Dapper Noob

holy cow
thought this ended years ago

Gracious Prophet

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I believe it did end a while ago but i still watch it from time to time, i actually bought all of the brotherhood series on blue ray

Dapper Noob

what's this show about

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The one that 'ended years ago' was the 2003 version - it followed the manga up to a certain point, and when they caught up to where the manga was, they kind of went off in their own direction. The more recent and revamped version is called FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and follows the manga much more closely.

FMA Brotherhood is about two brothers (Edward and Alphonse Elric) whose father left when they were very young, and whose mother died of illness not long after. They decided to revive her using alchemy, which they had dabbled in while she was still alive - even though they know that Human Transmutation is considered a taboo. The results were disastrous - Edward lost his leg and Alphonse lost his entire body. Edward managed to do some quick thinking and attached his brother's soul to a nearby suit of armor - at the cost of his arm.

Now they travel around their country (somewhat modeled after Germany circa the European Industrial Revolution) trying to find a way to regain their original bodies. Hilarity, drama, horror, and military hijinx ensue.

It's quite good, you should check it out.
It's a classic. The first 2003 FMA anime is the one that ended long ago. The 2009 Brotherhood anime ended 2 years ago, I think. Or last year.
yep, people still watch this anime just like people stillw atch every other anime out there~

the '03 anime ended and stopped airing years ago but Brotherhood, the newer anime that follows the manga, still reruns on saturdays on toonami(adult swim) but it's getting towards the end again. plus the movie, Sacred Star of Milos, and the Brotherhood OVAs came out within the last few months which is why a lot of stuff has come out again.

Versatile Explorer

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"That's what she said."

Profitable Gaian

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
It's a classic.

Newbie Hunter

People still watch all kinds of old anime still... anime doesn't have an expiry date. It really bugs me when people say that. It's a classic. Would you ask "Why are you still listening to that, it's so old?" about a song/artist/band?
Sailor Moon is considered OLD and people still watch that. FMA and FMA:Brotherhood are still very considerably young compared to other anime.

Profitable Fatcat

6,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
jaysuss
People still watch all kinds of old anime still... anime doesn't have an expiry date. It really bugs me when people say that. It's a classic. Would you ask "Why are you still listening to that, it's so old?" about a song/artist/band?

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,100 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
I still watch it, I'm trying to watch all of brotherhood right now
When I'm F├╝hrer, there will be changes! That day.......

Im re-watching it before i buy it all on DVD then Im going to buy all of brotherhood and watch that.

-strikes dramatic pose- all female officers will be required to wear - TINY MINISKIRTS!
ummm never hear about it :/
Even though it ended years ago, there are people who rewatch it, and those who are only just starting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff