Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Welcome to Gaia 9 Action News, coming to you live from Gaia's Valentine's Day Forum, where the annual celebration of love is in full swing. If you haven't already visited it, this is the place to send gifts and cards to the people you care about, as well as people you want to mess with-- there are plenty of options for the anti-Valentine's crowd, too.

Whether you share Diedrich's psychotically cute appreciation of V-Day, Carl's love of senseless destruction or Sentinel's naughty attitude, you're likely to find the words you've been searching for in the Valentine's Day Forum, plus lots of people eager to chat, share stories and send and receive gifts.

New Manga

The epic tale of Gaia continues to follow the fall-out of the murder of its charismatic tycoon, Johnny Gambino. Gino, Overseer and Sentinel search for a solution to their mortal dilemma, while sinister forces seek to take advantage of the "mortal" part. Every day a new page is released, leading many to call this the most exciting serialized event of the century (Gaia 9 interviewed several 100 year-old people and they confirmed this). We don't want to give too much away-- though an advance script was leaked to Gaia 9 Action News and we have to say: wow!-- so just keep reading to find out who survives and for how long.

Staff Interview: Cashmere Cactus

For this month's staff interview, we asked the relatively fresh-faced writer meatless to interview the veteran half of Gaia's wordsmithing team, Cashmere Cactus. This is what we got.

M: Cashmere Cactus, our close working relationship on the writing team has led me to ask a number of questions, such as, "Is this guy seriously my boss?" and "Did Cashmere Cactus just push a dog into traffic?!" It's my great pleasure to get the chance to ask you about this in a public forum.

M: If you would please remove the wad of tobacco from your cheek, I'd like to begin. Oh, my mistake, I didn't realize that was actually a baby's skeleton you were chewing on. Disgusting.

M: First question: how long have you been at Gaia and what do you do here?

CC: I've been here since 2006. I was originally hired to do customer support stuff, but during my interview Lanzer saw that all my experience was in writing, so they started making me write more and more stuff until I became Gaia's full-time writer about a month after I was hired.

M: Who do you think hates you the most? Or is it impossible to pick just one person?

CC: Besides you? That's a tough one. Probably Ling, because I've been sitting next to her for years and she's been building up resentment the whole time. Plus, she's a belligerent drunk, so it's in her basic nature to hate people.

M: Co-workers have described you as "a Johnny Gambino-esque tyrant but without the charm or talent." Why is your personality so disagreable?

CC: I think the main thing people find repulsive about me, aside from the obvious physical stuff, is my rural hillbilly cussedness. But I guess that's WHAT is disagreeable about my personality, rather than WHY my personality is disagreeable-- if you want to track down the motivations behind my terrible behavior, you'd probably have to hire a psychiatrist.

M: Over the years you've had a guiding hand in many Gaia projects. Which did you screw up the worst, and why did you do that on purpose?

CC: Older Gaians will remember those animated plot videos we commissioned for Halloween back in 2007 or so. They were a huge disaster, and we all knew it way before we released them. I didn't make them, but my biggest regret is that I didn't try hard enough to sweep those things under the rug and make sure they never got released. Now we just try to pretend they never happened.

M: As a writer whose skills are grossly over-valued, I know you've contributed to a number of other publications. What are your other passions in life? What do you write about when you're defrauding Gaia of time and money?

CC: I write a music column for a big weekly paper and some stuff for a humor website, among other things. Other than writing, my passions include chilling, cold lamping, maxing and/or relaxing. I'm also an award-winning lover and an avid wearer of shoes.

Of all the criminal charges currently pending against you, which do you most deserve to be punished for?

CC: I'm not supposed to comment on pending litigation, but in general I don't think I deserve to be punished for any of the terrible things I do. I consider myself above the law. Everything always pretty much works out in my favor, so I'm reasonably sure I can just coast through life being horrible to everyone and never get my comeuppance.

M: If one person was going to be in charge of the writing team and it wasn't you, who should it be?

CC: You want me to say "you," don't you? Never going to happen. I'll cling to my meaningless authority as long as I possibly can, just to prevent you from being promoted. I will bury you.

M: You're drinking already? It's not even lunch. No, help yourself, I'll take care of the EI Report while you sleep it off. At least you came to the office today.

CC: Fix me two more whiskey sours and I promise not to rip up your paycheck.

This is Cindy Donovinh, signing off for Gaia 9 Action News. Happy Valentine's, everyone!

mean mina's Husband

Sexy Trash

31,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Married 100
Huzzah! And it's not even March.

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Woot woot! New newsletter and interview to read. heart
I absolutly HATE valentine's day..... >.>
Silky Pine Tree biggrin

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Oh, Cashmere. rofl

Vicious Vampire

13,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
CASHMERE CACTUS YAY!

Star Survivor

11,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
I really did not want to remember those Halloween videos existed :(

Friendly Grabber

12,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Poor meatless. Awesome interview. rofl I'm curious if Gaia is going to hire another writer Brunosmad? At least, my understanding is he was a writer.

Queen Guu's Fav

Friend

[NPC] Cindy Donovinh
User Image

Welcome to Gaia 9 Action News, coming to you live from Gaia's Valentine's Day Forum, where the annual celebration of love is in full swing. If you haven't already visited it, this is the place to send gifts and cards to the people you care about, as well as people you want to mess with-- there are plenty of options for the anti-Valentine's crowd, too.

Whether you share Diedrich's psychotically cute appreciation of V-Day, Carl's love of senseless destruction or Sentinel's naughty attitude, you're likely to find the words you've been searching for in the Valentine's Day Forum, plus lots of people eager to chat, share stories and send and receive gifts.

(HTML code)

Proxy Pal

This was a fascinating look at Gaia's imaginative underbelly, and I hope Meatless can make Gaia life just as despair-inducing cancer-causing uh...surrealistic as ever, if not more so.

And I liked the animated shorts of 2007. They were deliberately designed with flat acting and lame plot structure to promote mash-ups, right? Genius!

..Right?

<3 to you guys.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas