Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Tala
User Image
User Image
Bartamus took Tala to one of the cabins, setting him down on the bed before sitting down on a chair beside him.

His eyes scanned the boy's face, it was only now that he started to see more similarities between Tala and his mother.

"It's been too many years, but I see now you're almost the spitting image of her..." he muttered, drawing his mind back to when he first found Tala's mother and invited her into his crew. "...You've the same defiance and stubbornness as I remember too..." he lifted his head as one of the crew knocked on the door,

"A few of the beggars have said there were some shifty looking guys around the marketplace, one saw someone grab a young girl whilst another claims he saw our gunman..."

"Thank you." Bartamus breathed a sigh and pushed himself to his feet, "We'll probably have to leave the dock, send out one of the tracking crews to look for the girl, I've got something I need to do."

The man nodded, stepping back into the corridor as Bartamus left the room, closing the door behind him.

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jack

After being chased away Bartamus's crews, Jack went to find Ed's hideout place. Only to find it empty. When he almost lost his hope, he saw one of Ed's trustful man. Jack followed him until they reach a place. After a couple of hours, there were three people coming out from the house. One of them was a young girl but she isn't Myra.

He saw the girl tried to run away but was stopped by a man and pushed into the carriage. When the carriage passed Jack, he took a closer look at the carriage. Now he knows for sure that the girl isn't Myra. One of the man in the carriage smirked at him. Probably Myra is still in that house. He thought to himself and went inside the abandoned house.

He found Myra's clothing when he saw her at the market earlier and also Dan's clothes. There were also clothes that he suspected belong to Ed since it reeked with the smell of tobacco and rum. He took Myra's clothes and went back to Bartamus's ship. They should listen to him now.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image
Bartamus had returned to his own cabin and was flicking through an old diary. Turning the pages he recalled how he'd taken the girl in after finding her, then raising her to be one of his best crew members...

"Strange how we should meet like that...where your mother is now however is beyond me..." he spoke as though speaking to him, but knowing he was still in his room.

He paused in his readings as someone knocked upon his door. It was the guard again.

"Sir, there's a young man outside claiming he has a lead on the girl who disappeared earlier... he wants to see you."

Bartamus frowned at the intrusion, but replaced the book where it would be safe before following the guard from his room.

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Jack

"Now you have to believe me. This is Myra clothes when I saw her being taken in the marketplace." Jack said to Bartamus. "Will you go there to find a clue or something and save her? I need to know whether you are going to do something so I won't waste my time here." He was tired of explaining on how he came upon Myra's clothes.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image
"I've already sent some of my crew out to search for her," Bartamus sighed, "There is very little I can do as her location is limited...especially now she's not wearing these." He motioned to her clothes.

He'd always had a way of tracking his new recruit's whereabouts, often by hiding tracker gems in the clothing items he lent them, but this time Myra's captors must have thought ahead, or just have been lucky...

"My tracking team should call in shortly," he turned from Jack to look to the window, "If there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime, don't hesitate to let me know."

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Jack

"Just find her... I know how cruel Ed can be with his new recruits. Especially those who defy him. He already beaten Myra a few times, I am afraid that she might be in danger since that wolf kid injured his face." Jack rose from his seat and went to the door. "Myra is a nice kid. She was taken from her home at Eskadi. She didn't come here willingly. Please save her."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image
"I'll do what I can." Bartamus nodded. He'd seen first hand the injuries caused by both parties and didn't want the girl to be subjected to that again if he could help it...

"She's from Eskadi...?" he looked slightly confused, "I thought that town was merely for humanoids, but it doesn't matter. I'll keep you informed of what we find."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala
User Image
User Image
Lenn had preferred that Tala remain in the infirmary, but as the Captain himself had moved the boy he had been left little choice but to let it pass.

Opening the door, Lenn entered the room, his intention to check the boy whilst he was unconscious and run a few more tests whilst he had the chance.

He hadn't expected Tala to have woken up already however and was confused to find the bed empty. Setting his bag on the side he turned to glance around the room, drawing a sharp breath before taking a step backwards as Tala lunged at him, knocking him back towards the bed before making a break for the door.

"Wait!" Getting to his feet Lenn rushed to stop him, but Tala had already slammed the door shut and darted up the corridor...

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Jack

"Full of humanoids? Myra didn't tell me about that... It would explained about a friend there she missed is a lizard guy named Okar or something like that.." Jack played with a steel ball that he picked from the table near the door. He circled it around in his hand while thinking about something before he stopped and looked back at Captain Bartamus.

"Is it possible for a person to change his or her appearance in just.. let's say mere hours?" Jack kept remembering the guy smirking at him while the carriage went past him. It was as if Jack had met the guy before.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image
"Well, I can't say I know anyone from there, but there are special gemstones that can change appearances in a matter of seconds." Bartamus gave him a curious look, wondering what would have him ask such a question...

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala
User Image
User ImageLenn couldn't understand how the boy had awoken so quickly but then put his swift recovery down to his species... Flagging down a few of the crew he instructed them to attempt to round up the boy, he was still intrigued by Tala's healing ability and wanted to see if there was anything else he could discover about him...

Tala of course had other plans and had already found his way to the top deck, climbing up onto the edge in preparation to jump off and take cover in the marketplace; he was more than a little surprised to discover they were in the air...

"Yikes..." he hesitated realising the drop he grabbed hold of the railing and flopped backwards so he sat on a pile of crates...

"Been in the air for about an hour now kid." One of the crew, unaware Tala was to be captured gave a chuckle at the boy's reaction,

"How...? Why?" his mother had only told him briefly about the airships and because he'd grown up in the parallel universe, he'd never had the chance to see one for himself...and he wasn't sure he liked it very much...

"Steam mostly, the engine powers the propellers and a couple of good gemstones gives us the power to get up into the air. Good on the water too..."

"...You've gotta let me off this thing..." Tala frowned,

"We've got some supplies to deliver and some trackers to pick up," the man rolled his eyes, "We won't be landing for a while..."

It was then that one of the crew that had been drafted in to capture the boy reached the deck, scanning the area before advancing with a few men behind him...

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Jack

"It just a hunch... I have to do some digging to be sure..It was nice to meet you, the Legendary Captain Bartamust." Jack said he waved goodbye. He met Tala being dragged by a couple of crews on the way up to deck. "Hey wolf boy, how good is your nose?"

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala
User Image
User Image
"If it gets me off this vessel and away from these goons its as good as it comes." Tala gave a growl and took on his wolf form, the men hadn't been expecting that and recoiled away from him, giving Tala enough of a chance to slip out of reach behind Jack.

"You're going to look for Myra, right...?" he looked up at him before letting out a warning growl as the men made a hesitant advance towards them...

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Jack

"Yeah I am. I think they have changed their faces but I doubt they can changed their body scent. I know where to start but we have to hurry to the mansion. They are going for the golden egg." Jack replied. "Can't you reason with your fellow crew mates?" He asked when Bartamus's crew advancing towards them.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala

User ImageUser Image
"Doubt it..." Tala caught a glimpse of Lenn as he appeared on deck, "That guy is pretty determined to catch me..." he hopped up onto some nearby crates and looked down at the water below them... "Do you think we'd survive if we jumped from this height...?"

"What are you doing?" Lenn's eyes widened as he saw Tala jump up onto the crates, "Hitting the water from this height would shatter every bone in your body and you'd drown." The men pursuing the boy stepped back to let him through, "Come back to the infirmary with me and we'll talk this over..." He tried to look convincing but realised Tala wasn't going to cooperate as his ears flicked back and his lips curled away from his fangs...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff