Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi and Welcome to Bar Y.I.F.F. (Your International Friendly Furs)

Thanks for coming to visit Bar Y.I.F.F. Have a look around, make yourself at home, stay awhile. You'll make friends in no time.

First Floor - Bar/Grill, dance floor, pool tables. In another corner cafe-ish lounge chairs and couches along with reading nook and internet connection.

Bar and Grill open 24 hrs...well, providing that someone is actually awake and does her job...We have almost anykind of food and beverage served around the world.

Basement - OFF LIMITS TO MORTALS!!!

Second Floor - Staff sleeping quarters as well as rentable rooms for the night.

Rooftop - Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, and Sauna (Let's just say a sweedish bath house fully staffed)

Be friendly, but none of that smutt stuff. If you want that, take it to a pm xd .

STRIPPERS!!!...*coming soon*

Well, have fun, enjoy your stay...oh, and by the way, tell your friends heart

Head Barmaids/Wenches
Tara Fia
Shibbi
Foxix
(if you ever need to contact someone here about something, contact one of us)

Other Employess
Not sure anymore...no one was around for so long, including myself.

...I have negelected reading the posts here so if you ever wish to contact me or to apply for a job, just PM me and i should get back to you as soon as i can.

Updates

9/24/04 - Newsletter's first edition almost done. Not sure how well I will be able to keep it up.
The Bar Y.I.F.F. Weekly Times

Headlines

TRYING TO START UP THIS NEWSLETTER!!! I NEED HELP!!!

What's New in Gaia - Updates, items, fashion, events, etc.

Travel Section - Places to visit in Gaia (Other businesses, guilds, stores, etc.)

Need to know the estimated price for that item you want to sell or buy? Check out one of these three main price guides:
EVIL - Estimated Value Item List
GEN - Gaia Exchange Network
SIN - Seraphic Item Nexus
Then head off to the Gaia Exchange or the Gaia Marketplace to sell or buy the item.

Rejected Material - A Gothic and Lolita Edit Co. This is a signature art shop. Akutenshi Kyo and Child of the Earth give it good reviews. Check out Akutenshi Kyo's interview with Rejected Materials creater in the interviews section.

Writers' Corner - Short stories, anecdotes, poems, jokes, etc.

Now I know this isn't exactly the best place for this, but since these are poems and such I have placed it here. (Plus i didn't have time to think of a new column xp )

Guardian of the Darkness
A Prayer for the Morrow
I had seen a day when the morrow brought no worries. It was a beautiful day, when no one would die. All children were good, all parents would listen. Soldiers planted flowers and generals made cookies.

I had seen a day when the morrow brought no tears. It was a beautiful day, when no bird would fall. The wind would be filled with the sweetness of roses, the waters were clearer than crystal.

I had seen a day when the morrow brought joy. No matter who you were, what color you are, your race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation, you were free. And you were equal.

I had seen a day when the morrow brought smiles. It was a beautiful day, when everyone would dance. Wars would be solved by the flip of a coin, help came with the rain clouds and dreams always came true.

I had seen a day when the morrow brought no worries. It was a beautiful day, when no one would die. What a glorious day it would have been, if only I hadn't awoken.
too much, too soon.
one too many things
soundless cries and rings
reverberations
of endless loss
designations
of loveless hope
yearning for
more time to cope
too soon they die
my friends...then i.
Sanctorial Pax
Do you pray, or do you care not?
Do you help up, or do you help out?
Do you save, or must you be saved?
Do you see, or are you blind?
................I am lost in a sea of tears and flesh
................no guide in this rocky terrain.
................I've helped rescue many from that salty sea
................yet no hand has reached out for my pain.
Are you lost or found in the last?
Are you here or gone in the past?
Are you close for a whisper to reach your ear?
Are you far from the thought so you cannot hear?
Are you one of the many who seek as they wish?
Are you one of the few who seek what they see?
Are you one of the many who deny what they fear?
Are you one of the few who deny what they are wishful to be?
Do you pray, or do you care not?
Do you help up, or do you help out?
Do you save, or must you be saved?
Do you see, or are you blind?
................I am lost in a sea of tears and flesh
................no guide in this rocky terrain.
................I've helped rescue many from that salty sea
................yet no hand has reached out for my pain.
Are you lost or found in the last?
Are you here or gone in the past?
Are you close for a whisper to reach your ear?
Are you far from the thought so you cannot hear?
Are you one of the many who seek as they wish?
Are you one of the few who seek what they see?
Are you one of the many who deny what they fear?
Are you one of the few who deny what they are wishful to be?
................I am lost in a world of blood and of pain
................no path through this jungle, no map, and no sight.
................I have stumbled across what is there and is not
................with only my sanity to help with the fight.
................................Sanity is the true form of
................................the mask unhinged from
................................the light reveled for
................................the gates unlocked to
................................the insanity within.
................My sanity is my map.
................My map is shredded to bits.
................The bits fly away in the wind.
................The wind flies them out to the sea.
................The sea sucks them down to the dead.
................The dead sip them up in their wine.
The wine is the breath of my brethren
and I join with my brethren through blood.
And so I die with the tears of others staining my cheeks and my tears leaking out through the wounds in my heart and my heart breaking from the pain in my mind and my mind degrading from the only life i can find and my life disappearing with the breath in my body and my breath following the wind which takes the map of my life to the dead of below for the time in which I will join them. A time that comes all to soon.
For darling Becca. We remember you.
...I remember you.

Interviews

Akutenshi Kyo
Rejected Questions
-from your lovely correspondent Akutenshi Kyo

Ladies and Gents...the day has arrived!!! WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOU! Yes, you. You Gaia freaks must have a life beyond this little glowing screen...but what about it? Every month, one of our very own writters will be going out into Gaia and finding someone they love and want to share. Maybe they are a great artist, maybe the best freaking gamer EVER, maybe they can DDR like nobody's business...WHO CARES! IT'S COOL!

This month, we went to Rejected Material( arrow yes people, that's a link...) to talk to the lovely NoFlutter, the delicious signature artist of a Gothic and Lolita Edit Company. Not only is her work awesome (if i do say so myself), she's pretty cool on her own. But don't just take MY word for it...let's ask her!

Akutenshi Kyo

1. Ok. Let's start simple. Tell us about yourself. You know - age, where you live, any pets, favorite color, favorite actor/actress/singer...etc, historical person you idolize, the number of licks it takes you to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? The basics.
biggrin My name is Jennifer Vaiano, Im an Italian/ Hungarian girl who was brought up in a crazy mash of cultures. Half my family works for the Pope and the other half were gypsies (i kid you not). Im origonally from Staten Island, NY, lived in Jersey for about 7 yrs, then currently moved to FL about 4 yrs ago. 3nodding I use to be a face painter in the themed parks and also a glass blower at Universal Studios. Which also led me to traveling with the Ren Faires for awhile ^^ heart
Im 23 yrs old, Engaged to a guy named Sean (his gaian name is Uziraff). we are both designers. If you step into my house i own a lot of stuff that is blood red xd im currently re-duing my couch to be velvet red heart (i guess i like red sweatdrop ) My favorite holiday is Halloween!! ( We are actually getting married on Halloween of either 2005 or 2006 ^^ heart ) and i have 3 cats!! Malthious and Pandora 3nodding heart And Iris who lives with my mom now crying
hmm.music? i love 80s music like Oingo Boingo gonk heart Danny Elfman is a god...I also like Industrial. I listen to VNV Nation, WolfShiem, and The CruxShadows. 3nodding

2. What made you start drawing? How old were you?
I was not very popular in school, and i went to a Catholic School when younger (the nuns were mean >< )so i would just sit against the brick wall watching the girls play and the boys tease the girls and i would wantto be just like them. but i wasnt. so i drew my fantasy life instead. i havent stopped since ^^ heart

3. You run the Gaia store Rejected Material. Which of your outfits is your fave? Seriously. I'm making you pick one! ...ok...ok...maybe two...
gonk noo!! your making me choose!? domokun
ok ok..... *trying to think.....* wait let me check.... *goes to check*
OK....currently i love the Noble Bodice (i own it xd ) and the Fancy Gown. Out of the older edits i love the Day Dress 3nodding heart

4. For those readers who have yet to stop in to Rejected Material, tell us some of what you have...what you do...price ranges...design styles...etc.
OK...to get a design style i actually draw up my idea first. ill go through and draw up several designs based off of either my own clothes or stuff i wish was out there 3nodding my prices are based off the time i spend on the piece, not the size. i try to make it as fair as possible. but if an edit takes me a couple of days (im seriously sitting there glued to the computer making it) its gonna be priced higher... gonk heart

5. Why Goth Loli?
My fave question! hehehe....well i adore the style in general. i go to a lot of goth clubs and i know what is hot. cute sexy baby dolls rock crying heart
not only that but i never realized it, but when i was little i would always draw fancy victorian styled outfits and such. it wasnt till i got much older i discovered that the mix of dark european style with a victorian flair actually had a name...thank you japan crying heart

6. Other than your fabulous avatar edit work, what else do you like to do?
i sing opera 3nodding

7. The ultimate question...Pepsi or Coke?
gonk 7up

8. The other ultimate question...Cat or Dog?
depends....i think when my poodle died on christmas was when i realized that a dog is your best friend and not one to replace to easily. cats on the other hand have different personalities xd

9. The last ultimate question...Vanilla, Chocolate, or Strawberry?
gonk heart Chocolate..but im allergic

10. Anything else you want to mention?
hmm.... *think think think* no i think thats all for now. people probally are scared enough. xd

What's Your Point of View? - Here you can rant, rave, or just talk about things that are currently hot topics of debate.

Akutenshi Kyo
From the Dusty Files of...

Here's an old rant of mine...i dont recall if i've posted it before, but i figured...well, why not hand it in. Here it is:

WASTE

Darling, the only thing that is a waste around here is the breathe i am using on this useless brain-child. congratulations. your annoying. how wonderful. your an a**. how marvelous. you piss me off. and so, in order to right this wrong i will write a long message discussing how bored I am and how much money I need so that I can afford clothing, clothing that belongs to ME. and i don't really care if this bothers you. at this point, i would be surprised that you are still reading this...this blather! oh well. but this does require me to obtain mass amounts of ideas, so i do what i can, with what i have, when i have it. i have thinking skills that allow me to write down the marvelous vocabulary granted to one such as myself in this common time of erratic and underage grammar. such pathetic waste of our voices. ah yes. now that is a waste to speak of. the waste of our freedom to speak. what do we do with out mouths? we eat disgusting and fattening foods, we daze ourselves with mind disestablishing drugs, we speak like a people who has never been educated and been free to enjoy that education. we vocalize distasteful ideas in the public near the innocent minds that we conceal from one thing but graciously expand on the culture of something years past would have seen as a sin. i am lost. we are lost. we are all lost to a demonishing lifestyle that is granted to us, by ourselves. those who are poor cannot help that the rich are rich. they can try to work to improve themselves and their life, but this country is not so much of the opportune place our ancestors called it. are the streets paved in gold? is everyone free and equal? are we truly a powerful society on this terra firma? i cannot answer that. and most likely, neither can you! no one really can understand how our country has fallen back to the state of pre-depression. our economy has lengthened the gap between this time and place, and the time and place before us. again, we see the waste. spending 40,000 dollars on a purse that you will throw out next season. to spend 100,000,000 dollars to send 20 people to an “island” for a television show to have them blunder about just so they can earn enough money to pay their taxes, school fees, mortgages, debts, and a cup of seven dollar coffee. i congratulate our country, on its wastes. we seem to be a wonder at such practices. don’t you agree? and so the rant continues on from a personal contusion to a catastrophe of disuse, improper use, and defected choices that bring us down to the wasted energy of your mind. welcome, brother. you are now a one of us. you have joined the ranks of brotherhood, marching off to battle an enemy that resides on the other side of the mirror. welcome home.

User ImageAsk Child of the Earth
Child of the Earth

So, You have a problem with a significant other? Or maybe you are new to gaia and need help getting a picture into your signature? Or perhaps you are curious as to why your parents make you do chores? Go ahead. Ask me. Make my F***ing day. *Laughs* I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can, but please, don't mind me. Every once in a while, I might actually be nice. Seriously. It can happen. And please. Don't hold back!!! I love helping people...*grins* This is a free servous, but gratuity is accepted (and makes my day nicer). Give me, or my dear friend Foxix a buzz and we will help with your little problems. Write to Child of the Earth and remember to tell your friends about Bar Y.I.F.F. wink

Artists' Section - Artwork, comics, photoshop renderings, etc.

Artwork
Foxix

User Image

Check out these Websites

www.illwillpress.com - Some pretty funny cartoons and the home of that lovable ranting squirrel, Foamy. "With the cream and the cheese and creamy, creamy, cream cheese."

www.vgcats.com - Check out this comic which pokes fun at the inside jokes of popular video games.

Looking for contributors for the empty spaces in this newsletter.

Got some questions or comments? Please send a PM to the head of staff, Foxix, and she will get back to you as soon as she can.
Reserved for future use.
I apologize to Tara Fia for deleting her first two posts in this topic, but i need the second post so i may use it for updates and anything else aside from the first post, but i did save what she wrote to post all together in one of my posts further down sweatdrop don't be mad at me gonk

Tara Fia
moogle.... well i guess im the wench around here .. so what do you guys want?

hey foxix what do we have to do to get some more ppl around here? im all ready as nakked as i can get *giggles*
xd

well, as long as we keep posting, we'll stay high up on the list and will get viewed more often... ^_^ that and once shibbi gets here, we'll definitely have a party going

well, starting a hang out from the ground up is hard, but we'll get people in here...and more regulars...besides us at least... ^_^

(a side note, these paragraphs here are the first 4 posts of this forum. i apologize again to Tara Fia for deleting her first two, but i saved them like i said i would. i hope that's okay sweatdrop )

*looks around, humming a bit*...well, i guess i should get the place ready for customers...*continues humming a little tune as she moves over to the tables to pull the chairs down*
yea i guess you're right we should start getting ready for ppl * waxes the poles, sweeps the dance floor and cleans the goo goo cages* hey look two bras and three pairs of underware ^.^ * continues to clean around the dance floor and what not*
Customers? Do I count as a customer? *Wanders in and glances around curiously, smiling at his surroundings* Can I get some service?
heh, heh sweatdrop ...wait a minute...those aren't mine...FOTTER HAVE YOU BEEN IN HERE LATELY...wait...*grabs one of the garments from Tara Fia*... eek ...Kiro...?
YAY!! someone!! ^_^ ...yes you do count as a customer, what can i get for ya...*moves behind the bar pulling out and putting on an apron*
its otay no one wants to pay attention to the nakked waitress razz
mabbe i should get dressed?
*shrugs*...that's entirely up to you...we should set up specific nights with special events too, maybe get some people in then by updating the banner
yea.. im thinking mabbe just the skirt and the ears for now... i want those damn wings
BUMP *grins* i had too
Sorry about that. Left for a bit...*Helps himself to a seat and looks around, grinning* And thanks for the offer Foxix, but...I'm not really...-hungry- per se....*Turns to Tara and winks with a broad grin on his face*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff