Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
~The Mistress of Blooming Lotus~

The Mistress smiled as Jessica bowed her head, a symbol of such respect and although this young woman was a hot blooded American, she knew the time and place for such respect. The Mistress was all about respect and treating others with kindness and care, something she liked to instill in everyone that worked for her. Such a wise creature the Mistress was and only those who truly deserved her wisdom would be grated her advisement, in Jessica's case it granted her a job.
Taking the little kettle's handle, the geisha looking woman poured steaming green tea into one of the gray cups sitting on the table. She then set down the kettle and grasped the cup to put it in front of her pastry chef. "Ah, green tea, such a relaxing drink. Calms the nerves and rejuvenates the body as well as the mind," she said thoughtfully then looked at Jessica with misty gray eyes as she sipped her tea , "How are your baking classes? I trust your Japanese cooking techniques are expanding smoothly, as well as your vocabulary of course." It was hard to find a proper school in Japan that offered courses in English, but the young American seemed to do fine at least in baking.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Interstellar Traveler

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

User Image
Stretching his arms skyward Spike gave a massive yawn as he casually sauntered his way toward the building ahead. Lowering his arms slowly and letting them come to rest behind his head of unruly black-blue hair, the tall and somewhat thin bounty hunter blinked sleepily as he progressed along the lightly-trodden narrow pathway.

Two weeks and not a bounty head in sight. Spike had wandered further and further afield to try and find some leads but with little luck so far. Forced to make an emergency landing in a nearby field, at this point he no longer knew where he was at all. All he did know was his ship was out of fuel and he was almost out of cash. If a lead was coming up, now was a good time for it. At this point he would go for any kind of work, but first he needed some downtime and lack of remaining options dictated this elegant and highly traditional Japanese locale was going to be the place.

Several paces from the door Spike lowered his arms, scanning his surroundings before blinking slowly as he reached for the back pocket of his black suit. Rummaging through for a few seconds, he grimaced somewhat at what he retrieved for his efforts, a tattered box of cigarettes and several crumpled notes; at a glance a paltry 150₩ at best.

"Pfft, is that it? Great, I don't even know if these guys accept this currency."

With a shrug of indifference Spike replaced the notes in his pocket and removed one partially bent cigarette from the tattered box before replacing it in his pocket also. Placing the cigarette in his mouth and straightening the collar of his yellow shirt before continuing forward, he began to root around in his other pocket for a lighter whilst leaning into the door in front of him and sliding it open.

”Anybody home?”

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

As the American and Japanese woman sat at the table chatting about Jessica's classes, in the distance, the Mistress could hear the approach of someone. By the steps taken she could tell it was a rather tall male figure, a bit of a lazy stride as well. "Ah, a customer," she said with a small smile to Jessica and set her cup down on the table.
The Mistress was standing up when the Inn's front entrance slid open with ease and a rather husky voice asked if anyone was home. With a light chuckle the elegant woman turned around to see a rugged, but handsome fellow.
The Mistress then looked down at Jessica, "Could you run into the kitchen and get a small bowl my dear? This gentlemen is in need of an ashtray," she remarked and turned back to her customer.
"Welcome to the Blooming Lotus," she mused with a rather graceful bow, "How can I be of service to you?"

Interstellar Traveler

User Image
Calmly looking about himself and particularly noting the pristine interior of the building, Spike subconsciously took note of all windows and doors as he felt his hand contact the object of his search. Grasping and retrieving the metallic lighter from his pocket, his eyes came upon whom he would assume was the owner of the venue, approaching with a grace and elegance he rarely came to see in the circles he would often tread. Maintaining his watch on the approaching woman he raised the lighter, activating it smoothly and raising the flame to the cigarette perched between his lips, one corner of his mouth rising a few degrees into a crooked smile as the woman greeted him in an alluringly charming manner.

"Hey."

Disengaging the lighter as the cigarette ignited, Spike replaced the object in his pocket as the woman before him took the most graceful of bows, humbling even him slightly to the point of averting his gaze for an instant before looking upon her again with a slow inhalation of his cigarette and continuing.

"I was looking to see if I could stay here for a while. My transport is a little immobile right now..."

Exhaling the smoke slowly, he analysed the woman's reactions carefully before continuing, adopting a slightly more formal tone.

"For the moment, could I trouble you for a drink?"

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

"But of course," The Mistress said with a decedent smile as misty eyes gazed upon the male's facial expressions, he seemed rather laid back and informal. No matter, anyone was welcome here and he certainly did seem like interesting character.
"I ask only that you refrain from smoking indoors, I only allow incense to burn and hookah for my patron's enjoyment. I am the Mistress of Blooming Lotus and bid you welcome into my humble abode traveler," she introduced herself with her chin held high in confidence then turned about to head back into the sitting room. "We have a fully stocked wet bar, small but spacious. What kind of drink suits your tastes?"

Interstellar Traveler

User Image
Pausing to absorb her response, Spike's initial conclusion proved correct, she was indeed the owner and very traditionally-inclined at that. For several seconds he amused himself with taking in her elegant appearance whilst she spoke. However, at the mention of indoor smoking being prohibited, the cigarette in his mouth drooped slightly.

"Ah, I'm sorry, I didn't realise."

Taking the cigarette from his mouth he lifted his left foot and stubbed out the cigarette on the underside of his boot before lowering his foot again, retaining the cigarette in his hand.

"I should have known, you have a fine establishment here; you can hardly call it humble at all."

Spike mused on this as the elegant owner turned at the mention of bar facilities, her gaze aimed toward a nearby doorway, whereas his remained on her.

"Bourbon whiskey, straight, no ice."

Interesting Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

Ryuu
The Mistress's Younger Sister
The Inn Gardener

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser Image

A gentle breeze swept through the air, leaves chasing each other while the birds sang in harmony. A light smile could be seen upon the lips of a young Japanese woman as she walked across the bridge, sapphire, almost black eyes watching as the Koi fish swim. A gentle hum could be heard from this woman as well, the words "Mado Kara Mieru" slipping past her lips. Her voice was soft, shockingly beautiful as the words were just in whispers. It was a song her mother used to sing to her sister and herself to put them to bed.

As the woman entered the Zen Garden, she was welcomed by little mocking birds. She giggled softly as she put her hand out, one of the birds gently landed on it. It stared at the woman, head tilted a bit, and after moments began singing. Her dark red eyes shut as she began walking, humming along with the bird. It was peaceful, quiet.

" Well...I best make my way back to the Inn. Fair travel's little one! " Ryuu said softly, kissing the birds head gently before raising her hand. It was hesitant at first, but after looking back to Ryuu, it chirped a bit before flying off. A small scent flew by Ryuu's nose as she made her way down the stone cobbled path. A small smirk took hold of Ryuu's soft pink tinted lips. " Sister has made her green tea... " she said with a laugh.

Soon enough, Ryuu had approached the Inn, only to see sister was busy with a customer. She stepped inside the Inn, slipping her wooden geta sandals off and placing them away from the entrance. She smiled brightly at her sister and the new customer as she gave a small bow to the two before making her way into the sitting room.

Out Of Chocolate:
<3

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

"Thank you," she said as he snuffed out the cigarette, Jessica would be back soon with the ashtray and he could continue his smoking outside perhaps in the Zen Garden or even the hot spring just out the back door of the sitting room. The Mistress turned at the sound of her sisters sandals clicking up the steps of the inn. Wonderful to see her in such high spirits, the Mistress offered Ryuu a small bow of the head to acknowledge her with a graceful smile before following her younger sister inside.
Looking to the young man at the entrance still, "Please come in and take a seat," she said motioning to the cushions on the floor. "This lovely woman is my sister, Ryuu, she is a most spectacular gardener," she introduced then she tilted her head to the side slightly and said, "I'm sorry, but I did not catch your name traveler."
The Mistress then busied herself in the corner of the sitting room where the wet bar stood stocked with different types of liquor, mixers, sakes, and much more. Setting a small glass on the counter, The Mistress uncorked a bottle of amber liquor for her customers request and mentioned, "There is tea on the table if you like, green tea of course. Oh yes! and Jessica made some treats today, they are on the tray just there."
Filling the glass, The Mistress corked the bottle before coming around to hand her newest customer his drink, "I hope it pleases you," she said with a smile.

Interesting Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

Ryuu
The Inn Gardener

x x x↙↙ xxxxxxxxxxxxxx made by rinoa
m o o d ( » pleased / hapy ) x x x l i s t e n i n g ( » to her surroundings ) x x x w e a r i n g ( » This ) x x x x x

Ryuu smiled shyly, a gentle pink tinting her cheeks as her sister spoke of her. " Sister...! " she spoke through a laugh. She walked towards the end of the room, stopping to look outside a moment. Turning around, she gave a graceful bow, a smile smile accompanying her as she did so. " It's a pleasure to meet you. " Ryuu said before rising once more. She walked towards the end of the table, softly moving down onto her knee's and taking her seat. She smoothed out her kimono a bit before reaching for the kettle. With her other hand, she grabbed one of Jessica's treats. They were still nice and warm, as well as the tea. She smell rose to her nose, and she inhaled deeply enjoying it.

" Everything is still so fresh. Glad I returned in time, sister. " Ryuu said with a laugh. She sat the kettle back in its place before placing her hands atop her lap. " Oh sister, I meant to tell you that I think we have a new friend about the garden. It was a fox, and quite loving at that. " Ryuu said with a small laugh. She then reached out, taking hold of her glass and sipping it lightly.

Out Of Chocolate:
<3

Interstellar Traveler

Noticing movement outside, Spike's gaze shifted slightly as a distinctive light tapping of sandals neared in proximity until another equally attractive young woman emerged in the doorway. Spike's eyebrow quirked in interest as the owner delicately thanked him, offering encouragement to proceed into the premises and introducing the new arrival as her Sister, Ryuu. Unusually, Spike did not respond immediately, his attention remained on the new arrival and particularly her action of removing her sandals before proceeding. Perhaps she was aware of this observation as she smiled, Spike offering her a nod of greeting before she continued on into the room the owner had been detailing to him. Following this pause the elegant owner commented on the gardening prowess of Ryuu before requesting his name, at this Spike started slightly, his increasingly awkward position all-to-suddenly became apparent to him; he inwardly cursed himself for letting his curiosity become too much of a distraction.
User Image
"So it was her handiwork I was admiring on the way here, she sure has a knack for cultivating plants."

He took a step in the direction of the sitting room before letting his gaze drop to his boots, at this he reached down and tugged off his boots quite inelegantly. In his haste he almost lost his balance twice, making the process look quite comical; though in fairness to him, this was not an action he would usually perform. Triumphantly depositing his boots next to the door, he straightened and smoothed out his jacket casually with a slight sigh, looking back toward the waiting woman, he approached the room.

"Spike, Spike Spiegel; is it too rash to ask for your name also, Madam?"

Lop-sided smile returning, Spike flopped down on one of the cushions with perhaps more fervour than even he expected; carefree façade aside he was a lot more weary than he cared to admit. Letting his eyes sweep over the wet bar and the tray, he noticed another occupant in the room, not as yet introduced and clearly not of Japanese decent as the other women were; noting her presence he gave her a nod in greeting also before gratefully accepting the drink from the Mistress, gaze fixed upon her once more before offering one more comment, raising the glass to his lips.

"I am confident it will."

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

The Mistress chuckled lightly at his inquiry of her name and the bit of a show he made taking off his boots, "I am simply Mistress," she said lightly. Not a graceful or elegant bone in his body, this young man was very interesting to the Mistress. She wondered to herself how long he would be staying.
As he started his drink and her younger sister drank her tea, The Mistress almost floated to a near by dark stained wooden dresser. Opening the top drawer, she took out a black leather bound book and made her way back to the table upon hearing Ryuu's little tale of a fox in the garden, "How sweet, perhaps you and Jessica can take the little dear some food. I'm sure the creature would find that satisfying." Smiling, she looking to her earlier work of art and saw the paint had dried, "Excuse me for a moment while I hang this up, then we shall talk of your accommodations."
Taking the parchment, the Mistress decided to hang it just below a shelf so those seated at the table could gaze upon in. She would add tassels to the piece later. "Lovely," she said then turned back to the others, taking a seat on a cushion.
Opening up the black book and taking the brush set aside on the table, Mistress looked to the gentleman, "Now, how long will you be staying with us Spiegel-kun?"

Slow a woman with red skin walk out "hmm" walk over to the inn the one Tooth geta she wear make a click sound "let see..." walks and knocks on The door talking to her self "l hope yokais are okay.."she said to her self And look around waiting for someone to come to the door not wanted to be rude

Interesting Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

Ryuu
The Inn Gardener

x x x↙↙ xxxxxxxxxxxxxx made by rinoa
m o o d ( » pleased / hapy ) x x x l i s t e n i n g ( » to her surroundings ) x x x w e a r i n g ( » This ) x x x x x

Ryuu laughed gently, nodding towards the man, known as Spike, as she watched him a bit. " Well thank you very much. I do spend most of my time either wandering the area or tending to the plants. " Ryuu said a bit sheepishly. She took hold of the pastry that lay on her plate, pulling it apart a bit before raising it to her mouth. She took a small bite, chewing the pastry slow and savoring each moment of the wonderful flavors. " Your improving greatly on your cooking Jessica! " Ryuu commented with a light laugh and a pure smile.

Ryuu jumped lightly in surprise as a yellow fur-ball, quick as lightning, leaped onto her shoulder. It blinked about before narrowing it's big crimson eyes on Spike, who sat across the table from Ryuu. It then sat straight, tilting its head to the side a bit. " Miaww! " spoke the small animal, in a cute, high pitched tone. After a moment of collecting herself, Ryuu looked to her shoulders and began laughing once more. " My, Michi! You always make an entrance. " Ryuu said, petting her on the head gently.

Ryuu's attention was then brought back to her sister and their new guest. " Possibly. I saw it lying by the pond under the bridge. " she said lightly. She blinked her big dark red eyes at Spike as she tore a piece of the pastry apart, giving it to Michi, who once had it ran off. She laughed a bit, taking another sip of tea. Her eyes glanced over to the side, examining the beauty of her sister art work. " Another well done, my dear sister. " It was within the moment of her sister asking the man a question, a knock was heard from the front.

Out Of Chocolate:
<3

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

As little Michi made her grand appearance to the table, Mistress cooed how such a good girl Michi was. With a chuckle as the little fox demon (you are going with fox demon yes? If not I shall change it) scampered away with her treat, The Mistress was please to hear Ryuu liked the calligraphy art.
The Mistress smiled to her younger sibling, "Thank you Ryuu that is kind of you to say. Perhaps tomorrow we can work on your calligraphy together," she often liked to teach her sister little traditional skills, then there was a knock coming from the front. "Ah, another customer, a woman too. Would you be so kind as to greet her?" she asked of Ryuu. She wanted to get Spike's information in the book before others came

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff