cafe to check on Sohalia.

She pops her head around the corner and peeks at Sohalia.
"How is it coming up here? I just put a couple of cakes in the oven, they'll be done later." She smiles, then flashes a quick wink.

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
Orpheus Noir slipped in, smiled at the woman behind the counter, then took a seat near the window again. It had been over a week since his last visit at this particular cafe. Perhaps if future events permit he'll be coming back here at least once a week. A clean place, exquisite food and social yet non-meddling people is the perfect getaway from the "excitement" of being a high school teacher. Like before Orpheus opened up his suitcase to begin work. This time however, he brought out a laptop as well.

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Ari entered and walked to the counter. She looked a bit bedraggled.
I meant to come back sooner. My baby was sick.
{She is talking about her bearr, but no one in character would know that, lol}

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

[Sorry about poofing last night. I had a bad day and needed the sleep more than the posts. lol ]
              Sohalia waved as Orpheus returned today. She was glad familiar faces were returning to her humble little shop. A sound from behind her made her to turn to see Margaret peeking out into the shop from the kitchen. Thanks to her, the shop was constantly getting fresh cakes and whatnot. This also meant they were able to fill larger, custom orders which meant more business. And business was booming!
              "Everything is going great out here! And man, I am loving your sweets. So are the customers!"
              With a slight nod and return of the wink, Sohalia moved to the barista station to prepare the same latte as before for Orpheus but instead of strawberry cheesecake she delivered him a red velvet cupcake with her homemade cream cheese icing.

"Welcome back, Orpheus! I'm happy you decided to frequent my little shop." A smile appeared on her face as she set the plate and mug in front of him, careful not to spill anything on his papers or laptop. The last thing she would need is to have to replace an expensive electronic or destroy his student's work.

The door opened yet again as Sohalia was standing at this particular table. This time young Ari walked in. Sohalia raised a hand in greeting to her, trying to catch her attention.

"Good morning, Ari! I have some good news for you! Also..I didn't know you had a child." Once she had Ari's attention, she turned her head slightly so the girl would be able to see the piece of jewelry that Sohalia had found on the counter for her and hoped it would brighten her day along with the good news of finding a job.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff