Welcome to Gaia! ::

To keep the thread moving, you have 48 hours to reply to the posting order if it's your turn, or if you have a partner waiting on you.

If you do not post, the next person is free to continue along! 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 5 ]
Please alert rpers in OOC thread if you will be absent for a few days. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Thank you kindly! <3 0.64705882352941 64.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 399 400 401 > >> >>> »|

Dapper Seeker

~: Copper Key Cafe :~

User Image

Nestled amongst the rolling hills of the Azure Plains, named for the endless blue skies high above the golden grasses, a single building does stand. With windows that dance in the light of the day and sparkle quite curiously upon welcoming night, many have come to see it as more than just a humble cafe on their journey.

It is not hard to find, for its purpose is to provide relief to the weary traveler or inquisitive soul. One may seek out its pastel brilliance just at the edge of the Prism Forest, whose leaves are said to have been given a mystical purpose by a prominent magician years and years ago. Take a moment and stop by, tell your tale over a cup of tea or join us here as a guest in one of the many free rooms upstairs.

We are waiting.

Dapper Seeker

~: Welcome :~

Link To OOC Copperkey Cafe Thread

~ The Cafe ~

The Copper Key Cafe is a rather large structure off the beaten path of the Azure Plain. It hosts a variety of things, from the very front a lovely patio and in its double doors a parlor room filled with tea tables and a few couches to the side. In the back and through an entryway is the kitchen where all the delectable sweets and rich foods are created. Back in the parlor room and to the left is a door that leads to a study, grand texts and books of all kinds rest here. And to the right of the study's entrance is the stairwell that leads up to the second floor, where all the rooms for the guests and staff lay.

~ Outside ~

Following the little cobblestone road to the north leads straight into the beautiful and mystical Prism Forest. Its leaves forever shift in color, usually determined by the season. In springtime they host an emerald vibrance, tinged with a violet underbelly. At summer's arrival their brilliance transforms to that of a golden luster, the sides and veins colored silver. Autumn brings a most glorious host of hues; from indigo to maroon, copper and gold. And winter shrivels the trees into a crystal magnificence that often leads those who wander into its depths astray. Be warned, the forest is known for more than its leaves.

If one is interested in a little shopping there is a small sea-side town to the south, hosted on a peninsula. This town is called Azuresburg, known just as the plains are for the blue sky above, but also for the pristine waters surrounding it. It is a city that has chosen to remain small, with many of its residents living the life of an adventurer.

Want to peek at the world map?

User Image

Dapper Seeker

~ : Rules & Guidelines : ~

Follow the three “R's” and we'll get along just fine!~

Respect Gaia's rules.
Respect Yourself and Eachother
Respect My requests and the requests of your Peers.

~~~

Not enough rules for ya? Check here if you want a bit more detail!

Do not simply “bump” the thread. A friendly “(Hello! Just wanted to give ya a boost!)” is much nicer and allows for conversation.

Three sentences minimum when posting. You don't have to be elaborate, but three gives us a general sense of your character and their actions.

If you even think you might need to interact with another character in a way that can be interpreted as “God Moding”, ask permission from the individual involved first.

Nothing overly intimate than a cuddle or peck on the lips.

You may make an attack on someone, but only with the other user's assent. Not everyone is into battling here on Gaia.

If another individual asks you in OOC to quit something you're doing, quit it. If you have a problem with their request take it up with myself or someone in the staff currently active. If no one is active, pm me.

Use common sense and have fun! After all, that's what most of us are here for, right?

Dapper Seeker

~: The Staff :~

Follow the instruction of the individuals listed below and contact them in case of a dispute in the thread and they'll be happy to assist!

Would you like to be a part of the staff? Please contact my character in the thread or pm me!

User Image
Arro Copperkey
Keeper of the Cafe

Dapper Seeker

~: The Regulars :~

User Image
Woodspurge
Dear Albie, the one who provides not only great posts, but great artwork as well!

Those that visit us often deserve their own place on the front page!

Dapper Seeker

~: Updates & Events :~

December 8th, 2012

Sanya_Blossom has won the 100 Page Contest! Congratulations!

September 15th, 2012

Deadbird5 has won the 10K Contest! Congratulations!

------

September 3rd, 2012
First to post on page ten gets 10K!

------

September 3rd, 2012
We are open!

Dapper Seeker

~: Cafe Signatures:~

User Image

[align=center][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/copper-key-cafe/t.82107153/][IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o586/Copperkey/Signatures/CopperKeyCafe_zpsd5c5f192.jpg[/IMG][/url][/align]

~: Affiliates :~

Kiro_Shinigami
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Dapper Seeker

~: Artwork Credit :~

This post is dedicated to all the lovely artwork shown above which hosts what I depict "The Copper Key Cafe" as looking like. I don't know the artists, but would like to take a moment and thank them for their hard work and to note how beautiful the results were. Without them, the Cafe would certainly not be the same.

Thank you.

Dapper Seeker

Dapper Seeker

Up and about in the hour of the lark, Copperkey's hum was a gentle melody that played on the wind of the plains. Her fingers curled about the broomstick, she set about her daily chores with a light heart and a melody on those copper hued lips. The dust swirled about as she pushed it away, lightly coating her dark indigo waistcoat and slacks. Still, she didn't seem to mind as she continued about her work, maneuvering about the odd table and cushioned seats or the few rocking chairs dotting the patio. It was then her emerald orbs peered up and into the morning skies, finding them clear of any ill weather at the start of the day.

"I think today aims to be rather beautiful. I might be able to go down and into town to bring back some supplies." She trilled before going back to her work.

Dapper Seeker

The hushed breeze played gently across the lass' hair as she made her way down the stairs of the patio and onto the little cobblestone road. Her parasol balanced delicately in her palm, she stood in place for several minutes as she soaked up the incredible view. The hills were rolling, always rolling with the wind that set about the golden grass. It reminded Key of the ocean waves, none too far from her current station. She peered southward and to the coastline, spotting the beautiful city walls of Azuresburg only miles away.

"I wonder if the festival will start soon... It's almost fall." The lady murmured.

Dapper Seeker

As twilight began to end and the cool hours between summer and autumn set in Copperkey rose from her seat, finished her cup of tea and walked across the floorboards of the porch. Her attention swiveled to the antique knob, even knowing it would not break she couldn't help, but take her time in gently turning its ornate handle. And there it was that a blast of warm, refreshing air from inside the cafe consumed her, the delicious smells of baked goods and desserts assaulting her senses in the most delightful way.

"Time to go have some dinner!"She chimed, closing the door behind her. "I wonder if Ark is home, he's been wandering about quite a bit of late."
Well into the night, heavy footfalls sounded on the porch followed by the door swinging open and man stepping inside, clutching the collar of his coat up around his neck with one hand while the other held a shabby little suitcase. He looked immensely relieved upon entering the warm, wonderfully smelling atmosphere and revealed a set of crooked teeth.

"Hullo?" He called out while craning his neck to look around, but open seeing the parlor seemingly deserted, he followed his nose in the first instance he could use that phrase in a literal sense and wandered back towards the kitchen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff