Welcome to Gaia! ::

To keep the thread moving, you have 48 hours to reply to the posting order if it's your turn, or if you have a partner waiting on you.

If you do not post, the next person is free to continue along! 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 5 ]
Please alert rpers in OOC thread if you will be absent for a few days. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Thank you kindly! <3 0.64705882352941 64.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 399 400 401 > >> >>> »|

Dapper Seeker

Copperkey smiled and nodded her head, it was a great help to have Bay when there were customers about. She made a mental note to track down Hanami-chan and find out if she was still interested in the staff position. Since the day Hanami had first come through the front doors she'd not seen the young woman since. Picking up the glass the brunette began heading back to the kitchen.

"Thank you for all your help, Mr. Bay. I'll be back for my cup of tea in just a minute."

Copperkey rounded the entryway and walked across the parlor, her hand setting the cup upon the table in front of the young lady.

"Here you are. Would you like anything else?"

(Sorry for the posts, family is watching Transformers nearby and its heavily distracting^^; )

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
(it's cool)

The kitchen came alive with the sound of steam escaping the kettle. Bayvin quickly swooped in and poured the hot water over the tea leaves in the cup an then checked his pocket watch to time the steeping. After a good amount of time had passed he swooped in, removed the tea leaves and then danced into the dining room setting two cups down for him and Mrs. copperfield and then walking over to the customer. "Here you go my dear." He said with a kind smile.

((Bayvin looks like this . He always wears white gloves and sways towards with-light blue shirts and black pants and black shoes, if you were wondering.))

Dapper Seeker

(I'm going to go ahead and assume Mags had to go offline for a bit. Feel free to post when you're back on, Mags^^

@ Bayvin: Oh, good choice! I actually know him from the manga he's from. A really cool character and actually quite close to Bay's temperament^^)

Copperkey looked up at Bay, chuckling at his waltz out of the kitchen and to their company. Taking up the teacup she looked down at the warm liquid and its color. The fragrance alone had caught the young lady's genuine interest. Had she tried this flavor before? Her copper hued lips pursed and she raised it for a sip. Immediately the flavor sunk in, rich and empowering. Quite ironically, without being overpowering.

"This...oh, you were right! It's wonderful! You've got skill for sure, Mr. Tea Specialty!" She purred.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
"I've had allot of practice." Bayvin said smiling as he grabbed up his own cup and took a sip. 'absolutely prefect.' Bayvin thought to himself with a boyish smile on his face. "So my dear Mrs. Copperkey, how do you want to go about discussing my fees? " Bay said as he leaned on a high table next to her. " Understand you may want to draw up agreements and tack on house rules as well."

Dapper Seeker

"Actually..." Taking another sip, Copperkey looked back up to Bay with a cheeky grin planted on her face. She spoke, a little singsong tone hidden within her polite mannerisms.

"You needn't worry about a price for the room or the board. This is all free. I'd appreciate it truly if you wouldn't tear the place apart or make a whole lot of noise... Respect the other patrons, which I don't seem to think we have a problem with..." She chuckled. "You're good to go."

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bayvin almost sip his tea over the dinning room when she said room and board was free. "You really aren't trying to make money are you." Bayvin said jokingly. "Mind if I join you for your morning music routine?" He asked kindly, he had to leave his establishment before to play his trumpet in the morning. He never missed a morning to play for his Abigail. He suddenly felt at home as if the whole cafe had just welcomed him into it's and Mrs. Copperkey's life to stay how every long he choose. "You are perhaps the kindest person I have ever met my friend." Bayvin said his voice had drop its civility and his true, deeper voice shown through. His eyes seem to lose its sparkle for a moment, he hadn't had a home in a thousand years and he was doing everything he could to control his emotions. The minute he became truly emotion he would transform into a grey tabby cat. He'd then be stuck as a cat for a random ammount of time till he turned back human. It was quite frustrating and apart of his curse.

Dapper Seeker

It was amusing, watching Bay's reaction to her statement. Thinking back to her years at home she could understand and appreciate how he felt. If someone had told her anything similar she'd have done just about the same thing. The lady gestured for him to follow her a moment, she turned and headed toward the door near the stairwell and pushed it open.

"You really are so very welcome. As I've told a few of my other patrons, you all give to me something much more precious than money. And its something I value far more than many things the dimensions have to offer."

She entered into the study, her eyes gazing around the many stacks of books and texts. She placed her flute upon a single stand near the window and turned to see if Bay had managed to follow.

"I'd love it if you'd join me in my morning practice. The more the merrier."

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bay followed Mrs. Copperkey not trusting himself to speak, and entered the library. It was absolutely beautiful. Bay was silently practicing every single meditation techniques he knew of but it didn't stop his eyes from turning yellow. He breathed in and out in and out trying to stop the process, or at least slow it. He knew the moment Mrs. Copperkey studied his curse she would know instantly his evil deeds. The devil himself, the war criminal, the man who started the war against magic, who caused souls genocide. His true name was in every spell history book with a warning. 'Do not interact with this creature. Learn from his evil and never become him.' Bayvin breathed in and out trying desperately to slow his heartbeat.

Dapper Seeker

Copperkey was about to speak on the wonders of her study, of how she would be more than happy to share its contents with him if he had an interest in magic as she did. Which, from their prior conversations, seemed to be the case. And yet something felt odd, rather off. It stemmed from the individual that had entered the library with her. She turned and eyed Bay closely, stepping forward.

"Are you...alright?" She inquired. She could feel the threads of magic in the air and the emotions spilling onto them from Bay. Her lip frowned and her brow furrowed.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
From finding a home to being surrounded by magic again Bayvin could barely contain himself, but slowly and surely his heart rate slowed and Bayvin closed his eyes heavily breathing out. When he opened them again his eyes were crystal blue again. "I'm fine thank you for your concern. I just haven't had a home in quite some time, let alone one with some as kind and gracious as yourself." Bayvin looked around the collection of magic. The hum of magic was thick enough to tickle even Bayvin's skin, even though he no longer had any magical abilities, and the smell of old books filled his nostrils. "This is fabulous, you really have out done yourself my friend." He said back to his old self as if nothing had happened.
((sorry I barely posted. I had a bad day, and I had to go out this evening. So figure mags went to a nearby inn for tonight, but I'll catch up and post more tomorrow.))

Dapper Seeker

(No problem, I hope your tomorrow is better than how today went for you. Have a great night and feel free to stop by whenever you'd like!)

"Thanks". Copperkey had to force herself to look away from the young man, her gentle gaze taking in more than just his looks. She instead focused on the window and the setting sun. And then Key gasped. "Oh! Oh no!"

She whirled to face Bay again and bowed her head.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot an assignment I'm supposed to get done! I truly apologize, but I must leave you for now. Ark! I need you!"

From the depths of the study a single ball of fur rushed from the darkness and into Key's open arms. The silver feline peered over at Bay and with a snuff of its nose looked back to Copperkey. The magician in turn bowed once more before she disappeared.

"I'll be back as soon as I can!"

(I'm sorry, I have to go for now><; I should be back shortly if I can.)

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bayvin gave a deep bow to the cat. He had learned the proper etiquette in addressing a fellow cat over the years. The life of cats was very interesting, everything fellow cat should be treated as royalty, for they all deserve such respect. "It is a pleasure to meet you and be in your presence. " Bayvin said simply looking around. He dared not take the books from the shelves until permission from Mrs. Copperkey was given but it didn't keep him from sifting through the titles. They all jogged old memories, it made him wonder where all his old grimoires had gotten to. He had written several spell books before being cursed. It was something that didn't come to mind as often anymore, like a faded memory.
Raske made his way back a little earlier that day, mostly to rest up before a long week at sea. He had a clean newspaper in one hand and a somewhat wet newspaper in the other, wrapped around a fresh cod. He went first to the kitchen to put the fish in the icebox and make himself some tea, then meandered along the corridors to see who was around. He found Bayvin in the study and exclaimed, "Oh! Hullo! Ah think we only briefly met. Ah didnae even introduce maself." He stepped forward and held out one hand, but quickly switched it for the hand holding the mug, realizing in time that the first hand was still a bit fishy. "Albie Raske. It's ay pleasure tae make yer acquaintance."

(( Oh hey, on your character pic, if you ever want an original, I do that sort of... thing... *(for free, i mean) ))

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
((it's ok thanks though))

Bayvin took the fellows hand and shook it trying not to feel hungry. The smell of fish was just tantalizing. "It's a pleasure to make your aquitance. My name is Bayvin. I'm the new resident here, thanks tot he kind Mrs. Copperkey." Bayvin said simply letting go of the guys hand. "Did you haul in a good catch today?" Bayvin inquired as the smell of fish seemed to overwhelm everything in the study event he smell of old books.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff