Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gosh, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today! Naida almost said it aloud but just for the sake of avoiding any unwarranted trouble that day, managed to keep her mouth shut tight. There was not going to be any trouble today, she'd make sure of that.

"Fer me", Naida said. "I get th' rest o' th' day off."

Still, the woman's brusque statement did catch her off guard a little as she had expected the same greeting back. Why so depressed? Naida's smile dropped a bit and an eyebrow - by now they had grown almost fully back from the little accident several days ago - raised in surprise. Her tone wasn't as cheerful, rather it suddenly became questioning and perhaps a bit sympathetic as she inquired, "Oh? Having a bad day?"

She noted that a man had come in and sat down at a table, but wouldn't acknowledge him at the moment. No doubt he was waiting for some service too.{edited}
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man
and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it,
never really care for anything else thereafter.

Eva Sinclair

Appearance: Casual and Armored Weapons: Rifle and Pistol
Please enjoy that which is Eva Sinclair

"It's always a bad day," she stated coldly as her eyes trailed over to the man now entering the bar. Her eyes took in his placement and gait. The speed at which he walked casually. As he took a seat, her eyes stayed on him, his darting eyes belaying a sense of nervousness. That was a normal sign.

"Every damn day I'm on this planet," she muttered. Lifting her armored frame from the bar stool, she lifted her glass of scotch from the top and stepped over to him. She dropped it down in front of him.

"How's it going," she said casually, sipping from her drink. She rarely wore her helmet, preferring to be able to see rather than conceal her face. The holographic interface on her chest had been removed, Eva having found it useless when she came back. It was much easier to sync with the rig itself.
Todd barely flinched when the armored woman with short hair sat in front of him. "Well," his gravely voice replied, dark eyes locked on hers as he spoke, "And you?" seeing the POLICE sticker on the armor's arm, Todd made a mental note to be careful with this one. She must have been some sort of... English Valkyrie.. a woman in armor with short white hair, and a cold stare.

"Pardon the question," he spoke cooly, expression never changing. "Have we met?" he asked, politely inquiring as to why she was speaking to him.
She thought up a quick reply. "Well..I'm sorry t' hear that." It seemed as if she was one of those pessimists, 'the glass is always half empty' people. They were even more annoying than the 'half full' people. Optimism could at least have it's uses at times.

Or maybe she really just had woken up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.

Naida took note of the man's eyes darting back and forth, as if he was expecting someone to run in at any given moment and ambush him. The nervousness surrounding him was very obvious. It was odd how Naida herself wasn't like that, so jumpy, if that was the right word, what with her chosen career and such. Even so, of course she surely always had to be on guard, whether she openly showed it or not. But hell, what did she care? As long as it paid good money.

Her focus was on him as the woman talked to him.

Eva Sinclair

"Not likely," Eva responded, her eyes staring out of the window. She wanted to see what he would do. Put on the pressure to see if they crack. She placed her free hand on her hip, careful to draw attention to the weapon. She wanted him to see it. As she sipped from it again, she took in the burning liquid, planning her next step.

"You think you've seen me around here," She asked suddenly, her deep blue eyes both cold a piercing. The question had been curious, but not overbearing.
"Oh no," he said, his eyes finally closing as a smirk danced upon his lips. He had all the information he needed now. He had dissected her personality, and her mannerisms, Sweeney was set. "I was just inquiring as to why you chose to sit, unannounced, with me and chat as if we are old friends," eyes opening once more, a flash of cheekiness to then, they wandered to the bar maiden. "Gin, neat, no ice," he said simply, before his gaze returned to the woman, as his own hands rested comfortably on the table, taking mental note of every blade he had on his person.

Eva Sinclair

"Simple, I wanted to know if you were carrying any weapons," She replied sweetly. She was posed to strike, eager to have this man try something. It was the sort of action she yearned for.

"After all," She stated after a long moment musing how many shots it would take to end this man, "I am the enforcement around her."

She lifted her armor body from the bar top and walked behind the man, dropping to his right now. Her frame leaned against the bar. Her eyes read his, she was ready. His mannerisms had been too professional, his emotional control beyond normal. This man had likely killed before. That didn't bother Eva one bit. She herself was a cold blooded murderer. It bothered Eva that he was trying to hide it. She awaited the obvious answer.
This was strangely beginning to seem like a typical Mexican standoff, Naida thought, looking between the two slowly. "Hm." She leaned so that her back was resting against the bar. Her legs were crossed in front of her and the canteen clutched in her hand which rested on her lap. A small smirk subconciously played across her plump lips, though they were dry from the wind outside. The wolf smile coordinated perfectly with the mildly amused look that shone in her eyes.

She cut in immediately after the woman was done speaking. "Well, I woulda done th' same thing sooner er later. It's called being friendly", Naida said, speaking to the man. "Y' look so lonely over there." Hopefully a barfight wouldn't erupt suddenly.

She was puzzled at "Gin, neat, no ice." and blinked. "Yer not talking t' me are y'? I don' work 'ere." {Was that to me? >.< Sorry, a bit confused.}
Todd pondered this question she asked. The way she strutted around was like a proud rooster. The sort of pride that got many people killed. His hands moved to clasp each other, his eyes closing as he listened to every clunky move she made, and every breath she took. "Weapons? No.. no weapons.. simply tools of my trade," and he willing pulled out two shaving straight razors, one from each pocket, and set them on the table. Chased Silver, and impeccably clean. "I'm a barber," he added, a smirk once more on his lips.

Upon hearing the other woman speak, he nodded. "My apologies, a simple mistake,"

Eva Sinclair

"Cute," She responded coldly, disappointment contained deep within her body. She'd hoped for a maniacal murderer, not some mild mannered barber. With a sense of melancholy at yet another boring fool, she took a long sip from her glass before rising.

"Tell the kitchen what you want. Some strange little troll things will serve it to you," She said after some silence. She had decided not to play with the barber, choosing to return to the young woman instead. She dropped down next to her, disappointed at the lack of excitement.
"No worries", she said with a shrug.

So apparently it was not such a good idea to bring weapons in the tavern, whether you had them out where people could see them or not. Naida winced a bit at the thought. Well, it hadn't gotten her into trouble so far despite the fact that the scimitar at her waist was in plain view. Not that that was anything unusual. Naida had the uncanny gift of being overlooked when it came to potential threats considering that she certainly looked nothing like one. And she wasn't either....to them at least. As silently, almost teasingly hostile as they were being to each other, she was pretty confident one wouldn't turn on her suddenly and Naida avoided unnecessary violence.

Strange little troll things? Naida looked over at the kitchen. Apparently they do have some people working here then. Well, whatever. She sipped her own beverage.

The woman was noticably disappointed as she plopped down in the barstool next to Naida. It was evident she had been itching for a fight. I wonder if the "Crimson Mist" has an arena or...sparring room somewhere. It would attract brawlers. She grinned, "Don' worry. Sooner er later I'm sure someone'll run in weilding a chainsaw. That'll give y' somethin' t' do."

Eva Sinclair

"Two shots to the chest, one to the head," Eva said coldly, her voice hushed as she stared into toward the window and let out a soft sigh, "Continue to engage until target is eliminated."

Eva sounded bored as she said this, as though she'd already said it before. Perhaps she had. She'd seen a lot more than most people did and had lived far longer than she deserved. There was a strange emotional detachment around Eva. As though she wasn't really human. With another sigh she rose.

"I'm going for a walk." She stated as she stepped out the door.

((Will be back later.))
Todd smirked once more, nodding "Indeed," before re-pocketing the blades. It was then he felt the throbbing in his top pocket, placing a hand where it was, where his heart was, his face grew stone cold. Not now, he mentally pleaded. The blade had a mind of it's own some-times. His faithful friend. Not now, he repeated over and over in his mind. But the Demon Fang wanted the Valkyrie's blood. He would wait, he decided. She was too aware now.

Standing he moved to the kitchen, and retrieved his drink, sitting back down and taking a long gulping sip. The drink seemed to steady him as he sighed, dark eyes closing as his breathing slowed. Calming himself back to a state of cold calculated terror.
"Alright, g'bye", Naida said as she watched her leave. After a few seconds, she shook her head and took another large sip from her canteen. Yes, a walk. A nice long walk. Maybe that would help to clear her head a bit. The lady seemed to be even more stressed than Naida herself despite the fact that she didn't look like she had just run a marathon through the wilderness. Right.

Suddenly aware of the dirt and dust covering her, Naida pulled a patterned handkerchief from a pocket and ran it over her face a few times to remove the sweat and grime. Thank goodness she didn't have to go into work today. Wonder if I could rent a room here...whenever that bartender lady gets back.

Naida noted the man's facial expression change before he hurried into the kitchen. Her eyes narrowed a bit in confusion as he sat down once again, calmer, but...

"If y' don' mind answering, are y' feeling okay?", she asked.
Todd clenched the table, though looked up at the woman. "Hmm.. fine, thank you," he said simply, taking another large drink of gin. It helped steady him, and he sighed contently. Would this woman satisfy the fang's lust for blood? Perhaps.. Todd wasn't a fan of being at the bidding of this.. object. But, it helped him gain the revenge he wanted.. and helped him avoid Hell.. for now. "Apologies once more for mistaking you for staff, My name is Todd," he said, offering her a gloved hand. "Sweeney Todd," he gave her a smile, which to him, was disgusting and fake, but outwardly was gallant and charming.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff