Welcome to Gaia! ::

I first experienced the Japanese voice track when Brotherhood was being streamed by Funimation back in 2009. Although I found it distracting to have to keep reading the subtitles while watching the action, it did give me an appreciation for their efforts. In spite of that, I really really like the dub-- largely because of Vic Mignogna as Ed, although Travis Willingham as Mustang and Sonny Strait as Hughes are also a HUGE entertainment factor. I do think both versions of Fullmetal generally have really good dubbing on them, but what does everybody (anybody) else think?

Blessed Hunter

6,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tipsy 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I personally prefer subbed for most of my anime but I don't mind most dubs, except for the Sailor Moon dub, the change Usagi's voice actor like fifty times. --.-- I did like the FMA dub.
i haven't gotten around to watching the subbed version of either anime yet, but i do intend to somepoint in the near future. i've seen the dubs though and from what i've come to understand they keep the translations and such very close to how it was in the original audio, and the voice actors still do well getting emotions and tones of their voices to match up to the characters very well. so i'm not sure about subbed yet but i do like the dubbed versions

Conservative Member

I haven't watched the subbed version yet. Although however I think I'd honestly would like the dubbed version better. Vic is a LEGEND and he's done so MANY voice acting jobs. I'm a fan C:
For most of the anime that I watch I prefer the dub so that I don't miss any of the action but there are some anime that I prefer the sub version better. For example I like Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's in dub, on Saturday mornings I would watch it in English so I am use to hearing it in English; I am normally up late on Saturday nights and on Adult Swim they air Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood, and Kekkaishi (I think that I spelled that correctly), also Fruits Basket. I like Vampire knight and Vampire knight: guilty with subs, Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (I believe that I spelled this one correctly). Even though sometimes I prefer to watch Naruto and Naruto Shippuden dubbed so that I can take in most of what is going on and not worry about what the characters are saying or talking about. I still like both versions though but, it really depends on which anime that I am watching.

Shameless Noob

12,350 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I've only seen part of the dub, but I love it. It's a bit weird adjusting to different voices at first, but for fma, I think most of the English voices fit well with the characters.
Now if we were also talking about the Hetalia dub...FUNIMATION FTW.

illkickurkid's Waifu

Interesting Noob

I think I watched the whole first Full Metal Alchemist dubbed, but during the Full Metal Alchemist brotherhood one, I watched it all subbed, and I watched them both from funimation. 3nodding

Fashionable Genius

4,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
ive only heard it in japanese once but i like the dub version better
i preferred the dubs. stare

Hygienic Streaker

6,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
I get used to subs, so I'm not watching anime with dubs so often. ^^

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Medalist 100
From what I hear, FMA is done very well done dubbed compared to most animes and general and personally, I think it really does show too.

Dapper Explorer

Usually I prefer Japanese audio over English but in this case Edward sounds a little young. Still I continue to watch the Japanese, though I prefer the manga anyways...

Desirable Dark Elf

I saw all of FMA and FMAB in Japanese first and then in English. Both are really good but I prefer the English version more because of Travis. biggrin

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sub. Sorry, but dubs just weird me out too many times for me to consider it an option so sub. Plus the original Japanese voices tend to fit better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff