Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

Welcome to The Barton Bar and Inn! Welcome to The Next Generation!

It's been ten years since the original Barton Bar and Inn closed it's doors. It seemed as though the world of Gaia had all but forgotten about this building which in its day had been home to many. This building whose walls could tell many stories of love, of loss, of strength and survival, if only they could talk.

Now that her own story has come to a new chapter, the time to start fresh for Kayte Adrastea is now. After being on the move for the beginning part of her life, she'd visited the original Barton Bar and Inn and had fallen in love with it immediately before having to move on. Finally blessed with a chance to settle, Kayte tracked down the original owner and purchased the building and business.

She got to work immediately restoring the place to it's former glory as she'd remembered it in that brief visit all those years ago, of course adding a few more modern conveniences and technology. It's been ten years in the making, but now, finally the Barton Bar and Inn is once again opening her doors!

The Barton Bar and Inn is a casual walk in role play. We strive for semi lit and higher, but are also open to beginners. Everyone has to start somewhere, and like the original Barton Bar and Inn, let that be with us. No profiles are necessary to join, anybody and everybody is welcome to come in and join the fun! Lets make even more memories and friends in The Next Generation!

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

Barton Bar and Inn is set on the outskirts of Barton. It is not terribly far from the hustle and bustle of Barton's main square, giving it that added convenience. It is a four story brick building. It's not overly fancy but it's not completely dull either. There's a small side parking lot for the rare cars and bikes and there is a small red and white open sign hanging on the door alerting passersby that this is indeed a business of sorts.
User Image

Once inside, you'll notice that the place seems to be decorated in rich reds and and black. The floors are all a red wood as well as most of the furniture. To your left, you will see the entrance to the bar room. Despite being newly reopened, most of the furniture and decor had a bit of age to it, adding to the charm of the place.
User Image

If you were to make your way further back into this room, you will come to the lounge. There are many couches and tables set up. There are couches of every size and shape around fireplaces and others simply set up in front of tables.

User Image
User Image
User Image

If you were to go straight down the hall from the entrance, you will eventually come to a large room along the back wall. Upon going inside, you will find a large indoor heated pool and spa, all brand new and waiting for you!
User Image

And on your right from the entrance is the bottom of the staircase leading upstairs to the guest rooms.
User Image

The grounds surrounding are more impressive that the actual building in that they are actually very vast and open. The lawn behind the building is neatly mowed and kept up to a point where it begins to fade into a small field. This is a perfect area for training and sparring.
User Image

To the left of the field just before the beginning of a small forest, there is a nice little pond lined in flowers. This area is perfect for meditation or even a romantic evening.
User Image

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

:~:*:~: Rules are a necessary evil so we'll get them out of the way early. I reserve the right to add or change rules as necessary. Any new or edited rules will be in bold.

1. Follow Gaia ToS. This means keep things PG-13 and under.
2. Romance and fighting are okay and encouraged. However cybering is absolutely NOT allowed and will not be tolerated. When the clothes start to fly, please timeskip.
3. No Godmodding. It's just rude and takes the fun out of roleplaying for everyone else.
4. Please try not to ignore others. Unless your character can not possibly speak to newcomers because they are not in the room or what have you, please try to acknowledge newcomers, even if it is just a simple 'hello'.
5. Try not to use bright colors in your posts as some of them can be extremely hard to read.
6. There is a three sentence minimum on posts, simply to give others something to go off of. Novels are not required :]
7. Please use proper grammar and spelling! Chatspeak, 1337, and text speak will NOT be tolerated. Typos and spelling errors happen, and so long as we can get the jist of what you're trying to say, we'll be alright.
8. Please refrain from using *'s for actions. Also, please make OoC clearly identifiable by using [[ ]],(( )), or {{ }}
9. Please keep the bulk of OoC in the OoC thread. We don't want the main thread to become bogged down with it. Some is okay in the main thread but when it becomes pages of nothing but, it should be placed there.
10. Please DO NOT PM me asking to join the RP. I will ignore them seeing as you obviously did not read the rules. This is a WALK IN roleplay, meaning that you simply have to post and you're in. That's it, there's no profiles to put up and no permission needed. Just. Post.

Updated 3-4-15
11. Please make an effort to post if you request a job. Please do not post once, take a job and then never post again. It's just rude. I'm really not a scary person just let me know if you can't post for a while, I promise I'll understand.
12. Pay attention to the flow of time in the thread. Time is relative to what's going on in the RP. A new real life day does not necessarily mean a new RP day. If no one has posted saying otherwise since you left off the night before, you're free to continue the day. I've done it on numerous occasions. However, if the rest of the thread has done a day change since you poofed, please do not continue a conversation from three RP days ago, it simply annoys me.
13. Please clear all major plot developments that concern the bar and her patrons with me before introducing them into the thread. I love a good plotline, but would really prefer to be in the loop beforehand.

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

When I'm not here, the staff is in charge. If you have a problem that they can not solve, please PM me and I will do my best to resolve your issue as fast as I can.

Positions available are in bold.
Unless the role of chef is desired, I'm going to go ahead and say that it is played by a reclusive NPC known simply as Cook.

Owner: Kayte Adrastea

Managers: [These people also have the power to hire help]
1. Dovienya -Played By Kayte Adrastea

Bartenders:
Head bartender:
1. Josh -Played by x_Bryan_Gray_x

Groundskeeper:

Greeting/Housekeeping: Rose -Played by namifox

Maintenance:

Entertainer (via DJ, dance, or singing)

Floaters: (People who step up to cover a needed position. Basically back ups.)

Security:
1. Bryan
If you are interested in a position that is not listed please do not hesitate to pm me or post in the thread. Have your character talk to Dove or Kayte.

Please make an effort to post if you request a job. Please do not post once, take a job and then vanish for all eternity. It's just rude. Real life happens and we all understand, so if there's a reason you aren't able to get online for an extended period of time please let me know either via PM's or in the OoC thread to secure your position. Otherwise, I will go through and clear out the employee list periodically and delete those who no longer post.

User Image

There are four floors to the building. While the ground floor is the common area, the top three house all of the rooms. Each room was renovated and designed for maximum comfort to be a home away from home and are very spacious.
Floors two and three have ten guest rooms each. Rooms are numbered, odd on the left and even on the right. This is where customers can sleep one off or rest for a night. Some of the regulars also live here on these floors. These are about the size of an economy or studio apartment. Each one has a bed that is separated by a dividing wall from a small sitting area with a tv and a couple of roomy armchairs for guests or entertaining. There is an en suite bathroom included in the room as well as a small table and mini refrigerator and microwave.
The fourth floor houses the live in staff. The rooms are only offered as an upgrade to employees and cannot be rented by guests. Guests are allowed on the floor however, but by invitation only. There are six one bedroom apartments on the floor, three on each side. Each one is on open concept style space. There is a small entryway which opens up into a small kitchen on the right side. It is fully equipped with appliances and a full sink. It also comes with a full set of dishes and silverware and cookware. Everything one needs is there. There's a small bar style table with four seats, again in case of company. The kitchen flows into a living area with a couple of couches and a tv. The entrance to the bedroom is in the middle of the right side wall (left side for even numbered rooms) of the common area and leads to a spacious bedroom equipped with a king sized bed and the apartment's large bathroom.
Kayte lives on the fourth floor as well in a two bedroom apartment at the end of the hall which is designed much like the staff rooms, but has a slightly smaller bedroom and bathroom on either side.

Long term guests may decorate as they please. If you would like to give an image of your decorated or rearranged room, please PM it to me and I will put it up here.

Available rooms are in bold

Guest rooms:
User Image

Floor two:
2. Derek Quinn

5. Dovienya -Played by Kayte Adrastea
7. sephirothsdeciple

Floor Three:
12. Bryan -Played by x_Bryan_Gray_x
14. Josh -Played by x_Bryan_Gray_x

Staff rooms:
User Image

Floor four:
1. Rose -played by namifox

Kayte's Apartment:
User Image

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

The people on this list are genuinely awesome people and should be treated as such :]

Lilyness II
sephirothsdeciple

User Image

This is for people who don't seem to know how to follow rules. Let's be grown ups and keep this list empty. :]

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

This is where any significant plot or thread updates that you should know about will be.

10-8-2014 Barton Bar and Inn officially reopened her doors!
1-15-2015 - 1-17-2015 We held the fort. Defeated an onslaught of cultists.
5-3-2017 We are officially re-reopened!
6-7-17 Front page was edited, outdated items were removed.
If you had a job or room and would like it back, simply reintroduce your character and request it.
Affiliates and contests updated.
6-8-17 Updated room images

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

Here is where any contests/giveaways will be located. Also any community events that are happening in the thread will be announced here.

Win 10, 15, or 25 billion gold!

Generate a random number between 1 and 100
Get 86 and win 10 billion gold!
Winner:
Generate a random number between 1 and 500
Get 492 and win 15 billion gold!
Winner:
Generate a random number between 1 and 1000
Get 623 and win 25 billion gold!
Winner:

Rules:
ONE winner per prize. Once all three numbers have been generated, the game will start again with fresh numbers.
There MUST be roleplaying in the winning post. Posts containing nothing but OoC will be disqualified.
You may only win ONCE per game to allow others a shot. Once all three numbers are claimed and a new batch of numbers is posted you are more than welcome to play again.
Please PM me a link to the page you won on for verification purposes.

Win 5 or 10 billion gold!

This one is simple. Simply be the first poster on page 250 and win 10 billion gold!
Be the last poster on page 249 and win 5 billion gold!

Rules:
It is possible to win both prizes.
I am naturally unable to win this prize. If I happen to post in one of these spots, the next eligible poster will win.
To be eligible, again, your post must contain roleplaying. If the post in the winning spot is nothing but OoC, the next eligible poster will win.

Past Winners:
Page 149: Lovely Little Lie
Page 150: Derek Quinn

Have an idea for a contest? Would you like to host one? Talk to me about it, if I like the idea, I'll put it up here!

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

Want your thread advertised here? Simply PM me a link and I'll post it here!
[Last update: 6-7-17]

User Image

While you're in the neighborhood, be sure to check out the rest of Barton Town!

Are you a fan of Power Rangers? Join the team in Power Rangers: Gem Knights!
Quote:
From the Desk of Director Alex Drake,
Time Force

In the year 1998, Andros, the Red Space Ranger, infiltrated the Dark Fortress and, after a brief struggle with his sister Astroema, pierced Zordon of Eltar's containment tube, sending a shockwave of positive energy throughout the known galaxy which eradicated the United Alliance of Evil. This single act paved the way for humanity's triumph and was a major victory for the forces of good in the ceaseless war against evil.

This was how history was meant to have happened.

Recent scans have discovered a temporal anomaly which has branched off to form its own alternate reality; it has already begun to bleed into our own. In this new history, Andros died in 1998 before he could fulfil Zordon's last wishes. The Alliance conquered Earth and the known Galaxy. They have been ruling for seventeen years.

it was thanks only to a last ditch effort by the Rangers of that time, both current and former, that humanity survived; it seems they managed, with Zordon's assistance, to open a portal to another dimension through which they flew the Astro Megaship. They built a colony. This was all done at great cost.

We need more information on this new reality and what it means for our own. Hopefully, we will be able to find a way to correct history back into it's proper course, before it is too late....

Feel like returning the favor?

User Image

[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/the-barton-bar-inn-the-next-generation-walk-in-hiring/t.94346481_1/][img]http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg528/tatertot623/Barton Bar and Inn/sigbanner_zps7df212ab.jpg[/img][/URL]

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Shirtless Citizen

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
†.:ⓀⒶⓎⓉⒺ ⒶⒹⓇⒶⓈⓉⒺⒶ :.†

User Image
...Keep your enemies close...

Finally! The last two months of hard work had finally paid off. It was finally opening day! She'd gone through the restoration and refurnishing primarily by herself save the few times she as able to sequester help from the moving men and other various workers who had come and gone over the weeks.

The work and exhaustion was worth it though to bring back the Inn. She'd visited once in her life before it's doors closed ten years ago. Something about the place had always called her back and she finally brought herself to make the journey back to these parts of Gaia. Though to her disappointment she'd found it's doors locked and the building's exterior looking pretty rough. The foliage had begun to devour the building and the sight had been what made up her mind. She was going to be the one to bring it back to life.

After a final top to bottom walkthrough, she made her way to the main entrance and made the monumental flip of the open sign. She opened the door and kept it propped open, hoping to make the building more inviting toward those who may be passing by. "Now all there is to do is wait I suppose." She sighed as she walked back through to the bar and flipped on the jukebox filling the room with the sounds of Imagine Dragons. She took up her post behind the counter and simply leaned against the back wall waiting for her first customer.

Kayte is wearing: This

...And your lovers closer...

[[OoC: ]]

Shameless Sex Symbol

18,500 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
†.:ⓀⒶⓎⓉⒺ ⒶⒹⓇⒶⓈⓉⒺⒶ :.†

User Image
...Keep your enemies close...

This was going nowhere fast. She'd long since given up standing behind the bar and had found herself laying out on one of the many couches. It shouldn't be this hard to find customers in a town as busy as Barton. With a heavy sigh, she once again stood and made her way out the front door to stand. At least it was a decent night, the air was a little crisp but still comfortable without a jacket.

She reached into her back pocket and withdrew a crushed pack of cigarettes. It was a habit that she often picked up and dropped whenever the mood suited her. She knew she should permanently quit, but that thought was brushed aside as she flicked the lighter and inhaled. Besides, she'd met some of the coolest people when she'd stepped out for a smoke. she leaned back against the building resting one foot on it behind her as she puffed away, watching as the clouds made their way across the moon.

Kayte is wearing: This

...And your lovers closer...

[[OoC: ]]

Demonic Waffles

Kayte Adrastea

She figured..

Since she had to head in to Barton for a couple of things she would surround herself with the city. Getting out to see things kept her sane. Since she was more of a mountain dweller she found herself fascinated with the city's many wonders. Even though she had moved to Durem with Kaji for the time being, and started up their own place, she was still amazed at the endless miles of bars and shops Gaia had to offer.

The demon found herself wandering past night club after bar, unamused with their surroundings, she wanted something calmer.

'This will do.' She thought to herself as she stared at the doors of a large building.

Although what also caught her eyes was the woman leaning up against the wall outside. The smell of smoke made her grin slightly. She could go for one right about now, as she was about to reach for her pack she realized there was a better option. A conversation that was easily made by two smokers.

"Excuse me, do you happen to have an extra light?"

A demon stood in front of the woman, her high horns masked by the darkness spread over her features. A tail twitched behind her body, every so often it would peak out from behind the woman. Hair as black as night itself sprawled along her shoulders, stretching to the middle of her back. Her eyes were illuminated by the moonlight, much like the eyes of the woman standing before her, they were the same color a light gray. Sun kissed skin seemed smooth in areas that were exposed, although a large X mark appeared just under her left eye. There were many more, but they remained hidden by a leather jacket, a gray tank top, and black skinny jeans. Fingerless gloved hands reached for a silver zippo in her back pocket.

"I do have a light though."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces