Welcome to Gaia! ::

Having heard the strange noise from the back Stykes had perked up just in time to hear something smash into the diving board, which seemed a bit odd considering he could visibly see everyone. With a few short strides he managed to make it near a window, but the only thing he managed to see was a large splash. Still plenty to get his attention he found himself bounding towards the back door, his large boots leaving a metal like echo behind each step.

A few thoughts raced through Stykes' mind, everything the possibility of the sky falling to the random bouts with vampires he had witnessed between Saria countless times in this very place. By the time Stykes cleared the door he only managed to bear witness to the Nekojin near the side of the pool, already healed. His demeanor immediately changed as he gained his composure back, one visible jade eye, the other hidden by light purple hair, examined the scene. He had managed to catch the last bit of it talking to itself.

"I wouldn't call falling into a pool convenient in any way, shape, or form"

He called out sarcastically, she seemed fine, but he started to question events quickly in his mind, the sound of the diving board made him draw one single question

"Thought you lot didn't like water"

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni gave a good pounding onto her chest, some water stuck in her lung, before coughing again. Some black blood came up, which only meant some internal damage that needed fixing. Her waterlogged ears swiveled at the sound of approaching footsteps, and she gave the slightly healed hole in her belly a light pat-pat. She wasn't too worried about these shadowy creatures, as they didn't come at her with claws or whathaveyou. Now whatever had two feet and would step forward may or may not have beef with her for taking a dive in the pool.

Or not. It was male, and seemed humanoid enough to not have to worry about. Yuni cracked a grin, laughing for a moment before it turned to more coughing. Her core hurt.

"Then I guess this can either be good, or bad." The Nekojin said, taking her time to get up onto her feet. Her body temperature lowered as her blood worked to heal the stab wound, her clothes dripping wet still. "I don't. At all. Can't stand the stuff, really. But I hear I got four-legged cousins that jus' love swimmin'..."

Icy eyes rolled, and her hands started to wring out water from her tank top. "So, wet or not, where'd I happen to land this time 'round? I make it a habit to land places, but not like Swiss cheese..."

Thieving Rogue

Saria, upon hearing the loud bang against the diving board and the subsequent splash, immediately jumped to her feet, following closely behind Stykes as he dashed out of the manor. Keeping a few feet behind Stykes, she held tightly to the hilt of her dagger, listening to the conversation between the two as she surveyed the Nekojin, taking in details about her wound and whether or not this woman was a threat. She had, afterall, experienced many battles here, some completely out of the blue like this.

She chose not to ask any questions for the time being. Stykes appeared to have the talking bit under control. Rather, she kept her distance, watching and listening, prepared to attack/defend if necessary.
The entirety of the situation hadn't quite yet dawned on Stykes. He noticed something odd about her stomach but couldn't quite place it, but without hesitation he extended his hand partly in greeting, and partly to help her gain some footing. As he pieced together her words and the situation things started to make sense.

"Are you okay?"

He asked before anything else, at first he had thought she was merely a bad swimmer, but the black fluid she'd been coughing up immediately caused his demeanor to change, his voice lost its sarcastic tone as he investigated the scene. More of that fluid she had coughed up, he'd seen injured nekojins before and none of them bled like this.

"Are you hurt, or sick?

He had skipped right past informing her of where she was, partly due to thinking she was speaking in pure shock currently. He motioned at Saria to move towards them as his concern grew immediately, perhaps Saria would know about this strange phenomena.

(( sorry had to leave right after my last post XP ))

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
(( xD That's all right. I'm gonna try to last for another post or two before bed. ))

A slate eyebrow quirked up curiously at the quiet female that followed this male out to investigate her, her nose wiggling a bit. They smelled wary of her. Rightfully so, Yuni thought. She did just pop in out of nowhere, in a noisy an wet fashion, At the question, the Nekojin made a funny thinking face and scratched the back of one of her orange ears.

"Eh... I did take a knife to the stomach jus' a bit ago..." She said while taking the offered hand gratefully, her free hand wiping at her chin before pulling up the hem of her shirt. There, under the end of her ribcage, was a nasty looking wound. A black substance webbed over the gash, trying to scab over it but was impeded by wet skin and some light green fluid. Yuni poked at the mess. "Huh. Good thing I did take that hit. Damned dagger was poisoned..."

"Is it at all possible to get a towel? And a root beer?" The Nekojin blinked owlishly at the two, ears tipped back some and tail curling and uncurling slowly behind her. She knew the request was odd, yet looked nonchalant about it even though her innards were starting to burn. Her blood must be digesting the poison already. Fun...

Thieving Rogue

Saria acknowledged Stykes waving her forward, and she quickly put away her dagger and made her way up to the nekojin, pulling a small cloth from a back pocket. It wasn't a towel to dry her off completely, but at least it would help with the flesh wound to dry it and let the natural healing process work faster.

Without hesitation, Saria applied the cloth to the wound on the nekojin's abdomen. A faint green glow surrounded Saria's hands as she worked and a small herb grew next to her foot, sprouting tiny white flowers. Saria bent down and grabbed a small handful, smashing the flowers together and extracting the natural oils before applying the oils to the wound. Kingsfoil was an excellent healing herb, and it appeared this nekojin had some sort of natural healing abilities, so the kingsfoil should be all she needed externally.

"Your cough," Saria said, jumping right past all the chit-chat. It was apparent Saria had some pretty extensive medical knowledge - she was an elf, after all - and stayed cautious, alert, and focused during any sort of emergency. "It appears you are coughing up blood. Are you bleeding internally?" She asked. Maybe the nekojin could tell. If not, she'd have to do a more thorough exam.

"Your wound on your abdomen should be fine now, but if you have any internal injuries we have a healing room on the second floor and you'll need to spend some time up there so we can fix you up."
He observed her closely as she poked at her wound, the way she was handling things actually calmed him down quite a bit, enough to make him shake his head in disbelief at the situation. It was clear something wasn't going right with her healing process, but Saria seemed to have that handled. While Saria questioned the neko's well being Stykes, still holding her hand, pulled her arm over his shoulder instinctively, hoisting her up to help her walk not entirely sure how well she was doing on her own.

"So you make a habit of getting stabbed, then going for swims in peoples pools, only to ask for towels and root beer?"

He shook his head not expecting a response to his question, before deciding to introduce themselves.

"My name is Stykes, and this is Saria, I don't know how you got here but you're at Saria'a manor, The Heartless"

He cautiously held his body under her arm, giving her plenty to lean against assuming after a nasty stab she would need help walking.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni's ears swiveled a little warily as she saw the female come closer and start working on the wound, trying not to flinch at all. Normally her bloody was quite acidic, but it would seem that chemical component was busy with the poison and too diluted to be of any harm. It had been a while since she was last healed by an elf, and it was curious to watch the woman work and grow an herb to use.

At the mention of her cough, the petite girl cleared her throat and tasted her tongue. "I'd think so. He jammed the knife upward, like he meant business. There was that nice popping feel of a lung going out, but it feels like it's stitchin' back together quite nicely..."

The man, Stykes as he called himself, was a funny one. Yuni snickered, tail swaying a bit jerkishly. "Sounds 'bout right... But nuh the stabbed part. Hopefully I won't 'ave to do that again anytime soon." She felt her slight weight being taken off of her, a good shoulder under her arm. "Name's Yuni, and it's awesome t'meet such nice people! And... cozy place, too. Oh, I can pay for such'n'such like the healin' and the root beer."

(( I'm gonna have to pass out. >.<' Not sure if you guys just move along or get locked, but if need be, just dump Yuni to the side or something. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon! Night! ))
Entertained by the mutual sarcasm Stykes laughed under his breath before attempting to move with Yuri towards the manor unsure himself exactly how she was faring considering the rapid healing.
"I go through most days with a solid plan to not get stabbed as well, but we can't always get what we want eh?"
He shot back at her playfully, before turning full attention to her condition. Yuri's wound seemed grotesque, the combinations of magics at work to heal it, Saria's herbs, and the poison all interacting with each other was a gruesome sight to bear indeed, but the Nekojin handled the situation as though it was a regular situation.
"Does it hurt? Can you walk?"
His tone was filled with a genuine compassion absent from his previous comment

(( no worries, im slow anyway XD ))

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni cringed a bit as Stykes started to move her towards the manor, newly stitched muscle and torn muscle stretching. Tissues like the diaphragm membrane and skin were easy to fix, muscles right after that, and organs taking a bit more effort. She would not complain, since luckily no bones were broken during the stabbing. Bones were a b!tch to heal.

The Nekojin huffed a bit, determined to talk for a distraction even though she sounded a bit winded as her lung was fixing itself. "Most days, I dun 'ave a plan..." She snickered, ears flattened against her slate hair. "Just the want I was denied today, to nuh get stabbed."

The teen looked down at her belly and cleared her throat, swallowing any bile and blood that was coming up. Ew. With the help of the herbs, she could see the sinews and muscle that should be under the skin, strands of black blood started to stitch the skin back together. The poison was being pushed both out of the healing wound and to her stomach, hence the bile. "I'd be lyin' if I said it didn't hurt... But I'll be damned if I can't walk a straight line. What would my mother say?"

Thieving Rogue

Stepping out the way, Saria let Stykes lead Yuni back into the heartless. "Take her to the healing room," Saria said to Stykes as she walked ahead of them, going to prepare the room. She wasn't sure if Yuni's wounds would heal fast enough and if she would have to provide more intervention for the internal bleeding aspect. Yuni sure talked as though she was alright, she didn't seem to be in shock or panicking, but then Saria had the tendency to do that when she was near death too.

Upon entering the Heartless, she swiftly made her way up the stairs and into the healing room, making sure there were fresh sheets on the medical table. She poked around the room, pulling out various medical instruments that she may need. Tweezers, magnifying glass, needle and thread for stitches, the like. She made her way over to a large machine near the table that looked to be a sort of xray machine that Mohan had set up many years ago. While Saria was capable of medical procedures, her heart ached for her dear friend Mohan. He was a genius with these things, always inventing and always improving. He could operate all of these machines, at the same time, with his eyes closed. He would be a welcome sight right now.

Regardless, Saria flipped on the switch as the machine buzzed to life. She would be able to use this to see any internal damage. With the room prepped, she made her way to a sink and began washing her hands.

(Mohaan! Sad face....)
Immediately upon hearing the wound was still quite painful, Stykes leaned down and wrapped his left arm around the back of her knees, other arm supporting her back still, and lifted the small framed nekojin to as comfortable position as he could make for her. Despite everything her attitude was quite entertaining considering the damage she was dealing with.
"And what would my mother say if I just let you walk?"
He said as he picked up the pace heading inside, moving through the backdoor of the manor past the others who seemed to still be in the commons and up the staircase to the bedrooms, following Saria's lead to the healing room. There was one part of what Yuni had said previously that really stood out in his mind, right before entering the healing room he gave Yuri a single question.
"Who'd you take the dagger for?"
He kept his eyes fixed on where they were heading, moving inside of the healing room he moved Yuri towards the bed and set her down gently, waiting for Saria to pick up with her limited, but much better than his, medical expertise.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni blinked owlishly as she noticed Stykes leaning down, but then quickly caught on before letting out an indignant and protesting squeak. There were a few 'no's in there, and a little wiggle, but that wiggle was apparently painful as she quickly piped down and bit her lip. Her pride stung a little, and it showed on her flustered face, but not as much as her abdomen did.

"I 'spose everyone has a mother..." Yuni muttered, hugging her middle with her free arm as she was carried through the manor to this healing room. She tried to pay attention to the interior design, noting what she could of the layout. The healing room wasn't like the healing rooms she was used to, what with all the schmancy looking machines. Her eyes zeroed in on the thing Saria turned on, and her ears twitched at the sounds it made. "Wazzat?"

The Nekojin addressed Stykes' question after he set her on the bed, tail curling over her leg so it wouldn't be in the way. To lie or not to lie... Eh. What could it hurt? "A Duke... He was supposed to be gettin' this honor thing in this big way, and he knew there was an assassination bein' organized..." Yuni shrugged a little, scratching at her drying hair. "Needles to say, I dun think I owe 'im anythin' anymore."

Thieving Rogue

Saria listened quietly to the story Yuni told as she dried her hands off. "Its a sort of x-ray machine" she explained. "It'll let me take a look at your organs and see how they're doing and if I'm going to need to get in there and stitch you up." She returned to her place at the table where Stykes had laid her down. "The xray won't hurt. But if you're damaged enough that I'll have to go in there... well, you better hope your natural healing has done it's job." She positioned the arm of the machine over Yuni's wound, looking at the monitor at the shape of her lungs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff