Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Masquerade was a lot of fun, but now it is time to start planning the next event. What do you think it should be?

A Rave 0.042857142857143 4.3% [ 3 ]
A pool party 0.31428571428571 31.4% [ 22 ]
An orgy (no it is not really going to happen Get your mind out of the gutter!) 0.32857142857143 32.9% [ 23 ]
Pie fight 0.11428571428571 11.4% [ 8 ]
A summer barbecue 0.2 20.0% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 70 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 418 419 420 > >> >>> »|

It was about time to get a more normal of a job. These days, a mercenary just isn't the profession you should go with. The work has turned into assassination, which the pay went up, but this one found it to be monotonous. Good at his work, yes, but that alone isn't going to make one a content person. Entering the front door of The DeLerouche Tavern, as it was called, it seemed the place could use some employees. It was also in a nice part of the neighborhood. Dressed in a pair of light blue jeans that held a faded appearance in color. A plain white shirt and a brown leather jacket. Dark brown shoes that were partially hidden by his jeans adorned his feet. He had short-to long black hair with one blue eye and one green. He had gray devil horns protruding from the top of his skull that curved down to outline his cheekbones. the horns curved at the tips just a hair, and to accompany the horns, he he a four foot long gray devil tail with a spade shape for the tip.

Entering the bar, he let out a gentle sigh, seeing a couple of patrons and what seemed to be only one employee. to his surprise it was someone he knows, well, someone he's seen before in the distant past. Feeling nostalgic a moment before he made his way to the bar, finding a location away from the other patrons before sitting down.
"A bit snarky arent we?" He chuckled at her. He then shrugged and went back to sipping his wine. " I would've said yes, till recent comments, Remember, service with a smile." He gave her a cheesy grin and then went about his business.

6,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
He was ignoring the fox and the woman he was arguing with. He didn't like demons very much furry or not. Sighing to himself he finished his plate of mystery dragon meat and picked up his cup and pot and went to go sit in a corner. He propped his feet up on the table and yawned crossing his arms. He was about to close his eyes when he noticed the man walk in. He chuckled to himself as the mans features reminded him of a succubi he once knew. Rolling his eyes for a minute he sipped his tea and looked over at the mousy girl. The patrons of the bar were starting to more or less bore him. He seemed to be in a nice neighborhood with nice people and that irritated him more then anything. Sipping his tea and keeping to himself he just watched them. Although he was more or less amused by a vampire and a fox arguing.
Tierney turned a smile to the fox demon. He wanted a smile, he would get one. "Until now, sir, you have had perfect service. I have smiled, I have been polite. I have put up with your arguing with that gentleman over there," Tier replied pointing to the dragon being. "Even though I asked both of you to stop. If you do not like my manner, well then, I'm sorry." With that, she left it.

Moving from around the bar, the vampire made her way over to her newest customer. "Good evening, sir. Welcome to DeLeroche." She smiled at him. "How can I help you? A drink perhaps?" She asked sweetly. Being extra nice to this patron since the other thought she was not so nice.

Friendly Dabbler

She saw absolutely no point in what she was doing here. She considered the logic behind even celebrating her birthday, and really found none. She took another sip of her wine, and rested it on the bar gently between her hands. She didn't care about what was going on around her, and she didn't care that she didn't care. She started to get a lightheaded feeling, but it didn't bother her. She wondered if it was what the woman's brother had meant when he explained the effects of the drink to her. It was the most probable, she hadn't had the lightheadedness before she came to the tavern, in fact, she hadn't felt sick at all before she'd come in. She decided it was the effects of the drink, and took another sip.
A Wholehearted laugh came from him within moments, The man then held up a piece of chicken meat and smirk "This chicken's undercooked by the way!" He called cheerily at her as she tended to the other customer and moved to the back of the room, a good way from everyone, as he brought out a book from his coat to read.
Seems he came in at an unusual time, well, this is a tavern. One can't expect the nicest people to visit. He wasn't going to press any matters here, none of it was his concern. At least not yet, if he were to be an employee here in the future..such matters might just be his business. Looking up towards Tierney with a small smile, he nodded towards her. "Good evening, thank you. A drink would be appreciated, A simple glass of Jack will do for the night." As he recalled her name from the corners of his mind, other events came to the front of his memory. The matters of something that occurred decades ago probably do not interest the vampire before him tonight. He will make mention of it, later on probably. As for now, he'd just play the part of a patron. Ignoring the other customer's complaint, because again, it's not his concern.
"A glass of jack. No problem." Tierney replied with a smile as she returned to the bar. Her eyes met the fox man again. She shook her head as she opened another bottle of jack. "You are eating it. It isn't like you are going to die from eating under cooked food." She poured the gentleman a large drink. "But if you'd like, I will take it back in the kitchen and burn the hell out of it for you." She suggested as she returned to the table with the devil being. "Here you are, sir. Can I get you anything else?"
After seeing the large glass of whiskey placed in front of him, he gently grasped it and took a small drink before setting it down. Letting out a contented sigh before saying his thanks. Not really paying attention to the unneeded noise. "Just what I wanted. Now..I suppose it's not great first impressions filling out an application while drinking booze. However, I'd like to fill one out regardless." He'd need something to write with as well, otherwise he'd be sitting here a while. lifting his glass to his lips again, he took a larger drink this time before setting it back down.
"Sure." Tierney said with a smile. "Let me get you one." she turned around as she went for the bar. "Sir, Miss." Tier called out addressing the other two. "Are you two doing well? Can I get you another drink? More wine, or tea?" She asked as she fetched the application for employment.
"Here you are, sir." Tierney said laying down the paper and pen on his table.
It seems that passing out was never an enjoyable feeling. Slowly his eyes began to peel themselves open to see that he was now situated on the couch. Quickly his wings emerged from his back and feathers blew outwards quickly from where he was laying down. His hand went to his head holding it hearing it throbbing. What a painful headache this was turning out to be. Grudgingly he was moving off of the couch looking around as if something was going to jump out at him. Why couldn't he remember what he was doing before he passed out.

Eventually he did end up making his way to the bar. He would stand behind it beside where his sister normally stood wondering what he could do to help, but she was very busy. There were someone new that he didn't even remotely recognize. It appeared Tier was handling things very well around here. Yet, his soft eyes fell upon the woman who he had talked to earlier. Things were coming back to him now, he remember why he had passed out. That damn birthday gift.

Silently he walked into her view so that he could talk to her better. "Sorry about that... I have been having a busy week, and I guess it finally caught up with me." He said with a slight nod. Hopefully she wouldn't be mad at him for passing out mid conversation, but she didn't seem like the type to get mad. She really didn't seem like the type to get anything, so there wasn't anything to worry about. "So what do you do for fun in this large city?" Kamikazy asked her hoping she wouldn't just pass him off.

Friendly Dabbler

She drank the last bit of her wine as she watched the woman do her work. She still didn't understand what exactly it was that she was doing here, but it didn't bother her. "Yes please." She replied to the question. Maybe those around her thought her odd for being so polite, but it didn't bother her. She slid the glass away from her a bit and looked about the room, trying to see if she could peg the labels of the emotions people were showing. Not too soon after she'd started looking at everyone, she had a subject to focus on again, the man from earlier. She certainly didn't get mad, but she didn't ask him if he was ok either. She reasoned that if he weren't ok, he wouldn't be standing there talking to her. "Twice a week I head to the dance studio for my ballet." She assumed that that would be a satisfactory explanation of an extracurricular activity. "Other than that, I don't do much." As pretty as her accent was, it was lacking in the normal emotions a person put behind their voice when they spoke. It was just monotone, uninterested.

Winner

The door swung open, almost magically. In fact, in stepped Nikolai. The world's best, but least known magician. Some say he paid the price for his power. Or his gift. Whatever it was, he was highly talented. But that was besides the point. He shifted his coat, and held out his arms. He gave them a jerk, and his coat disappeared. He did the same to his bowler hat.

He quietly walked up to the bar, and put his hands flat down."Whiskey. Please."
Smiling when he received the application, he picked up the pen and read over the application. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of information he needed to put down. Which allows him to be vague on his past occupation. Before Tierney would move elsewhere, he decided to go out and say what he wanted. "Ah..Simon, died a very agonizing death. I found that to be fitting.." It may have been vague to her, considering how long ago it was. Though, people tend not to forget the name of the person that killed their lover. Looking back down towards his application, he began to fill it out. first of, his name: Tychon Varlaam.
Tierney froze. Simon. She knew that name. Of course she did. Turning, she almost grabbed at the man. Instead, she dug her nails into her palms. "What do you mean? What do you know about a man named Simon?" She demanded to know as she leaned over the table. Decades ago, a slayer named Simon killed her maker, her lover, the man who also raised her and her brother. "Tell me!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff