Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liilxa
Because the manga came first, then the bad anime, then brotherhood. It would be stupid to name it after the newest version.
FMA

Fully agree ^^
I started with the manga first so I was sort of repulsed by the first anime. The ending to the manga is far better and more satisfying.

deadflie's Husband

Snarky Man-Lover

16,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
Fullmetal Alchemist is the name of the original manga.

It's not just a show you silly willy.

Quotable Genius

Well, I enjoy the first half of the first anime, but they don't wrap it up well.
Instead, I hop over to FMAB to explain things and deliver a proper climax.

What I just described is actually the manga. I enjoyed the manga so very much.
The manga is what got me into FMA, and I like how FMAB follows the manga story...

So of course I prefer Brotherhood. But the first anime also has its own moments here and there...

I hate the competition. I think both animes are great, and so is the manga.

Desirable Gawker

StrayKit
Manlyskittles
Liilxa
Because the manga came first, then the bad anime, then brotherhood. It would be stupid to name it after the newest version.
FMA
Actually im pretty sure the anime came out before the manga and it wasnt that bad.

yeah the first anime was made before the manga was finished and they were allowed to go their own direction with it. so there was no way for them to get the originally intended storyline really

Straykit's right it came out before the manga finished, but the manga was still the first thing to come out. Then the original came out before the manga finished and pretty much made up their own story, then Brotherhood came out after both of them had finished and followed the manga perfectly.

Desirable Gawker

D0kt0r Bulletz
The manga is what got me into FMA, and I like how FMAB follows the manga story...

So of course I prefer Brotherhood. But the first anime also has its own moments here and there...

I actually started watching the original and I thought it was great! When I first started watching brotherhood I hated it! It was so different then the original, but then I read the manga and it BLEW MY MIND! Then I rewatched brotherhood multiple times and am now a huge fan of brotherhood, but the original was still alright when I first read the manga I couldn't believe how different they were tho.

Desirable Gawker

Unforgettable Fantasy
Liilxa
FMA

Fully agree ^^
I started with the manga first so I was sort of repulsed by the first anime. The ending to the manga is far better and more satisfying.

I completely agree I hated the ending to the original so much! Brotherhood had so much more of a badass ending! And I loved how Al actually fought on brotherhood instead of relying on Ed all the time, and he even learned to do alchemy without a circle!
kijitsu
Unforgettable Fantasy
Liilxa
FMA

Fully agree ^^

I completely agree I hated the ending to the original so much! Brotherhood had so much more of a badass ending! And I loved how Al actually fought on brotherhood instead of relying on Ed all the time, and he even learned to do alchemy without a circle!

I have a hard time watching the first anime without getting confused because my brain is so fixed on the manga's plot. Sloth, Wrath and Pride (perhaps Greed as well) are all switched up. Bradley as Pride totally threw my brain over the edge.
I'd have to admit that Al's voice in Brotherhood was pretty bad though.
D0kt0r Bulletz

i perfer Brotherhood
The origina; FMA series was so good! Sure it didn't stay true to the manga but it had great moments. I mean Brotherhood was good too but i liked the other series too smile
I liked FMAB for the comedy and the other one for it's serious and touching moments.
the first anime is what got me into fma but in the end i liked brotherhood more than the original. the ending was better and the whole thing was just less confussing. sweatdrop
StrayKit
Manlyskittles
Liilxa
FMA
Actually im pretty sure the anime came out before the manga and it wasnt that bad.

yeah the first anime was made before the manga was finished and they were allowed to go their own direction with it. so there was no way for them to get the originally intended storyline really

no one posts here anymore
Every fan has different preferences.

Some fans like the 2003 anime cuz of the drama.

Some fans like the 2009 Brotherhood anime cuz it follows the original manga story, is funnier, has a better ending, and has better color and animation.

And some like both.
The first anime wouldn't replace my love for FMA Brotherhood.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff