Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

What is the new gifting feature?
The new gifting feature has been added to the La Victoire cash shop, Club Verge cash shop, and Gold Shops to help you easily buy a gift for a friend! While we used to have this feature in the Cash Shop, adding it to the gold shops is a new feature which we hope you'll like!

How does the new gifting feature work?
Great question! Basically, whenever you go to buy an item in the Cash Shops or Gold Shops you'll now see an additional button that allows you to purchase that item as a gift for another member of Gaia. If you select the gifting purchase option, you'll be asked to whom you want to send the gift, whether or not you want to send the gift anonymously, and if you want to include a message. You'll be able to check your selections out on a confirmation screen before purchasing, and edit anything you need before making the purchase. Once you are ready to purchase the gift, you just have to confirm the purchase and the gold/cash payment will be deducted from your account inventory while your friend is sent a gift! It's actually pretty easy to use and fairly intuitive!

How will my friend know if they got a gift?
In this version of the gifting feature, your friend will be sent a message from [NPC] Rina saying that he/she has received a gift and to go to their inventory to check it out. They will also receive a notice on their MyGaia page in the notices section that shows what item was sent.

When I click on the "Give a Gift" link under my friend's avatar, where will it take me?
If you click the "Give a Gift" link under your friend's avatar, you'll be directed to the Club Verge shop if you are already a member of Club Verge or the La Victoire cash shop if you are not a member of Club Verge. Currently this link only opens the La Victoire cash shop.

What is the "Give a Gift" button under users' avatars?
This was added as an easy way for people to send gifts to each other - basically, it just surfaces the functionality already present in the avatar drop-down. You can still send a gift buy clicking on an item in the cash shops or gold shops and access the gifting feature that way as well.

Since gold shops allow items to be purchase with both Gaia gold or Gaia cash, how will the gifting work in these stores?
Another great question! In the gifting system in gold shops, you'll have to select which type of currency you wish to use when buying a gift for a friend. Just check the radio button beside the payment method you wish to use (either gold or cash) and continue through the purchasing flow.

Are there shops that I can't gift items from?
Yes, actually. Prize & Joy, Salon Durem, and the Treehouse items will be exempt from the gifting feature. These shops are exempt for technical reasons (e.g. hair styles are overlays not items, some items purchased with tokens/tickets or wing stickers not gold or cash, etc.)

Can I wrap my gift with this new system?
Unfortunately, in this first version of the revised gifting system, you won't be able to gift wrap the items you send from the shops. You can still gift wrap items sent from your inventory, so if you really want a present wrapped, you can simply purchase it for yourself from the shops and then go into your inventory to send it.

Not to worry though - we haven't forgotten this! We know that wrapping is one of the most joyful parts of giving gift, so we've been working to get this functionality added to the next iteration of the shops gifting system. Not only that, we have some brand new and amazing looking new wrappings that you'll be able to choose from.

Here's a few examples of the new present box styles to whet your gifting and wrapping appetite!
User Image

What if it turns out I can't afford to purchase an item as a gift?
If you don't have enough currency to purchase the gift you want, you'll see a message that tell you that you need to get more cash or gold, and will link you to an appropriate site page where you can get more Gaia cash or learn how to earn more Gaia gold!

I had an issue with sending a gift - how can I get help?
Eek! We're sorry to hear you may have had an issue using the gifting system. Not to worry! You just need to file a billing ticket through our Help Center and the team that handles purchasing issues will be happy to help you out. Scroll down this page until you see the 'Click Here" link to open a ticket. Please make sure to select "Billing Inquiry" as the ticket description so your issue gets to the right team!