Welcome to Gaia! ::

To keep the thread moving, you have 48 hours to reply to the posting order if it's your turn, or if you have a partner waiting on you.

If you do not post, the next person is free to continue along! 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 5 ]
Please alert rpers in OOC thread if you will be absent for a few days. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Thank you kindly! <3 0.64705882352941 64.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

"Yes I'm sure! It's a girafadoodle... thing." She reached behind her and pushed the paper back further behind her, hiding it more. "Have you seen Miss Copperkey? She's the owner and I'd like to talk to her."

Eloquent Hunter

Seph chuckled once more before standing up from his seat and stretching out his arms and torso. A giraffadoodle eh? He had never heard of those either, but he was sure he wanted to see one, if they even existed. But that was beside the point. After several audible pops and cracks erupted from his joints and spine he let his arms fall back down to his sides before looking to Sanya, a meschevious spark flaring in his eyes, "I can't say that I have, at least, not today," he said as started to pace around Sanya as if trying to get a glimpse of what was on that paper before stopping on the opposite side of where he had been.

"You know I've never heard of a hostess before what exactly is that?" he looked out from the corner of his eye to the girl, he was very interested in what she would say next.

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

She furrowed her brow at the man, obviously annoyed at herself for talking out loud earlier. "It's someone who isn't exactly a waitress or a cook but does a little of everything. Showing guests their rooms, cleaning up after them, getting them food and drink... when we stock the place up with food and drink."

She followed him with her eyes, slowly turning to her side, her left arm holding the piece of paper behind her back. "But who would do something like that? Not me good sir, I was drawing! A bird!"

Eloquent Hunter

Seph leaned down so he was eye level with Sanya. He remembered playing these games with his son when he was the girl's age. It had always been fun and Rhys had always been so angry when Seph Inevitably found out. It usually led to a good laugh on Seph's part.

He frowned slightly as if to show slight disappointment, "That's a shame I think you would have made a great hostess if that were the case," he said before standing up to his full height of just over six feet and walking around Sanya again as if still trying to get a glimpse of the paper, "But I suppose if you like to draw fish I can't complain."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Sanya again turned her body, following the man with her eyes. She crumbled up the paper behind her back and tossed it over to behind the bar counter. "What fish? Oh! Well I don't officially work here but is there anything I could get you?"

She got up from the bar stool and hurriedly scurried behind the bar counter. She checked the cabinets around before turning back to him, "We have water! Tap water."

Eloquent Hunter

Seph's eyes locked onto Sanya as she asked him about the fish. Well now she was sharp, he had expected her to be a bit more flustered than that. She certainly was surprising him. His friendly smile returned when she went behind the counter and he nodded to her, "I would love a glass of water, hostess Sanya," he teased before taking his seat once more. She clearly didn't want anyone to know other than Copperkey to see whatever she had been filling out, so he would drop it, though, he would probably still tease her some.

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Sanya hummed to herself as she got out a glass from behind the bar counter. Holding it up to the light she inspected it's cleanliness. "Crystal clear!" She reached down and opened up a small wooden door. It made a small humming noise, a mini-fridge. There she grabbed a couple of ice cubes and plopped them into the glass with a tinking noise.

Turning the faucet on cold she gave the water a second to reach it's temperature before holding the glass under it and filling it up about an inch away from the rim. She placed it on the counter infront of the man, proudly nodding to herself for a job well done. "Sooooo.. if you don't mind me asking... what are you? Oh! That sounded bad, I don't mean it like that! I meant, ok, so most of the visitors to the cafe aren't human and I figure it's probably the same with you...?" She ended her sentence with a raised eyebrow and a quizzical look on her face.

Eloquent Hunter

Seph reached for the glass and sipped at his bevereage while she fumbled around with her question towards him. He began to chuckle, though he was on the verge of laughter, and and shook his head, "It's alright Sanya I knew what you meant. I am a half demon," he said as he set the glass of water down on the counter top, "And thank you very much for the water."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

She crossed her arms but didn't change her expression. The cafe had it's troubles with demons before, they were usually the bunch that caused issues. "Half demon... how does one become half demon?" She insisted on asking questions, as long as the visitor was talking and staying calm she figured there wouldn't be any problems.

Eloquent Hunter

Seph thought about how to answer her question. He knew the general way of doing so, but with his people the situation was... Well to be fair it was unkown just how they came about, "Well Usually when a demon and human mate, though, it's not specifically restricted to demons and humans. As for my people, we have been a culture of half demons for longer than our known recorded history. It's kind of hard to explain." He seemed to be having genuine trouble thinking of how to explain his people's origins. After all, all he and his people had were myths and bits and peices of the truth behind their own origin.

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

"So.... your father was this big ol' demon guy who came along and found a human girl and he was all 'grrr, I love you!' cause demons growl a lot. And soon was a little half demon baby named Seph!" Sanya seem satisfied with her own explanation as if it was the actual truth of how the man came to be.

"Do you have any powers or anything? Lazer eyes or claws? Because you have to leave them outside, especially claws. Yes you have to take them off."

Eloquent Hunter

Seph frowned slightly at her explenation, not a terrible guess, but not the most educated based on the things he had said. But he supposed that was simply how it was for the time being, "Well no my mother and father were both half demons," he said trying to clerify before she decided that her explenation was the absolute truth, that would be bad and could lead a series of unnecessary questions from others.

Seph then smiled at her second question and nodded to her, "I do, though, they are not the affinities I would have had if I did not become Mo'Kreath and I can't really leave them at the door they are as much apart of me as my own heart. But no, no calws."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

"Bless you. Wait.. .did you just sneeze? sounded like you did, Mo'kchoo? Or! You're chanting some spell. No spells in the dining hall!" She crossed her arms and furrowed her brow at him.

"Hmm, already half demons... is it like a curse? My parents were human, well that's a lie, my mother was a witch but that was mostly used to describe her powers." Sanya's tail swished slowly back and forth behind her, her ears twitching about atop her head.

Eloquent Hunter

Seph began laughing at her comment and, what he could only assume was a blessing of some sort. As to why she was blessing him he couldn't tell but she seemed to think he had sneezed. His laughter was as strong as his tone was and fit his handsome features nicely. It took him a small amount of time to get himself under control before he could finally respond, "No, no Mo'Kreath . We are my peoples equivilant of soilders, or warrior, or mercenaries, or adventurers and poloticians. We are many things but mostly we are elite soilders," He explained while holding back a few more chuckles.

Seph shook his head, "No, it is no curse. We simply have always been half demons for as long as even our myths tell us. We are simply a culture of half demons. We are not entirely sure how we came to be as such, simply that we are that way now."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Sanya let out a deep sigh, she uncrossed her arms and clasped them in front of her waist. It wasn't directed at the man's story but more of his life. She hated to hear about soldiers about war. "Don't you hate that life? I mean why spend your entire life fighting... it's all about pain and misery. Wouldn't you much rather enjoy the good things in life? What you are doesn't have to hold you back or make you act a certain way. You don't look like some rage induced demon from hell! You could live perfectly normal!"

Sanya had a long history with war and it didn't matter which side was right or wrong she just wanted the fighting to end.

((BTW I'm just going on the fact that you look human whee if there's any obvious demon features I can edit this))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff