Demonic Bloodsucker

10,675 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Black Dragon Tavern

User Image

Spring is in the air

Spring is in full bloom in the woods of Gaia. as trees and plants come out of their winter slumber. buds appearing on trees and small plants alike. as the first of the daffodils make their way in to yellow blooms. small mammals that slept the winter away are waking up and bringing out their young to explore their big new world. Good god they are all twitter paited. The days are getting warmer as the season slowly makes its way into summer. The tavern itself is covered in green as the trees that make up the building burst into life. hopefully the foundation wont crack this time....

Somewhere in the immense forests of northern Gaia, between Barton and Durem. Those lost in the woods may find themselves at the front of the tavern before realizing that was the place they were searching for. A sanctuary for those in need, a haven for those in trouble.

The Building
Welcome travelers. If you have stumbled this way you have gone off the beaten path. The trees thicken and an overgrown deteriorating path leads the way to a clearing revealing a large building that appears to be falling apart. A tree at each corner of the building appears to be growing into the framework where it’s hard to tell where the building starts and the tree begins. A bell tower stands up above the tree line on gusty nights the sound of the bell can be heard, muted with overgrowth from the clear sound it once had. There is light coming from the windows. The smell of a fireplace burning inside. Life exists here.

An old stable of the same frame work sits off to the side a glow hangs inside. A place to welcome weary mounts.

Walking up the stone steps to the large wooden doors. Faded by time, each is engraved with a dragon. The doors so old they may just creak if they were moved. But make a sound they do not. The stone flooring continues through out the building, black slate slabs of rock swirled with white and rose quarts, smoothed and polished. From here it does appear the trees are part of the framework, their branches reaching overhead creating the rafters themselves. The lower halves manipulated by magic to create seating and tables out of the living wood. Only the pillars of the arena block ones view from the expanse of the inside. Two sets of stair cases lead to a second floor one at the back of the tavern and one directly to the right on the other side of the little zen pool. The sound of running water just to the right of the door. A little zen pool with a waterfall. A few koi fish swimming beneath the rippling surface. A contrast of black floors, white and red paper lights and couches, warm brown walls with specks of green from budding branches and accents of color here and there decorating the place.

The Bar
To the left sits an ebony bar its black wood glistening in the hanging lanterns. That light the area just enough to not be bright. Stools crafted of the same wood as the trees have grown to be comfy seats for those sitting at the bar. Behind the bar is a swinging door placed in the center, leading to a kitchen. On either side running its length sits two mirrors covering the wall up to the next floor. Shelves sit just in front of the mirror full of bottles of various liquor. While another shelf holds various form of wine glasses, shot glasses, brandy snifters and mugs. There is also an area set up behind the bar for ale and beer strait from the tap. A cabinet set up under the bottles is locked holding drinks that are not meant for just anyone. A mini fridge holds other beverages cold. Generally filled with soda and juice. Shelves under the bar hold extra items and provide a storage space for various things. Drawers built into the bar hold other things like the keys to the rooms. A second door near the descending stairs leads to an underground wine cellar. Kept locked most of the time. Tables appear scattered randomly about the floor near the bar chairs circling them neatly. With a few booths along the wall for a bit more secluded place to be.

The Kitchen
Any Chefs dream. Stainless steel table tops hold various implements leaving plenty of room to create. A large oven and stove top for cooking. And in the back a three binned sink. One table having a marble surface. Racks up against the wall hold endless amounts of raw ingredients. There always seems to be fresh fruits and vegetables on one set of shelves. Dry ingredients on another. Pots and pans on yet another. There is also a walk in fridge and freezer. Both fully stocked with cooked and uncooked dishes and raw ingredients. Farther back by the sinks is another door leading to a smoker. Often kept full of meats in various stages of curing. A note sits attached to one particular shelf. A reminder of who is allergic to what.

The Arena
In the center of the room stood four pillars. Each etched with a black dragon. In a different pose, and seemingly always changing. Though they never change while one is looking. But always appear changed if one looks back. Red jeweled eyes gave a sense of being watched. Between those four pillars is a square hole. Twenty feet on each side between pillars. Three feet down and into a Fighting ring. The matt and walls softened by padding. A shimmering barrier kept attacks from entering or escaping the ring but doesn’t hinder the view of any fight that might be going on. Once inside the ring itself the space seems to have grown in size. Double to triple the size of the outside. When the Arena is not in use for fighting there is often some sort of play ground or structures used for various training of those that ask. Light green couches are curled around two sides of the ring. Allowing those sitting there to watch the fight.

The Lounge
On the right side of the entrance was the fireplace with more soft chairs and couches of various colors. Ebony end tables and coffee tables were spread about here. The only section that had a rug to make the area a bit more cozy. The rug was thick, soft and varied in color and different paterns. A book case set into the wall next to the fire place held a variety of books collected around Gaia. Closer to the back of the tavern sat a toy box. A bean bag chair or two and an easy to clean mat about the area for any child that was around. It was a family friendly place after all. A swing set hung in the rafters but only came down when someone wished to swing. Though there was only one fireplace in the building it never went out. Except on rare occasions. And always put off enough heat to keep the whole building warm.

The Hotsprings
At the back of the tavern there were three doors. A closet full of blankets for those falling asleep on the couch and cleaning supplies. Though those were hardly needed now. There was a wash room complete with showers sinks and restrooms. The third door led to an outside hot springs. Once the door opened steam would pour into the tavern. There was a small changing area to the right of the door. And stones able to be used as seats. Plenty of towels could be found as well as various kinds of water toys. Water wings balls that could float, tubes that little children could sit in and not drown. There were also bathing suits for those that preferred modesty. And bath robes for those wanting something than their own clothes to get back to their room in. for those leaving torn dirty clothes would find them patched up and clean by the time they get out. The hot spring itself is a ladder of pools ranging from super hot to luke warm. The largest pool the closest to the door is a decent temp for most hot spring goers. Each pool is fed by a water fall coming out of the natural stone wall that surrounds hot springs. cascading from pool to pool till it gets to the coolest. The wall there to keep outside life on the outside. Though seeing the foliage of the hot springs it is not the same as the foliage around the tavern. If one looked to the stars they would notice they were not the same. And looking back to the door there was no sign of a tavern. Just a large stone cliff with a door in the center. The hot springs were located in another place and realm entirely from the tavern. As an added bonus the hot springs were able to heal those with injuries. It probably couldn't save ones life if they were dieing but it can mend broken bones, cuts bruises and help with the pain of over worked muscles. It is recommended that if the injuries are life threatening you look for one of the healers about. A last thought on the hot springs. While its generally accepted that sharing is acceptable not everyone wants to and the tavern will create a hot spring just for the ones who wish to bathe alone.

The second floor and the rafters.
All about the edge of the second floor near the tree like rafters was a walkway. A railing made out of tree branches kept those up there from accidently falling off. Wide enough for small tables, with chairs giving one an over head view of the tavern below. A couch or two set aside mostly for sleeping in the darker areas. a hammock was set up hanging over the bar. There were several doors up here leading off to rooms that don't appear to exist from the outside of the tavern. Doors often appear and disappear as needed. Up here was darker. For those that prefer the dark. On the walk way above the entrance sat a lone black fridge wrapped in chains. A stair case starting at the second floor led up to a door that let people out onto the roof of the tavern. For those preferring to hide in the tree like rafters they would find the branches accommodating. If sleeping up there the branches would weave into a nest keeping the sleeper from falling out.

The rooms
The rooms were all equipped with a bed and bathroom complete with shower. A dresser for their things. Unless they are a long time patron of the bar, hired or have kids. Those rooms have changed for their occupants to be self sustaining houses. Not a single room was attached to the tavern except by a door. Each room was located some ways off. Or in other realms entirely. Some people would have a view of the ocean as they seemed to be perched on the side of a cliff. Others the jungle. Others still higher north located hidden in trees or under ground. The rooms work that only the occupants of that room or the tavern owners can get in. anyone else who tries to open the door would find it opens to the forest outside. Unless expressed they are invited in. Watch your step its a long way down. If the door is damaged or destroyed. The portal linking the room to the tavern is broken until the time that the tavern repairs itself. Tavern blows up your stuck in your room lest you want to go out the window. Good luck being in the right realm. Thats totally up to the occupant of the room.

The area around the tavern.
The building was surrounded by trees that extend into a large forest. Home to various demons and no demon creatures alike. Various paths run around the building but most leading out from the front door. One such path leads to a large lake about three miles from the tavern. Streams flow in and out of it. And there are hidden surprises in its depth. The path to the lake is the most worn of the paths. Near the lake just off the path sits the grave site of several people. That had at one time or another had called the place home. Or friends of the owner even worthy adversary’s. The graves labeled with merely a name and a bit of thought into the person who had died. Lokaia god of all things fallen, Angel Oni, Raith, Nightshade, Yuki, Helen, Matthew, Kayla and Dark aka Puppy. Two of the graves were intricately made to represent the two people who were most loved by all those in the tavern. A child resembling the lost girl Yuki. Looking happy as she often had and Nightshade holding that of an infant in her arms as she looked to the sky. None of the bodies save for one sat beneath their graves.

Those that fly the sky would note the indentation of several craters in the ground. The newest bare of any trees. An outside arena where fighters can go all out. An old one that its center sat the Black Dragon tavern. The trees younger but just as large as the surrounding forest. One farther away marked with a grave marker and a reminder of the fight. A garden sat around the black stone marker. A peculiar tree was hidden in the forest planted to help the forest flourish and regrow quickly.

For those of you still kind enough to be reading the description. The tavern is alive. It is sentient and has a soul. Those characters that can sense and see such thinks would be able to. The tavern doesn't talk but can send down signs when it wishes to. But has a sense of humor, and can and will defend itself from attack from the inside or the outside. Its been known to throw people out or into the arena. Its main defense against outside attack is a shield of magic. Inside it can also produce shields. Though using its foundation and branches have also been done. The tavern has been known to cover sleepers with a blanket when feeling nice. The spell work and foundation magic of the building runs deep and is not easily broken. The tavern is self cleaning as well as self repairing. This does not mean you can go around breaking things just to see it get fixed. Though the self cleaning allows it to absorb any excess energy of those inside if they appear to be a threat. So that means no energy blasts. It will get absorbed before it causes any damage. And your character will be left as weak as an infant.

Employment
If you wish to apply for a job here the process is very simple. Just fill out the following form and pm it to me (LanyaD the owner))

Employment form.
Gaian name:
Name:
Why you think you deserve the job:

Job list

Owner
- LanyaD- Lanya
Co Owner
- AngelOni87- Angel Oni
Bartenders
- Red of Battlefire - Light and Red
- Yosei Yamura - Yosei
- Kensei Shimura -Kensei
-Akako Wakahisa- Akako
- Moonangel86 - Moon and Mira
Bouncers
- Honor Among Thieves- Helion. The old dragon who lurks about the place and drinks all my booze though if you threaten his family he will eat you.
-Yoruichi goddess of flash- Raven. The mechanical assassin
-Matias-Lord of Crows- Matias
Waiters/Waitresses
-Jaydenn Kelvari- Tavern helper since underage
-Crimson Stains14- The tavern Greeter. shes a shadow of a ghost.

The lazy freeloader: That one guy who is always here but never actual does anything but everyone seems to generally respect or fear him except the owner who is oddly chummy with him even though he is so creepy - The omnipotance - The Messiah of Death and Evntual Lord of All things Fallen, His Dark eminence Lokaia The God Slayer a.k.a Lokaia a.k.a. Lo

Other (If you have any ideas for a unique or original job you might be interested in pm me with the details)

*Rules*
All Character’s and races welcome.
The owners are god if they tell you no in ooc. You better listen.
Please this is a semi Lit RP. No talking like a “n00b c u l8er” crap. It wont kill ya to type the words out. Its one of my biggest pet peeves. I may just have to black list you. You Have Been Warned!
I don’t require that you post a profile but you can if you like.
Please keep swearing to a minimum and no cybering either. Follow the TOS rules please.
What happens in the bed rooms stays in the bedrooms. We don't need to know what goes on behind closed doors.
If you wish to fight someone. Ask them to the ring. Just no moding ((forcing moves)) and no one liners.
Please no advertizing except in signatures.
Please stay in character. ((should you talk outside character please speak in some form of brackets. Or move it to the OOC thread))
No biting other characters without permission from them.
And last but not least. Have fun, get creative. ^_^

Blacklist.
Byakuya Truelight
No-Noir

Afiliates
Black Dragon Family. The OOC

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Black Dragon Gang - Rise of the Ancients
Black Dragon Clan - Rise of the Ancients
User Image

Shrine - Pay Your Respects Thread

Lounge - Out of Character Thread

Barracks - Profile Thread

Ranks

Recruiters Haven

User Image

If you were an affiliate and I have lost you. Send me a PM and I will put you back. If you wish to be an affiliate I will gladly add you. Just send me a PM.

Banners
User Image

Angeloni87's Wife

Demonic Bloodsucker

10,675 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Lanya walked about the bar surveying her work. her high heels clicking on the stone floor. "Now all i need is some victims, i mean customers." she corrected as she clapped her hands together rubbing them together with a grin.
Now now Lanya...no killing of the customers...*Bailey came out from the back room with a few boxes of liquor*

Angeloni87's Wife

Demonic Bloodsucker

10,675 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
"who said anything about killing?" She smirked. "Well what do you think?"
Looks wonderful...think we'll be able to keep it up?

Angeloni87's Wife

Demonic Bloodsucker

10,675 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
"I do hope so."
Lokaia lay on the bar counter, clearly not there a second ago but there we was. He never appeared, simply was and had the lingering feeling of that he always was. One would recall if he simply popped into existence, but he did not, e was simple there, on his back with his hands and arms folded behind his head as he looked up at the ceiling, lost in thought

Angeloni87's Wife

Demonic Bloodsucker

10,675 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Smirks seeing the man who had not been there previously. "well well Hello Lokaia darling." her heels clicked as she made her way behind the bar. dressed in elegant black robes. "whats your pick. to help your troubled mind.?"
LanyaD
Smirks seeing the man who had not been there previously. "well well Hello Lokaia darling." her heels clicked as she made her way behind the bar. dressed in elegant black robes. "whats your pick. to help your troubled mind.?"

"Ebony..." he says imply "I already stocked you with it, it's in the back"

Angeloni87's Wife

Demonic Bloodsucker

10,675 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Nods and moves into the back. she had stocked the place and knew where everything was, but still seems things like to appear. it would of course be right after the last item in there. reaching out she grabbed one of the bottles and brought it back to the front placing it by lokaia's head. "There you go darlin."
::A guy walks in and looks about the place as he steps up to the bar counter. His appearance is just as he looks. Torn shorts, sandles, a rag tag shirt with a hat. He glances around for anyone present before calling out.::

Hello? I'm looking for the owner. I'm the bartender you hired on? Chance is my name. I was wondering when I should start my job. I appreciate the opportunity. Hello?

::mutters to himself::
Well that was swift.
::He speaks up again::
Oh yeah and I brought my water gun incase someone gets out of line!

Angeloni87's Wife

Demonic Bloodsucker

10,675 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Chuckles "You dork we are right here. and you can start when ever you like."
Lokaia reaches outto the side, not looking at the bottle or her, and takes it slowly. He pops the cork and sniffs the demon brew, its black steam sifting out into the air. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his normal black zippo and holds it above his face, lighting it. He pours the liquid down into the flame. the fire spouts down in a stream like manner and he drinks of it as if it were the brew it had been before metamorphisized by the cackling flame. The bottle gone, he closes the lighter. this process ensured the enibriation of one as old as he even. He stumbles to set the bottle down and fell from the counter, landing on the bottle which broke under his weight.
::He blinks a few times:: Ah, oookay then. Well I'll start right now.

::He sees the flame out the corner of his eye and jerks around, cocks his water rifle and lets it fly right at the human blow torch.::

FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!....or should that be water water water....oh well. FIRE IN THE HOLE!!

::and a solid stream heads towards the stumbling, flame spewing drunk guy::

Angeloni87's Wife

Demonic Bloodsucker

10,675 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
"well i must say that was graceful." she said watching Lokaia fall off the counter. "Ugh and i know your heavy too. now to leave you there or move you..." She snapped her fingers and his body would lift off the ground and float over to the nearest couch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff