Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"...Why is anything beyond the atmosphere?" Curtis asked, after a healthy pause of trying to decipher what the two said. The elaboration on the term 'space station' didn't help very much, as he was still stuck on the fact that there may be other things in space besides stars and the moon. The idea of living out there was too strange to process. Moreso of 'why' than 'how.'

"I do hope you're right. The house did 'invite' a fair number of people in just one night, though. One could assume if that pattern kept up there could be trouble." He lightly shrugged, while mostly directing his answer to Vee. He was keeping his ears open for Huginn's answer regarding his species. There were so many different sorts of creatures in this place; he wouldn't mind if everyone in the room answered that question just to be clear.
"Ah! You see, space is a very large and very mysterious sort of thing. What a silly question, that's like asking why we're all here. Or why this house is eating people. Or why I'm suddenly so starving." The man's hands fled to his stomach, just as a sound emerged from it. Something akin to a rolling growl. The bird frowned briefly peering down at the rude organ. "Well, no one invited you to add to the conversation, did they? You'd think you'd be better mannered, I feed you semi-regularly, don't I?" It seemed Huginn was fully invested in speaking to his stomach now. His stomach conversation was only interrupted by the boy asking him what he was. His brow shot far up on his forehead.

"Excuse me? What a terribly rude question. Don't I look human? I'll tell you what I am, I'm a wanderer. I'm a poet. I'm a wandering poet, looking for inspiration in a cold and weary world." Dramatically, he threw the back of one hand against his head and made as if to faint, his legs went wobbly and Huginn stumbled to one side, barely catching himself on a table that was conveniently nearby.

Tipsy Mage

User Image

~Azazel Eclipse~

Unlike Curtis, Azazel cared much more about how people would go about living in space then why. He thought just being in space would be very interesting, and there were a myriad of reasons he could think of just off the top of his head, research, mining, exploration, not to mention the possibility of people simply having a desire to do it for the sake of doing so. “You could build some sort of machine to make it possible I think, or maybe one could create a barrier to keep an artificial atmosphere in while deflecting radiation and objects away. It must be very difficult to maintain.” Just thinking about the possibilities was exiting; he couldn’t wait to ask the newcomer all sorts of questions about it, and to tell Airi about it as well. He hoped she would return soon so she wouldn't have to miss anything.

Azazel was fairly certain the building wouldn’t overcrowd them; it had never done so in the past after all. “I don’t think the building would take in too many people for the amount of food we have, it’s usually fond of keeping everyone in here alive as far as food and water is concerned.” The building had dangerous things inside of course but most of them were rather clearly marked as dangerous, most people who dies because of them really only had themselves to blame for ignoring the warnings of others.

Azazel disagreed with Huginn’s assessment of the importance of some of those questions but he was not about to argue about it. “There should be someone coming back with fresh food soon, but if you don’t want to wait we have plenty of dried and canned foods.” He did not apparently find the man’s behavior particularly odd. “Well looking human is hardly much of a reason to think someone is human, you don’t exactly smell human regardless of your looks, I’m sorry for the mistake” He sounded more apologetic then confrontational, and while he had apologized something in his tone seemed to say he was just doing so because it was the polite thing to do. He still did not think Huginn was human but he had dropped the subject, especially when the man almost fell over. “Ah! Are you okay?! When was the last time you ate? You seem a bit unsteady on your feet.”

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

In his time, it was exceedingly rare to even see a running 'automobile.' Much less a vehicle or machine not bound to Earth. Though at least he could concoct a vision of what he was speaking of in his mind. As far as the rest of what Azarael was talking about- the boy was speaking gibberish when mentioning atmospheres and radiation. "Right..." He dumbly agreed, and dropped the subject matter just like that.

"Though as far as I have seen- or, smelled, rather. None of you appear human. I think it's safe to say that it's hard to say at all without asking yourself. I didn't think it was rude..." Curtis commented. Huginn's conversation with his own stomach was bizarre enough for him to raise a brow, but not enough for him to say anything on the matter. Besides possibly agreeing that he was due for a meal as well...
He passed the gentleman off as possibly daft and continued on.

"While I absolutely cling to the idea of a fresh, warm meal, I don't think I am alone in inquiring what canned foods you do have in stock?"

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee had been standing and listening to the three speak of space stations and food. The talk of the former gave her an idea of the type of area they could have possibly come from. Azael and Curtis seemed to be from a place that was similar to that of which the house had dragged her from while Huginn and the woman were from much more advanced areas. While she could very well add on to what Huginn was saying she could see that doing so just might cause more confusion so she kept quiet. She had learned long ago not to bother mentioning certain things in areas that were composed of simple or little to no technology.

When Azazel inquired about Huginn’s species it made her smile. More so when the man skirted all around the question and avoided it like the plague. She gave a soft, quiet laugh in response to his reply. She agreed with Azazel’s reasoning on looking human though could understand why Huginn would find it to be rude. “Aye, Curtis. None of us do appear to be human through smell though I’m guessing most of us look human in appearance,” she said as she decided to chime in. “Though if someone were to go through the trouble of trying to appear as human in one way then why would they be comfortable in someone asking what they are otherwise.” In other words, it was like trying to rip off someone’s costume at a costume party and that would be quite rude. “Where I come from one doesn’t take kindly to others asking such things if the one asking isn’t willing to play show and tell first.” She put her attention on Azazel and gave him a smile before nodding in agreement to what Curtis had said about food. “I’m about starved myself. At this point in time, anything edible would be acceptable.” While she still had enough energy for a good fight, she would focus on the possibility of eating canned goods over eating one of the three she was speaking with at the moment. The predator inside of her said to take one of them down, though her stomach said to just feed it as quickly as possible. Her stomach was winning at this point though she wasn’t sure how much longer she could go without hunting.
The consensus seemed torn between rude or not, on the issue of coming right out and asking someone what their race was, Huginn didn't exactly find it rude so much as he thought it ruined the whole mystery of the thing. What fun was that? "Okay, okay, maybe not rude. Rude wasn't the right word, maybe. Forward. It seems a bit forward, doesn't it? After all, I've hardly just stumbled through the front door and into a rather odd situation and we're already getting pretty personal." He conceded the point, but still the man skirted around the issue, it was more fun for him that way. Besides, it gave him more of an opportunity to talk. Which he enjoyed doing, in abundance.

"The real question, which has been adequately addressed, is the food and where exactly we might find it, eh, my good fellows and ladies? Er, lady? Whatever. It just so happens, all of you are in luck, I could cook my way through a hurricane." There was a brief pause, almond eyes drifting towards the ceiling while he considered his own words, "which is an expression that needs a bit of work." He admitted with a bit of a nod.

Tipsy Mage

User Image

~Azazel Eclipse~

Azazel was in fact from a world with a level of technology comparable to the one Curtis lived on, not that Azazel was particularly aware of that fact. Magic on the other hand was much more prominent on his word from what he could tell. While he was a little saddened by the abrupt dropping of the subject of space he supposed that if no one else was interested he would just have to wait till Airi came home to talk to someone about it.

“Ah… Well maybe another form might just be inconvenient or I’ll fitting for a house, and for interacting with people.” He looked to Curtis for a moment, he did not know if he was the sort of Were creature that became a rampaging monster when they transformed or not. Azazel would have enjoyed showing off his other body if he could have, but changing form was a bit too complicated a process for him to do while inside of Cartesia. Besides he hardly put on any sort of front about being human, his ears and eyes alone would be enough of a giveaway even if it wasn’t necessarily obvious what he was. “I suppose one might consider it a little bit forward..” He did not particularly agree but this was a matter if opinion so he hardly saw a point in arguing about it. Huginn's point on the other hand he could agree with, keeping it a secret could be rather fun. He made a wide smile meant more or less just to show off how pointy his canines were. "I'm not human, but I bet you cant figure out what I am."

Azazel motioned in the direction of the door next to the bar then started walking over to it. “There is a huge kitchen over this way. I think it would be okay to eat some of the dried stuff if we cook it a bit, it should still be fine.” He was vaguely considering some sort of oatmeal, maybe with dried meat, or dried fruit.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"You are very right, Miss Vibryo. Their secret to keep, I suppose. Even if all of us will be more than close for the next undisclosed span of time..."

At 'Bet you can't figure out what I am' and with that flash of Azazel's teeth, Curtis was already more than ready to respond. The only thing stopping him from doing so was Vee's commentary on the subject. As much as he disliked it, he suppose he could wait for Azazel to explain himself before making any suspicious guesses. Even if he was more than sure that the child was a vampire. He already had concocted a few conspiracies earlier involving the boy, and the woman who he first encountered dead when he arrived- though if the other residents in the room weren't there for that, he'd seem paranoid if he voiced it yet now.

"Oh well! On their terms!"
If the boy was leading the way to food, there was no reason to call him out on it. Not until the boy posed a threat, at least. The suspicious glint in his eyes immediately faded and he happily followed behind the boy on the way to the kitchen.
"Dried what do you have? Oh lord, it must be so old by now..."

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Couldn’t have said it better myself, she thought in reply to what Azazel said about different forms. She was much like the boy when it came to the matter but she had learned the etiquette of the land she had been in fairly quickly and forward wasn’t something that people took kindly to. “As Curtis mentioned, we’re going to be getting close in one way or the other so why not start with the basics.” She gave a shrug before turning her attention to Azazel and looking him over as if she were taking in his form. “Hmm…a demon of some sort?” she guessed, taking up the invitation he had put out. “Don’t worry Huginn, we won’t try to guess what you are until you feel comfy.” She gave him a friendly smile before falling in step with the others toward the kitchen. “Old food is better than no food. Not to mention we have a seasoned cook in the ranks. I’m sure he could work some magic.” While her stomach could handle just about anything, be it old, raw, molded or what have you, she was well aware that most required at least semi fresh foods. She really hoped that the food was edible for the others or that the girl would return soon with fresh supply.

Tipsy Mage

((sorry about the delay I kept waiting on a reply from Prophet and he never did so just go on without him))

User Image

~Azazel Eclipse~

Azazel shook his head cheerfully when Vee guessed incorrectly; he did however think she made a good guess with what little information she had “Oh not even close, I’m most certainly not a demon.” His form was hardly meant to disguise himself, it was simply meant to make interacting with things in a world where humanoid’s were the most populous species easier. “

Azazel considered it a game now rather than a secret, but that meant he would probably be prone to random guessing about people’s respective species. “This way is certainly more fun if nothing else.” He was also just as worried about the age of the food as Curtis. He had not gotten a chance to check the kitchen in yet other than the brief glance in when they had walked by it earlier and was starting to worry about it. If the food had not been preserved with the same magic that had somehow frozen Airi and he in stasis then knowing how much the food had deteriorated would be a sign of how long it had been. Until now they had blamed their friend’s corpse turning to a skeleton on them botching the magic to preserve the body. This would be proof of the amount of time that had passed that they couldn’t just ignore or rationalize to themselves. As Curtis had suspected the food was no longer edible, what little left that hadn’t turned to dust was stale to the point of almost being rock like; the cans on the other hand were in a much worse state, a handful had burst open and the dried up remnants were still caked on some areas of the kitchen. "Well never mind then..."
User Image
*~*Darriyah*~*
Current location: Cartesia the wandering inn
Outfit for the day
Mood/thoughts: Quiet but sociable
Song currently playing: Nothing

Months, weeks, days, even years, Darriyah had been wandering this earth since she had last left the one place she called home. She had left behind her loved ones, her good memories, even her bad memories behind her. There was nothing left but to wander. Where would she go? What would she do? Her tribe back in Romania wouldn't want a traitor back nor would anyone else. She was done with everything.

As she wandered, a building came into view. She wanted to steer away from it but she couldn't. She was drawn to it as if it was calling to her. One minute, she is outside being drawn closer, the next she was inside, snapping out of her trance.

Shaking her head, she glances around trying to figure out where she was or how she even got inside.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"...Eugh." Curtis sneered his nose as he watched over the boy's shoulder. His tidy tendencies would probably end up cleaning up the entire kitchen later compulsively. But for now that was ignored, due to demands from his stomach.

"Well. That won't do at all. Gah- I was hoping there would be at least something other than vegetables. I can't be the only one who wouldn't take kindly to that sort of diet." He sighed, and took a step back, while pleadingly looking for other cabinets what could have possibly concealed hidden food.

"I wonder when the girl will be back, she has taken- ohh! That's the door again!" The wolf bolted back through the kitchen entrance, but wasn't met with the sight of the girl he had expected.

"-...you aren't a fair-haired little thing!" He said, startled by the new resident. He shook his head and composed himself. "Oh, uh...my apologies...Welcome to the house. I am Curtis Prise, who might you be..?"
User Image
*~*Darriyah*~*
Current location: Cartesia The wandering Inn
Outfit for the day

The scent of another wolf had reached her nostrils and before his voice reached her ears, she was turned about, meeting her sapphire gaze with his own. She rose an eyebrow to his first comment and smiled, revealing a hint of a fang. "Darriyah Song." she spoke, her accent thick. "Tis a pleasure."

Tipsy Mage

User Image

~Azazel Eclipse~

Azazel nodded in agreement with Curtis, the mess was rather annoying, not to mention the general lack of food. "Meat would be so nice right now...Or any food for that matter.." Like Curtis he would not take very kindly to a meatless diet. "I'm sure she'll be back soon, then we shall feast." He nodded a few more times to convince himself that Airi was as they spoke hurrying back with a large amount of meat.

Azazel was fairly sure that Airi would get annoyed at him for knowing about the mess in the kitchen and ignoring it but a new person was a fair bit more exiting then cleaning the kitchen. He ran right behind Curtis but unlike Curtis he already knew it wasn't Airi. He would know is she were back. " And I'm Azazel." He spoke up feeling a bit awkward for not having chimed in after they both had already introduced themselves but he supposed it was better then not introducing himself at all.
User Image
*~*Darriyah*~*
Current location: cartesia the wandering tavern
Outfit for the day

Darriyah's blue gaze moved from the wolf to the new person who had chimed in. She bows her head in respect with a soft smile. "Da, a pleasure to meet you both."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff