other (please explain) 0.065857885615251 6.6% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 577 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 >

Hilarious Phantom

4,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Envy is a both because of his Homonculi powers(changing shape) I think he is more of a boy but you can definitely see how he is also a girl. It confused me for so long until I came up with this conclusion on some other peoples answers!! Hope it helps!!

Hilarious Phantom

4,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Window Shopper 100
An Invisible Shapeshifter
Now that there actually is a FMA subforum, I can repost my thread in the anime forum here.

THE AGES OLD DEBATE:

What is Envy's gender?

I believe that from the previous thread, a bunch of people thought Envy was genderless cause Envy was a homunculus.....

But each of the homunculi took on some form of gender....

And I still can't tell. Does Envy have breasts or not?

(By gender I mean biological sex. But feel free to discuss whatever Envy's gender is as well

Envy being a homunculi, - affects both genders equally. Are the genders of the homunculi whatever gender is more "affected" or probably just what the artist portrayed them as, or going by mythology?)
Also when Envy was in his original human state, he was a man..... but since he turned into a homonculi and he has a different power to everyone else where he can change his appearances.....
By mythology, what is Envy usually?

5,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
From what I've seen, here's my opinion on this.

In the first anime, Envy is a guy, which is shown when his true form was revealed at the end. (However, the little bios in the books of the DVDs claim he's female. That irks me, especially on the last DVD where his gender is confirmed. XD GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS GUYS. HE'S A CROSSDRESSING PALM TREE! LOL)

In Brotherhood and the manga, it's very much implied that Envy is genderless. Other characters refer to Envy as 'it', etc.

I usually refer to Envy as a male. Although I did mistake him for a girl at first, like many have. XD Then I saw his flat chest and concluded he's a crossdressing palm tree. =w=

Levykins's Bae

Prodigal Guildsman

14,925 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Signature Look 250
Technically, I'd have to say neither...

However, his base form is male-looking but his true form is just a wahmbulance (monsterous?) fetus.

Shy Gaian

I think that Envy is genderless because he is a shapeshifter, he can become whatever he wants to be.
I just say he since it is a lot easier than arguing with my own mind.

Benevolent Gekko

13,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Survivor 150
I laughed so hard when I saw the title for this. Not because it's stupid or anything but because I was thinking the same thing yesterday while flipping through my FMA manga. Envy is a dude who needs better clothes, a hair cut, and a deeper voice
lolz XP

Familiar Dabbler

User ImageHe's male in the 2003 anime version.

In the manga/brotherhood, he's genderless. Arakawa-sensei confirmed that not even Envy knows its true gender.

Distinct Explorer

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Envy is under 'other' because it is both male and female, since both genders experience it wink

5,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
Envy is a guy. Not sure if everyone hasn't seen the whole series soo...I won't SPOIL how I know that Envy is indeed a male.

wahmbulance BELOW IS THE SPOILER!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! wahmbulance

Episode 50) Before Envy kills Edward, he shows him who he really is. Envy was Dante's and Hohenheim's son. He looks just like Ed and Al's dad. The form Evny he's always in he "likes" because he doesn't look like his dad.

There's a lot more I could say but I won't. I'm going to watch this series again! heart

5,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
MikomiTheKitsune
From what I've seen, here's my opinion on this.

In the first anime, Envy is a guy, which is shown when his true form was revealed at the end. (However, the little bios in the books of the DVDs claim he's female. That irks me, especially on the last DVD where his gender is confirmed. XD GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS GUYS. HE'S A CROSSDRESSING PALM TREE! LOL)

In Brotherhood and the manga, it's very much implied that Envy is genderless. Other characters refer to Envy as 'it', etc.

I usually refer to Envy as a male. Although I did mistake him for a girl at first, like many have. XD Then I saw his flat chest and concluded he's a crossdressing palm tree. =w=

LMAO rofl I thought Envy was boy when I first saw him, but when I heard his voice then I was like " Is it a girl with a flat chest?!?! neutral " So then for a while Envy was a big question mark till I saw the end of the series.

Sparkly Waffles

Hmm, very interesting (to hear all these answers.)

So Genderless in the manga, and male in the anime...

I see, Genderless/both, means he can appear in whatever form he likes...hmm.

Now, another question. I know envy has a flatish chest, but I just can't figure out for the life of me if those actually really small (female) breasts in his genderless form , or if those are male breasts.

That sounds so wrong when I say it out like that, but, but, what do you think?

Is the genderless form he takes on closer to male or female, you think?
*feels a strange obligation to just sort of sit here and stare at this thread*

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Male, though quite androgynous.

Questionable Borg

I've always thought Envy was a guy

Questionable Borg

Burnt Sakura
Envy is a both because of his Homonculi powers(changing shape) I think he is more of a boy but you can definitely see how he is also a girl. It confused me for so long until I came up with this conclusion on some other peoples answers!! Hope it helps!!
Why wold changing shapes affect his gender?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff