Welcome to Gaia! ::

I mean, whyyyy is it a Hot Topic? I haven't heard of anything special going on with it.. unless I'm out of the FMA loop. Kiiiinda random. xD;
crying Fullmetal Alchemist is a special manga/anime series. It's one of the few anime series that is so popular that it's been made twice. The first anime was made in 2003 or so, when the manga had only progressed to a certain point, so Hiromu Arakawa (the creator, artist, writer and so on of the manga) agreed to allow the director of that anime to take it in a different direction from where her story would head. Then in 2009, when Ms Arakawa had nearly completed the manga, the same studio started the same series from the beginning, but this time kept much closer to the original material.

If you're wondering why it's a hot topic, that's because many, many people love it. It has humour, beautiful art, incredible character development, amazing fight scenes, and both storylines of both anime series really pull in the viewer. That said, not everybody likes it. Not everybody likes Harry Potter, or Spider-Man, or whatever you put a pin on in the newspaper.

If you've watched it and don't like it, that's okay. Like I said, not everybody likes the same stuff. But if you haven't even tried it, maybe you could give it a go. It's one of the few animes that actually deals with stuff like why revenge isn't a good idea and how people deal with grief and loss (as in people dying loss). Your call.

Dapper Capitalist

They made it into a hot topic because Gaia teamed up with Funimation to release an FMA themed RIG a little while back and they figured that they should have a forum to go with it.

I just wish they would have done this while the series (the manga/Brotherhood at least) was still going, there would have been a lot more to discuss then.
It's got nothing to do with how "good" it is.
It's just promotional because of Funimation.
NyteSama
It's got nothing to do with how "good" it is.
It's just promotional because of Funimation.

I did not know. I'm needlessly optimistic at times, huh? But it's not on the hot topic list anymore, so be happy, 'kay?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff