Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interstellar Traveler

Interstellar Traveler

User Image Spike Spiegel

● Status: Decisive/Serious
● Current Location: Garden
● Objective: Defend Inn
● Theme: Tank!

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Glancing down at his Jericho 941, Spike’s resolve seemed to falter for an instant, he knew he was already at a disadvantage against opponents as formidable as the flame-creatures shambling about them, to be limited all the more by losing some of what firepower he had was risky, potentially fatal; but his decision was already made.
”I’ll be fine. Can’t exactly leave you fighting with a stick at a time like this.
Simply sparing Autumn a blank look at her retort for the loss of her hat, Spike paused for several seconds once he had succeeded in dragging Himiko a safe distance backward, attempting to ignore the building ache at his side. Being blasted outside the building had perhaps done more damage than he thought, but he had no intention of worrying about it now. Almost immediately Spike resumed fire on the nearest flamelurkers, forcing them to slow but not cease their approach as Autumn continued to comment on the situation before attempting to rouse Himiko also.
“Heh, what pressure?…”
Responding somewhat sarcastically as the flamelurkers closed in on their position, he fired another couple of shots at the nearest flamelurker’s arm, following his initial strike and the close-range shotgun blast fired by Autumn, the creature’s limb finally fell to the ground with a dull thud. The screech from the creature that followed was unpleasant, but nowhere near as unsettling as what followed.

Slightly startled as the light earth tremors increased in intensity, Spike placed one hand on the ground to better steady himself as they rapidly worsened until the shaking was violent enough to topple many of the flamelurkers surrounding Autumn, Himiko and himself, the creatures falling to the ground with confused howls. When the cracks in the earth grew and split into deep crevices, random elements erupting from below, Spike could hear many immense roars from deep underfoot until the ground exploded upward some distance from the main building. Shielding his face as fragments of earth showered down from above, Spike’s squinted through the lightening rain until his eyes widened upon seeing a horde of even more intimidating creatures charging from the hole ripped into the ground by the earthquake.
”Oh, C’MON!”
Looking somewhat exasperated at this, Spike’s annoyance quickly was replaced by a genuine look of unease as a large number of the creatures may have lurched in other directions, but a fair number were charging directly toward where he was crouched with Autumn and the seemingly unconscious Himiko. The distance was rapidly closed in what seemed like an instant, although a small flash indicated Himiko had activated the barrier she received in her trade with Yuuko with plenty of time before the beasts could present any threat.

Somewhat relieved as the earth oni headbutted the barrier and were merely thrown back as a result, Spike then heard Himiko speak, confirming she was indeed conscious, to which he glanced down at her and observed her stagger to her feet. Presently rising to his feet also, raising an eyebrow in a quizzical manner, Spike spared Himiko a somewhat sceptical look, eyes moving between her disorientated face and the new weapon she seemed to have conjured.
”…Are you?”
Half expecting a comment from Autumn before glancing back at the roof of the inn for an instant just before the barrier was lowered, the oni lunged forward almost immediately, to which Spike dove aside, allowing the first of the disgruntled oni to charge on, their attack on them already forgotten and they continued toward the main building; plenty more remained however. Another earth oni snapped its mismatched teeth at Spike, shearing away a sleeve of his jacket as he hopped backward, slightly unsteadily in his haste to dodge a swipe from it’s hand; he barely dodged the lunge of the earth oni, only for the rampaging creature to suddenly swing its other arm blindly in his direction with a roar. Mindless, and vicious; they were simply attacking anything that moved. This made them unpredictable however, to which Spike was unable to dodge the second strike; even just as a glancing blow he was hurled backward easily and thrown back into a nearby lightning oni. Stunned, Spike exhaled unsteadily and shook his head before he peered upward as the creature snarled, its form starting to crackle with electricity. User Image
”S**t!”
Quickly aiming his pistol upward and firing up through the creature’s chin whilst it loomed over him, the close-range shot into its head was enough to kill the creature, although the electricity it generated was yet to discharge. Attempting to get out of range, Spike dove forward onto the grass as the electricity surged toward him in a small lightning burst which went on to shock a nearby flamelurker; the back of Spike’s jacket however was singed from the close-proximity of the lightning and one portion smoked slightly. Sparing himself only some seconds to regain his barings, Spike was certain he could see some manner of mech amongst the many demonic creatures in the area, although it vanished from sight as more oni lumbered in their direction.
”Urgh…”
Pushing himself off the ground and forcing himself to his feet once again, Spike paused only to reload his pistol and start moving in an attempt to avoid any other immediate attacks, scanning his vicinity to see what became of Autumn and Himiko as a mass of spiders began to overcome many of the flamelurkers and some oni.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC: Okay, three more posts up.
That drawing is awesome Faceless!
No worries about Nolan, I'm factoring in that he's got a fair disadvantage there. Lol.
Will make a point of going easier on Mistress and Isshu until you can be online Mission. Don't worry about that.

Dapper Genius

2,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Patient 095: The Oracle

User Image

The Oracle was disturbed by the shifting earth around him. After a nasty teleportation attempt gone awry, he found himself buried approximately 15 feet under the ground. "No matter," he thought, as he was sure that someone would find him eventually. Unfortunately, that "someone" happened to be an Earth Oni. It shifted the dirt around him, throwing him from his hiding place. As he flew through the air, he exclaimed happily, "You found me! I never thought I'd... oh... these people seem new."

"Even I can sense the malice in these new guests." Edward interrupted. "We have missed our opportunity to reason with them. Now is the time for more aggressive action."

"Aye aye cap'n!" exclaimed the Oracle. He righted himself in mid air, and landed in a hedge, which luckily broke his fall.

"Hey look! It's Not-So-Spikey-Spike!" He exclaimed to no one in particular. "Hi Spike!"

The bullets whizzed past.

"Ahhh! Don't shoot me!"

While trying to dodge bullets, it became clear to the Oracle that Spike was in trouble. He needed a distraction so he could get some breathing room and move the others to safety.

He took cover behind a hedge, chopped at it with his arm, and stood on it. He had somehow, through the random patterns of chopping at it, trimmed it into a shape resembling a rubber duck.

He leaped on top of the hedge, and shouted in the direction of the Oni,

"LOOK AT MY HORSE! MY HORSE IS AMAZING!"

"I....I give up." said Edward, head in his hand.

Wealthy Fatcat

3,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
xxxxxŦαkαħαşħ𝔦 Ħ𝔦𝖒𝔦kσxxxxx

User Image£σcαʈ𝔦σŋ: Outside
Åcʈ𝔦σŋ: Attempting to survive
Yʊkαʈα Ċσ𝔩σѓ: See picture
❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

Himiko stumbled slightly, her ruined yukata barely hiding her small breasts as it flapped in the light breeze. The raked gash across her chest bled profusely, but it had slipped into a numbness where she couldn't feel it at all. The yukata was hampering her movement, and she cut the bottom half off, creating a sort of mini-skirt that allowed her to move. Dazed, she stepped forward and tilted sideways, avoiding a slash from one of the electrical oni, and clumsily chopped upward. The blade of pure spiritual energy neatly sliced the oni in half, and the young woman absent-mindedly stepped between a few of the other, much larger oni as they tried to hit her.

Without realizing it, Himiko stumbled into Spike's line of fire, and she threw up both her hands and a barrier. The bullets riccochetted off into the oni surrounding her, wounding them. Angry, the ones immediately around her, all of them flamelurkers, turned and blasted her with fire. After a moment, they stopped, and as the smoke cleared, Himiko's barrier flickered away and a white ring expanded out from her, bisecting the small group.

Of course, she didn't understand what she was doing, being mostly unconscious, but when someone started shouting about horses, she turned to look at it. An earthen fist cracked into her jaw and sent her spinning. Miraculously she landed on her feet, and managed to snap her dislocated jaw back into place before she was electrocuted, paralyzing her while she screamed, and then the electric oni that shocked her pounded her back, sending her flying once again. This time, however, she landed on her face and slid several feet before collapsing and didn't move. A large smoking hole had been burned into her back and it sizzled, the fabric burned away by the heat of the electricity.

Wealthy Fatcat

3,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Mårʈin, ʈhe Wizårɗ
User Image

The oni wanted to see a display of his magic? "My pleasure," he growled. He didn't know what Issou was going to do, having not studied her branch of magic yet, but if she wanted to hit her staff with a bolt of lightning, then he was glad that the idiotic oni would give him the chance to take the time to target the spell.

The (now huge) black cat sat back on his haunches and raised his paws. The tension in the air rose and both hair and fur in the immediate area would start to prickle at the jump of electrons. giving a general area for a bolt of lightning from the sky was always easier than choosing a target, and it took a long moment of concentration for him to pick out the staff. The clouds directly above swirled for a moment before Martin let out an echoing wildcat RAWR and a blinding flash of light reached out of the clouds and struck Issou's staff and disappeared. Once again the deafening boom was displaced into the sky where it merely rumbled ominously.

Martin dropped back to all fours and prepared himself for an attack, using however long Issou took and the oni remained distracted to pile enchantments on himself.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Y U N I Q U E

(( I really gotta stop writing so much... TT^TT ))
User Image

Yuni licked her bloodied lips, carefully turning about as the kitsune circled her. She didn't like being circled. In fact, she didn't like the circular shape. It was too... round. What was interesting was how the sound of her bones popping stopped the beast mid-stride. Like a dog hearing a whistle, or a cat with a bell jingling nearby.

Hey. Hey kid...

The Nekojin saw a tongue come at her, her scythe set in front of her. The flicker of paper distracted Yuni, ears twitching and pupils slitting up with the feline urge to pounce on it. No, bad kitty! Stay fuzzy and focused! The paper smelled like it was a defense against the demonic kind, anyhow, so it wouldn't have been good for Yuni to play with... It sure didn't look like the kitsune was going to play with it, as she reeled back and was taunted by the other.

Kid. Furrball.

Icy eyes narrowed, the additional weight thrown onto the top of her scythe upsetting her footing for a moment. There was a fox-thing on her weapon. On her baby. She was biting her baby. Yuni snarled, glaring up at the demon. A shame it clung to the end of the scythe that didn't have the point sticking out... Yuni gave the weapon a little shake-shake and hissed when she found the kitsune's grip was like stink of a skunk.

Don't mess me up, Nytmaer... Be a good, whateveryaare, and I'll let you play. Deal? Yuni mentally replied to the chorus of cacophonous voices in her mind, ears tipped back in disgust at how the thing was chuckling with glee. I'm almost hopin' Kai shows... It's gonna get real messy, real quick, if you get out...

About time... Save the kidneys for me, if it has them. And don't ruin the body before I get to play.

F*ck off.

Those parts too.

Yuni huffed and nonchalantly hefted the staff of her scythe onto a shoulder, looking around quickly to get a glance-over of the battle around her. The elemental oni's had favored those that weren't fighting the kitsune twins, and the Nekojin was eyeing up a sparky beast. A grin slowly spread, splitting her face in two almost. Her free hand dug into her pocket till an odd looking yo-yo was produced, the loop set around her finger and the ball tossed out twice to make sure the metal line was kink free.

"Come come, stay a while... I was jus' 'bout to start the barbie..." Yuni said, flinging the ball up at Nirriti and letting it wind around her body and the bulk of her scythe. She tugged. Yeah, that should be tight enough... Now Yuni would skip over to the electrical oni and joust the tip of her fox-covered scythe into his sparky back. The hard rubber soles of her boots pushed into the earth as she rammed the kitsune into the oni, exhaling and readying for the current to make it down the special metal.

Partying Sex Symbol

12,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
User Image
User Image

BloodLust Level: Unfathomable

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lady Hanyo's vision blurred. Well, it was more like the hues were shifting. Everything went red, like she were wearing red lenses. Rose colored glasses.... yes, that's what it was like. Suddenly, The world was red. And it was marvelous. So much blood for the taking... The succubus burst into manic laughter, a sound so beyond mirth. A deranged laughter that sent shivers up one's spine. The laughter continued even as her mouth filled with flesh and blood, adding a garbling, gurgle to it that only made it that much worse to listen to. And it was loud... it echoed off the trees and the building, sounding like there were ten succubi rather than just one.

Oni fell under her, blood spattering and pouring out in torrents. No amount of earth could impede her lust driven craze. No frozen gusts could halt her attack. No burning fire would distract her. No electric shock would down her. She fought through each retaliation from the oni as if it were just a smokescreen, deadly elemental energies nothing more than a fog she blasted through with apparent ease. They continued to surround her, and continued to spill delicious blood as they were torn apart.

There was, however, a serious danger here. She was a danger to anyone in her path. Everything was now prey for her. She wanted every drop of blood. Human or demon, friend or foe, it didn't matter. Beyond that, she was a danger to herself. Any injury was going completely unnoticed. She would fight, she would drink blood, she would continue laughing. Nothing but death would stop her.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Partying Sex Symbol

12,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

Я Ɏ Ʉ Ʉ
T H ExxM I S T R E S S ' xxY O U N G E RxxS I S T E R
T H ExxI N NxxG A R D E N E R

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
MOOD ( » Determined ) x xWEARING ( » Spider Form ) x xLOCATION ( » Inside Inn )

Ryuu landed inside the crumbling inn. She sandy fox creatures had streaked off out of sight. Her prayer notes lay on the ground, apparently having missed. She sighed. Nobody's perfect, right? Looking around, the inside of the inn was nearly unrecognizable in this state. Dirt and debris littered every surface. The usual light, comforting atmosphere was gone, replaced with chaos and uncertainty. It pained Ryuu to see this. She gathered herself for a moment, and tried to follow wherever those kitsune creatures had gotten to. A dirty paw print and some strands of fur led her down the ruined hallway.
Out of a crumbling wall, she saw them. One was bound to the Nekojin's scythe, the other had rounded on Isshu. Yuni apparently had things under control, but Ryuu was concerned for Isshu. She was, when you came right down to it, just an old woman after all. Could her reflexes, though faster and better than most, really be any match for this creature? Ryuu pounced onto the fox, leaping agilely from her half-concealed stance behind the wall. She pressed three legs onto Rudara's tails, pinning him down to the ground. Her long, sharp legs sunk a few inches through his tails into the earth, rendering him no escape. Her remaining six legs she flailed into a fury of kicks, aiming for every part of the kitsune she could reach, though avoiding its long jaw of razor teeth. Its bones made very satisfying crunching noises under her blows.
"Where is he?" she shouted at Rudara as she struck him. "Where is Scratch? Tell me!" she hissed angrily. She knew these creatures were different than the hoards of creatures they had been fighting. These two had to know something. They were not a mindless army, not disposable or useless. They were here for a reason. "Tell me everything!"

Interstellar Traveler

Interstellar Traveler

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas