Welcome to Gaia! ::

herp

derp 1 100.0% [ 105 ]
Total Votes:[ 105 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 133 134 135

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

Out of thin air, a shield was procured in Jak's grasp. what ever it was, it was metal. He was almost certain that either his own abnormal strength would be enough to either remove it from his path or damage it, or even straight up electricute the giant. Alas, the item as a whole was unaffected enough to begin ruining, and the metal proved to be a poor conductor of electricity. While a shock could hypothetically pack enough amps to shock Jak through the shield, Jin was ill prepared for such a feat. A couple punches out of the lot rebound off of the shield, only for his flurry to be interrupted by a well executed shield bash.

"SHI -"

PING!

T
he sound of metal hitting bone was heard, and though his mouth flow open as his vision burned with a bright white flash that returned in blurry vision, he remained silent. The wind was effectively knocked out of him, his lungs burning as they constricted. His arms weren't broken, yet they each had a few new fractures about the forearms, his left hand itself was broken, his jaw was fractured, left cheek bone fractured, his nose was broken, left eye socket fractured. His torso didn't suffer as bad. Some deep tissue bruising, but for the most part by then he was going with the blow, allowing it to throw him away from the giant. Ultimately he landed about 10 feet away from them, rolling a couple more feet to a stop. Face down, he immediately fought to get up. His mind screamed at him to do so as the numbness in his arms dwarfed the pain of his injuries with the stabbing sensation of needles in every pore on them. He fought as hard to breath as he did to get up. From his hands and knees, his head turned up to turn his blurred vision on the two as it began to clear.

He tasted iron. He tasted his own blood. His nose bled enough to make his lower face look pretty back, his bleeding and swollen mouth no help. His charcoal eyes narrowed as he pushed himself up onto his two feet again, in which case not he was lightly panting, fighting to control his breathing now that he could breath again in general. His left fist was bleeding into his wraps on that respective arm, his right arm not much worse for ware visually. His arms hung to his sides as he balled his right hand into a fist, his left choosing to not cooperate. Spitting to his right, blood and viscera was released from his mouth. As the details would come clearer, Jin would be made aware that Raven was now the primary target.Jinsoku would continue fighting to regain his current fullest composure as he would slowly start stepping towards the two woman. Hopefully by the time he could get to them he'd be worth a damn. As for the newcomer, he went pretty much ignored, being identified as a friend and not a foe. Likewise with the giant's words, they fell upon def ears. Bluffing or not, Jak was swiftly sliding closer and closer to sending him over the edge. A giant almost killed him, and he managed to kill it first. Whether he could save his commander or not, which he wished he could, he was almost certain he'd have to kill this giant as well. This was no game, and it wasn't fun. This was survival. Something human's did better than any other species in existence.

Greased Lightning: Ready!
Blitzkrieg: 4 Cooldown Posts Remaining

Yo Im Epic
Deus Ex Aizen
YummyBiscuits

Rune Slessiane's Husband

Fashionable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
((My next tournament round against Vintrict is starting soon, so I won't be able to post as often on here. No need to wait on Christian, he'll catch up when he can))

Raven knew what was coming next. It was almost impossible to stop her blood from boiling at what she witnessed. That spike of anger froze over almost instantly. Her words were whispered, barely audible as she watched Jak strike at Jin. From the corner of her eye she could see it: blood from Jak.

She felt unbearable pain on her arm--it would have crushed her bones had she not been made of stronger things, still she shrieked at the speed of it all. It would leave a nasty bruise. Raven knew it was coming because it's exactly what she would have done with her own swift speed. The ground was suddenly rushing at her, "Gateway unlo--" She exhaled the words to empty her lungs and brace for impact, crushed between floor and shield, the Naginata trapped under her, "--ck!" She felt blood as she bit her own tongue, teeth rattled. Her head snapped forward and pain blossomed along her temple, suddenly warm and prickling as a shallow cut split open.

A flare of light, barely seen as it was directly underneath Raven coalesced, the tip of the Naginata sinking into the ground, and she nearly with it to lessen the harsh impact of the take-down. Sucking in the tiniest of air, Raven focused on the arm that was baring the shield. The arm and its shoulder, the guessed width from shoulder to shoulder, spatially mapping out her target from her pinned and dangerous situation. One of her legs was resting between Jak's, but she didn't move it, but it gave her awareness of the space between. "Gateway...unlock..." She exhaled slowly, a plate-sized portal manifesting just three inches down from the right shoulder, an angled Naginata blade emerging and poised to strike. "Jin, don't move." She wheezed, before drawing in more air and taking a moment to recuperate from being rattled and thrown. Her arm was burning fiercely from the damage it took, and she was entirely certain she acquired a fractured rib from her own elbow jamming into her ribcage while being thrown down.

After a long moment, Raven began to speak, taking her time between sentences "You're bleeding, directly in my range of elemental influence, and you have a very large knife at your back...If you twitch...you're going to lose a hand. Consider this a stalemate...I don't mind squaring up and buying drinks, but...my subordinate requires medical attention immediately..."

Andrew was here.
Andrew was here.

Somehow this notion kept ringing like a loud alarm in her ear, over and over again. Suddenly it seemed surreal to be there, in that situation. It was impossible. Jin ignored it, surely Raven imagined it, in some desperate hope he wasn't really gone. Was it the danger? Was her subconscious hoping that if she were in danger, he would simply come?

Raven's priorities had shifted fluidly, effortlessly. What had begun as a simple task of acquiring research had turned into a dangerous situation--one she recognized would be painful to come out of alive, if at all. Her eyes were beginning to water from the pain of being tossed so swiftly. She was sure whiplash would set in soon. Her body's unique physiology was already beginning to work, but this would take weeks to recover from--more so for Jin if she didn't get to him before Drew did.

Yo I'm Epic

stillnohero

YummyBiscuits
After getting her marks from knocking Jin backwards and landing Raven on the ground (✘✘), Jak's in an interesting position.

Stalemate indeed.

The savage youngster, who could be the same age of Jin based on how he looked around the face, cocked her head and smiled. Raven couldn't see it but the girl's admiring the motley nature of the female held below her. Well, there's no point in disagreeing with that deal, and Jak didn't know what she meant by elemental influence, but she bet her tits she's going to find out if things got out of hand any further. Big blue eyes glanced at Jin who's stepping slowly over to them. Jak opened her mouth to lick at her lips, freeing a blob of blood to dribble over her chin and onto Raven's back. A tiny stream leaked down her rear as well from the hole Raven had pricked into her when she failed to stab the giantess's kidney. The effects of her battle fury had ran its course but it caused the blood from her wounds to gush out fiercely from the rapid nature her heart pumped. Thankfully she didn't have any serious cuts or she's going to feel woozy.

Nonetheless, Jin drew near.

“Make it a couple pints of beer, call off your lackey and you got yourself a deal.” Jak grinned a bloody smile at Jin.

"Hell, I'll buy him a pint for being such a tough guy."

✘✘✘✘

stillnohero
Deus Ex Aizen
YummyBiscuits

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

Jinsoku came to a stop, his gaze locked onto the giantess as she became two...three? It was blurry and frolicking frizzy, he began to feel light headed. Taking a knee, he fought to find his equilibrium once more. His eyes closed for a moment as he just breathed. He was willing to push the limits, though the consequence of risking the commander would be quite dumb of him. Judging by his feelings, he likely had at least a concussion. Perhaps despite his willingness, he wouldn't have been worth much for much longer anyway.

Yo Im Epic
Deus Ex Aizen
YummyBiscuits

Rune Slessiane's Husband

Fashionable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
"I might actually...have to see if I can find a stash of her herb here...gonna need something stronger than beer..."

Raven withdraw her Naginata from the gateway to Zero-Space, which promptly dispersed as she came out of it. With a grunt she rolled over onto her back, feeling a sharp pain in her ribs. The sticky warmth of blood was oozing along her jawline. Reaching up, she gingerly touched a gash along her temple and winced at the annoying pain from her nasal passages. Her body was already responding, the amount of blood flowing decreasing as proteins began to work on a scab. It would take a few days, but the pain made her temple throb.

"Exquip." She commanded, the power suit dissolving into a brilliant gold light as it also returned to Zero Space. Her Naginta falling into sparkles in her grasp. "Fractured rib...false rib...head gash...bruised arm...Radius..." She muttered to herself, keeping track as her injuries appeared as tiny red script that flashed along her left eye that served as a monitor. She coughed harshly, her lungs still recovering--filling with air. Suddenly Drew's presence made sense to her--and by that she knew it wasn't possibly him. Her body was in shock. Fear and adrenaline conjured these things. Pain and suffering tapped into her subconsciousness. He still stood there where she saw him, and though her vision blurred and doubled, she turned away from him. It wasn't healthy to fixate on hallucinations. She knew this from the old visions of her dead children, dying as they had over and over again.

Raven swept blood from her gash and unceremoniously traced the zodiac sign of Cancer on Jak's shoulder. She then pressed her palm flat against the symbol with a forceful thrust, an electric tingling passing through as she transferred a jolt of essence to the giantess. With her own blood as binding, that energy would begin to spread and tingle pleasantly, working on those wounds inflicted on the woman. It was a sportsman-like thing to do, and it was true to her own nature to care for even her adversaries. Narrowing her gaze to focus on Jin, she leered at him before shuffling to him. Roughly grabbing him by the ear and pulled him closer. Grazing her thumb across the gash, she smeared the same symbol across his forehead before smacking her palm against it, transferring a second jolt of energy to boost his Raijin's assistance. She understood that like herself, he did not require much help, but that would never stop her from forcing it on him anyway--like a mother who fussed over her delinquent son. "Don't ever do that again." She warned, though she was grateful for his assistance all the same.

Don't look behind you.
Don't pay this mirage any attention.
Don't look for the dead.

Yo Im Epic

stillnohero

YummyBiscuits
They're square, so when Raven went up and did some hocus pocus on Jakova, the giantess held back her skepticism to see what it's going to do. It did the job of healing her up quite well, honestly. The foreign essence jolting through her body like a pleasant bolt of lightning healed the gash in her mouth and the hole in her backside. Whatever aches she suffered from the fight disappeared. For the most part it wasn't much. She came out of this one fortunate.

Usually she got her nose busted or her stomach skewered. "Thanks," said Jak, acknowledging the help. Months ago the ginger berseker wouldn't had said such a thing, but her time in Gaia, away from her homeland, Jotunheimr, had changed her significantly. In the meantime, she felt pretty couped up in her human form. So while Raven dealt with Jin, Jak faded backwards. She performed the same trick that summoned her weapons, making them disappear except for the axes remaining on her hips.

Then she revealed her true form by growing. She stretched upward. She widened. She bulked up. She thinned. It's a disorderly, disjointed, mesmerizing process with some subtle magic affecting her clothing and the simple weapons she had on her. Before the process completed itself, she had turned her back against the pit's edge and sat down. Thoom. There she finished her growth with her legs opened and sprawled out in front of her in an unlady like position. On her feet she's 30 feet tall, and even on her bum, she's still quite tremendous.

"Oh, no worries, the pints will be human size. I'm just stretching myself out a bit."

Even while she spoke in a low tone, her sheer size gave her a thunderous volume and bass that filled the entire pit. She's a Jotun, a true monster of legend and myths. A rare creature in the world of Gaia. But, surprisingly, in spite of the Nordic legends of their nasty nature, Jak's coming across as friendly this day.

Even savages could be civilized, especially when there's alcohol involved.

"Unless you don't mind turning the pints into barrels. You're a general, after all. Must got a lot in your coin purse, doesn't she, Jin?"

She winked at him. Okay, so maybe she was taking advantage of the situation and her whole plan from the start was to whoop butt and get people to buy her drinks. It's quite a dubious thing to do. But, hey, being an alcoholic needed funds somehow someway.

stillnohero
Deus Ex Aizen
YummyBiscuits

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

"Ow ow ow ow ow!"

H
e whined sarcastically as she pulled him, leading him into a snicker, which grew into mild chuckling as she drew the zodiac symbol upon his head. His cheeks flushed red as his skin warmed, his heart creating but a single anomaly of abnormality.

"Did you just write sixty-nine on my forehead"

H
e barely finished his words before she pressed her palm passive aggressively into his forehead, donating him a boost of energy that would allow the fixing of his head and face first and foremost. The rest of his clotting blood and beginning the mending of bones. Anything that might have been out of place like say in his hand, he would be sure to set well enough to ensure the proper healing of his damaged areas. Without looking at Jak, he would speak to her.

"You should be more careful, Jak. If your aggression and battle hunger is all in good sport, you should do better to make such apparent in the future. Lest you wish for someone to end up crippled or dead."

W
here he had had a good time, and ever the Commander shared a sliver of enjoyment from the happening it seemed, Jin was not impressed. He was simply upset and flustered. He was starting to feel like he should start taking something for his anxiety. For his PTSD even. Though he hadn't quite yet convinced himself that it was the right thing to do. As for drinks, Jin was only going to stick around if Raven was, other wise it wouldn't be long before he would gtfo of dodge.

Rune Slessiane's Husband

Fashionable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Raven started to turn--by reflex--to Drew. She caught herself and looked away again.

Don't. It's not real.

"Empathy is a b***h." The sorceress replied instead, shaking her head and twisting her arm to flex and test it out. From elbow to wrist dark bruises had blossomed. She rubbed the dry blood off his forehead, erasing any signs of the celestial seal. "Yeah, I guess I did." Raven frowned at Jin for a silent moment. What she Saw bothered her, but she couldn't be surprised. He had opted to walk a very serious path and profession. There came some nasty side-effects that would only worsen. Raven knew PTSD well, because she suffered from it. When she was satisfied he hadn't gotten too beaten up after jumping in, Raven turned on Jak.

"This place has been shut down for nearly three years now. Not since the Artificial God first invaded. Though it's been boarded up all nice-like, it wasn't too difficult to get inside. Saw a few signs of looting already from other entries. Dunno if we'll find a stash of booze anywhere." She was still avoiding eye contact with Drew. She didn't want to ask him. She didn't want to acknowledge his existence. "As for coin, no. My coin is tucked away where I won't be accessing it for some time. I have a city to build and all." Her restless gaze glanced around the cage, "A lot of my coin went into this place. Like a second home to me. Though I'm the highest paid military personnel in the city, much of it is kept in a different plane of existence under...very tight security." She was wandering now. She even dared to walk past Andrew not sparing him a second glance.

"Bar's over here. Might as well raid it and see what's left."

Not real. Not real.

Yo Im Epic

stillnohero

YummyBiscuits
stillnohero
"You should be more careful, Jak. If your aggression and battle hunger is all in good sport, you should do better to make such apparent in the future. Lest you wish for someone to end up crippled or dead."

"I said it already, haven't I?" said Jak with a humorous tone. After sitting on her bum in her natural form for a minute, she rolled her shoulders and triggered the process to shrink back down again. Being inside a building didn't offer much room to move about so she had to endure being in her human form a little longer. In the meantime, she found Jin's statement quite entertaining. She waited until she's back to her human height before she continued what she was letting on about with her rhetorical question. "I'm a savage named Jak, I don't do careful. It's not the Jotun way."

Jakova's gaze leered toward Raven as she explained the derelict place could be empty of booze. On top of that she didn't have access to her own coin, which gave way to some tidbit about how she's so highly paid. Sounds credible, could be her tooting air up her own cute a**, the giantess didn't care either way. Her one track mind was focused on finding booze. Raven offered to go take a look and Jakova intended to join her. "I like to raid. It's fun past time." Indeed she did, with head full of steam she charged toward the bar on her quest for booze. If there were none to be found here than she would hold Raven to settle the debt at a different location somehow someway.

With one quick bound Jakova hopped over the bar counter and crashed down on the other side. She started searching the counters to see what was worth pilfering. Glass shards crinkled underneath her boots. Dust motes stirred the dank, stale air. She swept aside shot glasses, careless, enjoying the sound of their shattering on the floor. This redhead moved like a walking catastrophe, destroying little things here and there with every step she took. There's great pleasure to be found in little acts of destruction; deviancy was the world's way of breaking the order of things to create something anew. Some people might not acknowledge it but Jak's chaotic nature was part of the grand scheme of things, balancing in between the light and the dark.

Of course that's a little more philosophy than what's on Jak's mind when she slung an empty vodka bottle behind her so she could hear it shatter in the distance. After seeing that the shelves had nothing to offer she figured there's a back closet or so for storage.

She paused and sniffed at the air.

"Why this place stopped running? Artificial God scared 'em?"

Deus Ex Aizen

Rune Slessiane's Husband

Fashionable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
"Thousands died." Raven set to the task of collecting the boxes of Drew's research and organizing it in order of importance and contents. Tons of research papers, books, samples, tools and artifacts were laid out on the floor as she began to sort things out, "Almost died myself. Not surprised that River Styx Gang broke camp."

Somehow it seemed as if she had died that day. Or a small piece of her chipped and died away every day since. Between the terrors of Harendesa, the depression of finding her dead, unborn son very much alive and unnatural, and Ertai's second invasion and the horrific aftermath it was a miracle the sorceress had much to say about it at all. Reaching up, she tugged at the beading of her hair and sighed.

"A lot of people fear coming back, even with things finally returning to normal. Sigil City is a massive grave to many, now. I spent a week working with citizens to identify the deceased. We had only managed to cover a fraction of the casualties and were overwhelmed by then. Most of them were unidentifiable, their skin and organs removed or too badly eviscerated." For the first time since she heard her name she observed whom she perceived as Drew and frowned.

She volunteered to identify bodies because she feared he'd be among them. During the night she continued her efforts alone, desperate. She never did find his corpse, and it gave her a twisted sense of relief, though she never heard from him again--and it became easier to accept he was dead as time stretched on. This apparition was no different than her dead children. She wasn't sure she could bear to see what he looked like even if she had discovered his body. Raven diverted her thoughtful gaze to her bruised arm.

She would have shown Ertai why he should have killed her when Harendesa the Red failed to.

"Find anything?"

Yo Im Epic

stillnohero

YummyBiscuits

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items