Welcome to Gaia! ::

To keep the thread moving, you have 48 hours to reply to the posting order if it's your turn, or if you have a partner waiting on you.

If you do not post, the next person is free to continue along! 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 5 ]
Please alert rpers in OOC thread if you will be absent for a few days. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Thank you kindly! <3 0.64705882352941 64.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

((ignore that, not here anymore))

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
((ok will do, have a good night))

Bay yawned more used to waking in the strange place called Copper Key Cafe. It seemed he had slept most of the day, and the wind howled against his window as he dressed himself. Bay preferred the lateness of his awakening, it meant he would be able to explore without bumping into to many new faces. Bay quickly headed into the hall and then down the stairs into the main area of the cafe.
(Anyone still here?)

Bear came in through the kitchen door, crunching on a rather large leg with meat still dripping blood on the floor. His head held high, and his walk was more of a strut as he began to dane his way around the bar and up the stairs. The past few days he hadn't been too hungry, and he had been delivering food up to Skye as she healed. It was time to treat himself. If he had the thumbs, he would have grabbed the leftover skinned rabbit in the fridge, but he just couldn't reach it nor open the door. Instead he opted to hunt down a rabbit, but was instead ganged up on by a pack of three wolves.

This was an easy win for him, and easy killed one of the three, scaring off the others and destroying the carcass of the third, saving only the parts with the best meat. It was the leg he chomped on now, as he took a comfortable seat near the dying fire and ate with enjoyment.
(Startin to feel like this guy just really doesn't wanna rp with me -__- )

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
((I do want to rp with you but in the middle of HW and can only make short posts, I am in the ooc if you wanna talk there but until I'm done I can't RP it's a bit to distracting.))

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Instead of brooding of Caellum's disappearance, she decided to do what Miss Copperkey had hired her to do to begin with. Sanya needed to take care of the cafe, still wearing her festive valentine's apparel she came down the stairs and into the dining hall. Her eyes darted around the room taking a quick glance of the things she might need to do. The first obvious thing to do was to give all the tables and counter tops a good wipe down.

Easier said than done she thought, eventually deciding on the most obvious way. Sanya would pull a chair next to each table and climb up on it, sitting on the back rest. While holding a damp rag with her toes she would very carefully extend her leg out and to clean the table tops while using her other foot to apply pressure down on the front of the chair as to not tip over. What should have taken ten to maybe fifteen minutes to do managed to take Sanya almost a full hour. It wasn't the most efficient plan but Sanya didn't exactly feel like getting a concussion from falling off of a chair today.

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Sanya stood in the middle of the parlor, her back and legs sore from holding herself up while she cleaned. She was satisfied though, proud of a job well done but there was much more to do. Now her eyes shifted to the floor, it wasn't too bad but still needed a good cleaning. Looking through a small closet she found a mop... an old straggly mop but she figured it would do the job well enough.

"Sooo... how to do this." After some thought Sanya figured a crude way of doing it would be more productive than sitting there staring at the floor. Pinching a folded dry towel under her chin Sanya placed it over the end of the mop handle. As tight as she could squeeze she would hold onto the towel and mop handle under her right arm. With no way of turning she was forced to just push the mop in a straight line down the room. Back and forth with occasionally using her foot to reposition it around chairs and tables. Like the tables, cleaning the floor this way wasn't efficient but she had finished and the floor glinted with a slight dampness. Sanya had felt like she had ran a marathon, her whole body ached. Crashing down onto the couch she beamed with a bright and proud smile. The cafe, her home, was looking good but there was still more to do.
-The male would come from downstairs, his crutches thumping the floor a bit. He was slightly miffed that h was taking so long to heal, but he could guess why. He'd used the power of his demon, and it was probably causing his natural speed healing to not work as it should. The male came to a stop at the main room of the cafe and looked at Sanya on the couch-

"You did a fine job cleaning without the use of your arms Little Sanya."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

"Oh! Chi!" Sanya who had been resting her eyes for a second was slightly startled by the voice echoing throughout the quiet dining hall. She jumped up and slightly bowed at him. "Thank you, it took a lot longer than I thought. Come, sit! You seem to still be in rough shape. I can go get you something real quick if you'd like."
-The male would shake his head as he moved towards the couch and sat down-

"No no, that's quite alright. I'm not really requiring anything."

-The male would look at Sanya and her empty sleeves, his brow wrinkling in thought-

"You know... I... might be able to give you a temporary fix to your arm problem... until a permanent one can be found..."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

She was sort of taken back by his words, she hadn't really thought it to a be a problem to be fixed but rather something she would learn to accept. Timidly she twisted her foot on the floor, blushing slightly, "I'm not... I don't really think it can be fixed." She held up her arms watching the sleeves drop to the side. "I'm grateful for the offer but I think it's best... I just learn to adapt, this is my life now. Plus, don't you think it's unique that we're probably the only place where the hostess who serves people has no arms!" She flashed him another bright smile, it really wasn't bothering as much to think or even talk about it now.
-The male would blink slightly in confusion, then close his eyes and shake his head slightly-

"This universe... no... this plane of existence, is full of strange beings."

-He would look at her thoughtfully-

"I'm sure it can be fixed. Just like my body's injuries, or Skylar's, your arms can be returned to you. If you choose them to, that is up to you."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Sanya wiggled her little black cat ears atop of her head at Chi. "I know these say otherwise but I am human. We aren't supposed to be able to change things on a whim to suit our needs. Sometimes you just have to deal with it. I've seen people in a lot worse shape than myself during the war so it's not so bad. I may have lost my arms but at least nothing happened to my pretty face, right Chi!" She said it more as a statement than a question, not allowing him to protest her own opinion about herself.

Still slightly winded from the work Sanya slid up on a bar stool facing Chi. "I know it's silly, probably stupid too. With people like yourself and Miss Copperkey I could probably very easily get them back but I don't know if I could accept it. There's no natural way of getting them back and I think I'm ok with that."
-The male would pause and then nod to himself-

"Yup, very very strange beings."

-The male would sigh and stand with the help of his crutches-

"Except it at your own pace, but know that if you do, you will never again live the same life. You will never be able to embrace those you love with your own arms, or feel the feeling of sand as it slides between your fingers, nor be able to run your fingers through the hair of your loved ones, and feel it..."

-The male would bow his head slightly, the shadows of his fallen hair hiding his blank eyes-

"I... know what this feels like..."

-Then he would straighten and look at her-

"If this is your wish, by all means. But if you should ever wish to have them back... I am here."

-The male would then move to the door of the cafe and go outside, moving to one of the porch chairs to sit in the coming night-

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Sanya followed him without questioning whether or not he'd want her companionship any longer. The air was still chilly but her ruffled dress and sleeves were warmer than she thought. She leaned against the wall behind where Chi was sitting, blowing the breathe out of her mouth and watching the cold take it away. "What you said just not, sounded pretty mean. I didn't get upset though and thought about it, you're a little crude but you are wise Mister Chi. I know there will be a lot I cannot do but everything you just said, I can do. I can hug my friends and I even take care of my own hair. I just do it all with my feet now..."

She giggled to herself, "Well I guess they'd have to be pretty close friends to let me do that now but I understand, some people just aren't comfortable with how I do things now." She thought it best to change subjects, acceptance was one thing but constantly talking about her missing arms wasn't the most comforting subject. "How are you doing Mister Chi? I'm a little surprised to see you still in this shape honestly."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff