• Dressed Up 200
[*is home from being out of town*]

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
It had been a few months since Ri had up and vanished from the Fangs and Fur, and she had no good explanation for why that was. Granted, she had been trying to take care of some business involving her family, but that had simply blown up in her face. She had the fading black eye and busted lip to prove it. Just thinking about it had her sighing, knowing that she could have handled things differently but hadn't. Served her right for trying to speak logic to the one child that was just as stubborn as his father, and twice as stubborn as she was.

Shaking her head at her thoughts, she pulled open the door to the bar and slipped inside. What she found had her eyes widening a bit in surprise. The place was deathly silent, as if no one resided within it's walls any longer. Not sure what to do, Ristar crossed the room to the bar and settled down. She found no trace of dust or mildew, so there had to be someone around that was cleaning. Figuring it best to just serve herself and not bother whomever still was within the F&F, she snapped her fingers and conjured up herself a glass of wine. While she sipped from it, she allowed her wandering mind to entertain her.

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Morgan and Alex walked into the inn not long after Ristar, talking back and forth. Morgan had been staying in the city with his wife and mother-in-law so that he could spend more time with his family. As much as he didn't like being around his mother-in-law for such an extended period, or being away from his home at the inn, he liked even less never getting to see his baby and her mother so he put up with it and was as polite as he could manage to the woman. The boys noticed Ristar sitting at the bar and frowned, seeing the state she was in. Morgan put a hand on Alex's shoulder to silently signal him to go make sure she was alright before heading up to his room to give them some space.

Alex had become used to Ristar disappearing for periods of time, but he always hoped she would return. Though he was glad to see her again, she seemed pretty beat up and that worried him. "Hey there beautiful" He said as he sat down next to her "What happened?"

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
The sound of familiar voices reassured Ri and had her relaxing even more as she sipped from her wine. If the twins were back and bickering as usual, then all was right in the world. Amused by her thoughts, she kept her eyes on her wine and waited for one of them to notice her. She knew it wouldn't take long, and wasn't surprised in the least when Alex joined her at the bar. Expecting his question, she simply shrugged a shoulder nonchalantly. It wasn't the first time he had seen her all banged up, and she knew it wouldn't be the last.

"Got myself into a bit of a tussle with the woman who wants to marry one of my sons. Earned myself a shunning from him, of course, but that will pass before too long." She replied, smiling a bit at him. The expression hurt to keep up for long, so she looked away and toyed absently with her wineglass.

"Where have you two been? This place is like a ghost town now." Ristar stated, moving her starry eyes around the room once more. It was still so odd to her to see the bar so empty.

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Alex frowned more when she told him what had happened "Well I'm sorry to hear that..." He said. Though he was surprised that she was old enough to have a child of marrying age, that wasn't what mattered. Being shunned by your own offspring had to be hard.

"Morgan's sort of living in town now because that's where his wife spends most of her time, and I needed to go get away from all the quiet, so I met him for drinks for a little while" Alex explained to her when she asked where the twins had been. The inn was going through one of its slow periods, and he didn't like being around when it was so quiet all the time.

[Sorry Ri, it's bedtime after the next post]

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
"No need to be sorry, honey. It was bound to happen with one of them, I just figured it would have been Liam or Aurora and not Torden. But, I suppose that is my fault for having six children that are all just as stubborn, or more, than I am." Ristar replied, waving aside his apology. It was then that she realized she had never told him of her family, or the torrid past she kept locked away. There was only one man that knew the whole truth, and Wolf had given up on her. Thinking about it threatened to ruin her mood, so she brushed it aside and focused on the rest of his words.

"Ah, I see. Well, I believe I owe you an apology then. If I had known I was going to be gone this long, I would have just asked you to come with me." She admitted, only to chuckle softly at the thought. "Then again, it is probably better that you stayed behind. My children have never been kind to those I am....let's say, intimate, with. Especially not Torden." Ri added as memories flooded back to her. Her middle child had always been the one with the worst temper, which was karma's way of paying her back for all the things she had done in her life. Not that she regretted having her children, not in the least. She loved each of them for who they were, no matter what they thought of her and those she shared a bed with.

"So, how long has it been like this?" She asked, changing the subject off of her and onto the tavern with a simple wave of her hand. There was still so much about her he didn't know, and the last thing she wanted to do tonight was go and dig all of that up.
((No worries))

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Alex nodded a bit. He didn't have much experience with children, just his son that was still very young when he and his wife left, though he would probably be over six years old now. "Don't worry about it, I'm just glad you're mostly okay" Alex said to her when she apologized. He understood that she needed to go alone to deal with her family issue, and he would have hated to make things worse. "As for the slow patch... it's been like this a couple weeks I believe, but it happens. The inn will be up and running again, busy as ever in no time."

[sorry, I'm having trouble sitting still, which means it's bed time. Nighty]

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
The few words she got from him had her tilting her head to the side a bit in study. She was tempted to poke around in his head a bit, but resisted. If he wanted to keep things to himself, it was his right. After all, there were more than a few things within her mind that she knew she would never be able to share with him. Ri actually cared about him, and the last thing she wanted to do was spook him. Or downright scare him away from her.

"I'll be fine. This will heal up before the nights over." She replied, waving a hand in front of her face to indicate the black eye and busted lip. It wasn't the worst thing that had happened to her, especially not when it came to her children. Shaking her head at her thoughts, Ristar sipped from her wine and listened to the rest of his words.

"I sure hope it gets busy again. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the quiet at times. But this place needs the energy and life of others." She said with a smile, wincing a bit at the pain the expression once more caused in her ivory features.

McChelly's Husbando

Dapper Werewolf

9,725 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"I sure hope so. I hate seeing you like this" Alex said when Ristar told him that she would heal up in no time. "I know what you mean..." He said with a nod, agreeing that the inn wasn't the same without other's around giving it the energy it was accustomed to. Watching her with a slight frown as smiling caused her more pain, Alex tapped the bar and ordered a glass of whiskey. "So, other than the obvious family issues... what's new?" He asked her.

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
Without meaning to, Ristar had passed out on Alex the night before. The result, her waking up at the bar without him. Feeling a little bad, she ran a hand through her scarlet curls and stretched out her slender form. She was more than use to falling asleep in odd places, so the ache in her body was nothing to her. Especially when she realized she could move her face around without feeling any pain. Trailing her fingers over her lip and cheek, she made sure everything was fine before tapping the bar gently.

"Bloodwine, please." She asked for, smiling a bit at the sight of the glass that appeared before her. Sipping from her drink, Ri turned around in her seat and leaned back against the counter. Her starry eyes scanned the room a bit while a soft sigh passed her lips. She wished that there was someone around that could entertain her, but at this rate she was bound to spend the night alone.

"So much for having fun tonight..." She mused before taking another sip from her glass.

Beloved Raider

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
What was there to do? He clearly couldn't go back. Not for a while anyway. Maybe once that fresh cut on his cheek healed and the scar faded he could go back. Seeing as how the blood hadn't even dried yet that was going to be quite some time, so for now he would instead just head towards somewhere new and work on getting himself a new home and finding some new friends. Almost anyone would do. Unfortunately there was just too much on his mind right now for wanting to really focus on all of those troubles. Walking onward, the scenery lost to his mind as he was far too inwardly focused, Trent managed to look just in time to avoid knocking his head on a low hanging sign.

"Why anyone would hang something that low to the ground doesn't make any sense to me...." The words came out just audibly but of course there was no one to hear them so what was the point of saying them? Maybe just to make sure he could still speak. Laughing at himself now for being so crazy, and ignoring what the sign said, Trent carried on and headed for the first building he saw after the sign, which in this case had been 'Fangs and Fur'.

There wasn't much for Trent to really notice there, but as he just stepped through the door a sense of uneasy washed over him which made him wonder just what had made such a sudden change. The woman at the bar made him wonder why someone would be in here alone, but instead of focusing on it he focused on moving forward.

"Good evening Miss. Do you know where I might find a place for company?"

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
The scent of someone new filled her mind and had her drifting out of her thoughts as her starry eyes landed on the door. Not recognizing the owner, curiosity filled her bright gaze and had a slow smile curling over her rosy lips. It seemed the night was going to be more interesting than she had assumed it to be. Delighted, Ristar set her glass aside and waited for the door to open. It took a bit of control not to figet in excitement, though she couldn't stop it from dancing like fire in her eyes to replace her curiosity.

When a man walked in, her excitement heightened and her lips curled up into a devious smile. Men were always more fun to play with than women, especially when she was the only one in the room. Shifting a bit in her seat to keep comfortable, Ri listened silently when he spoke up before waving a hand to encompass the room.

"You've found it, honey. I know it might not seem as lively as most places, but we here at the Fangs and Fur are a rather friendly bunch." She replied, her starry eyes glowing softly as they ran over him in study. "Can I get you anything to drink?" Ristar added as she returned her focus back to his own features, mischief evident in the way she smiled at him.

Beloved Raider

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
"A modest bunch too it seems." He replied as he thought about what he might like drink, and finding himself not incredibly thirsty despite the long walk he had just undertaken. There just seemed to be something off about the place that already had him treading lightly. Not to mention that this woman seemed to be hiding more than she was letting in her smile, it was all just so uncertain that it didn't sit right with him. That aside Trent just smiled to her and started walking over to this mysterious woman with his eyes looking her over trusting only one thing about her. That she wasn't definitely not what she appeared especially since she seemed far too at home here in a place call the Fangs and Fur. Grinning all the same he walked right up to her and held out his hand for her. "I'm Trent"

What was hidden underneath such a casual tone was so much fear from the unknown that he wasn't sure if it was the BO he had worked up from walking or if it was a psychical smell of his emotion. It almost brought a nervous chuckle out of his throat but instead it was something of a hiccup which was even more embarrassing and brought a slight red to his cheeks. Of course there was a way out of this and that he would hold in his back pocket if he would need such a thing.

If not. Well then so be it.

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
His words had laughter bubbling out of her softly. Yeah, this night was definitely going to be fun. Enjoying herself, she watched the man close the distance between them and had to swallow another laugh at the sound of his thoughts. He was radiating nerves and it just made her night all the better. As odd as it was, she enjoyed toying with others. Especially when said others were a handsome guy so very out of his element.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Trent. My name is Ristar." She replied, slipping her hand into his own to give it a gentle squeeze. Her hand lingered in his for a few moments before slipping free, though the heat of her touch would linger even after she had reached back to pick up her glass. Sipping from it, Ri watched him a moment over the glass before speaking up yet again.

"So, Trent, what brings you to our neck of the woods?"

Beloved Raider

4,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The strangest sensation of warmth in the palm of his hand only confirmed what he had been assuming early. There was something terribly odd about here. Grinning as he braced himself for a new and interesting experience Trent gave Ristar a smirk as he readied himself to answer her question. His thoughts weren't taken on his feet though, in the moment after his grip was free he moved into a seat beside her and let his dark brown eyes look over her. She seemed normal enough, but then the surface only showed part of a person what was left came out when you got to know them. So what was she hiding? It was uncertain what it might go down with that though. "Well these woods are kinda homey, figured I'd look around em a bit, see if I liked anything." He said with a grin while he brought a thumb across his left cheek to check his most recent injury. The blood had dried. That was progress at least.

"That and the last place I was at didn't quite appreciate my sort of humor. Kinda got a present on my way out." Trent laughed as he scratched off some of blood from his cut, not more than an inch long, grinning after as though it was some kind of trophy rather than what it really was, a promise. A promise of what, well that wasn't important so long as he didn't go back. And he didn't plan to.

"What I am curious about is how a fine young thing like you is in such an empty place like this. I would have thought all the pretty girls would be out looking for some tail to tease."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff