Envy is...

male 0.57019064124783 57.0% [ 329 ]
female 0.077989601386482 7.8% [ 45 ]
genderless 0.28596187175043 28.6% [ 165 ]
other (please explain) 0.065857885615251 6.6% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 577 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

If it would go like this:
MALE |----------------------------------------|?|----------------------------------------| FEMALE

I think Envy would be here:
MALE |------------------------------------X---|?|----------------------------------------| FEMALE

I see him (Wait did I just---) as a "nearly genderless" or more like that Envy is genderless but has some features of male gender. I dunno, Envy, Y U SO CONFUSING!

Spirited Kin

Since I haven't watched brotherhood i can't say since they did change stuff apparently.
In the original however Envy is a male. The form you usually see him in is not his true form since he is actually a blonde. He doesn't take that form due to his hate towards his father (which is edwards father as well)
Yay for Envy and Ed + Al being half brothers lol
    Envy's genderless, but for the sake of making things easier, let's just call him a "he".

In the manga and in Brotherhood, Envy's true form isn't human--or humanoid, even--it's that weird, huge, green monster, so I guess it follows that he doesn't have any particular gender. It's just that "normal" occasions, he'd rather take the shape of a 'man'.

Also, I'd say the other homunculi--except Wrath (King Bradley) and Greed!Ling (and maybe Pride?)--wouldn't have particular genders either.

I think, for the other homunculi, they just look the way they do (with particular genders and all) because that's how the sin they represent would be best visualized, I guess. But idk, only Arakawa knows, hahahaha

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Envy's gender is palm tree. ninja
he is a male xd

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Homunculi cant reproduce, so they're all genderless.

Distinct Nerd

6,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Dark Megaera
From what I read in the booklets that came with the dvds I bought of both FMA and FMA Brotherhood, in the original he was technically male as his true form was that of a blonde man. But in FMA Brotherhood and manga, he's supposed to have no specific gender.

This.

Barton Mage

21,325 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
Envy was originally male, but he can change his gender to be whoever he wants to be.

Tipsy Codger

xx Cookie-Boots xx
Envy's gender is palm tree. ninja

Romantic Survivor

6,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
An Invisible Shapeshifter
Now that there actually is a FMA subforum, I can repost my thread in the anime forum here.

THE AGES OLD DEBATE:

What is Envy's gender?

I believe that from the previous thread, a bunch of people thought Envy was genderless cause Envy was a homunculus.....

But each of the homunculi took on some form of gender....

And I still can't tell. Does Envy have breasts or not?

(By gender I mean biological sex. But feel free to discuss whatever Envy's gender is as well

Envy being a homunculi, - affects both genders equally. Are the genders of the homunculi whatever gender is more "affected" or probably just what the artist portrayed them as, or going by mythology?)

By mythology, what is Envy usually?

Envy Is Male But Takes A Androganus Form (He Can Take ANY Form For Prefers The One He Is Normaly In) Also Those Are Not Boobs They Are Pecks.^^
I'm confuse if envy is either male or genderless, but in anime he's a male

2,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I think he's a male

7,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
Envy is what ever you want most.

Married Wife

16,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Envy is male. Even though he can shape-shift into various animals and people, including looking like women (Maria Ross and Gracia Hughes, cases in point) he is still a guy. The English voice actor is still Wendy Powell. Not the first time an actress has done a male voice, and not the only one in Brotherhood. The actors for Selim Bradley (a.k.a Pride) and Alphonse are women too.

Gracious Genius

14,125 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
it's a freak!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers