Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sarcastic Daredevil

User Image
Kalath
A Lonely Traveler With a Secret
---------------------------------------------

That had been a more dramatic experience then Kalath had expected. He found himself needing to escape the grasps of.. Whatever it was that he had been seeing and hearing. Reminded him of the concept of a bad soap opera. Regardless, he was home now, or almost home anyways. He could see the doors he casually carved into the mountainside to make entrance on foot more convenient.

Though, it dawned on him that they were well-maintained, and quite obviously visible, unlike the way he worked hard to hide that door as a bit of a more secret entrance way. His initial reaction was felt with the draining of color from his face. Someone had found his home. Not only that, but also apparently decided to name it something a bit more terrifyingly accurate than the redhead would have liked.

Even still, the doors were pushed open, and upon entering, duffel bag in hand, the redhead in the red coat suddenly had a scone and hot coffee in his free hand. The drained facial color flared to a furious red as those fiery eyes of his scanned the room, taking in the visuals, and what had been done to his cave.

Just because he brought his furnishings and various decorations with him.. That.. That did not give anyone right to move in. He had been gone for what? A couple weeks? A month at most? He should have put in more traps.

Had he not been rendered speechless by the rennovation, he would have probably... He didn't even know. He din't know what he would have done. He was absolutely livid that his only safe place was turned into an establishment. Carefully, he found himself creeping towards the hole, peering down, only to get a view of the restaurant below. All of his work: ruined.

------------------------------------------------
But perhaps not as secret as preferred.

Most Unlucky

Enduring Codger

4,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Asazal Jasha'a
ʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘʘ

Asa was in quite the good mood. He'd spotted the fiery redhead approaching from the observatory, and had made his way down into the lobby to greet the fellow with the usual scone and coffee. Smile on his face, he politely handed the half-elf the treats, then offered a slight bow.
"Good evening, sir. My name is Asazal. Asa, if you prefer. I am the owner of this fine establishment, and it's keeper. If you have any questions or requests, if you take them to reception or help, they can transfer you to me from there. Now, is there anything which I can assist you with, Kalath?"
The slightly tanned man in the strange garb took a long drag from his held pipe before exhaling a thick puff of smoke through his nostrils, watching the newcomer. It had been a long day, and he had suspected the cavern's owner would return at some point over the two months it had taken for him to renovate and remodel and furnish. This said, he was glad to see that the owner had taken so long to return, though he was probably furious. It would be interesting to see how he could calm the angered half-elf. Hopefully, the promise of big profit would be enough.

Quote:
Health: Excellent
Hunger: Satiated
Sleep: Well-rested

Luink

Dark Faerie May

Chatty Gawker

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Juliette Nightshade

User Image
A lone figure was walking along the narrow path of the mountain. She had lost light ages ago and thus she was holding a small light lantern in her right hand. Bag over her left shoulder she hoisted it over as the straps of her bag fell over with her movement. In her left hand she held the letter that was sent to her through a good businessman she had many dealings with. In this letter it had explained to her that he had a good man that needed some help with a new establishment and that it would be a good place for her to grow to use information on finding rare artifacts and as well as growing into her own roots as there wasn’t much for her back at home after she had reached of age. Being human and living among wood elves never did work out as she could never trifle against their beauty and longevity. She decided to leave home and find her way through her own quest of finding more about her family that had been murdered in the middle of a forest when she was just a wee little baby, but as time progressed she had lost interest and found herself quite the talent of trading and seeking valuable information throughout the region.

Dressed in her nightingale armor she moved quietly as the armor would muffle any sounds from her. She didn’t mind if a bear would come out and attack her but she needed the armor for her own protection as she had found it difficult once she had left home on defending herself. All she had to bare was her dagger and bow. Continuing on her way she wondered what sort of establishment this Dragon’s Breach would be as it seemed to be in quite the location. A grin pulled at her lips as she softly hummed a song to herself as it was one of the songs from her people even if she wasn’t sought out as a wood elf she still associated herself as one. In the distance she spotted a warm light of an establishment. Opening up her letter she would look down at it bringing the lantern close to it so she could see the map that was etched onto the paper. A smile formed on her lips as this was the place she was looking for.

Putting down her map she continued on as she got nearer she could spot a little bit more detail of it and couldn’t help herself as a small laugh eluded from her lips as the place was actually the mountain itself. The place was definitely going to be quite the place for thieves and people searching for valuable information. Excitement coursed through her just thinking about it but pushed the feeling aside as she was already jumping the gun. Her informant told her that this place would offer her value and things she couldn’t even dreamed about of course she thought he was just trying to bribe her into just going but now she was happy she had taken the job as things were slow where she had been staying at.

Walking nearer to the mountain cliff she would find herself at the front door and small unassuming letters marked the door as she read,

The Dragon's Breach

Blowing out her candle in her lantern she would put her bag down onto the ground and open it as she put away the letter and the lantern. Hoisting her bag up onto her shoulder she would push open the door just to get out of the dry frigid air. As she stepped into the establishment she was greeted with hot coffee and a scone. She blinked her dark green eyes at the items in her hands. Biting onto the scone she would use her now free hand to pull down the hood that covered her face. Taking back the scone into her hand she would look around the unusual design of the place as it was built downwards with a circular opening in the middle of the open lobby. As she walked closer to the railing she would peer over it and gulp as she was looking down at the depths that went quite the distance until she noticed what appeared to be a restaurant. It seemed she wasn’t alone in this place as there were two people speaking to each other. She turned to face them her face a little green from peering down at such heights.

“Hello, would any of you be Asazal?”

Luink

Upbeat Lobster

Sarcastic Daredevil

User Image
Kalath

Kalath was still incapable of comprehending what he was experiencing. This. Everything. The restaurant. The cafe. The random redheaded girl-handed guy speaking to him claiming to be the owner of the location. The red had left his cheeks, returning to their usual color, his freckles evident as always on his cheekbones.

Shaking his head and clearing his throat, he brought words to his lips, finally discovering what to speak. It wasn't exactly what he initially wanted to say. "You, uh, carved this entire place out? Rather impressive feat. By yourself, or expensive help?" It seemed to roll right over his head, the fact that he had been addressed by name, still terribly dumbfounded that this guy single-handedly (as far as he knew) ruined his home. Sure, the extra space was nice, thinking forward.. But all of his traps. All of his clever twists and turns had been smashed down for the sake of these rooms.

"Uh. How many visitors have you gotten? Do you get, even?"

Evidently he spoke a bit soon, as a female entered, asking for the male he had been speaking for. Kalath simply stood there, scone and coffee in one hand, his duffel bag in another. His only response was to turn his attention towards the female, his fiery eyes narrowing slightly.

Most Unlucky

Upbeat Lobster

Enduring Codger

4,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Asazal Jasha'a

Asa turned to face the newcomer as she asked for him by name, getting her attention with a puff of smoke in her direction and a slight bow to acknowledge her.
"I am Asazal. At your service, miss. I'll be with you in just one moment if you'll excuse the delay."
The man turned back to face the other redhead, resting the elbow of the arm holding the pipe in the palm of his other hand.
"No. I believe you're more familiar with the original caverns than I am, I'm afraid. It was a bit of work to get things mapped out, and knock out the floor of the main pit, but I'm sure you could describe the changes better than I. Am I wrong, Kalath?"
He smiled a bit knowingly at the other redhead before turning his eyes back to the girl in the survival gear. He recognized the armor from somewhere, but for now, he couldn't place it. He took another pull from the pipe before expelling the smoke as he spoke.
"Now I believe you were addressing me? What may I help you with, miss?"

Quote:

Dark Faerie May

Luink

Sarcastic Daredevil

User Image
Kalath

The male evidently knew of his previous residence here. He actually made the effort to explain such, and to, potentially, rub in his face that he did this entire adjustment knowing it would make his living situation miserable.

...And he did not answer, or explain, how many visitors were here. Or how many even knew of the place. Did he even have a story to go along with it? Kalath was going to have to find a new home, wasn't he? Even if he destroyed the business and the owner. Too many people knew of the location, and he did not want people making connections about him.

But the idea of finding a new permanent residence terrified him. Not to mention, he'd have to carve everything back out again, and he really didn't want to. At all. Had he not had his hands full, he probably would have tried to strangle the a**. Instead, he moved his bag to his shoulder and picked up the scone from his coffee cup saucer, nibbling at the pastry with curiosity. Wasn't like poison was going to really bother him, if the male was stupid enough to think he could try poisoning him.

Most Unlucky

Upbeat Lobster

Enduring Codger

4,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Asazal Jasha'a

The other male didn't seem to be able to respond to his small poke, which made the luxurious redhead smile. Taking a last glance at the girl, he stepped toward the half-elf, noting that the girl seemed lost in thought for now. The pyromancer took a drag off his pipe again, this time loosing the smoke through his nostrils as he spoke.
"Relax, Kalath. You're safe enough here, I suppose. After all, you're stronger than I am, certainly. I think we can come to a nice arrangement, however, if you're inclined to hear me out."
With that cryptic message given, he awaited his answer as he turned to face the girl.
"Please, feel free to make yourself at home in our restaurant downstairs, or at the Luna Cafe, over there. I'll be with you shortly, but for now, I'm afraid I have some business to attend to."
With a slight beckoning motion to Kalath, he headed towards one of the lounge chairs sitting in the reception area.

Quote:
Sleep: Well-Rested
Status: new business partner seems tense #massagetonight? #YOLO

Luink

Dark Faerie May

{] OOC: Sorry about dumping you off a bit, May. We'll pick back up tomorrow, kay? [}

Sarcastic Daredevil

User Image
Kalath

Kalath was helpless, unable to react or retort with this... female visitor there. Accepting his temporary fate, he simply nodded, heading around the hole in the floor and claiming a table for himself.
At least he could claim that, right? At least until the a*****e tried charging him for use of a table in his cave. Raggahfraggah.

Even still, he was finally able to put down both the coffee and the duffel bag. Taking a drink of his coffee, he found that it had cooled beyond his preference. He drank it anyways, miserable as he was. At least the scone was okay. He thought anyways, considering he wasn't exactly sure what a 'good scone' was. He wasn't like his father in the sense that he had the chance to live out a luxurious life. He just... Had a decent chunk of wealth to his own name.

Perhaps one day his poor life would turn around to something a bit more filled. He had a long life ahead of him still, fortunately. Apparently the last place he had been was not the beginning of that life fulfillment, much as he might have secretly hoped. Though, there were a couple of important individuals that he would have taken with him if he could have. Instead he slipped out, avoiding any sort of potential confrontation and probably burning any bridges he might have made. Unfortunate, but necessary.

Most Unlucky

Upbeat Lobster

Chatty Gawker

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Juliette Nightshade

User Image
                                          There she was standing before the two men as they seemed to be talking about the business. The man with the red hair seemed to be talking about how the man was able to carve the entire place out and how it was impressive feat especially if it was by himself. She would have to agree with the man as she wondered herself on how long it took for him to make such an establishment unless he had help from a few Dwarfs’ as they were good with making such places look like palaces. As he was speaking with the owner the guy simply stood there his own scone and coffee in hand as his fiery eyes narrowed slightly at her. She just tilted her head slightly and smiled so very slyly as she wondered what he was as she knew that eyes like his were never very human like. If he thought he could intimidate her with such a look he was in for a rude awakening as she didn’t run for the hills.

Her attention wavered from the red headed man who had given her the glare as she saved the information that his name was Kalath and not this Asazal that she was looking for. Her eyes switched over to the pyromancer who took a drag from his pipe. She didn’t mind the smell at all as she had grown accustomed to such things through her travels of the endless taverns, inns and pubs. He turned to look at her and told her that she was free to make herself at home in their restaurant downstairs or at the Luna Café as he would be with her shortly but it seemed that business was to follow as he still had to catch up with Kalath it would seem. She nodded her head as she understood and it gave her time to wander about and get used to her new home.

She munched on her scone as she walked about the circular lobby as it was quite the place and not to mention if someone were to push someone off of the rails that would be the end of that person unless they could regenerate. A smirk formed on her lips as she thought about it but moved herself to the elevators as she didn’t care much for them as technology wasn’t her strong suit as it was something still new to her and she didn’t know much on it just the basics to get by. Pushing the button to the elevator she would wait until it reached the top to open its doors right in front of her.

Enduring Codger

4,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Asazal Jasha'a

Asa led the other redhead over to the lounging area outside the Luna Cafe. It was a small business he'd chosen to allow to work and prosper on his turf. For a fee, of course. He received a portion of their profits, though they got a cushy location and the protection of the skilled pyromancer. He took a draw off his pipe as he sat down, gesturing for Kalath to sit across from him as he leaned forward, placing his elbows on the table as he gazed at the other intently.
"I know this place is yours, but it's a wonderful opportunity. I could not bring myself to pass it up when I saw it. However, I'm no fool, and not unreasonable, sir. This is still your lair, of course. However, I understand that you may be... reluctant to give it up, shall we say? So I've prepared a deal for you. You get fifty percent of the profit this place makes, and we become equal partners in this little business venture. Does that sound fair to you?"
He held a small smile on his face, expelling little tufts of smoke as he spoke to the other man. A waitress brought him coffee, though she didn't appear to be working at the Luna Cafe, having taken the elevator. He nodded and thanked the waitress, who scurried off again, and Asazal sipped the coffee thoughtfully as he awaited Kalath's answer.

Quote:
Health: Wonderful

Luink

Enduring Codger

4,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
User ImageCairn~~~
Z Z ZNight night z z z

z z z

His unusual hair was typically the first thing people noticed about him, but as the elevator doors opened, Cairn merely smiled and stepped back to give her space to enter. He'd been going down, was it? It was so hard to remember anything these days, so he made himself notes, and his skin was riddled with them. Not that she'd be able to see that, hidden as the notes were beneath layer upon layer of cloak. In fact, the only thing that made him stand out was the shinbone carefully attached to his hair by a red scrap of cloth and maintaining the shape of a loop of hair that hid one eye.
"Oh. Welcome."
His voice was soft. Welcoming. Though it had a touch of darkness to it that he'd always thought made it sexy in that dangerous way. Even so, his voice was friendly enough, for now, and as he stepped back to offer her room in the elevator, he wondered if this would go anywhere, then shook the thought from his mind.

Z Z Z

Z Z ZSweet dreams z z z

Dark Faerie May

Chatty Gawker

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Juliette Nightshade

User Image
Juliette was waiting for the elevator to open its doors when it finally did there was a man/woman before her. She nodded her head towards him as his voice made it quite plain that he was a man. With closer inspection on him she couldn't help by seeing the many layers upon layers of cloak he worn around his torso. She wondered just how fast he could move in all the layers of cloak he had on as that would definitely be a feat in itself if he could move in it at all. What had stand out to her the most was the shinbone that was attached to his hair by a red scrap of cloth. He had welcomed her and wondered what he did around the place. She smiled to herself thinking that she could make him into a beautiful woman and how much fun she would have in doing so but she shook the thought from her mind. As she looked at him she wondered how well he knew the place there was only one way to find out.

“I’m heading down to the Restaurant would you happen to know which floor that would be?”

Upbeat Lobster

Blazing Wildcat

ℭhessareixxℑalendar

What am I Wearing? X
Who am I with? XXXXX
My Song of the Day? User Image

User Image
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

She was no stranger to the vast landscape before her, it was quite and empty. Just how she liked it. The sound of bells rang out with every bare-footed step fading into the thin air of the mountain as the young hermit made her way over the cliff side rocks and falls. The height might be dizzying to some but not her, there was hardly anything that brother Chess, well.. Almost. The half-ling came to a stop as her eyes fell on the door but the words across it where nothing more then scribbles to her eyes. Her younger years had bee spent less on frivolous thing such as reading and writing and more heavily on hunting and gathering.

How long had it been sense she'd come across anything close to civilization. Months? A year? Where was that last place she stopped at, she could hardly remember. She would have never even stopped there if it hadn't been for that women, her once lover and friend. But she was gone now to just like everyone else in her life. That was the path she choose and she had no regrets. Then... Why was she finding herself looking for the company of another once again? She hardly knew. Maybe she was just curious. The hermit girl shook off the thought flicking her long fox like tail out behind her as she passed though the door.

The sound of bells no longer rang with her step as her dirt darkened pads stepped into the establishment. She hardly took notice as she was offered the scone, taking one whiff of the coffee and she quickly turned up her nose just passing the person by. No she was more interested in her surroundings. The mass of the establishment having been carved out of the mountain itself. She'd never seen anything quite like this! Green eyes scanned the room, mostly looking up as she blindly walked about that was until her hip hit one of the rails. She stopped, abrupt as she looked down the large hole in the center, she walked around the rails unknowing coming closer the two by the elevator as her animalistic gate carried her along, her eyes still focus on the establishment below.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸➸

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas