Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

OOC: Disregard this thread. This angle never went anywhere so.

Aged Gaian

The Rules

• Have Fun

• Look I'll be honest. I've never been very good with making rules and I've never been the type to force people to go through a big a** list and then send me a PM with a secret emoticon at the bottom. Role play in my opinion is far too simple for that. If you as a player can understand that you have an expectation that you are not only responsible for your own enjoyment but also the enjoyment of your fellow players, then we shouldn't have very many problems.

• Post Length

• Also not a stickler here either. Write however much is required to describe and convey what you want to your fellow players. As long as you give us enough information for us to adequately respond to,then you have done well.

• Keep the chatter down

• OOC is allowed in this thread. However, this thread is for Roleplay not idle chatter. keep the OOC down and relevant to the RP.

• Power

• This largely relates to the rule of having fun but if your character is so overpowered that you are ruining the experience of the RP for everyone else. Then this is a problem. You do not have to run your character by me.

• Just start posting

• I repeat. You do not have to run your character by me. Just start posting. However, I retain the right to boot anyone who I feel is negatively effecting the enjoyment of other players.

Aged Gaian

The Setting

________Barton Town can be described as a relatively dense suburban metropolis. As such it is more of a town than a city. The tallest building within the gated Town is the Colosseum where the games take place. The town is about half the size of Rhode Island and is surrounded on all sides by a massive stone wall that is fortified by magic runes that make its destruction somewhat of a miracle.

Because of that the city hasn't had to worry about invaders not to mention the fact that it is closely located to its allies Durem and the Isle De Gambino. Within the cities walls is a very quaint town that can be divided up into four districts with each district located within a fourth of the square shaped city. These districts include the residential district, the commercial district, the gaming district and the civic district.

The town has no modern infrastructure except for the train and is known to use more magic than technology despite the fact that technology exist. The most prominent bit of technology is not even located within the city walls but outside of it at the Durem reclamation plant which supplies the city with its water via underground irrigation. At night the city is illuminated by glowing magical orbs located all throughout the city. People get around the city via beast of burden and small vehicles. The city utilizes a cement road that makes travel easy.

Citizenship is required to own property within Barton Town, when a foreigner enters through the Barton Town wall gates then they are given a visitor status and a keycard for identification. People living in Barton are taxed as they are in most places to support the Town's defense force and to keep the roads in good shape, however the cities government typically stays out of the lives of its citizens. Portals are located just outside of the cities walls for easy transportation to other places, often through planar metropolis's such as Sigil the city of doors.

The City utilizes gold as its currency like the other gaian settlements, however haggling is possible with other things of value within the commercial district. Generally people living in the city live in the middle class. There are few rich people but also few examples of extreme poverty. People in the city are generally considered to be friendly, amiable and welcoming to outsiders. Most of the cities population is human however, people of other species are numerous and welcomed.

Outsiders generally come to Barton as a vacation spot due to the games and the quiet and peaceful nature of the town.

• The Commercial District

This is the district with numerous shops. The shopping in Barton is amazing and there are many stores here with world renown. Some of these stores include Agatha's Jewelry which contain some of the most beautiful gems in the world plucked from all about the cosmos. Also another great store is the Barton Boutique run by Ian who is a prominent figure within the city, if only somewhat of an oddball. Also numerous bars are located in this area. These are often the places many adventures and jobs are posted, and serves as a starting point for adventurers.

• The Residential District

The residential district contains the living spaces for all of the cities occupants. Most homes in the city are very considerate of the limited space within the dense town. As such they are town homes that are built tall rather than wide, neatly settled together within neat straight rows that cover the entire district.

• The Gaming District

The Gaming district is the location of Bartons famous Colosseum. Here anyone may sign up and compete within the daily games. In these games two gaians fight in battles who's goal can be anything save death or dismemberment. These conditions are often to first blood or to knock out. Viewers may place bets on who wins the fights. The winners win a certain amount of gold while the rest will go to the Colosseum and to the winning fighter. The gaming district also contains smaller gambling venues such as horse raises and other oddball games of chance.

• The Civic District

Is the location of the train station that can take riders to other gaian settlements such as Durem and the Isle De Gambino. It also contains the other businesses and organizations within Barton Town, such as various guilds and the Barton Defense force.

Aged Gaian

Prominent PC's

This is where players who gain renown in the city go.

Aged Gaian

Current Story

None yet
Last Night - The Commerce District

User ImageKRA-KOOM

A sound like thunder erupted from right outside Ian's door. Rufus, his grey maned cat scurried fearfully into his breast. It was not a dream, his furry companion had heard it as well. Ian sat up in his bed and was obviously just as startled as his pet. He heard no rain nor a gust of wind knocking outside of his window pane. The summer weather forecast had not spoke of any storms and nothing in that day's sky boasted any premonition of such weather phenomenon. Shaking, he looked to his left to gaze outside of the window near his bed in his room and unexpectedly, he found nothing but clear skies.

"What on earth...", he muttered. Figuring that it must have been something going on outside. He figured that the guard would take care of it as they looked after the commerce very well in the dead of night. Eschewing the worry from his mind, Ian would lay back to sleep...
It had been a long time since he had been to the Barton Town Coliseum. It retained its fake, withered look but was yellowed like pages in a book. Reminded him of a Chuckie Cheese for grown men with a lot of bravado. Hell, they even won prizes here.

The spellwarrior lit his Lho stick, an other worldly cigarette. He was standing on the sidelines, watching two men clubber themselves. They were having a good time as they laughed with each punch and kick. Back in the day he may have been like that. He might be like that now if he had any friends who weren't dead.

The blue smoke from his cig attracted their attention. The bigger one, his name was Grin, pushed his friend off him and, big shock, grinned at Kenji. Speaking of cheap kid restaurants he looked like one of those clowns you knock the teeth out of by shooting a giant ball at them, and a Seal Team 6 sniper had just got done playing. He also had this thing going on with his odor. He smelled like his sweated gasoline.

"You," Grin said, "I know you. Where do I know you from?"

Kenji had no idea.

"I was inside your mom last night," He wasn't above low brow schoolyard insults.

"My mom's gay, a*****e," Grin said.

"A progressive family. How... queer," Kenji said, continuing to smoke.

"All right, c**k," Grin said, approaching, "Know what I'm about to do?"

[******** your friend?" he said, subtly taking a white, materia pill from his shirt pocket and dry swallowing it.

Grin was no longer grinning. His fists clenched tight together and squatted down as if he was trying out for the next live action Dragonball Z movie. His mouth hung open as dark, beads of sweat began dripping off his forehead. The strong stench of gas wafted its way to Kenji's nostrils.

A gasoline producing mutant? Was that what he was? He should avoid America, and definitely avoid Bush. The black liquid washed over his skin as he continued to grunt. Kenji's eyebrow went up as flicked the burning cigarette on the man before he could pull off whatever he was trying to do.

The man erupted in a shower of flames. He let out a painful howl as he dropped to his knee. It was an odd sight and an even odder ending to a confrontation. He watched as the mutant's skin burned off. Evil or house trained, he still got off on watching people fry. That was why he still used fire magic. It was effective as all get out.

Kenji's eyes were too transfixed on the bonfire to perceive this; Grin's friend, lets call him Smiles, smacked him across the face with a palm strike sending Kenji back a few steps from the surprise. It was stupid to not think of the boyfriend.

Smiles was a lot smaller than Grin, but his lack of size wouldn't stop Kenji from grabbing his arm, pulling him in close, and sinking his teeth into his eyeball. The man didn't as much scream, just passed out. With a puzzled look Kenji dropped the man to the ground and couldn't help scratching his head.

"What the ********] Kenji said, spitting out a wad of blood from his mouth.
Barton Town - Colosseum

People weren't supposed to die in the Colosseum. So that's why the officials of the games were quick to declare Kenji the winner the moment Grin passed out. Kenji was a vicious fighter and an insufferable son of a b***h who's atrocities still resonated throughout the multiverse. However, the Barton guard wasn't going to ******** with him, he didn't cause enough trouble immediately to be worth it and it seemed that the fire thrower kept his violent tendencies limited to the Colosseum where they could be accepted under the guise of a game.

Kra-Koom!

Before the officials could drag away the smoldering carcass of grin and his bleeding boyfriend, thunder would crack in the clear blue skies. People gazed up curiously knowing that despite the nature of the sound, the weather was as peaceful as the city. People went quiet for a moment, letting the curiosity linger in the air before they were distracted once again by the lho stick wearing winner and began to cheer again.

Kra-Koom!

However there cheers were interrupted by the blast of sound and people shook and cried out in surprise. This time they waited longer for the bang and when it came people began to b truly concerned. Then came the third knocking of god upon realities door and with it came his entrance.

Kra-Koom!!

A blast of light erupted in the sky above the Arena. From this bright white blot in reality two forms would fall. What emerged was a mountain of a man with dark brown skin tattooed in white ink. Written all across his muscular body were tattoos of esoteric religious significance, written in a dead language and covered with divine imagery. His face was wrinkled and aged with bleak musings and heavy considerations and yet his yellow eyes that tossed with the sands of a desert held the caring of a father towards all whom they gazed upon. His salt and pepper hair was wrapped in tight corn rows that ran neatly down the back of his head and upon his hard broad chin he wore a similarly colored goat tee. The martial artist wore little clothing, just a cloth that was wrapped humbly around his crotch.

It was an entity who could no longer be truly called a man that had not been seen in years. These were thought to be the time of his son but it seemed that the father had finally returned to the planet that he was tasked with guarding. In his massive right hand he held something completely alien to him. It was so alien in fact that it hurt to gaze upon it. It was a gigantic tentacled being who's contours could not be described as being at any angle that was natural. Its non-euclidean form was besmirched with a scaly color that was not of this reality and had no natural identification. Fanged mouth's scattered upon its moist disgusting looking flesh, hung limply ajar the same as its weak fluttering tentacles. The creature, however horrible, was clearly dead.

Sieg landed with a harsh thud at the center of the Colosseum about thirty feet from kenji, creating a massive pit. Kenji would know him immediately. They had been friends once. However history had long turned them against one another.

"Whomever said that that cannot live which eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die...was kidding himself.", his voice echoed like rolling thunder through the heavens. It took the crowd a moment to identify the figure, but they knew him just as well as they knew Kenji. He was the old man. Sieg Ecstuffuan, a hero of old times. Yet they noticed a disappointment about him, it may have been the way his shoulders hung.

Tres dropped the dead eldritch horror at his feet and he rose his left hand up above him while speaking a prayer. His left hand began to saturate with a bright amber light that gleamed like the rays of the sun. Once his prayer was finished he extended his hand towards the aberrant abomination at his feet. A beam of bright hot energy would smash into the creature, eradicating it into dust instantly.

With that, Sieg looked up at Kenji, somehow not surprised to see him.

"I finally return from my journey and I see filth such as you. Perhaps a reminder from god that despite all my toils, my job is not over."

Curiously, Sieg looked around and then said;

"No not over at all"

Then lithely the old man bounced into his fighting stance. He began bouncing his heels lithely above the ground, dancing his feet left and right before he squared them out and sunk his trunk to lower his center of gravity. Simultaneously his right hand would come up to brush the tip of his nose with his open right hand, leaving the hand up near his face while his left hand rose up around his naval. His elbows were held in towards his body giving him an appearance not unlike a coiled spring. Sieg continued to bounce and dance, Kenji would know this fighting stance.

Aged Gaian

"Barton Town really hasn't changed much..."

A modest looking man wearing only a black shirt and gray pants made his way through the streets of the residential area of Barton Town. Years ago he'd owned a home here in Barton, back when all he wanted was just some peace and quiet. Not to be bothered by anybody. He'd left here, though, realizing the quiet life wasn't for him, and opened up a business on an island away from Gaia.

Those days were long past, however.

About 30 minutes into his walk through the streets, the man stopped in front of an abandoned house in one of the emptier blocks. The land and the home had never been bought or moved into by anyone since he'd left. Probably because this was one of the less popular parts of Barton to be in.

The place fit in well with the other abandoned houses around. It had collected dust on the windows and the yard had overgrown with weeds. Walking up to a sign and pushing away the weeds, the man read the name written on it. "Damon."

"Yep. I didn't think I'd be back here for at least another ten years."

With that said, Damon walked through the little front gate, kicking away the tall grass, and entered into the house. The place reeked of age, the collection of dust and stale air making the insides seem even gloomier than they already were. On the brightside all of his furniture, and what other few things he'd collected. were all still right where he left them years ago.

It'd be a perfect place to bring Kat sometime once he got the place all fixed up again.

Aged Gaian

Barton Town - Residential District.

It seemed that today would be another uneventful day for Mika. The elven girl had been a real-estate agent in Barton for about 110 years now since she was 215. That would make her about 30 years old if you converted the years from elven to human. She was a attractive enough looking lady as most elves were but she wasn't a super model. The settled years of living in Barton had her put on a little weight but it wasn't anything outstanding. She drove down the street in a new dodge model that used a mana engine. The car wasn't hers but the real estate agency and was actually much nicer than what she drove.

As she drove down the street she noticed that the gate on one of the foreclosed houses had been kicked open.

Xerowingz

[********], she said in common. She assumed it would be one of the teenagers around the area dicking around again, maybe trying to sneak and do some drugs. She parked the car on the side of the street and got out and walked towards the entrance of the abandoned home. She opened the door and there she saw a stranger standing and looking around...

"Umm...excuse me?", she said meekly.

Aged Gaian

"Hm?"

Damon turned from poking through the furniture to see who had walked in through the door. "Oh, I'm sorry, I used to live here." He said, figuring that it was one of the people in the square mistaking him for a burglar. "I saw that it was abandoned and in disrepair, so I didn't bother to knock..."

Hopefully he hadn't violated any sort of new law regarding going back into houses you abandoned years before.

Aged Gaian

Barton Town - Residential District

Xerowingz

"Really?...umm...well...Must have been a while ago. The City repossessed the house after a while. Teenagers had begun to use it as a 'Fun House'. heh...", she made contact for a moment but then looked away, turning her short blonde hair over her eyes.

Mika, stated calmly. She held on to her Ipad tightly to her bosom and seemed rather apprehensive about the whole thing. For a real estate agent she seemed rather meek and shy, which likely was why she had been in the same position so long without any development in employment. He hadn't violated any law, not yet anyway.

"Umm...I'm, I'm afraid I have to ask you to leave...umm..but I'd be willing to take you to the real estate agency to see if you can make a claim of ownership."

Aged Gaian

It was at this moment that he realized he didn't even have the deed to the property any longer. When he left the place behind, he'd somehow misplaced all of the official papers that proved ownership. "I don't think that would much more than waste our time." Damon knocked some dirt off his old furniture and turned to face the woman directly.

"I'll just look around for a second and then I'll be on my way, miss. I don't want to cause you any sort of trouble."

Damon realized that'd he would have to go through a bunch of loops to get his house back. It would probably just be easier to go to the real estate company and buy it back. In the state it was these days there was a pretty good chance he could get it for cheap. Not that money was really an issue for him, he'd saved up a really pretty sum from his days in the artifact hunting business. The money wasn't doing him any good in the place he lived now, anyways.
Okay, maybe the kid didn't need to be cyclops, but Grin had been asking for it. Don't act tough with a guy who's smoking and you're sweating gasoline, Kenji thought. He was thinking of saying it out loud if the guard had manned up and came over, but unlike the smoldering corpse in front of him, the guard remembered where he knew Kenji from.

Kenji rolled his eyes, picked the unconscious boy up, and propped him against one of the seats on the sidelines. He tossed a vial of Oxycontin on the boy's lap; a parting gift for the eye. When he woke up, if he had the nerve, the kid could just pop enough of those for the pain until he found someone to patch him up for real. As for his boyfriend, Kenji didn't have enough burn gel.

Kra-boom!

Dry lightning cracked in the sky. Strange for a storm to suddenly start. The sky was cloudless, as blue as the eye he had plucked with his teeth.

The spaced out crowd continued to cheer on the carnage. A small group in the nosebleeds had erected a banner when they had figured out who he was. It said "Hero of Hammerbog" in big, black letters on flimsy, poster paper. The rough people of that city had found their way to the games and once again gave the spellwarrior a thumbs up for how he got s**t done.

He was beginning to think he could do no wrong when they were concerned. Nice to have groupies.

Kra-boom!

The cheers were interrupted by yet another crack of lightning. The coliseum's officials and sideline EMTs and clerics were picking up the passed out Smiles and the charred remains of Grin. The freak storm didn't bother their sensibilities. They had a fatality in the ring. That was a big PR no no. Something they wanted to avoid.

The healers gave Kenji dirty looks. He was never thought of much in their community. White magic users and godly folk weren't fans of his work. He catered to more blood thirsty people, the people who got excited to watch big men burn and lose eyeballs.

They put the boy on a stretcher as a woman held a hand over his face and chanted.

Kenji didn't really feel bad for the guy. He should have made a better decision. Least he didn't look like the bottom of an ashtray.

Kra-boom!

Yet another strike of electricity reigned down, but this was more like a blast of energy. It blinded Kenji and everyone in the stands with the exception of the YouTube blogger on the other side of the arena who was decked out with a high tech camera headset that allowed him to witness the light show firsthand.

"I see, I see a man falling from the sky," Mike said, speaking into his small microphone. He was doing a live show, a special for his devoted fan base back on Earth.

"He's covered in glowy tattoos," he continued.

"Holy -"

Holy was right.

When Kenji's eyesight came back he would know how holy ******** he was. Unlike the thunder, he heard the impact first and felt he ground cave in as if it had been hit by an asteroid. He rubbed his eyes as his vision began to focus in. He squinted to see a dark figure in the center of the crater.

A man he hadn't seen in almost a decade.

Sieg Ecstuffuan.

He gulped; no longer the biggest fish in the fish bowl. The last time he ran into this crazed superhero had been a nightclub a few years after this guy ironically ripped his eyes out during Heaven or Hell 2008. Sieg was no longer the same calm, collected martial artist but a mad celestial being.

The amount of power he had pulsated throughout the coliseum. Kenji felt it like pings of static electricity against his open skin. He was ten times as strong and ten times as old as he had been that night in the club. Kenji had no idea where this guy had been spending his life, but it apparently had a great gym program.

Kenji was older than what he should be as well. Being born in 1985 would make him twenty-seven, but all the years drifting throughout various dimensions, mainly The Realm of the Worlds, had aged him to his early thirties. He still looked the same, but he had traded the spiky hair of his youth for a shorter do.

He also was far from a "Weapon of Mass Destruction." All the powers he had been granted so many years ago had been fought out of his body like a virus by the powerful immune system he had been given as a teenager during an experiment. The immunity kept him from being sick and damaged from all his years of drug and alcohol abuse, but it also had grown to such point that it didn't let him hold any powers for a long period of time.

There standing in front of the practical god was a mere mortal with a black jacket and a blasting rod.

"... and I don't know if I want the Hero of Hammerbog to engage in a fight with the legendary Sieg," Mike went on.

Sieg had elevated to mythical status as of late. His tales of heroism was being taught in private schools all around the Primus. He was the Goku of this world. Kenji was a footnote of people he showed whats what, but even his pride didn't want to stop him from thanking Sieg for altering his life from its destructive course.

If it hadn't been for his three days of blindness, Kenji would have never calmed down and just sat down and actually thought something out for once. He never would have fell in love with Josie, never would have had two beautiful children with her, and never would have developed into the man he was now. At least he and a few others felt he was making progress.

He had fans that didn't worship the blood god now.

Cheers erupted from the stands. The place wasn't packed but word traveled quickly when magic and tech worked together seamlessly. People began to pour in, taking advantage of the free entertainment and ballpark franks. Mike circled his view all around giving his audience a look at all the people coming. He taped the Hammerbogians move down the stands, moving everyone and anyone out of the way, to get to the best seats in the house.

"C'mon, you defeated Grasht!" one of them said.

"Sort of," Mike canted to his show.

Kenji felt the sudden urge to smoke and took out another Lho stick.

"I finally return from my journey, and I see filth such as you. Perhaps a reminder from god that despite all my toils, my job is not over," Sieg's voice thundered like the lightning he had rode on.

"Can't argue with that. I am dirty," Kenji said, slowly approaching the edge of the crater.

Sieg didn't bother with acknowledging that he had made a joke.

"No not over at all," Sieg said to himself. It was like he was too far gone to notice where he was. All he saw was a giant target on Kenji's shirt.

Kenji's days of being a maniacal rapist were over but not the days of fighting unfairly. He kept his trusty blasting rod in his hands, a weapon Sieg had never seen Kenji use before. He felt the power of his materia flowing through his body. Fire might be the only way out of this, he thought.

"Orchtay," he said. The rod lit up like a torch.

The man wasn't without his tricks still.

Aged Gaian

Xerowingz
It was at this moment that he realized he didn't even have the deed to the property any longer. When he left the place behind, he'd somehow misplaced all of the official papers that proved ownership. "I don't think that would much more than waste our time." Damon knocked some dirt off his old furniture and turned to face the woman directly.

"I'll just look around for a second and then I'll be on my way, miss. I don't want to cause you any sort of trouble."

Damon realized that'd he would have to go through a bunch of loops to get his house back. It would probably just be easier to go to the real estate company and buy it back. In the state it was these days there was a pretty good chance he could get it for cheap. Not that money was really an issue for him, he'd saved up a really pretty sum from his days in the artifact hunting business. The money wasn't doing him any good in the place he lived now, anyways.

Barton Town - The Residential District

"Alright sir, well please be out soon. Thank you.", she would say with a short bow before scurrying off back to her car.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff