Welcome to Gaia! ::

To keep the thread moving, you have 48 hours to reply to the posting order if it's your turn, or if you have a partner waiting on you.

If you do not post, the next person is free to continue along! 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 5 ]
Please alert rpers in OOC thread if you will be absent for a few days. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Thank you kindly! <3 0.64705882352941 64.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]

Albie put the dish in the oven and leaned against the counter. "Ye couldnae exactly turn intae a cat by choice. Ah woods need tae illicit a certain… reaction it ay ye." He crossed his arms. "Don't go introducin yerself tae me. Mebbe Ah have yer name wrong, but yer mah friend e'en if Ah don't seem tae be yoors anymair."

(( Uh, if you have a hard time reading it, I can… stop… ))
-the male would come down from upstairs, stepping lightly in his cargo pants and white sweat shirt. He was trying a new look, but his wife was nowhere to be found to ask about the change. He heard the sounds of conversation and moved to investigate-

"Hello?"

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

WyattEchlion

((Chi~ I see you online, do you remember when I told you Miss Copperkey was gonna open a new RP place? It's open and there's an OOC tread too. That's where we've all migrated too. I'll give you the links if you want or look up my post history.))

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

((I miss you Copperkey Cafe~!
User Image))

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

"You didn't survive. You were never meant to survive but she acted quickly." The mellow tone of a tiny brunette broke the silence between the two. The quirky but quiet blonde sat beside her younger sibling, resting on an old worn out porch. Her little emerald eyes calmly watched the overgrown grass of the lawn sway with the breeze.

Sanya, the short and petite teen with two little furry black feline ears atop her lightly blonde scalp, an anxious matching cat tail and the motionless cloth sleeves by her side, had traveled back to her home. It had been a long two years since she last set foot upon the quaint wooden boards of the Copperkey Cafe.

The cafe was left abandoned.

The owner, a motherly copper haired magician had somehow been sucked through a mirror to some unknown plane of existence and with her disappearance people slowly began to wander away from the cafe. The wooden features of the cafe had grown a cover of dust and the foliage became untamed and smothered the building with it's green grasp.

The girl felt like she needed to return, she felt an ending in her mind and all her mind could wrestle was the thought of home, of the cafe. She wasn't surprised to meet her younger sibling here, as the sister had passed away long ago back in their home country but was suddenly brought back to help Sanya through turmoils she faced at the cafe.

Yoshika, the youngest Litvyak sister, her spirit had remained at the cafe, possibly for one last reason and it seemed that day was finally ready to take place. The plucky blonde leaned against her sister, gently resting her head on a comfortable shoulder. "Sooooo... how much time do I have left?" Sanya's voice rang concerned but yet oddly relaxed. Deep down, she knew the answer but she no longer feared the unknown, there was no other way but to accept what she was about to hear.

"That all depends. For most people... those that are alive, they never see you, they never hear you, you do not exist. For those that remember you, you are fading, like the warm breath against a cold window. For those that hold you dear in their hearts, you are like a falling blossom, while they can see you, you are vivid and bright but soon you will fall to the ground, out of their view." Sanya smiled at the flower reference, it invoked memories of when the two were growing up and she answered her sister with a light giggle.

"That was papa's nickname for me-" Her emerald eyes glanced at the younger, "My little Sanya blossom. When you allow yourself to be out there for people, you are beautiful and happy, turning frowns to smiles. As quickly as you bloomed, you suddenly retract back into the green shell where you can't be noticed." It was true, Sanya had always been one way or the other, hot or cold, bright or dark.

The blonde gently dug her chin into the younger's shoulder, another memory remembered clearly wrote across her face. "You remember what papa used to call yo-" The brunette did not turn to face Sanya but her lips quickly snapped a reply out, "I remember, there's no need to talk abou-" "Hamster!" The brunette sighed heavily, causing her eldest sister to let out another squeaky chuckle.

"Because you were so tiny and cute! Then when you'd get out of the bath your hair would be all frizzled and he said you look like a hamster!" It was a memory that would have caused both the sisters to laugh for days but Yoshika not quite being mortal made her emotions quite dull. She cleared her throat, continuing the explanation of Sanya's transition.

"Your arms were the only thing that were supposed to be left after the attack. The dark energies from the blade used to cut them off would eventually allow a darker evil to grow from the limbs and live in your existence. Copperkey acted quickly, she stored your arms in a magical sealed box which some how allowed you to continue living.... or so they thought. You had died. It just wasn't your time. So the love they had for you in their hearts, you existed to them, you were alive in their eyes, just not to the rest of the world." It's a depressing feeling to hear you don't exist, to be all alone even though there's many many people around you.

She may have been a little clumsy but Sanya was intelligent enough to know what her sister was talking about. "So I lived for awhile... but as the people who loved me started to fade out of my life, so did my own spirit?" The brunette nodded, though quickly corrected one matter, "Not spirit, your physical form." Sanya raised up to look out across the lawn and into the dieing forest. "Will it hurt?"

Even though Sanya was older than her darker haired sibling, Yoshika had always been the more mature one. The smarter one and as the quirky little blonde liked to tease, the boring one. Yoshika knew this was it, the last time she'd help her sister before they both faded away to wherever spirits go. "No. You, like papa always said, are a falling blossom. You will just fade away to everyone. They will go about their lives and if one would happen to stop and look closey, they might see a glimpse of you but only for a moment."

For the time, the words were halted as the girls remained happy just to watch the nature before them. Sanya would occasionally kick her feet at the edge of the porch, shrugging her shoulders to make the empty sleeves bounce around. "That sounds... peaceful."

"Everything is going to be ok, Sanya."

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bay wandered the abandoned halls of the Copperkey Cafe, everything was covered with dust and everything brought back memories of his old family and friends. Memories had returned years after the old place closed and it took him a long time to find his way home, but he was back. "Why are you here bay?" Bob called from his skull quietly. "This is my home Bob let me enjoy my memories in peace." His heart broke thinking of the memory loss he suffered and how that hurt the people he loved. Bay found his way to his old room and crawled out the window to the roof leaving the skull on a dusty dresser. The sound of the waves hit his ears as he quietly watched the sunset in the distance.

Dapper Seeker

Crimson droplets scattered across scraped knuckles. Ivory locks twisted and whipped in high winds, nipping at fresh cuts on pale cheek bones. The young woman shielded her emerald gaze and bit into her lip. Blinding white lights pelted against her arms and legs at breakneck speeds, ripping through her and bouncing against her frame. She hesitated a moment, slipping backwards by feet, and pushed forward again.

The exit... The exit has to be-

She breathed in deep and concentrated. Bruised fingers reached out and felt solid wood. A door! She lunged forward, her full weight landing dead center, and felt metal beneath her palm. She clenched the handle and-

-------------------------------------------------

It was a sweltering evening at the Coppery Key Cafe. And yet rain poured outside and across the Azure Plain. The floorboards of the porch merged with dust and water, creating puddles of muck and old cobwebs. Inside the building, the once polished floors were riddled with old soot from weary travelers who'd passed on through and used the place for shelter. But now it was, for the most part, empty. The gentle pitter pat of droplets cascaded across the panes. And, quite suddenly, a light focused from underneath a room that hadn't been opened in years.

The Study's large, sturdy door ripped right off its frame and careened over tables and chairs, splintering pieces of antique furniture along paneled walls. A dazzling flash consumed each corner and cranny of the complex, flooding it in an aura of colors and shades. Finally it disolved, leaving only a solitary creature in its wake.

A lady lay face first on the ground, her body quivering from the sudden entrance she'd produced. Her shabby clothes barely managed to hold onto their hem lines. Her knees quivered as they made to hold weight and gave out. And there the ivory haired lass lay for several minutes, making tiny puff clouds of dust in her rasping breaths.

"Finally..." She whispered, managing to push a few strands back behind an elven ear.

Invisible Friend

10,525 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Megathread 100
Tyeal had been walking for what had seemed like an eternity, day and night flew over his head as quick as a heart beats wet thump in a mans chest. He didn't know where he was going or why he was walking all he knew is that he went where his feet lead him and they had been taking him somewhere for a long time. Tyeal had come from a place of death and shadows a home of beatings and strict punishment, discipline was everything he was taught.

Tyeal lifted his head his sensitive ears picked up the sound of something heavy breaking, he didn't know why now he roused from his sleep like walk but he knew there had to be a reason. He lowered his black hood and looked around him, it was late close to midnight he could tell. A short distance from him he could see a small building with a faint glow slipping out of the curtains the front doors were gone which he figured was the cause of the sound.

Tyeal turned his body slightly before spinning and dropping to his knees, as he dropped he disappeared in a black mist appearing in front of the broken front door of the building. He had read a sign prior knowing now the building name was, "The Copper Key Cafe". No what concerned Tyeal more was the elf woman laying on the ground inside the cafe.

"Are you in need of assistance...?" He asked, his voice quiet yet emanating his presense even to those who are deaf.

Most people feared his presense, his black eyes with white pupils were unnatural and wrong, the weapons that adorned him were sharp and smelled of dryed blood like his black clothing that wrapped around him like his own shadow. It is not like he wanted to scare people he was past the times where he commited murderous deeds and dangerous acts, but the skills never leave.

Dapper Seeker

Aceir

It felt like an eternity, laying on the cool, dusty surface of the parlor. And the lady in tatters might have remained there for the rest of her days had a presence not surfaced nearby. It was outside. Something faint. Or was it strong? And was it her own power that was fading? It mattered not. So long as she remained still, perhaps it would-

That flicker of power vanished and, to the lady's horror, reappeared just feet from her dishelved frame. She pushed off the floor in seconds and managed to stand, emerald flames dancing behind her gaze.

"You-" Her lips tipped open. She paused. "Oh. Oh, you're not-"

The room spun. To her knees she spilled, a pool of ivory strands and laughter.

"Ha! I did make it. And you. You're not one of them."

She tilted her head up and allowed sunlight to filter into her smile.

"Oh. I'm so glad its you."

And then her eyes refocused. Their warmth drained. Here stood a man before her that had weapons. And from his aura, most certainly knew how to use them. She drew in a breath.

"Hum. I suppose it depends upon the... Assistance you provide."

Invisible Friend

10,525 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Megathread 100
The Copper Key

He observed her quick movement to stand, and the sudden surge of power that poured out of her, he could feel other presenses around him but he disregarded them for the time. Tyeal didn't know why he was brought here nor the purpose of this meeting only that this woman now peeked his interest.

He pursed his lips momentsrilly before he replied, "I am capable of a great... many things it all depends on what you need at the time.." He paused he smiled slightly, "I was once Elven like your self... I payed a steep price for what I became..." He waved his hand from his forehead to his torso, "Alas I left all that behind and wandered in a dream like state for a long time... Now I stand before you just as confused as you are... " Tyeal finished his quiet voice trailing off.

He was taught many things when he was growing up, magic in the day time, killing in the night time. His body required no sleep anymore even though he could if he pleased. He wished to know more and more why he stood here now... for it would solve a great many questions that he had when he started his wanderings.

Dapper Seeker

Aceir

The lady tilted her head and listened, gulping in his appearance, demeanor and tone with every word and simple gesture. If she had understood him as well as she thought... He posed her no harm. Currently. And knew not why he'd come to the cafe.

"That's well and good, one could suppose. So long as you aren't here to test your mettle or do me wrong." She mused, moving a raw knuckle to her temple. She rubbed, wincing. "If you've no reason to do myself or this place any ill... I could very much require your services. Here. Off me your arm. I can't walk an inch further to save my life."

She extended her hand toward him, those green eyes bloodshot beyond the iris. Had he looked closely, he might have even noticed that palm of hers trembling. It certainly wasn't from fear, oh no.

If he wanted to kill me he's already been given ample opportunity...

"I would like some help over to the chaise near the fireplace. It... is familiar."

Invisible Friend

10,525 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Megathread 100
The Copper
r4kevfyp:0="The Copper Key]

He moved to her with a quick step placing his forearm in her shaking hand, her grip was tight and he admired that for she seemed very tired at the time. Tyeal walked her over to the fire place and sat her gently down where she had asked to be placed. Tyeal then stood off to her right avoiding the brightness of the fireplace it stung his sensitive eyes but he didn't show it, he always refrained from weakness to appear strong and collected even in the worst situations.

"You are in a terrible state currently elf, what has caused you such pain?" He asked removing a scroll from a pouch that hung between the two blades on his back, and began to write inside it with a small black piece of calk in a pouch on his forearm. He then tucked it back in his pouch and produced a small red velvet bag filled with herbal medicine and tea leaves. "I have a tea formula that may be able to restore some of your energy if need be..." He continued.

Tyeal had a great many pouchs across the thin leather that covered most of his body except for his chest which was crisscrossed with grey scars from countless encounters from times he could barely remember now.

Dapper Seeker

Aceir

Once settled on the chaise, the lady stretched her four limbs out in front of her as far as they would go and fell back. The lumpy cushions let out an awkward puff of dust. She waved the small flecks away and, for his kindess, the man was awarded another smile.

"Do you really care to know? Or are you being polite? You're the first person I've seen since I was able to break free of that cursed place, so I am feeling generous either way. And tea would be exquisite. If I remember... That back door there?"

The poor dear raised a bruised arm and pointed toward the far end of the room where an old pastry showcase, cashier stand, stairwell, and another door lay. Her finger pointed toward the door.

"That leads to a kitchen if you need to make use of it. Though... To be honest? I'm not really sure of its condition. I think... It has been a long time since I was last here."

Invisible Friend

10,525 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Megathread 100
The Copper Key

"When someone needs my assistance, I make a sworn vow in my scroll I will complete the task, no matter how small or large the task might be..." Tyeal paused straightening up his posture, "...It is a tradition I will never forego..."

Tyeal looked in the direction thst she had pointed out he took a single step backwards into the shadows and reappeared infront of the door she had told him. He pushed open the door that creaked loudly causing him to cringe. The kitchen was fairly large for the building, the counter tops were covered in a thick dust, he walked quietly in and closed his eyes for a moment. when he reopened them he looked at a cabinet at the opposite end of the room. Once again disappearing into the shadows he appeared beside it and opened up the cabinet.

Inside were many pots and pans, he moved some aside and fetched a small teakettle from the back. He looked over his shoulder at a small kindling stove he could use to his advantage. He appeared in front of it, setting the kettle next to the stove. There was no wood he could use near by so he would resort to his magicks. He brought his hand up pointing his index and middle finger out curling the rest below, before whispering something unintelligible.

He breathed out low and deep, with it tiny red sparks drifted down unto the ash pile where they coalesced together making a bright red flame. He grabbed the kettle and took out a water bladder and filled it half way, before place it on the fire. Then taking the Scarlett bag which had no odor until opened filled the room with a pungent scent trees and open fields of moonflowers. The scent overcame him and he felt tears drip down his face into his face mask.

Home... what had become of it now, Tyeal was sure they were dead eradicated for the considered evil deeds of what they did. He slowly dumped the contents of the pouch into the kettle, and waited for a time for the tea to steep. When it was finally done and his tears stopped flowing down his face he walked back to the cabinet and pulled out two cups which he placed on a serving plate with the kettle. His scarf was damp with tears but he took no notice, then he quickly shadow stepped back into the room with the elf woman.

He placed the plate on a small table infront of her and quietly poured them both a cup of tea, then he handed her a cup and took one for himself. Pulling down his face mask revealed pale chapped lips, he toke a sip enjoying the taste of his hone tea holding back the tears and memories it brought. "This comes from my homeland lost to time now I bet, it is herbs we pick during the full moon imbued with magick that imbues energy and heightens healing properties in people." He smiled to himself before sitting crosslegged on the ground his back to the fireplace.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff