Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

Hey everyone!

You know what we love? We love to get your Gaia-inspired art work and letters in the mail. We also love having contests for you to win so we can give you fabulous prizes! And since we love all of these things, we decided it was time to bring back an old but awesome feature called "Going Postal".

Many of you may not remember "Going Postal", but we used to have an ongoing feature in which we would spotlight user-submitted art or letters that we received in the post. People would mail us their creations, and we'd select some of the most amazing pieces and show them off to the community. This time around, however, we've added a prize aspect to the process - now you can not only have your art featured in the Going Postal blog thread, but could win a fabulous prize!

Read below in this thread for more details about how to enter!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
GOING POSTAL DETAILS

How long will the Going Postal art submission contest be available?:
Going Postal art submissions will be accepted indefinitely! We don't have a time limit on this - consider it an ongoing contest of sorts. If we ever do have to stop the Going Postal project, we'll give you a heads up!

So what is the purpose of Going Postal?:
This is a way for users to celebrate their love of Gaia by sharing their Gaia-inspired art with us, and a way for us to celebrate these works by showing them off to the community and handing out some prizes.

This sounds great! What are the prizes???:
It IS great - great fun! And speaking of great, check out the prizes! Every week, we'll select up to 10 submissions to feature in our Going Postal blog thread. Everyone who has a submission featured in the Going Postal blog thread will win 50,000 gold!

And as if this isn't a sweet enough prize, at the end of each month, we'll randomly draw 3 names from all the month's winners and those 3 people will also win:
* 2 monthly collectible letters for that month and 100,000 gold

If your submission is one of the best of the month, you could walk away with 2 MC's and 150,000 gold! Not bad for mailing us a letter and some art, hey?

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
CONTEST RULES & GUIDELINES

I really want to enter - HOW DO I ENTER?!?!:
Great question! You just have to draw/create Gaia-inspired fan art and mail it to us at the following address:

Quote:
Gaia Online
P.O. Box 612680
San Jose, CA 95161-2680
U.S.A

Please make sure to include the following information in your letter or on your art.
a) Username
b) Brief description of your submission - We want to know what your piece is about, why it is important to you, etc. Also, please mention a bit about the medium you used to create the piece - paints, CG program, clay, etc.

Can I submit multiple entries to Going Postal? :
You sure can - everyone is allowed, and encouraged, to send in as many pieces of fan art as they want!

I am not from the USA - can I still submit my fan art for the Going Postal contest?:
Sure you can, as long as your country allows you to enter contests like this!

How will the winners be chosen?:
Winners will be chosen at random! Once the contest is over, Gaia staff will review the submissions and pick the winners. As we all know, deciding which pieces of art will win the contest is a subjective process - a piece might move us emotionally or make us laugh; we may like the style of one drawing, or the use of color in another. Please remember that regardless of which submissions win, this does not mean the others are not good. In fact, given the high level of quality we've seen before with other art contest entries, picking winners will be a very tough decision!

How will the winners be notified?:
If you are a winner, Siskataya (one of the Gaia staff) will send you a private message on Gaia and your username and submission will be posted in this thread in the winners' list!

Can I win more than one of the prizes in a given week?:
No, unfortunately, you can only win one prize per week. This makes it more fair for all entrants and allows more people to win! You are free, however, to continue submitting your fan art and trying to win as often as you like!

I cannot draw or paint but I want to enter- can I submit fan art other than a drawing/painting?:
Absolutely! We often get a variety of artistic creations from Gaians who work in a diverse range of mediums. We've received photographs, Gaia bracelets, clay figurines of Gaia NPCs, zOMG! rings made from modeling clay, metalwork items such as key chains, knitted Gaia plushies, hand embroidered Gaia NPCs, macaroni glued on paper plates, homemade Gaia ink stamps, cakes and candies, etc.

Whatever medium you choose to express yourself and your love of Gaia is ok with us! (Well, except for anything too creepy or illegal - that would be bad! eek ) We accept all kinds of media as long as the artwork is Gaia Online-related. If you can fit it in an envelope (or on one!), we may display it here on Going Postal. We look forward to seeing your artwork!

Any other important rules I should know about before I start?:
Yes, there are a few final rules we want to make sure are clear to everyone:

• The contest is open to all members of the Gaia Online community.

• All images/artistic works must be your own creations that you draw/create yourself. Any pictures/submissions that violate copyright laws will be disqualified and may result in a warning for Terms of Service violations.

• All images/submissions must be appropriate for Gaia Online - no inappropriate pictures/objects will be allowed. Any images of this sort will be removed and you will be warned for Terms of Service violations. Keep it clean and fun people!

• Do not share any specific, personally identifying information in your submission. No street addresses, license plates, house numbers, phone numbers, real names, etc. We want you to be safe on Gaia, and online, so keep your private information private!

• Disclaimer: By submitting artwork to Gaia Online, you understand that you are granting Gaia Interactive, Inc universal publishing rights associated with said work, be it digital or print. By the same token, Gaia Online will not use your submitted work for any other purpose outside of the scope of the Gaia Online website without prior notice to you. All submitted arts will not be returned.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

~~ FEATURED GOING POSTAL ENTRIES FOR THE WEEK! ~~~

Hey everyone!

Here are this week's featured Going Postal entries - enjoy! These Gaians did an awesome job on their pieces, so make sure to let them know if you see them around!

- Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

~~ GOING POSTAL WINNER ARCHIVE! ~~~

This will become a list of past winners in case anyone wants to see them! biggrin

- Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

~~ NEWS & UPDATES ~~~

Hey everyone!

If we have any news or updates regarding this feature, we'll post them here!

- Sisky

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces