Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Why must you insist on debating over which series is superior?
Just upsets me a little to see when people make posts like
2003 FMA SUX. THEY MESSED IT UP. BROTHERHOOD/MANGA ALL THE WAAAAY
You do realize that the only reason it was different was so that Hiromu could have a chance to finish the manga the way she intended. Not to mention the fact that the creative team behind the 2003 anime often consulted Hiromu about how the series should progress, and she herself enjoyed it and how it ended.
Both versions have their ups and downs, and due to their circumstances of creation, they really shouldn't be compared to begin with.
I'm probably going to see another versus/preference thread some time in the future, but I just needed to get this off my chest.

I kind of understand your rant, but I can't support the hatred. Even though, for me, the 2003 anime was seriously messed up in a lot of ways due to so, so many things (I'd have to spoil flag big time to explain, for those who don't know much about the 2003 version).

BUT. Much was wrong, but it wasn't all awful. Plus, some people I know and even like really feel that they get more out of that version. I may not agree with them, but I don't expect them to agree with me, either. And besides, I really can't hate something that gave us the episode where Ed and Mustang engage in an alchemy battle in order for Ed to get his State Alchemy certification renewed. Especially as that episode has so much Hughes! heart rofl heart

Timid Genius

5,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Yeah, I get what your saying.
I think both series are good; they both had flaws, but I enjoyed them both.
I mean, I wouldn't have watched Brotherhood if I hadn't liked the original enough to continue following the franchise.

Friendly Gaian

11,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I enjoyed both each one is unique in my opinion and don't see why people fight over which series was better.

Divine Nymph

12,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I haven't even seen Brotherhood.
I just came because I like FMA. crying

Space Genius

I like both series, but I prefer manga over them. The only FMA anime which sucks is Conqueror of Shamballa.
Yeah I totally agree. My boyfriend and I both agree that 2003 and Brotherhood are like retelling the same story. After we finished 2003, we went straight to Brotherhood, and it just felt like we were seeing the entire story, and all the new twists really pleased us! We still love 2003, and we still love Brotherhood. It's all the same story to us. 3nodding
OP? Marry me, please. I read the first 8 mangas before checking out the 2003 anime. I was 13 episodes in, and dropped it. Too much filler. Read the spoilers and saw last episode and CoS movie. Hated them with a passion!

Then FMAB came out, and I was SUPER happy, cuz I was reading the manga along with it!

Dapper Phantom

9,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
LingThing

Why must you insist on debating over which series is superior?
Just upsets me a little to see when people make posts like
2003 FMA SUX. THEY MESSED IT UP. BROTHERHOOD/MANGA ALL THE WAAAAY
You do realize that the only reason it was different was so that Hiromu could have a chance to finish the manga the way she intended. Not to mention the fact that the creative team behind the 2003 anime often consulted Hiromu about how the series should progress, and she herself enjoyed it and how it ended.
Both versions have their ups and downs, and due to their circumstances of creation, they really shouldn't be compared to begin with.
I'm probably going to see another versus/preference thread some time in the future, but I just needed to get this off my chest.

*sigh* i knew this was going to happen since the day they brought this forum up
i was also kinda hoping for one thread containing a decent conversation about the show not
"GIF DUMP"
"WHO IS DA HATTEST CHARACTER"
"I KNOW THIS IS THE FMA FORUM BUT I "ACCIDENTALY" POSTED ABOUT A COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT ANIME HERE"
User Image
I used to go insane looking for decent conversation but now i dont even want to bother with this forum, i usually just come here to laugh at the never ending flame war over which series was better
maggiedroid2

It really upsets me that the forum has to be this way. I was so excited because I thought I'd have a chance to get to know my fellow Fullmetal fans. I mean, Fullmetal is practically my life and I don't know where I'd be without it.
I really wish I could have a decent conversation about it here, and a roleplay where people don't play homonculi OC's and all-powerful state alchemist OC's.

Destructive Bunny

XForbidden_BelieverX
Anything with Edward Elric in it makes me happy. emotion_drool
Not to mention the long list of characters I'm in love with.
But Edward is still my fave.

This essentially.

I enjoyed both animes and the manga. emotion_yatta
Starshine
XForbidden_BelieverX
Anything with Edward Elric in it makes me happy. emotion_drool
Not to mention the long list of characters I'm in love with.
But Edward is still my fave.

This essentially.

I enjoyed both animes and the manga. emotion_yatta

Me too. emotion_kirakira
I fussed at my friend a couple of times saying, "A true FMA fan would love all formats of FMA."

sweatdrop

Which I know isn't necessarily true. But for me, as die hard of a fan that I am, I truly do love all forms of FMA. heart And the only way I compare them is through differences in how one did better than the other, but never with discontent on either.

Invisible Friend

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Oh my god! Thank you! Thank you for saying that!! And i thoucht I was the only one who thought this. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff