Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicked Trickster

ASTRID FROSTWIND

Astrid grunted softly at first, her eyes just starting to close when Lance landed..not too far off from herself. He was a strange looking one. She had never seen anyone fly before. Cracking her tired eyes back open, she stared in heavy silence at the male, as if trying to asses his reason for being so close, well closer( her dirty appearance tended to put off other travelers a bit ).

But....scare.....?

"...Y'dinnae scare me...."

She muttered in a shattered voice, bringing one hand up to rub at her face, smearing some dirt across it without really thinking to check,"...Are ya heading the same way?", she asked, edging up to her feet. Even at their little distance, it was easy to tell that this female was quite short.

Aged Explorer

<< Tsume Yve >>

Tsume walked along the path to the Inn as a woman up ahead caught his eye. "A new comer? It would be nice to see some people in this town again and maybe get some business too" He said to himself as he caught up to the woman. He slowed down as he walked beside his pulling his cart along with him. "Are you heading to the Inn for the night miss? " He asked her as his eyes looked over Ryven."If so I could give you a lift. I'm on my way there and you look a bit worn." He said to her as he came to a stop. He gestured to the back of the cart for her to climb in. "Just hop on there's plenty of room." He said to her with a smile. His tail swayed back and forth as he enjoyed the cool night breeze after spending all day next to a roaring fire."Have you been traveling long to reach our fine town?" He said to her trying to make some small talk. He adjusted his kimono and untied the sleeves so they were no longer held up. Then he adjusted his belt to fit a bit more comfortably now that he was no longer working the forge.

LanceX's Waifu

Enduring Survivor

14,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Megathread 100
~Ryven~

~Currently: Heading for the tavern/inn ~
~Mood: Slightly less cranky ~

Ryven looked up from her determined walk toward the tavern when she heard a male's voice behind her. She looked him over, pulling off her hood and thus offering him the chance to see exactly what she looked like. Not that she thought a man who had... were those wolf ears? Would mind a woman looking like herself, but perhaps he would be some insight into how the others would view her.
"Indeed I am." She responded with a sultry smile. Not that she was really trying for it, it was just what came naturally to her. "I would prefer to walk though, thank you. I have been riding for days on end now, and it feels nice to stretch the legs." She thought for a moment about that last question. How long had she been traveling? "If memory serves me right, the last place I visited..." she lowered her voice. "Which I was unfortunately chased out of." She gestured to the horns that adorned her head as she said this, as though that were supposed to explain everything. "That was probably half a month ago." It seemed like a logical guess on her part, since she had not stopped in another place since then.
She pulled her hood back over her head, hiding her horns again, not that it did much for her eyes, which were almost a dead giveaway on her heritage. Not that that was her fault. "Why is this place so empty?" She asked, walking along beside the man, who she had not bothered to ask a name from. What did that matter anyway? She had know plenty of men without names... not that she would really share that.

Aged Explorer

User Image
[Lance]

He smiled when she said that he didn't scare her. "I'm heading this way to a small town It's not much further from here I could see some dim light while I was flying. " He spoke to her as he approached her. " It looks like you've been traveling for some time and could use a good rest. Shall we keep moving before it gets to dark out. " He said this to her as he adjusted the bag on his back. His long tail slid across the ground behind him as he studied the woman from a moment. He then realizing he was being rude and staring and turned to begin walking towards the town. " So where are you from? If you don't mind me asking. It's just that I've never heard and accent like your before. " Hoping not to offend her with the question. He was just very curious about everything the world had to offer.

Aged Explorer

<< Tsume Yve >>

He nodded to her. "That's understandable. I don't travel outside of the city much, so I wouldn't know what its like to ride for so long." He laughed as he thought about how much time he'd spent in the town and hadn't been anywhere else. His eyes looked over her horns as she gestured to them. Memories ran through his mind before he shook them out and began to walk with the woman to the inn. "I can assure you, there won't be any problems in this town. The few of us that are left accept all travelers. So rest up and stay awhile, it's a nice place here." He stopped walking and looked up to the large mountain that surrounded them. "It happened about 5 years ago, the volcano we thought was safe erupted. Most people fled to other towns and cities. Some of us had nowhere else to go and didn't want to lose the place we called home, so we stayed. So now we work each day, waiting for people to return, or for people to come make this place their own home." He turned to her with a soft smile as he picked the cart back up and made the rest of the way up to the Inn. He pulled the cart around to the side of the Inn and set it down. He came back around and opened the door for the young lady. "Well, let me be the first to welcome you to Dragon's Nook. The name's Tsume, and I hope you stay for a while and relax, ok?" He said to her before looking into the tavern and shouting out. "Tetsu you have a customer. I'll be bringing the stools in around back ok!" With that the door closed behind him as he went back to his cart and began to unload it.

Wicked Trickster

LanceX

Astrid FrostWind
While the knowledge that a town did indeed stand not far from them comforted the female, she did not let it show..instead maintaining a stony disposition .It was natural for her...however, her eyes did spark with interest at the mention of flying...not that she was surprised. This being did have wings.
With a small grunt, she lifted her axe away from her lap, and dug its blade into the ground, using it as a prop to help her stand"..Movin'...sounds good.", she agreed, swinging the axe up from the ground then to rest over one shoulder. She noticed his stares, but remained unaffected. Stares were something she had long since become accustomed to...from her dirty appearance, to the ears and tail.

Once the male began moving, Astrid followed suit, stepping from her soft resting place onto the hard, stony dirt,"I got no home...travelin' my way 'round...all I can say, is that I'm a far ways from here.", she stared up at Lance's back as she spoke, wondering why he was so curious..knowing little to nothing about simply making polite conversation,"An ye?", which was some shattered version of 'And you?'..

LanceX's Waifu

Enduring Survivor

14,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Megathread 100
~Ryven~

~Currently: Walking with Tsume ~
~Mood: Hungry ~

Ryven walked along beside Tsume toward the inn, her cloak swishing along behind her. "It is an absolutely horrible thing. But the ride is not the worst part, that would be the people who do not understand that not everyone is like them. The people who think someone like myself are... well, evil." She smiled at his next comment. It was a good thing to know, maybe she could one day call this place home. Maybe. Listening to his story about what had happened to the village, her smile turned into a frown.
"So... they all just up and left? Didn't they know that this was a volcano in the first place?" She was confused. To her, a home, a REAL home, at least, was someplace that you did not just up and leave simply because you did not like what had happened there.
"Anyway, I hope that more people start to come to the village. I cannot imagine how boring it must be to work and have no one ever come in." She smiled as he opened the door for her. "Thank you. I'll definitely enjoy it here, it smells delicious already." She couldn't help but to give a short laugh as she stepped into the tavern and looked around.
Oh yes, she was really going to like this place.

LanceX's Waifu

Enduring Survivor

14,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image
[Tetsu]
[Currently: Busy around the inn ]
[Mood: Happy ]

"Thank you Tsume!" Tetsu called out as he looped back outside for the stools her had brought for her. She smiled at the newcomer, offering to get her food or drink as she finished the last of her rounds throughout the inn. She was glad to see a new face in the town. It had been at least a year since the last visitor, and things could get a slight bit lonely around town without any visitors or customers. The peaceful nature of the village was nice, but still. There were only so many nights she could busy herself around the inn before it became more of a habit than anything else.
Without waiting for an answer, she went to the back of the inn, got a large plate of food and a mug of the ale she had been brewing, then came back and placed it on a table for the cloaked woman. "I hope you enjoy it. You look like you could use a nice hot meal and something to quench your thirst. Feel free to sit wherever you like, and when you are ready for a room, let me know and I'll show you to one." She said to the woman before she vanished off into the kitchen to put together more plates. Hopefully where there was one newcomer, there would soon be more following behind.

Aged Explorer

User Image
[Lance]

They walked on down the old worn path. " I'm sorry to hear that you have no home. Maybe one day you will be able to call some place home." He said with a re-assuring smile. They walked for about an hour as the finally made it to the small town. The sun was just at the edge of the mountain as they arrived. "It seemed to be closer then I thought it was. it will be nice to sleep in a bed tonight." He said jokingly as he looked over the small town and found the Tavern sitting on a slight hill in the far back. "Shall we? Lets enjoy the night and success of finding a place to rest." He paused mid sentence as a low grumble filled the silent air which was quickly fallowed by a laugh. "I believe my stomach agrees and wants us to get there now." With that he turned and began walking at a slightly quicker pass towards the tavern. He had forgotten how hungry he was and could really use a real meal. As he reached the tavern he opened the door and held it open for the woman if she fallowed him. The smell of fresh food made his mouth water and his tail seemed to sway with a bit more happiness to it as he approached the bar and sat down thinking about all the wonderful food he was going to eat and began to day dream lost in his thought.

Aged Explorer

<< Tsume Yve >>

After he unloaded the cart he made his way inside. "There you are Tetsu they should be better then new I reinforced them so they shouldn't break anymore " He spoke to her as he made his way towards the bar and sat down his long gray tail resting still behind him as he looked over the choice of beverages that were before him. "I think I'll have my usual tonight. I was thinking of trying something new but maybe tomorrow." He said as if it was the something each night. He looked back over at the woman he had walked up to the Inn with and motioned her to come sit down next to him. "I believe I owe you a few more answers and maybe a good story or two." As he said this another newcomer caught his eye as the odd looking man came walking in. This one was another odd one he had a full pair of dragon wings and a long tail to boot. He lifted a brow at the man as he sat down next to him and looked like he was about to begin drooling.

Wicked Trickster

LanceX

Astrid FrostWind
"A home....has been unknown to m' since I was the height of your knees.", Astrid shifted the axe to her other shoulder, moving to walk along side Lance. He was turning out to be decent company...didn't talk alot, which she appreciated, having a hard enough time keeping up THIS conversation!

Their walk together was quiet, and she saw much more than expected....areas growing heavier with dark rocks alongside the path....and soon enough, the town Lance mentioned earlier came into view...which actually drew a little grin out from the female. She followed him to the tavern, creeping in with a curious perk of her long ears as an medley of odd scents hit her nostrils...

...She turned her head to ask Lance what this place was....but he had gone, sitting over and was now sitting at a .....thing......made of wood. Contemplating for a moment on if to follow, her attention was once more distracted by an amazing scent...food...food?!

LanceX's Waifu

Enduring Survivor

14,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Megathread 100
~Ryven~

~Currently: Eating ~
~Mood: Improving! ~

Ryven smiled and nodded her thanks at the woman who had brought her food. Seeing Tsume sit down and call her over, she mentally shrugged, and picked up both the plate and the mug of whatever it was the woman had left for her, and headed to the spot beside him at the counter. She pulled her cloak loose from around her neck and draped it over the stool before sitting down and placing the plate and mug on the counter.
"What kind of stories have you got?" She asked, turning to look at him. Without the cloak on, the full limits of her bloodline were visible. Her pale skin has a golden tint to it and she resonated with a soft heat. Her purple-black hair hung below the seat of the stool and draped over the base of the black tail that swayed gently and ended with a blood-red glow at the tip, much like her horns did. The light of a nearby lantern danced off of her cat-like eyes as she watched Tsume.
While waiting patiently, she took a small bite of the food that was before her, and found herself caught slightly off guard by how good it was. Perhaps because she had not had a real meal in forever, or perhaps because it actually was just that good, she was not sure.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

User Image
[Tetsu]
[Currently: Serving Guests ]
[Mood: Thrilled ]

Tetsu laughed at Tsume's comment about the stools, making her way behind the bar counter and quirking a brow at him.
"The way you say that, you might think they are with you every night!" She said with a hint of mischief in her eyes. She was already headed for the back room when he asked for his usual, and returned a moment later with a bottle of sake that she had made for him, and a plate with what looked to be a slab of nearly raw meat.
"You say that every night, Tsume. One of these times, I'm just going to surprise you with something other than what you are expecting, and you are going to enjoy it." She smirked before turning away and giving her smile to the two others who had just come into the inn. She casually wiped off the counter where they sat, and looked between them.
"Welcome to Dragon's Nook! Seems we have quite the crowd tonight!" She said, golden eyes glimmering. Holding her hand up for a moment, she practically ran off to the back room, and came back holding a tray with two heaping plates of food and large mugs of drinks, which she set down on the counter before them. "You both must be hungry, I cannot imagine how far you have traveled!"

Hunter

User Image
Luna ~ The Vengeful Werewolf

Luna walked through the town with her head ducked down, usually confident but now feeling nothing but out of her element. She hadn't explored a new area in quite some time, usually content in maintaining a daily routine. However, now it was time for a change. Anna's vacation was what had given the woman the idea, and here she was, walking through a village she didn't know the name of towards an inn she had never been inside. 'What I love most about you is your adventurous spirit.' Her mother had used to say when she was a child. But her mother was dead and she wasn't a bumbling young girl anymore. Now, Luna was a mature adult and it was about time she stop hiding out in her shack of a house. It was about time she recapture a bit of the psyche she'd left in her history's wake.

She watched a few individuals entered the inn before she got a chance and she hesitated outside the door, sucking in a breath. "You can do this... You can socialize." Luna nodded her head briskly before opening the door, shutting it quickly behind her, and retreating to a chair in the corner. She settled in the chair she'd chosen and released a sigh, rubbing her forehead in silence.

Aged Explorer

User Image
[Lance]

He blinked a few times as he realized somebody was talking to him. "Sorry about that my stomach got the best of me for a moment there." He said as he looked at the plate of food that was now magically in front of him. He eyed the beverage for a moment before returning his gaze to Tetsu. "Thank you very much this will do wonderful. I only ask if i could have a mug of water instead. I apologize for any inconvenience." He turned back to find the woman who followed him in in a state of shock or something she seemed to be standing in awe of confusion. He waved at her to get her attentions as others began to enter the tavern. " Come sit Miss....." Then he realized he had not gotten her name even worse he did not give her his. Feeling slightly embarrassed he stood up and took both plates in his hand he walked over the Astrid and place the food down on a table next to her and sat down placing his in front of him. "Sit eat and relax for a bit. By the way I never gave you my name nor got yours. My name is Lance. It's nice to meet you." He then looked back to Tetsu and waved to her letting her know that they have moved. The mugs then caught his eye that he forgot behind. He made a few quick hand gestures followed by what seemed to be growls, snorts, and grunts. The mugs began to floats across the room and onto the table they were sitting at. "Dig In!" He said to Astrid with a smile before digging in himself his clawed hand being used to cut the meat before he inhaled it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff