Welcome to Gaia! ::

To keep the thread moving, you have 48 hours to reply to the posting order if it's your turn, or if you have a partner waiting on you.

If you do not post, the next person is free to continue along! 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 5 ]
Please alert rpers in OOC thread if you will be absent for a few days. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Thank you kindly! <3 0.64705882352941 64.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 399 400 401 > >> >>> »|

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Clank, clank, clonk. The metallic knight stopped at the porch, looking down at Key and her work. For him, it was a beautiful thing, being able to grow life, even if Key did not seem to be the best at it. The man came down the steps, then kneeled down besides the woman and examined her plants. "For such a wonderful magic user, your plants are surprisingly not lively, my dear maiden. You realize that using magic is not cheating, yes? That's how many forests that I have seen maintain themselves."

He began to ponder the thought. Was it cheating? The plants had found a spring of magic and used it to their advantage. Was this not the same as finding a resource and using it? Ore, clay, trees, fire, magic, etc.; these were all resources found and used by humans to further their own society and lives. Why couldn't plants do the same?

Dapper Seeker

(Good evening!^^)

Up the lady went, turning her head toward the mechanical sire and catching the setting sun in her eye as consequence. She shielded her green gaze quickly, chuckling at her own unconscious actions. The brunette dusted off her hands and rose to her feet, picking some of the loose soil from under her finger nails. Yard work was always such tedious business, but such wonderful exercise!

"You're absolutely right." She smiled warmly. "I just...Oh, I don't know... I've always wanted to keep a plant the way they do on my home world. Without the use of magic. I just feel so...so..."

The words failed to find themselves to her lips and instead she let out another chuckle and began to head toward the porch steps. Her eyes lingered on her dear customer and she swept through his words one more time.

"I really should use magic on them for the betterment of the establishment, hm?" She finished.

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Realizing that he might have offended the young woman, Quixote stood and began to follow Key inside, slowly. Looking back at the plants, the knight stood on the steps and stared at them for a moment. "Perhaps not, milady Clostra. If it is the traditions of your home world, then one must simply learn to account for them and improve upon their own ability. For example, my analysis of the soil leads me to believe that there are not enough nutrients for them to grow. Perhaps new fertilizer and a large helping of water would do them some good."

He was trying to be sympathetic, and hoped that he did not go too far in commenting. The knight was merely trying to be helpful, and maybe his advice would be of some use. "I make this offer. The next time you head to town, I shall accompany you and analyze fertilizers for you, thus finding the perfect soil for your daisies."

Dapper Seeker

Watching Quixote was quickly becoming a fun pastime for the lass with copper hued hair. She studied him a moment, her grin widening. It really was a fine thing to be in good company and the gentleman before her did convey a kindness in his words that she felt somehow soothing. With Raske, then Hanami, and Quixote...well, she counted her blessings for the people that had wandered through the cafe's doors.

"That would be absolutely wonderful!" she beamed, running her fingers through the tangles of her hair. "Perhaps when I go and get some more ingredients for food."

Her hands found their way to the rail and she climbed the steps, gesturing with her head for the two of them to go inside.

"I don't tell this to just anyone, but.." Her eyes whipped back and forth, a sly grin crossing her golden lips. "Truthfully, there is no magic in my world. Not what we can practice in these parts of the dimensions anyway. I was just born inept when it comes to plants. But give me a good book, oh...I can keep the tales within its pages alive for ages!"

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

"Truly?" The metallic man mused, looking down at the young woman. He crossed the porch and opened the door for Key, then walked in after her. Many people simply did not know how to use magic, such as himself, but it was surprising to hear that it did not exist in a different dimension. Perhaps it should not have been.

"Quite interesting. That brings a few tales to mind. Particularly of a man named Ulrith, his wife, Mokona, and their daughter, Momo. Strange family, that one. Or perhaps their cousin, Venturai... All good tales in their own rights. Then there is also the tale of the troll mage I once met... Too many to count, really." The man sort of chuckled, each one heavy and dark.

Dapper Seeker

"Sir Quixote!" She encouraged. "You must tell me of at least one of them! Simply stating only the basics isn't fair! I love to hear the ventures of adventurers as they pass through my doors."

Her pleading was in fun, but it was all very true. If she had one request for anyone that had cared to stop in for tea, it was that they told her a story. And here she had hit the jackpot. Making her way through the door as Quixote led them in she paused for him and then motioned toward a table.

"I would make us a pot of tea and you could consider letting me in on one of your excursions?" She continued to implore and then frowned. "Oh...unless of course they are too personal, of course. I don't mean to be rude."

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

"Indeed, I must then. I could never refuse a fair maiden's request. Allow me a moment to think of something appropriate. Go ahead and start the tea, if you would. Same as yesterday for me, please." Quixote sat down in his magically reinforced chair, then interlaced his fingers in thought. As the knight tilted his head to one side, steam hissed from the exhaust pipes.

((Might take a bit.))

Dapper Seeker

(Apologies, I didn't mean to put you on the spot^^; )

The young lady's face lit up with amusement as she watched her patron take a seat in the chair from the night prior. She herself then continued to the back of the parlor and into the kitchen, a tune heavy on her lips. Her hands rose up to the cupboard again and she closed her green eyes once more. Popping open the door she reopened them and spotted the PG Tips. Her hands made to grab at them and then she stopped with a scowl.

"I forgot to wash up! How rude of me!" She looked over to the sink and then sighed. No, no, she really did need a shower after all her hard work. It wasn't right to be serving in the kitchen in the manor she was. And so the young lady tip toed to the back door, conveniently connected to the very same room she was in and headed out.

It was just a moment, when one of her irises turned silver, the other obsidian. And then the young lady's hands began to glow faintly. She put them atop her head, breathed in and the let out a rush of air from her lips. Her hands flew down her front and the dirt, grime, green residue raced down her body with them. And then as her hands stopped at her feet all the debris dropped to the ground. She gave a satisfied nod and then wandered back in, picking up the tea and setting up the kettle.

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Looking over at Key as she finished the tea and came back, the knight nodded lightly, then took the mug, sticking out a pinky as was only proper. Bringing it up to the grooves in his face plate, he poured the liquid down them, and it seemed as if he had truly drunken it. There was no spilt tea on his armor, and a release of steam quickly accumulated and released itself from the exhaust. "Delicious. Now, for my tale. As we were discussing plants earlier, my thoughts turned to the fair maiden of the Sylvari. I mentioned that forests have a way upon drawing magic from the earth and renewing themselves from it, yes?"

He brought the tea back to his "lips" again, taking his time. A good story was not something to be rushed. "Well, my tale begins in such a forest. I had recently transformed into my current self, and the search for the truth of my past had guided me towards a town of brigands. After dealing with some troubles there involving a living skeleton and his departed friend, I escaped into the forest, earnest to learn more of my history." Another sip, another gush of steam. It seemed as if the knight was getting into a rhythm.

"Well, as my body needs a surprising amount of rest, I took a nap in the forest, believing it to be empty and tranquil. Tranquil, yes, but empty, it certainly was not. When I awoke, a fair maid in pure white sat beside me, apparently having been examining me through the night. Except, she was not a human maiden, but rather a plant." The knight put down his mug, then looked straight in Key's eyes.

"She was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Her body was that of a white rose, her petals flowing downwards into a beautiful white dress with light yellow markings at the bottoms. Her skin was also very lightly yellow, and her eyes were the purest green I have ever seen. The maiden had no hair, but rather ended in a small, white rose, which almost made it look like an elaborate bun, and three stamen. Her hands were delicate, fragile, yet calming and gentle. Her eyes saw through me, as if she knew exactly who I was and where I belonged in this world. Even as I awoke, she did not stir, and neither did I. Something about her made me feel at peace, a feeling I had not encountered in many a year."

The man stopped to take a long sip of his tea. His monocled eye wandered out one of the windows towards the setting sun in the distance. If he had had emotions on his face, what would they be? Longing? Love? Loneliness? Only the story could tell more.

"She took my hand and told me who she was. Her name was Vishnou, and she was the avatar of what her people called the 'Pale Tree.' She guided them and told them stories, moral lessons, how to live, and gave them dreams. You see, the Pale Tree was, in a sense, the Sylvari people's Mother. Ah, to clarify, all the Sylvari were different types of plant humanoids. Vishnou spoke for their Mother, saying what the Pale Tree wished to say to their people. The Pale Tree also seemed to be able to give each of the Sylvari their own dream, which would become their purpose in life. For Vishnou, it was to lead her people and peacefully coexist with all life. For a Sylvarian man I met, whose species and name was Crocus, his dream spoke of the hunting of a large dragon. Each of the Sylvari had their own, personal dreams, of course."

((I love writing stories, so it is no problem. =) ))

Dapper Seeker

It was a wise choice that Copperkey had decided to take a seat across from Quixote, her honey hued fingers clasping upon one another just underneath her chin. She rested upon them, the emerald in her eyes beginning to dance as his tale formed. Had she not, she registered that she would have allowed herself to sit on the floor at his side, as she did as a child when someone weaved words that ensnared her senses. As her patron spoke the young lady turned her attention only to offer to refill his mug before she set down the teapot once more.

She dare not speak a word, for fear she would interrupt his train of thought. And her body relaxed in the embrace of the little table chair around her. To hear of such people, part of a nature, made her breath in deep. How she wished she could meet them! Were they of this world? Or another? And what had happened next between Quixote and Vishnou?

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Quixote allowed Key to refill his drink, then took a sip before letting out another gasp of steam. From inside his body, the sounds of gears whirring would reach Key's ears, and a compartment opened from the metal man's stomach. Reaching inside, the man pulled out an old, leather-bound journal, which was worn by time and hardship. Opening up the book, he flipped to a page, apparently knowing its location by heart, for he did not even take time to look for it. "She was kind enough to let me sketch her. Some day, I intend to make it into a painting." The large man handed Key the journal, allowing her to look.

"I spent the next three months in that village, learning about Vishnou and her people, and I came to discover that they had become like a family to me. And Vishnou... She and I became very close. She marveled at how my entire body is built up of machines, while I marveled at how the Sylvari people were grown as plants. They are born like fruit, I should say. The grow in a fruit for many, many years as they mature, then are given dreams in the fruit to learn who they are and how they should live. They are born fully grown and ready for the world." Placing the mug gently down on the table, he rested for a moment.

"Vishnou became interested in me for more than my machinery, and I looked at her as more than a friend. However, I was afraid. My metal body did not belong in such a fantastical and mystical world of nature. Where would I take place in their society, a man who had no dream, no purpose, and no one to guide me. I began to feel alone. However, Vishnou comforted me, stayed with me at nights, and always demanded that I stay with her at all times. When she admitted her love for me, I became even more frightened. Would her people suffer because of such a relationship? How could a plant live with a machine? She was the leader and voice of her people. I could not allow her to remain with me. She did not agree, but instead said it was time for me to go. The Pale Tree had apparently known what was to come, and warned her of the day when I had to leave. But, she also said that I would be back, and Vishnou would be waiting for me. And that, as the saying goes, is that."

Dapper Seeker

Someone could have counted to ten by the time Copperkey decided to allow air back into her empty lungs. Her eyes had grown heavy and pale, the lass begged the tears not to flow. Instead she focused on the sketch that had been handed to her and the beautiful figure that lay within. Seeing Vishnou there, feeling the gentle marks making up her frame... Key's bottom lip quivered by the end of the tale, which she quickly hid by rising to her feet and refilling the mug.

"You...you really know how to..." She stopped herself as her voice began to crack. Then, placing the pot back down and re-seating herself she began again. "Really know how to tell to a good story. Thank you... Thank you for tell me."

Her fingers traced over the lines one more time before the young magician raised the journal up and slowly, carefully handed it back over to Quixote's care.

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

Quixote nodded lightly and took the journal, placing it back in the compartment in his stomach. A gentle hand reached over and slowly shifted a few loose strands of hair behind the young woman's ear, then was placed on her shoulder. "Sometimes, it is appropriate to cry. However, this is a happy tale. The Pale Tree knows all, past, present, and future. If the Pale Tree says that I will come back to Vishnou, then I will. She did not give any details, as is tradition, for one may only learn the necessary and proper stories of one's life, but I do know... Perhaps in my mechanical excuse for a heart, that I will find her again, and we will be together for a very long time."

Dapper Seeker

Key let out a puff of air as she wiped away her tears, half a laugh and half a little sigh of relief. She had almost thought...thought that dear Vishnou and Quixote would never have the chance... Oh, she was never happier to be so wrong! Though she'd only met the gentleman a little while and had only heard of this flowered lady once her heart reached out to them both and their future happiness together. Quietly Copperkey's own hands came up and wrapped themselves around Quixote's gentle palm.

"I've never wanted to believe in something more. I hope that day comes so much sooner rather than a later." She chuckled softly. "Even if it means losing a wonderful customer and fast-forming friend in the process."

Interesting Citizen

User Image

Sir Quixote

The metal man gave off his dark, heavy chuckle, then looked into Key's eyes. "Well, I am positive that you could visit, when I do depart. Or, perhaps Vishnou will be given leave to explore the world? I do not know. But that is the exciting part of it, hm? I know that whatever I decide, whatever I do, I will always find my Vishnou and be happy. Now." Quixote took his hand away to lift up his mug, then drank heartily from its contents.

"I believe it is your turn for a story. Or perhaos you could tell me of your history?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff