Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Guardian

I cant ask you to remember me.

User Image
Adrian listened as the men spoke. One from Russia, the other not. Simple enough. '' Vladimir and Luke. My name is Adrian. I'm the owner of this establishment. If you are staying then it does not matter when you leave. Only that all tabs and fees are paid before you go. you may stay as long as you like. '' Adrian's tone was calm, his smile sincere. '' Is there anything else you two gentlemen would like before I busy myself with my other duties? '' Adrian asked picking up a dish towel and preparing to find something to clean.

But I can't bare for you to forget me.

User Image

Dangerous Conversationalist

Niona E. Shade
^Full Img^

I desire adventure,
I need to live

User ImageNiona did not appear through the doors of the establishment like the others who had come before her. Instead she came with a great long shout of war, slowly appearing at a full run just inside the door, as if conjured from thin air. Though, it was made quickly obvious that this was not her true intention, as her face moved rapidly through a series of expressions that showed, suprise, confusion, and finally wonder. As she took a moment to gain her bearings she sheathed her katana and took in a deep breath exhaling through her nose.

She was clad in old world clothes, a shortened kimono top with a vest like draping around her shoulders bearing a symbol on her back in ancient japanese. Bushido pants covered her legs, and feet while she stood still. Her snow white hair was tied up into a long pony tail at the current moment and her blazing blue eyes were still intense from the battle she had just been diverted away from.

She said nothing but kept a hand tight on her blade as she looked around this strange place. It was nothing like the dwellings of her home, and filled with odd sights and trinkets wherever her eyes moved...
Good Judgment Comes From Experience

User Image

Aʆყʂʂเą Sɧəρąяɗ

╔══════════════╗

Alyssia smiled. When Adrian left, she took a long, hot shower and finally regained feeling in all of her extremities. She sat on the edge of the tub, wrapped in a towel, letting the steam open up all of her pores. She washed her face and brushed her teeth in the sink, then began thoroughly drying her hair, both with the towel, and the hair dryer. Once she was fully clean, dry, and warm, she dressed in a pair of white leggings under a pale blue skirt with a matching blue turtle neck and her flats. Alyssia rolled the bottom of the leggings up until they resembled capri pants and slipped her signatre beads over her ankles. She pushed up the sleeves of the sweater and added the beads on her wrists as well. She wrapped her thin scarf fashionably around her neck. She had carried the chips he'd given her up to her room, but they were not anything she was interested in. Now that the young woman was clean and warm, she realized how hungry and thirsty she really was. A glance out her window showed the storm wasn't letting up. If anything, it had become worse. "Ah, well. I did promise the night anyway."

Much to her surprise when she navigated her way back to the bar, there were several new faces. "It seems Adrian will be making more sales shortly." She mumbled with a smirk on her face. Alyssia pushed all of her long hair over her left shoulder before climbing on to a bar stool and squinting at the bottles of liquor. "Hmmm." She looked down at the bar top, and came across a menu. "Ahh, perfect." She mused as she scanned the selection thoughtfully. The small smile on her face gave no indication of the fact that it felt like her stomach was trying to gnaw on her backbone.

╚══════════════╝

And A Lot Of Experience Comes From Bad Judgment

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Adrian had been in the process of cleaning a dish when he heard a woman screaming. Not like a scream of pain or terror but a roar of rage, aggression. Moving from behind the counter he went to investigate. Moving towards the lobby he saw a woman in blue armor and old style clothes. If he had to guess she was a warrior from the samurai ear in japan. Perhaps even Warring Kingdoms in China. Walking to her slowly he spoke. '' Hello, you seem lost. '' Probably an understatement. '' My name is Adrian and I own this building. If you don''t mind me asking how did you get here and what is your name? '' Adrian asked quietly as to not spook her. After all she was armed and even though he wasn't worried about getting hurt he really didn't want to fight with a woman. Adrian was unarmed wearing a form fitting tank top and black jeans. No shoes. With a small smile on his face he waited for her to respond, or attack him. Which ever came first.

User Image

Niona E. Shade
^Full Img^

I desire adventure,
I need to live

User ImageAfter a long moment of though and a slight tilt of the head as Adrian spoke Niona took her hand from the hilt of her blade. She would need them to communicate after all, and this man did not seem in any mood to cause her harm. She smiled then and gave a low and dutiful bow, her hands stiff to her sides until she raised her head once more. She looked him in the eye and then her hands came up before her.

She had not ever spoken in english before, but had on rare occasion com across a few stray white men that were too far from home. She pointed then at Adrian and smiled softly. "You, you own." And then she pointed at the floor with both hands to signify the surrounding area

"I... not know..." She continued to falter for words as she tried to answer his questions, but she did not have the words "Not know here?" she questioned tilting her head a little as the upward inflections in her voice made it more clear she had no idea what had just happened

"I stay?" She then asked quickly "I help..." The second reply was more like a statement than a question

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Adrian smiled softly. She wasn't very good when it came to English but he had to give her effort for trying. It was kind of cute. But Adrian did speak Japanese. Adrian taught himself many different languages while working with Shadow. '' Watashi wa, kono setsuritsu no shoyū-shadesu. Anata ga okane o motte inai baai wa, muryō de taizai kanōdesu. Anata wa,-nen 20 13 ni genzai aru. Watashitachiha, yama to hanarete bunmei karadearu. Tasuke shitai baai, watashi wa kinishinai ga, anata wa de nani o tasukeru koto ga dekiru? '' Adrian said as well as he could. He hadn't spoken Japanese in quite some time. '' Oh, Watashinonamaeha Eidoriandesu anata no namae wa nanidesu ka? '' Adrian asked smiling still as he walked up to her. Taking her hand in his he bowed his head slightly. '' Apekkusutabān e yōkoso. '' Adrian was hoping she understood what he was saying.

(I am the owner of this establishment. You may stay for free if you do not have money. You are currently in the year twenty thirteen. We are in the mountains and away from civilization. If you wish to help I don't mind but what could you help with? My name is Adrian. What is your name? Welcome to the Apex Tavern.

This is all google btw. So if it's totally inaccurate don't hate me.)

User Image

Niona E. Shade
^Full Img^

I desire adventure,
I need to live

User ImageNiona Smiled at the man prattled on in Japanese, suprisingly well. She did however cover her mouth to hide a smile when he hit a few rough patches, out of respect. Translations between Japanese and English were often times completely lost. The two ways of speaking were very far from one another and the emotions behind the words were what really suffered most. She however made no mention of this and instead just smiled and allowed him to take her hand.

"Thank you." She was determined to speak english now, she would stay, and she would speak english until she learned it completely

"Hostess Niona, yours to serve." She said smiling and quickly pulling off the light pauldrons and armors that covered her shoulders and back. "I... will, help you today?"

Now she was just showing off as she tossed her armors outside the door onto the porch and then headed for the bar. She was instantly in better spirits it would seem, by the new spring in her step, and the sway in her hips. She lastly pulled down her hair and looked around the bar to see all the odd and truely strange devices that were held within.

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Adrian smiled seeing her comfortable now. '' You're welcome. '' He said simply. As she removed her armor and tossed it he went and gathered it for her. She may not need it now but some day maybe. It'd be best to keep it. So he took it behind the bar with him and would later take them to her room. '' As my new hostess that means you will tend to anyone who needs serving. Food, drink, even a room. I'll show you where everything is. '' Leading her behind the bar he showed her the cash register. '' This is where you put money people give you for anything. Just put in how much they give you, the drawer will open and you put their money in and take out their change. '' He didn't realize that this may be a bit much. '' You'll understand soon dear. '' Smiling he continued. '' Glasses, are here under the bar and at the back on either side of the alcohol. '' He pointed to each area. '' The kitchen is through that door. '' He said pointing directly behind her. '' That's where all the kitchen supplies are. That's where you make food and the like. '' Smiling to her he continued. '' Any questions Niona? '' Adrian was excited to have an employee. Maybe now he could do other things aside from just serving everyone. The help would be much appreciated.

User Image

Niona E. Shade
^Full Img^

I desire adventure,
I need to live

User Image"Money in drawer, cups, kitchen... room for food and cooking." She smiled and bowed lightly again "Hi!" She exclaimed lightly Japanese for yes, though she had no questions it was to show that she understood.

"Money for food?" she questioned then pulling a small sack out of the inside of her kimono style top. "Money for food, room, drink... stay." She then placed the small purse in his hand and smiled again, The purse was ful of all sorts of gold and silver coins of all sizes and denominations, not much in her time, but in the now very valuable indeed. "I help, but food." She spoke pointing at herself

"Food I make." And without a seconds thought or shyness she turned on her heel and walked through the doors of the kitchen in order to prepare herself some food.

Of course this was to be a whole new type of adventure, but at least she was learning to communicate quickly. Her father, and the culture of Japan had always stressed the importance of being able to quickly learn other languages. It would not be long before all of these people would understand exactly what she wanted to say.

Her eyes looked over the kitchen then as the doors shut behind her, and once more she found herself perplexed. But not being one to constantly ask for assistance she simply made her way round opening things up and finding what she knew of. Pans and food were easy, though she was impressed and slightly fearful of the cold box where the meat was stored...

"Fire." She said to herself looking around for the wood she would need to start a fire, but there was nothing, lest she start breaking apart the furniture for kindling.

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Adrian smiled. This woman was adorable. Perhaps it was the fact that her English wasn't that good. As she vanished into the kitchen he shook his head. That was a rather large area and had lots of things she probably didn't know how to operate. Walking in behind her he was impressed that she found most of the things she needed. But naturally she didn't know how to operate a stove. '' Fire? Here let me show you. '' Walking over to one of the ovens he pointed. '' This is an oven. It makes fire. '' Pointing to a knob he continued. '' Turn this knob and fire will come out. The numbers on it are for the temperature. How hot you want it to be. '' Adrian grabbed it and turned it to the highest. The flame that was produced was an intense blue and was rather high. As he turned it back it lowered and the blue faded slightly. '' See? '' Adrian asked smiling. '' If you don't know how to operate something please find me. These things were expensive. '' Holding up her purse he continued. '' As for this. I can keep it but since you work for me you will not need to pay for room and board. It's provided to you. '' Adrian said smiling gently as he closed his eyes briefly. '' Do you need any help with anything? '' He asked before realizing he had people out at the bar. '' If you need help let me know okay Niona? '' Leaving her to her food he moved to the bar and looked from Vladimir to Alyssia and spoke. '' Alyssia, how are you dear. Would you like something to drink or eat? '' He asked smiling still.

User Image

Niona E. Shade
^Full Img^

I desire adventure,
I need to live

User ImageWhen Adrian first arrived behind her in the kitchen she was in fact wary. She did not like it when people followed her for prolonged periods of time. She had been stabbed in the back just once, but it was enough to learn her lesson. However he spoke about the stove and explined to her the use of the device, as well as the burners. "Magic." She glared when he was halfway through his speech but listened all the same and as he left she took her opertunity to inspect this magic fire machine with a glinting eye and gleaming smile.

She turned the knob quickly and the fire lept from the burner giving her a start and making her jump back a bit. She quickly recovered however and crept close slapping the pan on the fire with, a little more intensity than was needed. She then began about her food making. She had found all the things she needed for crispy skinned duck in sweet plum sauce... one of her favorites

It would be a while before the meal was done, but she would have enough for everyone on the place should they want any. That was the thing with duck, done right you could feed an army with one, and in a delicate sweet plum sauce... who would refuse it?

Adrian is doing well, a very good man Niona... do not ruin this chance, and behave she gave herself a little advice, at least in her mind she did not have to trouble with pronouncing those akward english words.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image
Sitting off to the side quietly, Maggie was left to her thoughts. The people whom had come in didn't really seem to phase her as much as meeting new people normally did, she just didn't feel energetic enough to be all perky and happy.

As Adrian and the others went about their business, she had caught on that he'd gained an employee and that one of the two men was strongly Russian. "Это было долгое время, так как я в последний раз слышал такой сильный акцент." The comment was mostly to herself, but in Russian, the language was stuck in her head and she had an uncanny knack for other languages. When she spoke English however, it was so clean cut one wouldn't think she had any skill with language at all.

Looking to Adrian as he asked a woman if she wanted anything, Maggie waited for a moment of pause before attempting to catch his attention. "Можно мне стакан воды, пожалуйста?" She asked, though her mind was still stuck in Russian mode, blinking she rubbed the back of her neck and cleared her throat. "That is, could I have a glass of water please? Also I'd like to grab a room key if it's not too much trouble."

( "It has been a long time since I last heard such a thick accent." )
Good Judgment Comes From Experience

User Image

Aʆყʂʂเą Sɧəρąяɗ

╔══════════════╗

"I think I'll have one of these 'Loaded Burgers with french fries'" She spoke to Adrian as she read off the menu. " And a bottle of wine." She added. Alyssia was splurging a little. Why not? If she were going to do so anywhere, this would be the place. She handed him the menu as another woman interjected. "My, my. Quite the diverse crowd." She said more to herself than anyone else. To keep her mind off her hunger, Alyssia slipped out of the stool an began wandering around as she waited for her order to be put in and delivered. She dare not leave the room, but she did what she had done in the room she'd purchased: she admired the decor and the detail that had put in to everything in the room.
╚══════════════╝

And A Lot Of Experience Comes From Bad Judgment

Ferocious Guardian

User Image
Adrian looked from Alyssia to Maggie. '' Sure thing dears. '' Getting a glass of ice water for Maggie he set it before her. Moving away from her once more he got her a room key. Returning he set it before her. '' You're room A2. It's down the hall in the west wing over here to your left. If you need anything else let me know okay dear? '' He said smiling politely. Looking back to Alyssia he continued. '' Absolutely dear. '' Getting her a glass and a bottle of wine he set it down where she had been sitting. '' I'll go prepare your food. So don't wander off to far. '' Adrian called to her. Turning around he moved back into the kitchen and saw Niona cooking her food. ' Well at least she got the hang of it. ' He thought happily to himself. Grabbing burger meat and potatoes he tossed the meat onto a skillet and turned on the burner. Grabbing a pot he poured water and oil into it and started the burner under that too. Leaving the meat to cook for a second he cut up the potatoes and tossed them in the makeshift frier and let the hand made fries cook. Flipping the burger meat he pressed it down with a spatula and let the other side cook as well. Going to grab a plate and some bread he moved back over and waited for the food to be done. '' You seem to be adapting fast Niona. that's very good. '' Adrian said with an honest smile.

User Image

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image
Maggie smiled as her water was retrieved, though when Adrian returned to the kitchen she looked around herself. She was surrounded by people she didn't know, and while she usually would have tried to get to know them, tonight she just didn't have the right frame of mind for socializing.

Drinking down her water, she slipped from her stool and went to the room that matched the key given to her. She knew he had said she could stay free of charge, but Maggie occupied her mind by attempting to think of something she could do to repay his kindness.

Flopped out on the bed she buried her face beneath the pillow, laying there and thinking until she fell asleep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff