• Tycoon 200
can't wait for the event!!!!!

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Coupler
About damn time. =/ Summer is almost over now.

This is exactly what I was thinking...
[NPC] Cindy Donovinh
Meet the Staff: Tashabatata

The Gaia art department recently brought in Tashabatata, the younger sister of legendary Gaia bro-team Brunosmad and Fleep. Along with all of the wit, moxy and talent of her brothers-- and far less of their grumbling, troll-smell and back sweat-- Tashabatata also brings the perspective of a long-time Gaia fan.

User Image

Tashabatata in full shameless nerd mode

Since joining the art team, Tashabatata has been a constant source of youthful enlightenment for the old-timers wandering Gaia's hallways, searching for artificial sweeteners and someone to explain what "furries" are. Since she has so many answers, Gaia Action 9 sat down with her to get a few answers of our own.

Some people say you're an art intern, so let's set the record straight. What do you do at Gaia?

I'm an art intern! I get to play with a bunch of different creative projects, including drawing, pixeling, and organization. It's like a eating a delicious art salad, without the mouth full of toxic paint!

Reputable sources, like your older brothers, tell me you were a Gaian before coming to work here. How long have you been a Gaian, and what drew you to become one?

Well, I became a Gaian back in 2004, when I was really dorking out about this particular animated series. Like, horrendously so. If I recall correctly, I was awkward, 13, and regularly attempting to sew scary, decrepit fan plushies. Those were great times! However, and I think many Gaians can back me on this, being simultaneously a teenager and a dork is not without its hardships. Those are the years when kids feel a ton of pressure to fit in-- and if you were a huge nerdlinger like me, you'd know that it's hard to crawl into a comfortable niche.

Gaia, to my great joy, gave me that niche for a few years. While punks at school were giving me guff, I managed to connect with my kind of people in the forums. I found Gaia to be a place where I could really be myself without being judged -- it was essentially my geek sanctuary. Oh, and for the record, I frequently use geek as a term of endearment!

Beside that oh-so-wonderful part of my Gaia experience, I also just admired the art and creativity that the site fostered. It was a breath of fresh air to inhabit an artistically-inclined community.

Why did you want to be an art intern at Gaia?

First of all, I have always loved drawing. I'm pretty sure I was doodling on the walls of my mother's uterus when I was but a shrimp of a fetus, I love it so much. All disturbing imagery aside, the prospect of actually doing what I love for a website that I love was an exciting one. I knew it would involve a ton of work, and because of that, I was certain it would be a very challenging experience-- which would inevitably help me grow as an artist tremendously.

If you could have anyone in the world draw you, who would it be, and why?

Bruce Timm! I've always loved his adorable, ovary-explodingly cute character designs. Do I want to be drawn by the guy who created Harley Quinn? Hell yeah!

What is a normal day at Gaia like for you? What are you working on now?

A normal day at Gaia for me involves nomming on cereal, listening to music, and many attempts at cranking out art with my tablet. Of course, since I wouldn't consider myself a particularly seasoned artist, I often ask others to look over my work and make sure that the arms I draw look like arms, as opposed to, I dunno, shapeless sausages.

Right now, I'm working on drawing general chunks of clip art that can be used by other artists when needed. I really enjoy this project in particular, because it gives me a lot of freedom in terms of what I get to draw. It forces me to tap into my creative juices (that always sounded gross to me) and push myself to draw stuff outside of my comfort zone. It's neat!

Do I have something stuck in my teeth?

Yes, it's disgusting. Get out of my sight.

~Me: Jose_1516
Cool I guess I need more time reading your message/post.

redface

Popular Man-Lover

11,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I love the gender bender but the random skin and eyes is kind of annoying (cough gold sinker cough)
And the summer event just as schools and college classes are starting? I mean whats with that? Oh well hope it has good items or something

Oh and Jose1516...don't quote something that long in a forum...just a piece of friendly advice!
Murasaki Alien
Coupler
About damn time. =/ Summer is almost over now.

This is exactly what I was thinking...

Heck yah I better get all A + in my subject to have an Income of $250,000 or more!
sweatdrop
RenLacarne
I love the gender bender but the random skin and eyes is kind of annoying (cough gold sinker cough)
And the summer event just as schools and college classes are starting? I mean whats with that? Oh well hope it has good items or something

Oh and Jose1516...don't quote something that long in a forum...just a piece of friendly advice!

Srry can some one delete that huge qoute?
redface

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
OMG, Sounds epic and I want those stickers now so bad...

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
So nice to meet you, you are beautiful and I Welcome you with all my heart.
biggrin

Angelic Blob

123WAFFLES
im kinda confused this is my first year, so ive never experienced a summer event what is it like?

Next to Halloween, Summer events are the largest and longest and usually require Gaians to team up. They can also be frustrating and fun at the same time.

2004 - the first Gaia Olympics, the NPCs were in a marathon, no real Gaian participation, all you did was root for who to win.

2007 - Huge water fight, Town Teams. The NPCs were the Leaders.

2008 - the second Gaia Olympics, this one involved Gaians and Town Teams. There were a bunch of silly Flash games to play.

2009 - Camp themed event, Gaians played pranks on one another, the NPCs were Councilors.

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
oh ok sounds like fun! biggrin
Bunai
123WAFFLES
im kinda confused this is my first year, so ive never experienced a summer event what is it like?

Next to Halloween, Summer events are the largest and longest and usually require Gaians to team up. They can also be frustrating and fun at the same time.

2004 - the first Gaia Olympics, the NPCs were in a marathon, no real Gaian participation, all you did was root for who to win.

2007 - Huge water fight, Town Teams. The NPCs were the Leaders.

2008 - the second Gaia Olympics, this one involved Gaians and Town Teams. There were a bunch of silly Flash games to play.

2009 - Camp themed event, Gaians played pranks on one another, the NPCs were Councilors.
Hey Gaia!
Not that I don't LOVE your events...

Summer is over. Okay?
OVER.

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
lez do this

Kawaii Carnivore

Jose_1516
RenLacarne

Srry can some one delete that huge qoute?
redface
You can edit it and delete the quote part if you want.

8,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
summer event = late....
oh well^^

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
*is confused*
So what is the deal with these 'daily stickers", the way it's stated in the post it seems like it should've started already.

But at least we'll get an event. they have 2 weeks til our area schools start up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff