Yeah yeah, we know~ 0.25531914893617 25.5% [ 12 ]
Darn right! 0.25531914893617 25.5% [ 12 ]
*Cheesy Grin* 0.48936170212766 48.9% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 392 393 394 > >> >>> »|

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

"If the animals even register it as meat. Although I have no nose, it must still smell like the ocean." Quixote shrugged, letting Key think whatever she wanted. After all, if she had a use for it, who was the knight to deny her the satisfaction? Standing up, Quixote reached over and grabbed one of the largest teeth, then pulled it out of the creature. Gears whirred, and his stomach compartment opened, which Quixote dropped the tooth into.

"A souvenir for another story."

Dapper Seeker

The lass took a step back as the tooth was wrenched from the creature and she wandered to the back momentarily to fetch two small pots, one of which contained soapy water. Returning, the lass wiped up the blood that had begun to dribble from the still slack mouth and promptly placed the other pot right underneath it. She then turned to Quixote.

"I hadn't considered that. I assumed, since it's a pretty big creature something bigger might come for a bite to eat. I wonder if the horned...thing...living out in the wood would like 'fish'." She tilted her head and let the idea mull a moment. "If you have no major use for the shark I'll gladly buy it from you."

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

The knight's head snapped over in Key's direction. "Horned thing?" His body tightened up, and the excitement in his voice could not be hidden. Gears whirred, and his cane sprung forth from his arm. The knight caught it, then leaned on it as he examined the girl. "Please, do go on. I love to hear tales of mysterious creatures, and if this tale is going where I think it is going... I humbly request that I join you on your hunt."

Dapper Seeker

"I wouldn't have it any other way, Sir Quixote!"

Rubbing her hands together her eyes darted from the mechanical sire to the shark on her tea table and then back. Such fun today would be indeed, a trip into the wood with Quixote would surely mean a less likely chance of being maimed! And being maimed was hardly ever worth the reward. Almost hardly...

"I have a friend in town by the name of Carmichael. A wonderful lad a little over my age who just recently began to help in the family business. They collect strange fungus, leaves, and grasses in Prism Forest, the very forest practically outside our front door. Anyways, he contacted me not too long ago about a sighting. Two, in fact."

She began to pace in place, eagerly pressing out the words.

"One was that he had seen some sort of light reflection in Prism, which isn't all too unusual...I suppose. It could have been another traveler just moving through the forest and not taking a path. But the interesting part is this. After he saw the reflection he saw something darting between the treeline just to the north of him. It was further in the forest. And from what he told me...well... This thing is big. And has horns that wrap over and over into themselves. I suppose much like a rams?"

She stopped and looked back to Quixote.

"He only asked me to warn anyone who had planned to enter Prism. But..." She grinned. "After hearing all that how can one not go on the prowl, yes?"

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

"The answer seems obvious, my good lady. How could I call myself a knight and not fight such a beast. Come, hunting for such a large creature should not be difficult at all. It must leave large tracks to follow." Grabbing the shark by the tail, Quixote quickly slung the ten foot long being over his shoulder, then grabbed his cane. He knocked on the wood floor three times, then walked towards the door, opening it for Key.

"I assume that the 'Prism' of which you speak it is a portal to another realm, yes? Interesting. And yet it remains open for some reason... Very interesting indeed. There is a mystery behind this, and I intend to discover its meaning." Theories sprang into his mind like a storm.

Dapper Seeker

For a single moment Copperkey was gone, racing into the back with the two pots and shoving them into the overflow sink in the kitchen. As she returned to Quixote's side she explained she didn't wish the customers to see them and moved over to the front door. Her fingers ran over the wall nearby, touching onto a single place where a board was a bit rickety. She pressed and it popped open, as if on hinges. And there inside was a parasol, Key scooping it up and returning the board. She then wandered outside and onto the porch, awaiting Quixote nearby.

"I'm really not sure, Sir Quixote." She responded. "I haven't spent much time in Prism Forest since I first moved into the building. It seemed though...that the reason the structure was open and unoccupied for so long is because of its proximity to the forest."

She moved down the steps and peered up at him.

"But that's the very reason why I bought it."

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Quixote slowly walked up to Key, his cane supporting his weight as he walked. He twirled it in his fingers for a moment, the gold head shimmering in the sunlight of the day, then said, "It seems you are quite the mystery yourself, Miss Clostra. But we have a hunt to go to." The metallic knight ignored the steps, deciding to simply skip them altogether since his legs were so long. He strode off into the forest, apparently unafraid and quite ready to face this challenge.

"Come now, milady. We must not be dilly dally. Sally forth, tally ho, screw your courage to sticking place and what not. Come, come. Schnell, bitte!" A hollow laugh rang throughout the forest as he trotted off, making sure that Key kept a close distance to him.

Dapper Seeker

Chuckling to herself, the lass opened the parasol above her and peeked up to watch the lovely lace pattern dazzle in the afternoon soon. She turned and spied Quixote's long stride making its way toward the Prism forest and quickly followed, the little ribbon-like umbrella bobbing along as she walked. As the duo first made their way in, the golden and copper lined leaves dancing in the low breeze, she peered back to the cafe carefully and spied a little ball of fur on the porch steps.

"Ark!" She called back. "You let me know if someone comes along! If you can, please do your best to handle them yourself or wake Hanami-chan if she's upstairs!"

And then the brush and limbs, trunks and tall grass blocked the view to the outside world and they were immersed in a forever twilight realm. The ethereal glow that seemed to bounce off the greenery was astounding, for it seemed that the light stemmed from the plantlife rather than the little bits of sun shining through the canopy above. Copperkey skipped just a few steps ahead of Quixote as she caught up to him and stopped to watch a rather large, indigo bumble bee seated on a drooping flower.

"I wonder how far we'll have to go in... Carmichael and his family venture at least a quarter mile before they can start harvesting anything."

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

The knight was already examining the ground, unimpressed by the beauty of the forest. After all, the Sylvari had made a home out of plant life, and the Pale Tree had accommodated everything for their benefit, light, water, shelter, etc. To him, this forest seemed normal, ordinary, and unimpressive. But, the beast inside did interest him. It was going to be an interesting fight, in his mind at least. So, Quixote unsheathed his sword, then held the shark in front of him. Stabbing into the beast's belly, the metallic man ripped it open, letting all the wonderful smells pour out. Luckily for Key, Quixote held it on his shoulder, with the tear facing upwards. Nothing would be spilling out today, unless it fell out.

"My dear Clostra, the most important important thing about hunting is finding clues of where the beast might be. It helps that it might simply come after us. I imagine the stench of this mostly fresh carcass might assist us. I imagine it will not take long at all." Standing beside Key, he continued to look around in search of clues and for the beast itself.

Dapper Seeker

"You really think so?" She inquired, looking up at the now slightly gaping fish. Returning to the path, the lass made her way down the center of the dirt road. Her head tilted and turned at every snap of a twig or crunch of dry grass, but her eyes never caught sight of any movement. Now, Copperkey had not gone through many forests on her travels and she realized what a greenhorn she was as she walked along. But...it was apparent even to her, the lack of chirping she'd assumed she would hear as they entered Prism.

"Sir Quixote... I'm not familiar with this place as you know...But shouldn't we be hearing some more birds than this? Or do you think they're put off by our presence?"

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Quixote had certainly noticed. However, he knew better than to assume that they were scared of him and Key. In fact, Quixote had not noticed any other forms of life besides that single bee, which he knew was not smart enough, or at least, was insignificant enough to not be harmed by the beast in question. With this knowledge, he confidently stated, "Milady Clostra, it is not our presence which should disturb the wildlife. There are no sounds in this forest, which means, to me at least, that the creature must be nearby. And as such, I would prepare myself."

Setting down the fish, Quixote's gears whirred, and the plates on his left arm began to shift. His arm whirred as the plating of his arm lifted itself up, then extended into a large shield with a loud clonk as the transformation ended. The knight's left hand then shifted as his fingers one by one popped the tips off, then became straight and stiff. Each finger was a functional pistol, and with his sword in his right hand, the knight seemed to be ready for any situation.

Dapper Seeker

The magician found it rather hard to watch their surroundings whilst Quixote went through his transformation. Her eyes wandered over to his mechanical form as it transitioned and turned and then her attention went back to the treeline. But she managed to turn her back on him and eyed the northern part of the wood. Her emerald stare stretched across the terrain, over the bushes and beyond the broken limbs scattered about the tree nearby-

"Oh!" She smiled and turned to the knight. "Sir Quixote, that tree over there... the one near the blue shrubbery. It's been bent up. Would you be able to tell if the creature did it?"

The young lady was careful not to hit the gentleman with her parasol as she swiveled to point to the position about fifteen feet away.

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

The knight's body quickly swiveled in the direction of the tree in question, and his monocled eye whirred as it extended itself. Certainly, something large and powerful must have hit it, because the stump left behind seemed to have undergone extreme pressure, and it was not an even cut. The question was, was it a recent hit, and if so, how recent? "Unless there are other large creatures in this forest, which I would not doubt, I would have to say that it did."

Quixote quickly looked around with his telescopic eye, then released a puff of steam as he looked deeper into the forest. "There seem to be more hits to other trees of that magnitude... The question is, do we follow in suit, or wait here and spring a trap? I will follow your wish, milady."

Dapper Seeker

Copperkey did a quick check around their surroundings, noting the lack of trees directly nearby. And then she looked at the bushes that piled up along the eastern side of the path. Then her gaze twisted about the dead shark and finally she was looking back to the knight.

"My inquiry is this..." She began. "Will we be best suited to battling the beast in an open enclosure or one with more tight quarters? I can manage best in tight ones, since a creature on my heels means I can just dart behind a tree or two and spin back around to face him. But I'm not sure how that would do with your guns. The trees would be in the way. So..."

She looked around them one more time and nodded.

"Perhaps this opening should do then."

It was then that something amongst the treeline to the west moved, and there came a snap of something much louder than that of a twig.

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Quixote's body immediately turned towards the threat in the west, and the man dropped low as he raised his left arm in front of him, holding his sword tight. The metallic man whirred and whizzed, his body anticipating the fight and preparing defensive measures for the battle. "Milady, do not think of me as only a battering ram. My tricks are innumerable, and my preparedness is pristine. As such, I would like you to allow me to take the brunt of the fight while you attack from the side. Prepare yourself, for we will have a momentous bit of fun soon."

The knight's laugh echoed through the forest, challenging the beast to come.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games