Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Guardian

One step forward,

User Image
Adrian sat on the window seal. He was intent on hearing her out. But he didn't know how to feel about any of this. Part of him was happy to have her and his daughter back. He still cared for her. But how did he know she wouldn't disappear again? What if her reasons for leaving weren't good enough? So many variables. It was driving him crazy. As she finished he'd answer her. His tone calm. '' Lotus. I know that it's kind of hypocritical of me to be upset about you disappearing since I did it so often...but I always came back. You were gone for so long...I laid in our bed wondering when you would return...if you'd return...always worried. '' Adrian said not looking at her but to the floor. Thunder echoing outside the window. '' But I can tell you didn't mean to hurt me...you wouldn't be here apologizing if you didn't mean it. You wouldn't be trying to save us. '' Adrian's tone unchanging. '' What could have been so important that you had to leave without me? Why couldn't you tell me where you went? Could I have not been of some help? If you had let me come along I could have protected you...maybe you wouldn't have ended up like this... '' Adrian was starting to feel like s**t. His head and heart were pounding. '' I want to fix this...I don't want to be without you. But it's been so long this time...I feel like we don't know one another anymore...do you even trust me? '' He asked looking up at her. His eyes were sad, unsure of everything. But his tone was once again unchanging. '' Lotus I want to help you...I want to save us too...so please...at least tell me what happened...all of it. '' Adrian pleaded with her. He wanted to hear everything before he decided if there was any hope of saving them.

and two steps back.

User Image
        User Image
        User Image

Current Status: Dying OCC:

Lotus’s mind was lost in Adrian’s words. For too long she had waited for this moment, and suddenly, her throat closed up. Silence crept around the room as the Russian considered her options. With every valid reason, Adrian had a right to be upset. After all, she had learned to deal with Adrian being gone and trying to carry out her normal everyday life. Adrian on the other hand, travelling with Shadow, especially had to learn to cope fast with being alone. Of course he had missed her when he was away, but he never had a chance to show it.

Lotus was in a bit of a bind, because she wasn’t sure how Adrian would take what she had to say. There was some rough hidden within that story. Her husband would be furious, and She didn’t need a manhunt to interrupt the more important things going on at home. But how could she tell him that it wasn’t his burden?
        With a small sigh, a pale hand wriggled about franticly while she opened her mouth once more. ”I will tell you.” She said, laying back on their marital bed. ”But it’s not pretty. And you must remember that I made the choice, to leave, therefor the things that happened in here, you couldn’t have stopped. Because I didn’t want you to be there in the first place.” It sounded a bit rude, but Lotus couldn’t imagine another way to say it. If anyone was to blame for what happened to her, it was her. She knew well enough that Adrian would not fight her. He would not tell her what to do. Even if he had been at the Purple Moon when she received the news, she still wouldn’t have let him come. And he would have stayed. The situations would have happened anyway. ”You were gone anyway. It was just me and Ren, and the rest of your crazy family, as well as Krauly, Ari, and a few other people. I spent most of my time with Ren. She was the only one who wanted to talk to me anyway.” Lotus shrugged, having her own varied opinions on Adrian’s stepparents. Alexion showed up every once in a while…but he was…odd.”[/ b] Lotus didn’t want to get into that one. ”I waited. And waited. And waited. And then I ******** up. My dad died.” Lotus’s voice quivered slightly when she spoke. In truth, the knowledge that she had yet to accept the fact Valarian was gone. Lotus closed her eyes, trying to imagine what he would say, if he had been with her on her journey. ”There wasn’t a lot I could do after that. I had no way of contacting you, or Shadow. No one else knew either. I waited as long as I could,” The Russian had laid on the bed on her back, staring only at the celling. She wasn’t about to cry around him again. His own words had her questioning if she did really trust him. ” I’m a Princess. And the only one of the kids still alive. I had a duty to something else.”
        It sounded selfish, but Lotus had not seen another option. ”I thought I would leave long enough to take care of the immediate stuff, burry my dad,” A tiny crack could be heard in the girls throat but she continued to speak past it. ”Sign some papers, Ren and I were not supposed to be gone long. But after a couple of days, I hadn’t heard from you, decided why not stay, another night, just because it’s my home.” She shrugged, trying to put off this being an emotional conversation. She was glad she couldn’t actually see Adrian.
        ”We got attacked, by angels, and lots of them. Us, and the three kingdoms around. Apparently, the four kingdoms were on holy ground, and it was an issue. I couldn’t leave my people, in the middle of that, my father would have been so disappointed. I thought it would be over quickly…” The red=head’s heart was beating much faster now. It worried her so much, curious as to whether or not Adrian could. ”We won. We fought for long time, even Ren learned how to defend herself. Girl is so scary with an arrow.” She paused, hoping to break up the story with a bit of humor. After this part, she wasn’t sure how much longer she could go.
        ”So. He two kings, other queen, and I had a meeting, in order to celebrate our victory. I remember hosting a toast, and then I remember waking up in a room, with no clothes on. I had bandages…” Biting her lip, she realized her voice had gotten much smaller, and more whispery. It wasn’t hard to tell where she could honestly say, she didn’t want to revisit. ”Here.” Her hands were suddenly in the air in front of her. Not long ago they were scared and ugly. ”All over. My body had been through an extreme type of sacrificial ritual, in which tiny slits are made,” By this time Lotus had forgotten Adrian was even there. She disconnected from the experience long ago, to avoid the sudden rush of pain coming back. ”On the front and back of the body. From toes, all the way up to shoulders. They cut straight line, to bone, then turn over, do again. And bandage it up to keep you alive. After all, an angel’s power is terrifying. Too much power in one body could only destroy them, unless of course you’re born with the race already.” But Lotus wasn’t. ” Lucas just so happened to decide, his soul would stay in my body, till he takes over, and rids all four kingdoms off the Angel land. It’s hard to explain, but it’s my home. As easy as it would be to just give up, I can’t. But he’s getting a lot stronger than I am Adrian, and I knew Ren wasn’t safe. In all the chaos, and with how quickly it happened, I couldn’t come back. Not yet. “
        Lotus sat up, stretching her arms out above her head. She was oddly alright for everything constant attack she had been under. But she felt just awful reliving it every day of her life. Of course her husband could have helped her, had he himself not been away. But after that, It was all her anyway. She had changed. Killing things had that effect on one’s conscious. ”I never thought about how I’d die, Adrian. Not until I realized it might be before I see my little girl grow up, or see us married. But now that it’s so tangible, I realized I am going to die very violently, and you’re kinda the only thing that can keep me at peace. “ What a lousy attempt at a joke. But the thought caused Lotus’s skin to crawl. Sadly, every joke told the truth, at least a little bit. ”So here I am. I’m sorry.”
Here's The Thing About Equality

User Image
♥ Faith Black ♥

A bottle soared over Arashi's head and shattered against the mantle. If she'd wanted to hit him, she would have. Faith was just really dramatic at times. "You son of a b***h." She snarled. "Cut that s**t out. You're giving me a headache." As terrified as she was about her very near future, she knew Arashi wasn't here to kill her. If he had been, he would have just done so, as opposed getting her attention. "You know I hate it when you do that s**t." She snapped. Despite being in a dress, she plopped down on the couch opposite him, knees slightly apart. He wouldn't be able to see anything unless he was on the floor anyway. He was too tall to sneak a peak from that angle. "Are you here to tell me my days are numbered as well?" The goddess looked worse for wear. She was thinner, her hair was a mess, and whatever make-up was on her face was merely remnants. She sat back and crossed her legs; which started to bounce impatiently.

Everyone's Equal When They're Dead

Ferocious Guardian

One step forward,

User Image
Adrian had watched her move from the doorway to the bed and then to a laying down position. As she spoke he could feel in his stomach that he wasn't going to like any of this. But it was too late. She had started talking and there was no going back. As she told her story of what happened when he left he could feel his heart beat increasing. Adrian was beginning to breathe a little heavier. She told him that she didn't want him to come. That he couldn't have stopped anything. This was bullshit. Adrian continued to listen though. He wouldn't interrupt her. He clenched his fist as he continued to endure. So her father had died. That was unfortunate. After all the man was his father in-law to be. He felt a little upset that he wasn't able to have spent some amount of time with the man. But as she continued to tell him what happened his fist unclenched. He felt sorry for her. She had endured a lot. But he disagreed with her on everything involving him. He could have stopped all of this. She wouldn't have had to endure any of this if she had just told him where she had gone.

Now that he was pissed again he tightened his fist and turned from her. He was pacing now trying to keep from opening his mouth before it was his turn. He had asked for this so he would wait no matter what. But his feelings only got worse. She spoke of chaos and fighting and their daughter being exposed to it. But wasn't that one of the reasons she wanted him to build this place in the first place. So they could get away from the Purple Moon that had the very chaos and fighting she had tried to avoid? Instead she chose more chaos and more bloodshed. And for what? Her ******** people? He was growing impatient now. She was looking more and more like some sort of hypocrite as she spoke. Sh had been upset with him for leaving for so long. But he always came back. She never came back. Not till it was too late. And for what? Because she wanted to play hero and keep him from his family. If they were her people then wouldn't they be his people too? They were to be married for god sake! This was just as much his problem as it was hers and she selfishly wanted him out of it! Did she not want him around anymore? Did she not want to be married to him? She said he was her only husband but what ******** good was that if she didn't let him in her life when she needed him most. Adrian could feel his condition getting worse. Bringing his hand to his head he let out a low grunt. He was trying to keep it quite.

A bolt of lightning helped with a loud thunders boom shortly after. Sitting back down on the window seal he tried to slow his breathing. Get his head together. But her tale of how she ended up in the condition she was in when she arrived. He didn't know who Lucas was but if she was able to call him by name then he assumed she was close to him. Irrelevant. When she finished he just sat there. '' Lotus... '' He began. But he couldn't continue. What could he say? He was beyond upset. He was mad, hurt, sad. So many things. But he had to be careful. He was walking on thin ice now. '' I can't believe you...you say you didn't mean to hurt me...but this all sounds pretty ******** deliberate to me. '' Adrian didn't look up. His tone was calm, but loud. '' You said you didn't want me to come. That you wouldn't have let me. Then what were we even doing in the first place Lotus? If you couldn't count on me when you needed me the most then what good am I? What am I to you? '' Adrian was on his feet. Another lightning bolt followed by a louder thunderous boom. '' We were going to be married! '' He shouted loudly. '' Those ******** people were just as much my people as they were yours! You know damn good and well I could have protected you and them! All of this could have been avoided. You wouldn't have ended up like that and we wouldn't have ended up like this Lotus! '' Adrian was fuming.

His heart was pounding out of his chest. It was getting harder to think straight. '' I'm sorry about your father. I'm sorry you had to go through this. But this is ******** ridiculous Lotus! '' Adrian didn't know what else to say. '' You left me and disappeared for a bunch of selfish s**t! All of those things were things I could have helped with! I could have been there! We could have been together and our daughter would have had both her parents and she wouldn't have had to learn to defend herself so early on! For god sake Lotus! You wanted to leave the Purple Moon because it was to chaotic and there was too much danger and then you ******** take our daughter to even more god damn danger and chaos! '' Adrian was doing all he could to keep his s**t together but it was proving difficult. At some point in time he had made his way over to the bed. He hadn't even been aware of it. Turning around he walked back to the window with his hands in his hair. '' Ahhh! '' Kneeling before the window he started to breathe rapidly. His scream was short, a yell of frustration. If he didn't do something to relieve it he'd probably lose himself. He didn't want that. Not for Lotus. Yeah she had ******** up big time. But he loved her. She didn't deserve to see him go to that place.

and two steps back.

User Image

Ferocious Guardian

It's do or die.

User Image
Arashi didn't even flinch. Instead he opened his eyes and watched her with a wide smirk on his face. '' As you wish gorgeous. '' In an instant his aura vanished. '' So good of you to join me. '' Sitting up slightly he watched her move to her seat across from him. She was looking rather sick. But damn did she still look good. '' You look like hell. '' He said matter of factly. Getting up as she spoke he laughed lightly. '' Oh no. I was told you met with the twins. How did that go by the way? I know they can be quite the handful. '' Arashi made his way around her and laid his hands gently on her shoulders. '' So tense dear. Let me help you relax. '' He was purposely ignoring her questions. Rubbing her shoulders gently he smiled. '' No, I'm not here to tell you that your days are numbered. '' As he rubbed he leaned down close to her ear. Putting his lips against her ear he whispered. '' They are up. '' Whipping back in case she moved suddenly he moved his hands from her shoulders and walked back to her front. '' The boss is done waiting on you. So he sent me to...move things along. '' Arashi said with a chuckle. '' I've never seen the human in question...but according to the boss he is one that can not be left alive. Thus he want's him dead immediately. '' Sizing her up he smirked seductively. '' Even looking like hell you still look god. It's incredible. How do you do it girl. '' Arashi waved his hand before his face. '' I digress. I don't know what this guy did to get put on the list but apparently it's pretty bad. '' Arashi said sitting back down now for the time being.

Only the strong survive.

User Image

User Image
♥ Faith Black ♥

Faith rolled her eyes at her colleague's blunt observation. Even before he put his hands on her, she relaxed slightly. At least he wasn't here to lecture her. Adrian never traveled alone. She hadn't had time to corner him and kill him without having to kill everyone else in the Tavern. She wasn't messy like that. She allowed him to touch her, only because she desperately needed some relief from her anxiety. At his words in her ear, she gasped. "That can't be!" She exclaimed, turning to face him. She watched him walk around her as her heart started beating rapidly in her chest. She was losing it. At his- let's call it a compliment- she rolled her eyes. In one swift movement she'd opened her legs and put her right arm in between them; teasing him, basically. "Looking to show me a final thrill before He calls me Home?" She scoffed. She sat back, and thought for a second before shaking her head. "He wouldn't get rid of me. He'll understand. My hands were tied. He needs me." She insisted. "I've done so much for him as far as population control. Bubonic, Malaria, Cancer, AIDS, the internet." She'd been listing off her major accomplishments on her fingertips. "Hell, if that last isn't a plague upon wisdom, I don't know what is!" Faith was standing now. She didn't remember standing up, but she was shaking. "Not to mention all of the recreational drugs I had a hand in creating! ....Right?" She bit her lip.

Ferocious Guardian

It's do or die.

User Image
Arashi ignored her provocative behavior. He didn't like them just throwing it out like that. '' Faith you are so full of yourself. You may have done all that but you can't even kill one simple human. '' Arashi was serious. '' He's tired of waiting. And he isn't happy. '' Seeing that she was growing quite unsettled he smirked. She was so much cuter when she was panicked. '' However...I have a proposition for you. '' He walked up behind her and put his hands on her hips pressing his chest against her. Nuzzling her neck with his face he continued. '' You know I like you Faith. I've always been a fan of your work...and your appearance more so. '' He teased her. '' So, why don't you help me kill him. You do, and I'll put in a good word for you with the boss. That way you only get a slap on the hand...or maybe the a**. '' He said reaching down and tapping her butt. Moving away from her he stood near the active fireplace. '' So here's the deal if you choose to accept. '' He stretched and cracked his neck. '' While I'm here...you're my assistant. My cute, sexy assistant. You do what I tell you, when I tell you to do it. '' Smirking to her he walked over and grabbed her gently by the chin. '' No complaints. No back talk...okay a little back talk. But without hesitation. '' Arashi said quite seriously but with a huge smile on his face. '' So if you can do that then I'll help you when we're done here. '' He was extremely close to her face at this point. Moving away he held out his hand. '' So, we got a deal? '' He asked his hand steady. His tone quite serious.

Only the strong survive.

User Image

User Image
♥ Faith Black ♥

Her eyes narrowed when Arashi told her she was full of herself. She was incredibly vain, and she knew it. However, it always irritated her whenever someone mentioned it. Hypocritical? Very. She crossed her arms over her stomach whenever he approached her from behind. If she didn't know any better, she'd say he wanted her. However, she knew he was only toying with her. Faith hated him for it, but not as much as she hated herself for enjoying it. His breath on her neck. The pat on her rear. She shook her head when he moved away from her. Like a dog shakes water off it's back, she was trying to shake off his touch. She'd glanced at the floor while he was talking to scratch the top of her head. Next thing she knew, he was lifting her chin. It took all of her willpower to listen, and not interrupt him. She wanted to tell him to ******** off. To take his deal and shove it up his a** until he could taste it. However, she was alone, and had a huge target on her. She would be biting the bullet; whether it be metaphorically or literally. She took a moment to consider everything he'd said, then raised her green eyes to meet his. She stuck out her right hand. "Deal. Assistant or not, though, I'm not addressing you as anything other than your name" She smirked, knowing he-like most males- probably had some twisted fetish that included women calling him 'Daddy' or something along those lines. She'd never understood that.

User Image
        User Image

Lotus had stopped breathing for the entire time Adrian’s outburst took place. But her breathing remained calm and focused as he spoke. She had been under and through too much stress to deal with that. However she remained unaffected by his entire speech. With her hands resting on her temple, it was easy for her to feel Adrian oddly pace around yelling at her. But it wasn’t until he started her way, she even bother to look at him. As if he was going to hurt her? Her eyes slanted and she found herself standing by the bed, further away from where Adrian stood. As the bolts hit the tavern, Lotus couldn’t help but think how much what she was about to say was going to sting. The Russian was amazed at what Adrian had the nerve to say to her. But she kept quiet, making eye contact and nodding every so often.
        ”Keep your voice down.” She motioned to the hall. ”Things echo in places like this. I could less who knows whatever goes on in here with the exception of my daughter. It might come to surprise you, that she didn’t know I was in a war. “ Lotus was dripping in sarcasm, unable to control all the hate her other soul had in her. ”You know why that was? Because angels are easy to avoid. Are you saying,” She stopped for a moment, staring him down, no longer worried about holding her lounge. Pacing back to the door, she laughed slightly and continued her speech. ”That, I should have, A.” She said counting off one of her fingers, ”Risked mine and your daughter’s life, trying to find you, because I never had any idea where you were, then proceeded to try and pull you away from a contract with Shadow to come with me to sign papers and bury my dad. Or maybe I could have left her with you, and she could have ran from demons instead.” The idea made no sense to the young Russian. After all, was Trinity not a good kid? The effects of war never hit her. She was happy, loveable and caring young half demon. She didn’t fear people, or worry about others intending to kill her. Ren was just happy to be on Earth another day. ”I guess my parenting could be called into questioning there. After all, while I fought so vigorously, she never saw any of it. Not once.” Lotus dropped her arms. In deep disbelief, she could only stare blankly at her husband by the window seal.
        ”What was I supposed to do? Come find you? I had no idea where you were. Shadow was always with you, I couldn’t just ask for directions to a ******** contracts house!” Lotus sounded defeated. If Adrian really couldn’t see an issue with this, then she would remain shocked. ”And then get you away from Shadow, or maybe, trying to convince you to help a bunch of people you don’t know before helping your immediate family. Not only that,” Lotus scoffed unsure of what the hell her husband’s issue was. ”But they weren’t your people. We weren’t married. Because we weren’t ready, to tell you crazy mother, and your very terrifying father, that we wanted to get married.” Lotus shrugged her shoulders. ”They were my people. They had no connection to you. Maybe if we were married, I’d let you help. But I have to make decisions that are best for the extension of my family.” Lotus was growing impatient, and a shock wave through her body caused her to quiver just a bit. ”I couldn’t find you. I protected her. I protected everyone. I came all the way back to find you. Have you noticed that Ren treats you like a ******** God?” Lotus spat out, disgusted with the fact Adrian couldn’t see past his own little world. ”If I wanted to hurt you, I’d use her to do it. But she doesn’t disrespect you, she doesn’t resent you for not being there, she doesn’t hate you. She worships the very ground you walk on! Because I told her only the truth about you.”
        This is where she decided she was done. Her last speech was itching to jump out of her throat, but the young mother tried to keep her calm the best way she knew how. ”Don’t tell me I’m Selfish. You ran off to protect us, I did the same to whats important to me, without getting you or Trinity involved or hurt. Why? Because we weren’t married, this bar wasn’t here, and neither were you.” The Russian felt herself starting to shake with anger. ”It’s easy to blame everything on me. After my life must be so easy, since all I do is take care of Ren. Now I have a chance to do my job, and the best part is,” Lotus choked out, ready to just give up, she wanted to leave. I mean, would Adrian really go out of his way to attack her, or the bar he made? Knowing all the people inside. ”I do it without hurting other people. It is now my job with a steady income, that I don’t have to hurt anybody. I also don’t have to be there while I’m doing my job. Meaning I’m not going to get hurt, and we could have raised our daughter together, cuz you wouldn’t have to play lapdog.”

Lotus spat, her own words leaving a bad taste in her mouth. She was going crazy, and could feel it from her feet all the way to her shoulder blades. ”Are you kidding me? If I wanted to hurt, I would have used your little girl to do it. I would have never come back, and you would have never seen her again. But I didn’t.”
        She glared at him, his accusations hitting every inch of shield. Lotus loved him very much, and couldn’t stand the thought of not being with him. But This was getting incredibly dumb, and her head was pounding. Slanging over to the doorway to their room, she opened the door and prepared to walk out. She question herself , irritated, wondering if there was anything left to say. ”I’ll be gone in the morning. Keep your anger down. A power like that could really everyone up. Ren’s sleeping down the hall. Don’t wake her. “ She headed out of the room, and down the hallway to the stairs before waving her shoulder. ”The couch is just fine. “ Lotus mumbled, just annoyed at the fact Adrian was being so selfish and hypocritical. Grumbling she headed back donw the stairs to the lobby. This is where, she decided, she’d sleep her last night here

Ferocious Guardian

It's do or die.

User Image
Arashi almost died when she agreed. Oh man by the time this was over he was probably gonna hate him. Squeezing her hand firmly he smiled from ear to ear. '' Deal. '' With that their agreement was sealed. '' First in for most I want you to tell me everything you know about the man. '' Sitting down he patted his lap. '' And come sit on my lap Faith. '' He couldn't stop from grinning. But something was up. He could feel a distortion in the air. His storm was beginning to react to something other than him. When she got to him he held up his hand to silence her. '' Do you feel that... '' He questioned curiously. '' Something...is up. '' Arashi had an odd feeling in his gut. Something was wrong. '' Never mind. Go ahead and tell me what you know about the man. '' Putting his hand on her thigh he rubbed it gently. '' Cute get up by the way. '' Arashi said with a wink. This game of poke the bear was his favorite game of all time.

Only the strong survive.

User Image

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image

It was good that the pair had moved inside when they did, Maggie had not noticed the oncoming storm, and thankfully it was not until they were comfortablely asleep on Alex's bed that the lightening began to strike. For the most part of the low rumbling thunder the blonde was soundly asleep, the louder strikes however did cause her pleasant dreams to sour, a frown replacing the peaceful smile that had been upon her features.

When a bolt struck near the Apex however the powerful crack snapped Maggie out of sleep, sending her eyes wide as her arms instinctively wrapped tightly around the warm body next to her. A fearful squeak came from her as she pressed face against his chest and attempted to hide herself in the loose grasp he had on her.

It would take a lot for her to fall back asleep, she was too frightened to move from the safety of the bed. Every so often her mind would play tricks on her, shadows warped and manipulated by the flashes of lightening, the echoes of loud voices in the halls, or was that the thunder rolling through? She couldn't tell, all she knew was that the Apex felt strangely dangerous in the dark.

Rayne Reigns

Ferocious Guardian

One step forward,

User Image
Adrian snapped. She was going to walk away from him? She was going to just leave again? No not this time. Adrian vanished from the spot and reappeared behind her. Picking her up around the waist he took her back to the room kicking and screaming. Tossing her on the bed he growled. '' No. '' Adrian's face was warped with anger. '' You're going to sit there...and we're going to finish this. '' His voice sounded off. But one wouldn't be able to place it unless he spoke louder. '' You think you can turn this on me? '' He asked his tone growing louder. '' Lotus you could have left a ******** note or something. Anything! You didn't have to just disappear! '' Adrian's tone was now back to full volume.

Though his voice sounded distorted. Like someone was trying to talk while he was talking. Saying what he was saying but in a deeper tone. Adrian was doing everything he could to keep himself together. But his very world was being threatened. He wasn't sure if he could keep it held down this time. IF she disappeared again he didn't know what he'd do. '' Lotus you say you didn't mean to hurt me but don't you understand that everything you've done up till now has done the exact opposite of what you wanted!? '' Adrian's hand came to his covering his right eye.

Grunting slightly to himself he continued. '' You say you'd use our daughter to hurt me...that you aren't doing that now. But you are. You used her as an excuse to come here. To find me. '' Adrian left it at that. But he began to laugh as more lightning and thunder resounded through the building. '' Do you know that when I got back I had planned to have us get married? I had talked to Shadow about everything. Most of which he already knew. But he was supportive...but you were already gone. '' Laughing still he shook his head. '' I held out waiting to see if you'd come back...or if I'd hear from you. '' He wasn't even looking at her at this point. His laughter had stopped now. '' If I had known you no longer wanted me around I would have left sooner. '' Adrian was breathing deeply. Doing his very best to suppress this power. '' You're right though...they weren't my people. We never did get married. But I would have helped them. That's kind of my thing...defender of people. '' It was true. Adrian had decided when he learned to fight and such that he would defend the weak.

So that what happened to him would never happen to someone else. But apparently that didn't matter. He was beginning to wonder if any of this mattered. '' I'm not blaming you for everything Lotus! '' Adrian roared. '' I'm blaming you for what you've done! I know I'm not perfect! I'm sorry I wasn't around more! But I Was trying to make the money to rebuild this place and get us away from that bar like you wanted! What was I supposed to do? Everything I've done, I did for you and what do I get in return!? I get abandoned and then blamed for it! Told that I wasn't wanted anymore! That I couldn't have helped! '' Adrian had both his hands in his hair over his head.

But then in an awkward calmness he let his hands down and his breathing slowed. '' But it's fine. Because you're right. I ******** up. This is just as much my fault as it is yours. I wasn't a good husband. Or a good father. You had your reasons for leaving. '' Adrian's voice still sounded as if someone was trying to force their way out and talk for Adrian. But he continued. '' But what it comes down to Lotus is do we even love one another anymore. If you didn't care enough to have me involved then why would you want me involved now? That's what will happen if we fix this. I'll be involved in everything. I could argue and fight you on it. But it's the truth. So if you didn't need or want me then. Why should this be different. '' Adrian had subconsciously clenched his fist tightly. To the point of slight shaking.

Or maybe it was just his nerves. '' You want to treat me as a sanctuary to just drop our daughter off at, that's fine too. But I have my own problems that could put her in danger. '' He wondered if she had even thought about that. '' And I can guarantee you that she will probably see some terrifying things because of it. But no matter what...I'll keep her safe. '' After all Trinity was all she had left in this world. '' So here it is. If you want to leave...then leave. Go serve your people and die alone. '' It was harsh but Adrian was through putting in so much only to get so little. '' If you want to stay...figure this out...maybe save your life...stay with your daughter...then stay. But you alone...do not get to decide when this is over. Remember that. '' At this point Adrian's voice had gone back to normal and his breathing had slowed substantially.

Letting his clenched fist go he continued. '' Sorry for losing it like that...maybe if you stick around I'll have time to explain. If not then I'd just forget it if I were you. '' With that Adrian moved to the other side of the room. Sitting down in a chair he closed his eyes and continued to focus on his breathing. '' No matter what you decide though...I never stopped loving you. Even now. Guess that's why it hurts so much. '' It was in the form of a whisper that he spoke those words. It could have been loud enough to hear. But with all the noise from the storm it could have just as easily been ignored. But now he was quiet. He was sure she was going to pop off and yell at him for everything he had said and did. He wouldn't be at all surprised if she ended up leaving. But he had said what he needed to say. Now, whatever happens, happens.

and two steps back.

User Image
        User Image
        User Image

Lotus was exhausted. For far too long she waited around, wondering when the final blow up would hit the star crossed lovers, and when she’d be free to take her leave. Did she want to go? Never, regardless of what Adrian thought. But she had tried so hard to explain herself, these things were her burden. Why was it okay for Adrian to jump down her throat, screaming about how she had messed up, when she only did what he had. If he was at the bar when she received the news, there wasn’t a doubt he’d be with her, even if she didn’t want it. Lotus didn’t want it, but only because it wasn’t his job! With however many secrets the man kept from her, what left her to think he would want to deal with hers? Plus, as far as she knew, it was originally only for a couple days. Lotus was trembling against the air in the hallway. The red-head had been out for a moment, and her anger slowly began to calm her down. It was almost as if being in the same room with the man she loved, at least one time, suddenly became exhausting and terrifying. Something about him was different, but she couldn’t place it. She certainly didn’t think it was going to be a force against her ribcage. The girl gasped for a quick second but found herself being thrown onto a bed before her thoughts could register. She must have yelped or something, for her side ached from the pressure. When she finally was able to work past the motion sickness, Lotus heard screaming. Her eyes took to a focal point by the bed. Blinking a couple of times, she noticed the one screaming was, Adrian..? What..? The thought killed her, her husband didn’t yell..
        But those red eyes widened as, she realized this…was…Adrian. It was then that she noticed a strange echo in his voice, that was never there before. A shiver crossed over her spine as the hair on her neck stood. This…was..not…okay.
        But Lotus sat stone-faced in astonishment, as Adrian continued screaming in her face. Instinctively, she shuddered back, feeling a strong need to leave. But not out of anger, but whatever this was, was not okay.
        As her brain concentrated on connecting what he was saying to something she knew, she struggled. Her panic level was up, and she felt an anxiety attack around the corner. That’s not true. That’s not true She kept saying in her mind. Lotus was just trying to drown out the yelling. The echo was terrifying and set her fight or flight sensors up. She wanted to interrupt, to explain herself, but Adrian was continuously breaking the sentence off. She closed her mouth quickly, and just focused her attention on breathing.
        It hurt, to be hearing the things being, said, not because she thought it was true, but because Adrian had never been this kind of person. Lotus slowly kept backing up, until she realized he had cut off the booming echo voice. He wanted her to stay or go? He had so many things misunderstood! She wanted to say something, as he walked away. That she loved him and missed him, that she never meant to hurt him? That she didn’t know what else to do? That it wasn’t intentional, just a bad mess of terrible misunderstanding. Sighing softly, Lotus quivered, her level of safety tremendously low. After everything Adrian stated, in the midst of a fight began to sink in. The red head brought her knees to her face and whimpered softly. It wasn’t fair! This should not have been happening. Her family was really breaking up. Everything was so wrong.
        Balling up, Lotus rolled over confused. She suddenly had no idea what to say. Adrian told her to stay, to talk, to figure s**t out. She wanted to puke. She was scared, and her head was spitting. Everything was so wrong, she didn’t want any of this. ”No.” She whispered, although she didn’t know to what she was speaking of.
        Whimpering softly, Lotus broke down. She was so scared, she couldn’t lose everything. Slowly, her whimpers turned to tears and after a while, she just stared at the celling. ”You’ve never grabbed me like that before.” It felt odd for that to be the only thing she remembered, or commented on. For now the fight was over, she’d tell him anything he wanted. She’d work as long as he did.
        ”What happened?” Her voice was timid. Adrian had never acted this rough and mean. This wasn’t normal.

Ferocious Guardian

One step forward,

User Image
Adrian sat in silence for what felt like forever. The storm outside had calmed substantially but thunder could still be heard periodically. All Adrian heard her say was no. He didn't know to what. But he took that as his sign. He immediately shut out anything else she was saying. So apparent'y this was it. He was in his own little world now. He had no idea what was going on. All he knew is that he had come close to losing himself and that the only thing he held dear to him was about to be destroyed. But he supposed he deserved it.What worried him more was that he almost lost it. The realization scared him. What would have happened if he hadn't calmed himself down? What would Lotus have been able to do to stop his rampage? It was a terrifying thought. But with that he stood up. '' I guess you made your decision. '' He was referring to her 'No' statement earlier. '' Well I gave you the choice so I'll respect your decision. You can stay in here for tonight. '' With that Adrian began to walk towards the door. His heart hurt, his head hurt just a little less. But he supposed this was the end. It hurt him to accept it but he wouldn't disrespect her decision. Adrian walked over to a dresser and grabbed a jacket out of it. He didn't need pillows or anything. Just something to keep his upper body warm. The couches were comfortable enough after all. '' Goodnight... '' As Adrian began to walk towards the bedroom door once more he started to slid on the jacket. It was just a solid black jacket to go with his dark blue jeans.

and two steps back.

User Image
Minerva Mortis

User Image
xxxxx▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ Alexander Shepard ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀

While the storm may have been easing Alex out of his slumber, he awoke with a start whenever the little blond beside him clenched him. Instinctively, he woke up, ready to fight. However, he only found Maggie cowering in to him. He smiled and tightened his grip around her. "It's alright. Just a storm. It'll pass." He once again started running his fingers through her hair to try and soothe her. "Did you want me to read you another chapter?" He yawned. "I think it was my turn anyway." Alex's eyes were closed, but if she wanted him to read, he'd sit up and turn the light on. He'd do a lot for his friend. He laid there, waiting patiently for her response, perfectly content with just holding her as long as she would let him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff