Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Hunter

Bain's anger rose as she told him her story, it was hard to anger him, but what her people did to her was something he would not forgive. He didn't say anything, instead, as she went to drink her coffee, he realized it had chilled and he used a small bit of his magic to warm it up in her hands after the sip she took. Bain then adjusted himself in his seat, nodding accordingly for her to continue the story, interested and at the same time astonished.

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Morgana shook her head, whispering softly "And may his soul rest in peace. His last words to me were: 'I love you babygirl. You show them how wrong they are.'" She smiled- a small and painful smile in memory of her father whose love was undying. "I didn't know what to do because I was so young and had no one to guide me. I couldn't walk in a bar and work- few people would hire someone so small and seemingly fragile, as you can imagine. One night while I was wandering a city, I found this huge, absolutely stunning building. I wanted to know what was inside because I had never seen a building as big and fabulous as this one. So I went up the stairs, opened the door..." She smiled at the memory, the pain washing from her face. "It was a library. The books in there, though menial and meaningless to most who ventured there, but I found solace in them. I was starving and dirty- two things I had never been before being banished. But, having no home to eat and bathe in, I had to deal with the few things I had. These books meant everything to me. I felt like knowledge, learning everything and anything there is to know would be my life's work. It was hard at first for me to cope with my exile, but since it happened, I felt like there needed to be some positive outcome from it. I was exiled for being different, and people were afraid of me. I wanted to know what they were so damn afraid of. Why was I so scary that at the tenth year of my existence I had to leave? There must have been something to it, so I have sought knowledge of my kind. Everything that we are capable of, I figured, I must know before I can even delve into everything else." She looked up at him, gauging his reactions.

Distinct Hunter

If she searched for a reaction from him, the glow in his eyes was a good way to tell he was upset about her past, the fact her father was the only one who loved her and was taken from her. Bain looked at her, there was sympathy in his eyes as well. He couldn't even remember his parents, but to have one beheaded before you was something he could not imagine. "Your father was a man that stood for his principles. He is someone I believe I could have gotten along well with. As for your solace in books, I find that not such a bad thing, did you find out why they shunned you or is that one of the things you still search for?"

As he was speaking to her, he had gotten up out of his chair, grabbing some tissues and handing them to her. He stretched slightly, grabbed some cheese and snacked on it as he moved his chair closer to hers. He was intent on hearing this story to the end, though much before that he had already decided to help her, even if it meant leaving his castle again for awhile.

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Morgana smiled thankfully and took the tissues. She looked down for a few minutes, thinking of how to answer him. Most of the answers she produced were assumptions, of course, and she couldn't truly know why they shunned her. She couldn't visit her former kingdom again, because of the mark; and she refused to have it removed, because it reminded her of how far she had come. She sighed and looked up at him again, straining to keep composure.

"There is no true answer, because their intentions and reasons for being afraid are subjective and changes by a person to person basis. My best suggestion, in my ninety years of study, is that they are afraid of what they do not know. Warlocks are versatile, intelligent, clever, and strong. The fact that they are simply unpredictable strikes fear into people who don't comprehend them.

The high elves are judgmental and arrogant- they didn't want anyone or anything to stand in the way of their power system. You could imagine how the two races would clash ceaselessly." She laughed, her ears twitching briefly with excitement. That was quickly replaced by a change in demeanour- a darkness loomed around her as she continued her tale.

"My endless desire to learn is why I feel I must leave, and why I have a difficult time looking at you in the eyes when you transform into the quiet wolf."

Distinct Hunter

Bain nodded and listened to her. "Had they not been foolish, you could have been a great ally to them." The fact that the elves were afraid of something more powerful did not surprise him. Bain knew to well how people of most races reacted to something that was a potential threat. He sighed, placing his thumb and index finger on the bridge of his nose and began to rub it. After a minute or two, he looked to her, curious, "The reason as to why my wolf form runs you off is something you haven't shared yet correct?" He had asked, because he was unsure if he missed that part. He had been listening intently, but just wanted to clarify it.

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
She shook her head. "I feel like it makes more sense to lead into that, so you can understand how I got there and my intentions for doing certain things. Since you mentioned it, I'll get right to it." She took a deep breathe, listening to the air entering her lungs, expanding them; then as it exits, her chest falling in sync.

"I have done a lot of traveling, and done a few revisits when a local has asked me when I was going to return. I felt it impolite to come around once and never return, especially if someone expected me to come by again at some point. One of the cities I visited had many supernatural beings, and for once I felt like I was part of the culture and population."

"In the library there, I observed someone that shared in my passion for knowledge and study. He was a lycan, much like yourself. He had beautiful ocean blue eyes- and they twinkled every single time he was in that library and made a discovery."

"I was fond of him, of course he didn't know this at the time, because I could never approach him. My courage...Around him it didn't exist. As you can imagine, given the experience we just had, you can imagine why I had no courage or bravery to speak with him. I was terrified of him. Though, I thought it hypocritical for me to be terrified because of his potential for being powerful and a kind I couldn't understand." She looked down and smiled briefly.

"Then I would be no better than the ones who banished me. I talked to myself night after night that he was just another who existed in this world, who was powerful like me, but in a way different and unique to me. I couldn't convince myself, and I never gathered the courage."

"One night, the city was invaded by people- hunters of some sort. I had never experienced a group raiding or pillaging. They wanted to burn everything to the ground and kill us all despite our desire for peace and coexistence. My first concern were the books and parchments that I had spent weeks deciphering. They were going to burn my life to the ground, with no remorse or sympathy." She drank from her mug, suddenly the coffee was hot and she relaxed slightly, shifting in her seat.

"I ran to the library as fast as I could and gathered what I could put in bags and my arms. And when I ran back out...I saw him, his wolf form. He was so scared, cornered. His tail between his legs. He looked over and saw me, his eyes were pleading, he needed me." She looked down and bit her lip, holding back a moment. "I knew it was either I risk my life's work and my own life to only maybe save him; or flee and leave him to be taken by them."

"I abandoned him. I was selfish and wrong, and every day I see him. I see him in my dreams, in my nightmares, in the glasses I drink from, in the mirrors. He is everywhere, and I regret my decision every day. He was a living being and I abandoned him. I can't forgive myself..."

Distinct Hunter

Bain nodded and then continued listening, he could feel her remorse and excitement, then she got to the part about the lycan with blue eyes. "Blue eyes like mine....it couldn't be...Is there anything else you remember about that lycan, the hunters? Can you tell me any more details about his fur color." Bain seemed a little frantic at this point in time. She had triggered something of his memory he had not wanted to remember, and yet something he searched for. "Also, do you remember how many years ago this was?" He felt bad for ignoring part of her story, but she unlocked pandora's box of questions with him. Though if it was...who he thought it was, he would not hold his capture against her.

"I apologize for the sudden outburst of questions, but you may hold the key to something I have been looking for."

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Morgana looked over at him puzzled, then had a slight revelation. "I cannot look at you because he looked exactly like you, just smaller-younger and had black and blue fur. The hunters...All I knew was that they were cornering him. They had a net, a burlap sack, some rifles, and darts. It was during the night, and their clothing blended in the background. But his eyes shone in the moonlight, full of fear and sorrow..."

She stood up, looking as if she had had enough for the night. She sat down on the floor and pulled her legs in to her chest and buried her face in her knees, rocking slightly to calm herself. After her body had stop visibly shaking, she stood back up and sat down in her seat again, forcing her wings to contract completely to fit in the chair.

"It's been eighty-five years." she whispered, nearly inaudible.

Distinct Hunter

"So...it was him, and he let himself get caught." Bain lowered his head, facing the wall and then slams his fist into it, there was cracking sounds, it sounded like bone, but it was actually the stone chipping away from the impact. "There would be a good reason why you can not stand to look at my eyes then, the one you left behind was my son Miles. I have been searching for him for a long time. Seems you are my first clue in a long while." He sighed and sat down in the chair once more, staring into the fire, his eyes glowing in a fierce ice blue. As he stared at the fire, his words came out calm, way to calm for a man finding out his son had been taken, "He's alive, Miles is tough, but for him to cower means he was protecting something important. Where was this city by chance? Maybe there is something left even after all this time.

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Morgana watched her host in horror- she had abandoned his son. She covered her mouth, trying to hold back a sob. She felt even more guilty, no matter how tough his son was, she couldn't forgive herself for leaving him behind for a bunch of books and parchments. "Its 4500 miles from here, a city called Elden. How do you know he is alive?" Her mind relaxed as she commended herself for not revealing how strong her feelings for him were. That would be embarrassing to admit to his father...

Distinct Hunter

"Elden? I've been there once before. I have a marker for it in my memory." He spoke quietly, though seeing her reaction to his outburst, he stood up and walked over to her, placing a hand on each shoulder. "Do not blame yourself, The men who took him down knew what they were doing, they most likely know who I am as well. You did right to get out of there when you did, otherwise you could have been captured as well." He smiled, backing away a step and smiling, although tears formed in his eyes, "Being a pack leader has some perks, I can feel his lifeforce, it's still stable, though I can not trace it, as if her were blocked. I'll find him, don't you worry. It seems fate had chosen for us to meet."

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
As he placed his hands on her shoulders, she stiffened and stared rather wide-eyed at him. She opened her mouth to tell him how she felt about his son, but closed it again knowing it wasn't the right time. The fact that he couldn't communicate or locate his son wounded her- She felt his deep sorrow. Morgana nodded, to acknowledge him. "May I step out into the garden a moment? I need to stretch my wings and have a moment for myself." There was a slight wobble to her voice making her sound weak and vulnerable.

Distinct Hunter

Bain nodded and pointed to the door in the library that led out to the garden. His first instinct was to follow her, he could tell through her reactions she cared for Miles, though he would let her be the one to tell him. He didn't say anything out to her, just pointed the way and then turned back to stare into the fire. It had been years upon years since he had last had contact with his son. He remembered the day Miles left home to go on his journey, Bain and his wife were sadden to see their pup go, but at the time Miles was already 50 years old and Bain had trained him well, so why was he captured. Bain needed to find out why, and to do that he would need Morgana's help.

Princess Legion

44,450 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Team Peyo 25
Morgana got up quickly, and glided across the room and out the door Bain had pointed to. She needed a moment to breathe, and stretch her wings. They were getting sore from being crunched together to fit in the chair. The moment she felt the moonlight on her skin and the breeze in her hair, she relaxed and closed her eyes. Her wings opened fully, eleven feet of ox-blood glory. She felt her feet leave the ground only slightly, the wind having caught her wings and sent her hovering in the air. Finally she had a moment to express her emotions freely.

Tears rolled down her face profusely, a few salty drops finding their way to her lips and down her neck and chest. She cared for his son more than she let on. She had fallen for him- his dedication, his wonder and amazement, his sheer beauty and power. She didn't approach him partially for the reasons she explained to Bain, but also because she couldn't express herself and how she felt. How did she feel? Did she love him at the time? Was it infatuation? Curiosity? What is there to say when you don't know what to say?

She put her feet back on the ground and opened her eyes, walking down the rows of flowers. She held out her hand, letting her fingertips touch the soft petals and the rough thorns. Her eyes darted around as if searching the ground for answers. As she moved through the garden, she began to hum a tune. Oh, I'm in love with you and you will never know...but if I can't have you I want this life alone... she sang in her head.

Distinct Hunter

"So hes alive, taken not to far from here. The only clue I have is 85 years old, but at least its something to go on." he spoke to himself as he paced back and forth in front of the fireplace. His eyes were a fierce icy blue, they sparkled in the light of the fire and Bain paced there wondering what his next move should be. He stopped, looking towards the garden where Morgana had walked out to a little bit ago and sighed. "As much as it pains me, I need her to come with me back to Elden, though the question is will she come.

Turning from the door to the garden, Bain exited the library after leaving a note for her to meet him on the second story near two large doors that led into his room. He placed a hand on the doors, it began to glow with a soft blue light and then the doors creaked open. Bain swung them the rest of the way open and entered his room. "Alright...now where the hell is it." he mumbled to himself as he searched something that would aid them in retracing the steps of the past. It was only usable if one had knowledge of that certain point, and with Morgana being the last to see his son, she surely fit the bill. He continued to search his room, going past pictures of his family, the children's cribs, his old wardrobe, and finally found something he thought was lost, his old wedding band. Bain stood there, staring at the band, lost in thought...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff