<3 </3

You all are awesome!

Yeah yeah, we know~ 0.25531914893617 25.5% [ 12 ]
Darn right! 0.25531914893617 25.5% [ 12 ]
*Cheesy Grin* 0.48936170212766 48.9% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 392 393 394 > >> >>> »|

Dapper Seeker

Sitting back in her seat Copperkey gave off a gentle hum as the mental gears of her mind began to churn. A story in return? Or a bit of history? Why not a bit of both? Leaning forward once more, those emerald eyes began to dance in a flame of mystery and delight. Her hands rose up once more to hold up her chin and a Cheshire smile formed on those golden tinted lips.

"I do have a tale of my own to share, indeed I do. It is just a piece of how I came to be as the magician 'Arro Copperkey'. If you aren't too tired and if it catches your interest would you care to hear it?".

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

The metal man tilted his head, then gave off a booming laugh, which made the cafe vibrate momentarily. "My lady," Quixote began, "Nothing would please me more." Leaning back, the knight picked up his mug and took a long drink, then gently rested the drink down on the table. Interlacing his fingers Quixote waited patiently for his story.

Dapper Seeker

"Within the dimension where my family dwells, on a planet with large and overly boxy cities... A world where smog fills the air and the people are slowly killing themselves with their own inventions, their eager machinations and selfish desires. In this place where reality is a knife in the back by your own loved ones... I found my gift. My calling."

That grin never left her face.

"My magic."

"In this world where I hail from it is...unusual for someone to have any more magic than a creative imagination. To have the ability to move in your dreams and to know it. Magic does not exist in my world. It is a fabrication on little screens or in words of a book. They are bedtime stories, tall tales...myths. And for good enough reason."

Key leaned into the table, her eyes dancing.

"Because in my dimension it's very dangerous for my people to have power."

She continued, enjoying the little moment of reminiscing the story brought to her. It had truly been so long since she'd remembered her journey from home. The people involved...

"There are a select few magicians in very close dimensions near my own. They are given the task of ensuring that no one from my own is given power. Because in the past it has never turned out well. My people are predisposed to a condition...which allows their magic to shift in energy. It can be no more than the ability to make a leaf flutter in the breeze unnoticed... but given the right circumstances... With the possibility of death involved... They can draw within them something so great, so fantastic... It simply cannot be controlled. Like a breaker with so much juice moving through it...it pops. But for us, 'popping' is very dangerous."

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

The knight remained respectfully silent, sipping his tea every now and then while listening to the story. It was unusual to be certain. Popping sounded like exploding, but perhaps the thing drawn to them was a demon? Perhaps technology or some sort of spirit? But why guess at it. The young girl was telling her story, it was time to shut up and simply listen.

Dapper Seeker

"Now, don't get me wrong. Very, very few of us even gain the ability to have magic in the first place. So we're all mostly harmless little things that go about living our lives. But there are ones that awake to their gifts and I was a lucky one. There was a man who was in my world, he ran an antique shop that also served as a bookstore. I was always there, I loved it. It was filled with ancient texts I couldn't read and stories I desperately wanted to decipher. And the old gentleman himself... He was so kind, so caring as he helped me to unravel certain books I took a liking too. His name was 'Arro Gezim'."

Copperkey looked up to the ceiling and sighed, her gaze clouding with something quite mixed. As if the lass was torn between how she should feel. She looked back down and then continued.

"Arro Gezim was a wise man when he saw me walk through his door. And he knew my potential and what I was seeking before even I did. The sire knew that my life's purpose from that moment prior had been unfulfilled and as he took me under his wing he began to give books... That at first I could not understand. And then one day the words just seemed to make sense. I had begun to awaken."

She frowned and adjusted in her seat, speculating. Remembering. Retelling a tale that seemed as fresh to her as if it were currently happening right in the cafe. Again she continued.

"One day 'Gezim' gave me a particular book I had never before seen in his archives. By then I'd begun to drop by after work and school to help him around the store. He told me I could keep it, but that I was to never, ever talk of it to him again. To never ever bring it back to his store. The next day...he was gone."

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Reaching up, the knight rubbed a thumb over the chin of his faceplate, then leaned forward, becoming more interested. There was still so much mystery in this tale. Perhaps there were things about this man and her abilities that she did not even know. It certainly seemed as though she was very close to a breakthrough, however. Quixote anxiously waited for more.

Dapper Seeker

"I really...really couldn't understand back then. How he just...up and left. Everything was gone over a single night. All those books, all those objects. He was just...gone." Key shrugged at the thought. "But I had the texts he'd given me... And that single tome that I was last offered the evening prior. I couldn't read it, but I knew there was something in it I had to find. If I could just...manage to find the right page. For days and days I kept shifting through each row of words without any avail. And then, just like it had been at his store I started to remember something I never knew I'd lost. A language only a few were privy to."

For a moment the young lady rolled her shoulders, her eyes growing heavy.

"And then I found the page I had sought out. The lines of spells I needed...yet I knew not what they were or what meaning they would have for me. I went into town that day, reading them over and over again. I had even brought the silly book. Me, walking around with a tome and unconcerned with everything, but it... I inadvertently walked into an alleyway. And it was the first time... Oh, the very first time I had uttered a sentence aloud."

She grew quiet, still.

"And then they came. As I muttered the threads of spells under my breath and continued to walk the walls around me shifted, the shadows rippled and the very individuals charged with keeping me from my magic appeared. They were there to test me, to bend my mind in an effort to see how far I could go before I broke. They were all cloaked and I had no idea what was going on. What I had just unwittingly initiated myself into. I was taken to a pocket dimension where time stands still. And there... the challenges for 'Arro Copperkey' began."

Copperkey breathed in deep and smiled, but the weariness in her eyes shone like the light of the new day. She spoke one more time.

"I'm sorry, but it's getting a bit late. Do you mind if we stop here, for now? I'd hate to start slurring and I'm not much good as night owl."

(Sorry, place is closing down for the night^^; )

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

"To be continued, then. In that case, I will see you tomorrow to finish off the story." Standing up, Quixote bowed lightly, then said, "Good night, my dear Clostra." He walked up the stairs, then went into his room, the handle quickly changing its color.

((Night night))

Dapper Seeker

Copperkey's fingers pressed upon the edges of her book as the young lady sat on the floor of the study. The sunlight of the new day filtered through the front window, dancing over her slender frame. A smile over those copper hued lips, the magician was planning out her new day quietly, carefully. She adjusted her feet and began to put the book away.

"Hn...I should probably take a look at that last porch step, it was a bit wobbly. And...I need to go in the forest. When Carmichael came by last week he told me he'd seen some sort of reflection off the main path... That should be fun to look into."

Taking a stand, the lass twisted her frame and stretched toward the ceiling with a smile. It was bound to be an interesting day, even if she had to make it one herself!

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Clomp, clomp, clank. The metal man took his last step up to the café, stared at the door, then at the ten foot long blue shark casually slung over his shoulder. Now, what was he going to do with the shark? Quixote honestly did not know. He had never cooked shark before, and he did not know if anyone would be able to make anything besides shark fin soup. However, the merchant in Azuresburg did not know what to pay the knight for the shark, so Quixote instead decided to take it back to the cafe. He was sure that it could be used for something.

So, he strolled through the door, gently rested the 375 pound shark on a table, which the tail limply hung off of, then sat down and stared at it, wondering what he was going to do with his catch.

Dapper Seeker

It was easy to tell when someone had entered the building, even easier when it was a certain patron of hers. Rolling her arm around and about, the young lady of Copperkey had opened the door of the study, taken a boot step out and into the parlor. And then, quite abruptly, stopped. So what had caught her attention? It could have been the giant sea creature hung over one of her tea tables. Yes, yes that might very well have been it. She peered at this massive being and then to the other massive individual in the room. Namely, Quixote. Her brow perked up and a half grin crossed her face.

"Ah...congratulations on the fishing expedition?"

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Gears whirred as Quixote's head shifted, looking over at Key without moving his body. This, of course, was because he felt lazy at the moment. He did not realize that it might have been odd for other people to see someone's head go 180 degrees around. "You should have seen the fish. I caught a five foot barracuda, dozens of smaller varieties, and a cod. It was a good day. Then this guy came around and ate one of the fish I had on the line, so I had to wrestle it. Merchant in town said he could not pay for it, so I brought it here."

The metal man's head shifted back to the shark, which tilted his head at. What was he going to do with this?

Dapper Seeker

Walking to the table Copperkey kept a noticeable distance from the shark's teeth. It didn't stop her from marveling at the creature though. Her feet continued to pace, she made a half-circle from one side and then back to the other, head tilting to take in the detail of the body, tail and head.

"I've never seen one before." She smirked. "I never really thought I would. So you say he wouldn't pay you anything for it? I wonder if its common to catch sharks then...or rather, none at all. If there isn't a market for them they wouldn't know what to do with it...Um..."

She turned to Quixote.

"What...exactly do you plan to make of it?"

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

"Not sure. There is always dinner, to be sure, but sharks have other uses too. For example, their cartilage can be used for Kaposi's sarcoma, a type of cancer, arthritis, psoriasis, intestine inflammation... The skin makes good sandpaper, and the teeth are sharp, so they could make good tools. Or, as it seems to be popular nowadays, we could make necklaces out of them and sell them for extremely overpriced profit." Quixote crossed his arms as he began to think of the possibilities.

Dapper Seeker

The young lady took in Quixote's words with a deep fascination. She truly had no idea how many ways a shark could be used. It was astounding! And to think, she'd always thought them to be the none so gentle giants of the waters. Just minding their own business until they found a meal...

"It would make very good bait in the forest, too." She added, admiring the large set of pearly whites that hung slightly outside of the dead creature's mouth. The young lady dared to go closer, her fingers slowly and carefully making their way to the shark's tail. She barely tapped the side of it. Then, grew braver still and let her hand linger for a second more. All the while that smile of hers was growing brighter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games