And I always thought he looked male.

Hilarious Phantom

4,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Mayor Gravity
Burnt Sakura
Envy is a both because of his Homonculi powers(changing shape) I think he is more of a boy but you can definitely see how he is also a girl. It confused me for so long until I came up with this conclusion on some other peoples answers!! Hope it helps!!
Why wold changing shapes affect his gender?

Because he is a shape shifter, so he can change into a woman or a man, I was just thinking of a logical answer..........
Lol, well I've seen it as this: Envy means jealously. Envy can shapeshift {in my opinion} because he can turn into anything he want. {Not explaing very well >.<} If he sees a girl with soemthing he wants, he can form it, and the smae for teh otehr gender. If he like sthe way a girl looks, he can form it, and vice versa for a boy. I'm real bad at explaining things so I hope you cna get my idea >.<

5,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
yeah, he can change his sex, but his REAL sex is male razz

Floppy Sex Symbol

7,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Envy is male.

Married Wife

6,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
That's easy. Envy is a male cross dresser

kaafee's Problem

Sexy Bro

23,425 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Envy may have alot of feminity (his clothes and voice) to him, but he still is all male. ........... With bad fashion sense..... xd

7,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Dark Megaera
From what I read in the booklets that came with the dvds I bought of both FMA and FMA Brotherhood, in the original he was technically male as his true form was that of a blonde man. But in FMA Brotherhood and manga, he's supposed to have no specific gender.

I agree with dark
Does it matter? If they wanted you to know, you would know by now.

5,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
Haraku13

lol, well that's one way to put it hehe. Although..there are guys that wear those belly shirts;body builders, or guys that want to show off their muscles but not their.. lol ANYWAY!!
AH,This old question.
It makes me laugh xD

Envy,in his usual form,both in the manga,2003 Anime,AND Brotherhood,

Envy is genderless,or more so,'In between'
Basically,A hermphrodite.

In Alchemy,a hermphrodite symbolizes a 'perfect being'
In the manga and brotherhood,Father chose an inbetween genders embodiment for him,to symbolize 'homunculi perfection.'

While in the 2003 anime,since 'William' was both Hohenheim and Dante's son,they were students of one of the first european alchemists.So,in all 3 fmas,it follows natural alchemy,what Hohenheim did,was keep alchemy away from their son,hoping to make him accepted into the society despite he was already as outcast from being a b*****d child.

So Dante,taught William alchemy despite Hohenheim's forbbidence.(<lol i dont think thats a word,Sorry for my bad english! )

So of course,even then,A 'hermphrodite' was still called a complete being,since it has to do with the philsopher's stone.

So once the homunculue was born,based off their son,'Envy' took on the form of one,To symbolize by himself that homunculi were the newest evolutionary beings.

So,really Envy isnt psychally a male or female.
He's inbetween,so he would..er have both down there xD
So its not that 'he's a flat chested girl' or a ;guy with a girls outfit and voice'
HE IS A HERM.

Meaning,he's between.

Even though in the 2003 anime,his original being he was based off of,was a Male,
or that his true forms in the manga/brotherhood,are actually genderless,meaning,they dont have any type of sexual organs.

While in his skorty skort form we all love,he actually has both.

Hope this is helpful c:
Im a complete FMA Obsessed Dork,so I know what Im talking about xD
And if what I said doesnt help,try wikipedia c:! It even says it there xD

Barton Champion

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
He's androgynous, but if I had to choose one I'd say he was male.
Of course I"m biased because a guy friend of mine cosplays Envy really well, so I can't look at that series without thinking of that cosplay. xd

Interesting Gaian

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
I believe that Envy is androgynous because of the mixed features

Married Wife

6,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Oratashii
Haraku13

lol, well that's one way to put it hehe. Although..there are guys that wear those belly shirts;body builders, or guys that want to show off their muscles but not their.. lol ANYWAY!!

LMFAO smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces