Welcome to Gaia! ::

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Well what if we honestly think FMA is better? Bleach like too many Shonen Jump shows drags on and on (probably due to pressure from the publishers to recreate the success of DBZ) and just keeps adding characters and making things even more muddled. FMA at least has a regular coherent overarching story and it ends in a reasonable amount of time.

Yes, they are two different worlds, but if you compare them on the strength of their stories and overall anime then I think FMA is better.

Unbeatable Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It's alright if you think that FMA is better. It's just that I can't stand it when people go nagging at others that,"This show is better than that show!" And you are correct that many Mangaka make the mistake of creating a manga that sort of goes on forever.
Anne Packrat
Well what if we honestly think FMA is better? Bleach like too many Shonen Jump shows drags on and on (probably due to pressure from the publishers to recreate the success of DBZ) and just keeps adding characters and making things even more muddled. FMA at least has a regular coherent overarching story and it ends in a reasonable amount of time.

Yes, they are two different worlds, but if you compare them on the strength of their stories and overall anime then I think FMA is better.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
crystal zap
It's alright if you think that FMA is better. It's just that I can't stand it when people go nagging at others that,"This show is better than that show!" And you are correct that many Mangaka make the mistake of creating a manga that sort of goes on forever.
Anne Packrat

I think it's more pressure from the Shonen Jump editors to follow the same neverending formula DBZ does. Look at all the popular Shonen Jump series: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Yu-gi-oh. They all continue on and on and keep introducing new enemies out of nowhere to prolong the story.

FMA, however, is in Shonen Gangan, which is owned by Square Enix, tends to have shorter (relatively) more story driven series like Violinist of Hamlin, FMA, Soul Eater and Tripeace.

Unbeatable Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
For me, I'll read anything with about 20-30 volumes. Anything less, than it's too short. If it goes up to it's 50's it's too long.I'm still in the process of reading Naruto, Bleach, Inu-Yasha, and Yu-Gi-Oh. I have seen some of their shows.

I'm currently reading and watching Soul Eater. I've seen how many volumes there are. It's all right, but Atsushi Ohkubo is also making a new manga called Soul Eater NOT!

Anne Packrat
crystal zap
Anne Packrat

Anne Packrat
I think it's more pressure from the Shonen Jump editors to follow the same neverending formula DBZ does. Look at all the popular Shonen Jump series: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Yu-gi-oh. They all continue on and on and keep introducing new enemies out of nowhere to prolong the story.

FMA, however, is in Shonen Gangan, which is owned by Square Enix, tends to have shorter (relatively) more story driven series like Violinist of Hamlin, FMA, Soul Eater and Tripeace.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
crystal zap
For me, I'll read anything with about 20-30 volumes. Anything less, than it's too short. If it goes up to it's 50's it's too long.I'm still in the process of reading Naruto, Bleach, Inu-Yasha, and Yu-Gi-Oh. I have seen some of their shows.

I'm currently reading and watching Soul Eater. I've seen how many volumes there are. It's all right, but Atsushi Ohkubo is also making a new manga called Soul Eater NOT!

Soul Eater NOT is a prequel to Soul Eater which is still running. He does both concurrently.

Fashionable Genius

4,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
I LOVE BOTH ANIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ICHIGO, EDWARD, ROY, RUKIA, BYAKUYA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heart

Witty Phantom

People actually compare the harsh, lesson teaching mistress, beautifully executed and psychologically challenging maserpiece that was FMA to a camp popcorn soap opera with a sad excuse for a plot? Bleach was only good during the first 2-3 seasons, going sorely down hill from there. Get over it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games