Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Tala & Bartamus
User ImageUser Image
The pair rose to their feet as a well-dressed individual crossed the marketplace towards them...

Each greeted him with a bow, then showed him through their items before directing him towards the cage.

"Thought you might be interested in this..." the first pulled off the sheet they'd decided to cover it with, revealing the wolf.

"It's just a stray, but we figured with your interest in the obscure, this creature would at least be worth a glance...?"

Tala lifted his head, narrowing his eyes at his captors before turning his attention to the man...

"If it's a stray, then you won't mind if I take it off your hands for a few coins..." Bartamus mused, "It's probably only good as a pit-dog anyway."

The pair looked at one another, then at Tala, then back at Bartamus,

"Fifty gold."

"Ten." Bartamus had always been good at haggling and as they'd already set the bar low, he would play with their offer.

"Forty-five."

"Fifteen." the man smirked, glancing back at Tala, "Think of it as a kennel charge, besides, seeing how thin it is, I doubt you've fed it."

The pair muttered to one another again, "Twenty-five."

"Twenty and I won't pass on to the others that you're selling wild animals to the public..."

"Fine..."

Tala watched as the men shook hands, then stood, growling as Bartamus approached the cage.

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Myra

Myra followed Bartamus until he reach the two guys. She saw the dog that the guys are referring to. It looked familiar to her so she went for a closer look. Can it be? Is that Tala? She thought to herself. "Tala?" She said quietly. Hoping that the wolf would hear her and looked at her way. She needs to be sure.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala & Bartamus
User ImageUser Image
Tala's ears twitched as he heard his name and he turned his head towards the voice, tilting his head at the stranger...he didn't have time to work out who they were as the pair suddenly lifted up the cage and set it on a small trailer which they set off with towards Bartamus's airship... The man lead the way of course, glancing across at Myra as they set off.

Tala caught the girl's scent as they passed by, recognising it immediately and rising to his feet, but resisting calling out after her as it would attract unwanted attention...

The pair pushed the trailer into the airship, setting it towards the back of the storage level before taking their leave. Bartamus followed them out, keeping a close eye on them as they left...

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Myra

The wolf didn't answer her but Myra's gut told her that wolf is indeed Tala. She followed the three man until they went aboard the airship. She wanted to go but Ed took her away. She was totally surprised when Ed suddenly showed up and standing in front of her.

It turn out, he was there to spy on Bartamus like he was ordered by their leader. He already noticed Myra following Bartamus but he didn't want to alarm Bartamus of his presence so he waited until Bartamus is no longer on sight before he took action with Myra. He can't let Bartamus have Myra since the girl can be very valuable in near future.

Myra did struggle but Ed grabbed her forcefully and threatened her with a knife. She quietened down and took the last look at the airship. It would be probably the last time that she will ever see Tala.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala & Bartamus
User ImageUser Image
Tala had almost taken to chewing the bars again when the man returned... He sat up, his ears twisted forwards.

"Pit-dog indeed..." Bartamus rolled his eyes, closing the door, "Let's see what you've got."

Tala rose to his feet and took a step back, his ears flat against his skull and eyes transfixed upon the man as he approached the cage...

Bartamus flicked the lock open and Tala wasted no time in lunging forward, slamming the cage door open as he leapt up for the man's throat.

A single swift movement sent him across the room and he landed in a pile of boxes, losing control of his ability and returning to his human form...

"Seems I got a little more for my money..." Bartamus chuckled, crossing the room before lifting Tala up by the collar of his shirt. "State your species boy, and I might let you live..."

Tala gave a growl and took a swipe at the man but had his wrist grabbed twisted around behind him before he was forced to his knees...

"Species boy...I don't have all day...Shapeshifter? Werewolf? Skinwalker?" He drew a small dagger and held it against the boy's throat...

"Lycannian." Tala winced, then fell forward, stopping himself from falling completely with his hands as the man let go.

"Interesting...I thought they were extinct." he sheathed the dagger and turned away... Tala listened as the man started to pace behind him, turning round t face him as he came to a standstill.

"They are." Tala growled, "I'm the last."

"Now you see, that's where it gets a little confusing for me..." Bartamus turned back to face him, "I personally know the last of that particular species and you are not her, so unless you have a very good story then you are lying to me and I don't like liars..."

"Mother always said you were obstinate." Tala gave himself enough distance and rose to his feet, earning an even more curious look from the man...

"...Mother?"

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Myra

Myra was stunned when she was told by Ed about the identity of the man she followed. He was the famous pirate named Bartamus. Ed did questioned her about the jewelery box that she gave back to Bartamus. He didn't believe that she didn't take a look what's in the box and not steal it.

Myra knew that Ed was only using that reason to hit her. He still hasn't forgiven her for what she did to him last time. When he was satisfied, he left her in his room. Myra stood up slowly. It was painful to stand up but she knew that she has to go away before he came back.

Myra quickly gathered her stuffs on the floor into her bag and walked out from Ed's hideout. it was bad enough that her place was kinda far from Ed's hideout but now it is raining. She finally reached her place even thought it has taken her some time. She glanced at the empty bowls that once filled with food that she gave to Dan. It was empty. Myra smiled before finally collapsed to the floor.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala & Bartamus
User ImageUser Image
"I'm not your pet." Tala growled, tugging at the collar Bartamus had insisted he wore...

"No, but I bought you," Tala had told Bartamus his brief history and the man had decided that seeing his mother had originally worked for him, that he'd take him on as a cabin boy... "That collar shows you're mine and nobody will question that."

Tala breathed a sigh, at least it wasn't pink... the new clothes felt weird too, but Bartamus had insisted on it.

"I have to go see someone about a box..." the man lead him from the room, leaving him on the deck as he approached the dockside, "You have free run of the airship, except for my quarters of course, which are locked." he turned round to face him, "If you leave the vessel, I expect you back before it starts getting dark, otherwise I'll send my crew out to get you..."

Tala didn't like the sound of that... He lent against the side, watching as the man disappeared into the crowds again...

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Myra

Myra woke up and found herself on a bed and her clothes were changed. She tried to move but the pain made her collapsed back onto the bed.

"Don't move." Dan suddenly spoke. He kinda startled Myra as he is the type that blend well in the background and moved like a cat. "I didn't know that you are a girl."

"I thought a killer has sharp eyes... how this little detail escaped you." Myra frowned.

"When I killed, I don't care if the target is a woman or a man. As long I got my job right." Dan pushed a bowl of food to Myra. "Eat and rest. I will tell Sogen that you are not up for today lesson."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala
User Image
Deciding to at least get a feel for the place Tala went for a wander around the vessel...

He hadn't gone far when he was approached by one of the crew, the man was huge and towered above him...

"You're the fresh meat huh?" the man had only one visible eye, the other was covered with a patch.... "Kitchen duty. Come on." he caught Tala by the shoulder and 'frog-marched' him down the corridor towards the kitchen...

"Bartamus said I had free run of the place." Tala frowned, turning back round as the man let go.

"You also have to work." the man grunted, pushing him through the door before closing it behind him...

The cook regarded him with a scowl before returning to his work. "Spuds are in the corner."

Tala crossed the kitchen area silently, watching the man as he passed by before picking up the knife and starting his allocated job...

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Myra

"Get up and changed into this." Ed threw a dress to Myra. There were a couple more man beside him. "You are going to work as a maid in a big mansion. They are taking new temporary maids for the big event that are going to happen next week. I need you to spy on them."

Myra glared at him for waking her up rudely. "I decline. What are you going to do? Hit me again?" She put out her tongue and threw the dress directly on Ed's face.

"I was hoping that you would say that." Ed smirked as he triggered a switch in his pocket.

Myra suddenly felt a bolt from her back and screamed.

"So what is your answer?" Ed chuckled.

Myra gritted her teeth and took the dress.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala
User Image
His mother had often used the peeling of potatoes as a punishment for when he and his siblings had been bad, so he knew what to do and did it quickly.

The task done, he turned to watch the cook as he worked on the crew's dinner...

"I have to laugh that you think that is all done." the man looked up from his work, "You need to chop them smaller, nobody likes large chunks in their stew."

Tala looked back to the pile of potatoes, he'd always been taught to half or quarter them compared to their size, so being asked to cut them smaller was a pain... he let out a growl, but turned back to continue his task...

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Myra

Myra was brought into a big mansion by a guy who also worked there. He was paid by Ed to introduced her as his cousin that he brought from his village. She was ordered to work straight away to clean the dust and mopped the floor. She moved a vase to clean it up but accidentally stepped on a toy and slipped. The vase broken into pieces. A few people rushed in the room to see what has happened.

"Oh my god... That is very expensive vase..."
One of the maids spoke.

Myra gasped and thought she was going to get fire on her first day there. She dreaded on what Ed will do to her. Ed will be furious with her for sure now. The leader of the maids is yelling at her for not doing her job properly but Myra just spaced out.

"I did it. I used my slingshot to break the vase." Said a boy that looked a bit older than Myra. She wondered why this boy is protecting her. The room went silent when he revealed himself from under the table. He looked a bit pale though.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala
User Image
User Image
Finishing his task swiftly...once again, Tala decided he'd take the option to slip out before the cook could give him another task...

Crouching down as though he'd dropped something, he took on his wolf form and padded towards the open door.

Unfortunately for him the tag upon his newly adorned collar jingled as he padded across the room...this alerted the cook who turned with narrowed eyes and grabbed a knife, believing a stray had found its way into his kitchen... The man gave a shout and leapt over the counter towards him... Tala let out a startled yelp and scrabbled towards the door, sliding around the corner before bolting up the corridor...

The man was swift and almost caught up to him, but Tala leapt up onto the side of the airship and jumped. Luckily for him is was moored close to the dock and he landed upon a pile of crates before jumping down onto the dock and continuing his escape... The cook gave a snarl and kicked something on deck before returning back to the kitchen...

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Myra

Myra was being exempt by the head butler from all other works. It seem like young master Terri had persuaded his dad to let her serve him instead. She thought it would be easy but Terri can be such demanding and spoil brat when his request was deny. He smashed a lot of stuffs when he's angry and she will be the one that have to answer to the matron.

One day, Terri asked Myra to bring him out to see the market. When Myra said no, he threatened her. She didn't expect that the young master Terri would want to use the expensive vase incident to blackmail her when he told her that she must take him out to see what's outside the mansion. He was never allowed to go out from his house since he has sick body.

Myra finally agreed and went to the marketplace with him. They sneaked into a wagon that brought fresh vegetables to the big mansion. She started to worry if she is doing the right thing.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
Tala
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
The crowds had scattered as Tala had charged between them and it wasn't long before one of the townsfolk had alerted the guard who set out to capture him...

Finding somewhere to hide he returned to his human form, watching as the guards charged by before breaking cover.

Jogging across the marketplace Tala was forced to slow his pace as the crowds thickened. There were a lot of people so he didn't waste any time in pushing through them to the other side...

Once free of the crowd he turned back to gauge his position, snapping round as a hand clasped his shoulder.

"Easy kid." Bartamus frowned, "If you really are Tala's Son, you'll do the the favour of acquiring an item for me." he held up a drawing of the item, shooting the boy a smile.

"You want me to steal...?" Tala looked surprised,

"Well..." Bartamus rolled up the picture, "I can't be seen to be doing it myself...and of course I want proof of who you really are...she must have taught you her skills..."

Tala frowned, taking the picture before stuffing it into the pouch on his belt, "Fine. Where is it?"

Bartamus gave him the directions and then turned away, "I don't expect you back before sunset, but our agreement still stands."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff