Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Never heard of anyone else using it. I've a mate who goes by Mal - that's a more common one, but he's more Indian than Scots, for all he's a British accent stronger than mine. And Edinburgh's a damn fine city." He grins. "Better than Glasgow by a long mile, at the least."
Malky gave a half-smile and wrote, "West-end. 80s. Skag out our ears. AIDS. Are you sure?" He then asked honestly, "What was Edinburgh in your day?" but continued, "They've both improved a lot recently, I'll admit. The crack stacks I took residence in are being torn down."
"Crowded." The bartender grins, obviously remembering events long past. "Interesting company to be had, if you'd the coin and the connections to get into the right bars: writers, thinkers, intellectuals. Jobs of the less savoury variety going as well - you'll've heard of Burke and Hare, I'll guess. Useful place to know your way around."
Malky thought for a moment about the connections and company he had. A split-second expression of despair crossed his face, but he finished his glass and answered with a casual shrug, "Useful to know your way around everywhere." He wanted to end the conversation, so he wrote, "I'm very tired. Goodnight?" as if asking if he could be excused.
"Aye, it is at that," Mac replies, leaving it somewhat ambiguous as to whether he's responding to the first remark or the last. "G'night. Was good to meet a fellow countryman - been far too few around the past few years."

He downs the rest of the drink, putting the glass down behind the counter as he heads for the back room.

((OOC: Aand I'm out, given it's 5am over here))
(( Ha, I assumed the wrong time zone. :'D Sorry and goodnight. ))

Friendly Regular

((Sorry all for my lack of being around - Jai's been passed out under the counter with a severe case of... er... the tireds. Or something.))

Jai lifts his head from below the counter and sighs as he realises he's missed everyone again. Damn.

Beloved Lover

User Image
Noticing the quaint cafe, Dahlia smiles softly and enters. She looks around for someone to talk to or perhaps just people watch, which she actually quite enjoys.

Beloved Lover

((Guess not... maybe next time.))

Friendly Regular

((Ack! Sorry! Please still be here? I was afk for a bit!))

Jai lifts himself up as he hears someone enter the cafe, hoping that he's caught them in time. He's been so remiss in his duties lately...

Beloved Lover

((hehe Ooo, lucky lucky. I was just about to sign out...))

Dahlia notices the man and greets him with a smile, her eyes twinkling a bit. She just adores meeting new people. Glancing him over, his seemingly plain appearance does not convince her. She approaches, "Well hello there. Open late...?" she nodded with a soft chuckle.

Friendly Regular

Jai beams and wipes his hands on his trousers. "Well, that depends on where you're coming from. I get people from all over." He laughs and gestures grandly at the cafe. "Welcome to Cafe J~ What can I get for you?"

Beloved Lover

"Well for me it's quite late" her delicate hand reached up in an attempt to politely hide a small yawn. Her lashes fluttered a bit, then looked at him warmly while she took a seat at the counter. "Since I probably should be making my way toward dreamland, how's about a nightcap?" she smirked. "Got any whiskey?" A slight giggle followed and she shifted her weight to cross her legs. A quick glimpse of her garter could be seen in the process, but she promptly adjusted her skirt to cover it once more.

Friendly Regular

Jai beams and nods. "Rocks or neat?" This is really more Mac's area of expertise, but he can pour a whiskey at the very least. He really wishes he could stop missing the other man; it feels like forever since they've had a chance to sit and talk. "So what brings you to my end of town, Miss...?"

Beloved Lover

Dahlia propped her elbow onto the counter and rested her cheek in the palm of her hand. "Actually, if you've got a spot of ginger beer I would love a splash of that on the rocks, please." She studied his demeanor, hard to say if it's more of a habit or obsession, but she just got such a thrill out of getting a 'read' off of a new acquaintance.
Inhaling deeply, she responded to his inquiry, "Just passing through I s'pose." Her head tilted a bit. "I enjoy exploring new places. Getting a taste here, there, and everywhere." Her gaze shifted out toward the front windows as she swirled her finger along her kneecap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff